Favourite commentary

LeftBack

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Loved David Francie and Arthur Montford growing up. 

Wales 77 Archie and Arthur had great commentary. 

Bryan Butler a legend of the old radio 2 for Maradona 86, Peter Jones then Mike Ingham great radio commentary as was our own David Begg.

Too hard to pick a Hearts one,  so many.  Jimmy Sandison The Lion of Vienna as Alistair Alexander dubbed him.

But there can only ever be one winner,  link supplied 

10 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Gary Neville's reaction to Torres scoring (for Chelsea) v Barca in Champions League. 😂 

Clive Tyldsley's commentary at closing stages of 1999 Champions League Final 

Was it Norway who eliminated England in WC qualifying when the commentator rattled off a list of English figures and stated "Your boys took one hell of a beating."?

3 hours ago, Hercules said:

Archie Macpherson. 

Robbo. ‘86. 3rd goal. 

What a day. And i've always wondered what happened to the Dad and his wee boy after the 3rd goal went in. They were at the front and we were about 3 yards behind them as he lifted his boy onto the track/pitch. What a laugh. Does anyone know who they are.

28 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

What a day. And i've always wondered what happened to the Dad and his wee boy after the 3rd goal went in. They were at the front and we were about 3 yards behind them as he lifted his boy onto the track/pitch. What a laugh. Does anyone know who they are.

Outside of obvious finals and derby wins, my favourite game. Felt really significant. What a performance. 

5 hours ago, Hercules said:

Archie Macpherson. 

Robbo. ‘86. 3rd goal. 

Outstanding.. Robbo’s goal, Henry’s save, one of my favourites... haven’t watched those full highlights for ages. Lot of ‘direct’ (!!) football played that day by both teams mind you! Remember thinking we’d effectively won the league that day.. 

16 hours ago, Bozi said:

Its a great shame that Scirea is not mentioned in the same breath as the other great Italian defenders of the game, he won scudetti, Italian cup, eufa cup cup winners cup, European cup, European super cup, intercontinental Cup and  the World Cup..... Astonishing 

I'm sure I read that he's one of just a handful of players who have achieved this full set of medals. As you say, astonishing.

iwasthere1954
On 08/09/2019 at 13:14, redjambo said:

Those two wee Hibby kids faces. A complete WTF moment. I was in the front section of the stand and the guy sitting in front of me landed up five rows in front.