Favourite commentary

LeftBack

On the back of off the ball yesterday...greatest commentary involving Hearts?

"Skacel...ominous"

"Its unbelievable...freedom of Edinburgh awaits Mark De vries...well half of it anyway"

Well since I'm at every game I don't hear any commentary. 

So mine is 1982 a rare game missed. John Robertson coming on as sub v Alloa, one his first appearances. Scored 2 goals and commentator on radio was really enthusiastic about a young player who could be an exciting prospect. 

26 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Relegation party after the 2nd goal. Goosebumps. 

Absolutely love that commentary. Derek Rae is an excellent commentator, and chose his words for that perfectly. 

“The message is clear. Not on this patch of Edinburgh land. Not in a derby. No relegation today”

My memorable commentaries are mostly international games. Back when I gave a rats about international football. 

Archie's commentary of Dalglish v. Wales at Anfield in 1977 springs to mind and Italy's 2nd goal in the 1982 World Cup final:

"It's Rossi, it's Scirea, it's Bergomi, it's Scirea, it's...MARCO TARDELLIIIIIIII".

Would love to hear David Begg's radio commentary of Graham Weir's 4-4 goal again. I was at the game but the BBC used it in a trailer for about a year afterwards. Can't find it online. 

Incidentally, I had a look at Tardelli's goal to get the names right and shocked to discover that Scirea died in 1989. A car crash in Poland whilst on a spying mission to watch Juve's upcoming UEFA Cup opponents. 

I don't think anything will top "Amoruso let's it run..." for me. 

Although, I was fond of the 4-4 game's "Can you script this?". 

Edited by Normthebarman

alicante jambo

Got to be the best commentaryever was the day we beat celtic at parkhead wi scott crabbe and john miller scoring. That was the best display i have ever seen from us at parkhead. When we got back to the bus the radio was on and it all sarted with and the goals came like this ( And hearts are ripping celtic apart) wish i could get a hold of the commentary looked for it for years.

This has to be up there......Rob MacLean - “He’s done it again!!” after Magic’s hat trick goal at Ibrox! One of my best days as a Hearts supporter!

been here before
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well since I'm at every game I don't hear any commentary. 

So you never watch any highlights, never record games such as cuo finals and watch them back, games on YouTube from years ago?

Anyhow back in the normal world, I'll plump for the afore mentioned Amaruso letting it run, Arthur Montford I think when Dalglish scored at Anfield in 77, Gemmills 2nd against the Dutch, not slavering Archie McPhersons but this one complete with Jimmy Hill going spare in the background-

And of course "not on this patch of Edinburgh land. Not in a derby. No relegation today."

1 hour ago, martoon said:

"It's Rossi, it's Scirea, it's Bergomi, it's Scirea, it's...MARCO TARDELLIIIIIIII

Slightly different commentary and a bit off topic but probably the best ever celebration. Totz emosh as they say...

Edited by been here before

My half sister

Was at the Scotland  v Czechoslovakia WC qualifier in 1973 but heard it later, Arthur Montfort said 'watch your back Denis' when Law had a defender on him.

You couldn't beat Arthur 

I like the "Don't , don't do it, go on then" description of Ozturk's.

Big fan of "Hearts are rampant" in the cup final

Edited by Glottis

When West Ham beat Fulham in the 75 FA Cup Final I had the commentary on Vinyl. It's a really awful game but the commentary for both of Alan Taylor's goals still gives me goosebumpsWest-Ham-1975-FA-Cup-Final-Vinyl-Record.jpg

Edited by Jamhammer

Салатные палочки

"John Colquhoun for Hearts. And there is the spirit of Hearts for all to see" 

"Foster, using his pace, the chance to win the game for Hearts. HE'S DONE IT". 

"And Adam stole iiiiinn and it's 2-0. And Amoruso for a moment went to sleep and Stephane Adam took full advantage". 

"JOSE QUITONGO FOR HEARTS"

"Celtic are invincible no more! But fair play to Hearts, a performance of pride, and passion, and spirit and character. A sensational scoreline that reads Hearts 4, Celtic nil!"

47 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

"John Colquhoun for Hearts. And there is the spirit of Hearts for all to see" 

"Foster, using his pace, the chance to win the game for Hearts. HE'S DONE IT". 

"And Adam stole iiiiinn and it's 2-0. And Amoruso for a moment went to sleep and Stephane Adam took full advantage". 

"JOSE QUITONGO FOR HEARTS"

:yas:

What was the Hibs game where Scott said something like "yet another demolition, get the video on Monday" - and we actually had to produce one due to demand!  [I might be wrong but I remember it this way].... :greggy:

“OHH HEARTS ARE RAMPANT!!”

”The message is clear, not on this patch of Edinburgh land, not in a derby, no relegation today”

”This is Holt, and he finds STEVENSON!! OH THATS UNBELIEVABLE! UN-BELIEVABLE!”

”Ozturk, oh that was amBITIOUS FROM THERE (2nd commentator having an orgasm in the backround)”

”WHAT A MASSIVE MAROON MOMENT AT ANFIELD”

4 hours ago, been here before said:

So you never watch any highlights, never record games such as cuo finals and watch them back, games on YouTube from years ago?

Anyhow back in the normal world, I'll plump for the afore mentioned Amaruso letting it run, Arthur Montford I think when Dalglish scored at Anfield in 77, Gemmills 2nd against the Dutch, not slavering Archie McPhersons but this one complete with Jimmy Hill going spare in the background-

And of course "not on this patch of Edinburgh land. Not in a derby. No relegation today."

Slightly different commentary and a bit off topic but probably the best ever celebration. Totz emosh as they say...

The original Motson commentary and arguably the most visceral celebration of all time. 

Absolutely spine tingling.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Skippy Doodle said:

giphy.gif

Gets my vote. 

Always remember it. 

Ferguson..... What an arrival! 

:scenes:

7 hours ago, martoon said:

My memorable commentaries are mostly international games. Back when I gave a rats about international football. 

Archie's commentary of Dalglish v. Wales at Anfield in 1977 springs to mind and Italy's 2nd goal in the 1982 World Cup final:

"It's Rossi, it's Scirea, it's Bergomi, it's Scirea, it's...MARCO TARDELLIIIIIIII".

Would love to hear David Begg's radio commentary of Graham Weir's 4-4 goal again. I was at the game but the BBC used it in a trailer for about a year afterwards. Can't find it online. 

Incidentally, I had a look at Tardelli's goal to get the names right and shocked to discover that Scirea died in 1989. A car crash in Poland whilst on a spying mission to watch Juve's upcoming UEFA Cup opponents. 

Its a great shame that Scirea is not mentioned in the same breath as the other great Italian defenders of the game, he won scudetti, Italian cup, eufa cup cup winners cup, European cup, European super cup, intercontinental Cup and  the World Cup..... Astonishing 

Skippy Doodle
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gets my vote. 

Always remember it. 

Ferguson..... What an arrival! 

:scenes:

The fact it is Martin Tyler seems to add to it

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Loved David Francie and Arthur Montford growing up. 

Wales 77 Archie and Arthur had great commentary. 

Bryan Butler a legend of the old radio 2 for Maradona 86, Peter Jones then Mike Ingham great radio commentary as was our own David Begg.

Too hard to pick a Hearts one,  so many.  Jimmy Sandison The Lion of Vienna as Alistair Alexander dubbed him.

But there can only ever be one winner,  link supplied 

jamboinglasgow

Some good ones, still has to be the "Adam..." from the 1998 cup final, with "Skacel, ominous" being close second.

As for non-Hearts, I love a bit of non-English commentary and the Italian commentators after Italy scored the first goal against Germany in the 2006 world cup semi final is just joyful. So much joy and unrestrained happiness from the commentator.

Has to be the "Agueeerrrrooooooooooo" for Man City against QPR. Can't stick Man City and the corporate machine they have become but I'll never forget that and nor will manier football fan for the rest of their lives. 

Samuel Camazzola

Gary Neville's reaction to Torres scoring (for Chelsea) v Barca in Champions League. 😂 

Clive Tyldsley's commentary at closing stages of 1999 Champions League Final 

Was it Norway who eliminated England in WC qualifying when the commentator rattled off a list of English figures and stated "Your boys took one hell of a beating."?