This is worse than the Romanov Era

Sagan

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I would never have guessed, you are portraying yourself as being extremely bitter in truth

I am bitter so that is very observant.  I, like MANY Hearts fans (in a far away world outside Jambos Kickback) am not a fan of Ann Budge.

This to you means I have a problem with the 4.5 billion other women on the planet because of this.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, martoon said:

That's what is driving me up the wall. We've wasted so much time, and opportunity. A better head coach, making better signings and we could have had a very good time the last few seasons with the resources at hand.

If anything the upgrade in signings over the summer has increased the frustration. The squad is not perfect, probably never will be, but it is good enough to provide us with attacking football, frequent good results and a top 4 finish. 

There's nothing to indicate that will happen while Levein is head coach or deciding who is. 

Yip. 

The squad we have now is the 3rd best in the league, on paper. The correct man could have us ushering in a new chapter of success. Instead we seem hell bent on wasting another season hoping that Levein can somehow fix the mess he has created. A squad of near 30, changing shape and formation weekly, the same individual errors and post match ramblings........very frustrating. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I am bitter so that is very observant.  I, like MANY Hearts fans (in a far away world outside Jambos Kickback) am not a fan of Ann Budge.

This to you means I have a problem with the 4.5 billion other women on the planet because of this.

So what have you got against a womens team and why not, its hardly ground breaking, most teams have done it or are doing it. Lots of girls play football in the playground these days including my own. The expense if you can call it that is a drop in the ocean but yet you think its a waste of time, which is an insult to women, they don't matter, they don't count.

But yet they pump their money in and go and watch Hearts every week, unlike yourself.

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The way the world is going, I think you are going to struggle. Go and read about the BBC and what they are currently doing to readdress situations with equality, it will give you a greater understanding of how the world is and where it is going, and judging by your constant diatribe, I think you have an issue with women rather than Hearts running.

I have no issue with Hearts ladies being treated equally. They should have their own version of FOH and live within the means that the income brings. There are so many supporters of it by the looks of the posts on here that I'm sure they'd do well but there are also many who contribute to FOH who have no interest in their subscriptions being diverted to what they see as a vanity project.

Let those who want to pay for it pay for it and those who don't not.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So what have you got against a womens team and why not, its hardly ground breaking, most teams have done it or are doing it. Lots of girls play football in the playground these days including my own. The expense if you can call it that is a drop in the ocean but yet you think its a waste of time, which is an insult to women, they don't matter, they don't count.

But yet they pump their money in and go and watch Hearts every week, unlike yourself.

I support women playing football just not on my tab.  5 years ago we almost liquidated.  I signed up to save our club and within months she was throwing money away on luxuries like this (granted this came later).  Having a women's team means less money for the men's team and means that as a club we lose money.  Why would I support that?

Edited by i8hibsh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I have no issue with Hearts ladies being treated equally. They should have their own version of FOH and live within the means that the income brings. There are so many supporters of it by the looks of the posts on here that I'm sure they'd do well but there are also many who contribute to FOH who have no interest in their subscriptions being diverted to what they see as a vanity project.

Let those who want to pay for it pay for it and those who don't not.

I'm sure it will in time. I think easily forgotten, we have benefactors, benefactors living in the 21st century. Its the ultimate exaggeration to say this is eating into us, I think you will find its the exact opposite. And you can add the shirt sponsor to that list.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I support women playing football just not on my tab.  5 years ago we almost liquidated.  I signed up to save our club and within months she was throwing money away on luxuries like this (granted this came later).  Having a women's team means less money for the men's team and means that as a club we lose money.  Why would I support that?

Because you're not allowed to question or challenge the decisions of Ann. We're lucky to have a club to support etc

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I support women playing football just not on my tab.  5 years ago we almost liquidated.  I signed up to save out club and within months she was throwing money away on luxuries like this (granted this came later).  Having a women's team means less money for the men's team and means that as a club we lose money.  Why would I support that?

It absolutely doesn't, see above reply to Ron

Edited by Sir Gio

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It absolutely doesn't, see above reply to Ron

Provide me with a Db CR ledger please of the Hearst ladies team.  Prove to me it makes money.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Provide me with a Db CR ledger please of the Hearst ladies team.  Prove to me it makes money.

It doesn't have to make money, but you need to have the team to attract the correct investors.

Could be wrong but do they not call this a loss leader in the 21st Century. 2 words I am frankly sick fed up of hearing are diversity and inclusion, the society we live in now demands we treat everyone equally. Since women make up half the population (roughly) then it is important that they are acknowledged.

In short, not having a womens team, could be hugely detrimental to attracting investment from those who this is important to, and for the relatively small outlay, a gesture I am more than happy, actually delighted we spend this, to ensure we are seen as a 21st century company that people want to do business with. Ethics. As I say, stick the shirt sponsor on there. Image is everything in 2019.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It doesn't have to make money, but you need to have the team to attract the correct investors.

Could be wrong but do they not call this a loss leader in the 21st Century. 2 words I am frankly sick fed up of hearing are diversity and inclusion, the society we live in now demands we treat everyone equally. Since women make up half the population (roughly) then it is important that they are acknowledged.

In short, not having a womens team, could be hugely detrimental to attracting investment from those who this is important to, and for the relatively small outlay, a gesture I am more than happy, actually delighted we spend this, to ensure we are seen as a 21st century company that people want to do business with. Ethics. As I say, stick the shirt sponsor on there. Image is everything in 2019.

We are a relatively small football club, can we justify this?  We seem to be acting like Barca, I mean look no further than our sponsor for that.

If and when we start seeing improvement on the football field I will chill out more but as yet, it seems nothing more than missionary work.

Shows you the different mentalities across supporters. 

Some go right on the defensive and talk about the finances, non-football stuff.

If someone poses that sort of question I immediately think football on the park. Maybe just the era im from?

There’s no doubt the club is healthier off the park at the moment. 

Edited by Debut 4

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are a relatively small football club, can we justify this?  We seem to be acting like Barca, I mean look no further than our sponsor for that.

If and when we start seeing improvement on the football field I will chill out more but as yet, it seems nothing more than missionary work.

49e9c2621c87bf35132b76dfab63e204.jpg.3e54b504d1923260113de59bd422d9ce.jpg

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

49e9c2621c87bf35132b76dfab63e204.jpg.3e54b504d1923260113de59bd422d9ce.jpg

That is a very gender phobic picture.  Really not progressive enough for this football club.

For one the girl has a dress on and is holding a doll.  The boy also looks like he is over powering her aggressively. 

I think you may also be trans phobic.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Shows you the different mentalities across supporters. 

Some go right on the defensive and talk about the finances, non-football stuff.

If someone poses that sort of question I immediately think football on the park. Maybe just the era im from?

There’s no doubt the club is healthier off the park at the moment. 

That doesn't hold up tho, we've had far worse times on the park than last season. 

So even if just thinking football- Purley the first team, the reaction from some on here still doesn't add up.

If anything we have been very average the last two seasons. 

Some of the words and expressions used on here do not reflect that at all. 

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That is a very gender phobic picture.  Really not progressive enough for this football club.

For one the girl has a dress on and is holding a doll.  The boy also looks like he is over powering her aggressively. 

:laugh4:

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wasting your time. 

Some Folk don't think this way. 

It's a worry, even in life. 

Aye........OK

:cornette:

11 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

He corrected. He never meddled. 

Vlad to player X: 'you are sick, you can't play today'

Player X: 'No I'm n..'

Vlad: 'you are sick'

Player X: (sighs) 'I am sick'

Situation corrected.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I really want to see the actual numbers for our ladies team.  Money in money out numbers.There is absolutely no way in the world this side of the 'business' can support and justify the numbers going in.  What gets me as this is 'growth' to some people.  I'd welcome the ladies team if it generated good numbers and justified the effort, time and expense but it doesn't.  It is there to make Ann Budge look and feel good.  And that is why I am so against it.

Unless the men's team benefit from an action we take off the field it is a waste of time, effort and expense.  And we are absolutely drowning in pointless activities right now.  We are a charity with Mother Budge walking about as a missionary.

The actual number to put it in a term you might understand is at this precise moment ,

**** all .

The women’s team and in fact all the female teams are at this moment self funding, be it thru monthly subs or player sponsorship 

We have just recently signed a young American player, this opens up the name of Heart of Midlothian to an expanding American market which will hopefully generate more commercial potential . 

I think you have issues with females .

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Joined on the 3rd August - 35 days ago.

617 posts in those 35 days.

That's 17.62 posts per day.

Give it a ******* break, just trying to get your post count up at a prolific rate.

You're either a Bot or a Hobo ... or a Hobo that loves his sisters Bot.

😇

5 minutes ago, JamboGoggz said:

Vlad to player X: 'you are sick, you can't play today'

Player X: 'No I'm n..'

Vlad: 'you are sick'

Player X: (sighs) 'I am sick'

Situation corrected.

Ian Black on Si Ferry mentioned the Zaliukas one where he got off he coach took a call got on and said lads im sick and went home

5 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Read this! 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-had-to-use-her-own-credit-card-on-hearts-business-after-bank-turned-down-club-1-4998730

Ann Budge has revealed she had to use her own credit card on Hearts business after her takeover because the club’s bank manager refused to issue one. 

The Tynecastle owner was yesterday welcoming delegates to the Edinburgh Sports Conference at the Signet Library in Edinburgh. She delivered a speech that sought to illustrate the difference between running an IT business with a turnover of £50 million – as she had done – and one where the turnover was around £5m initially. It was a miracle it was even that since Hearts were in administration at the time; trust was also in short supply.

She quickly discovered that scrutiny is in inverse proportion to turnover. Few people in the street wanted to know her when she was calling the shots at Newell & Budge, the IT consultancy firm she helped found in 1985 and then sold in a deal worth more than £40m.

“One of the main differences I have found in football is you have to justify every business decision constantly in front of the media and indeed supporters,” she said. 

“In my previous life I had a turnover in excess of £50m, I had between 100 and 200 corporate clients and over 1,000 in my workforce but I could walk around Edinburgh with total anonymity; no one knew who I was at all and that was terrific. I then took over a football club with a turnover of just over £5m at the time – of course we do have over 15,000 clients if I count as clients those supporters who come to Tynecastle on a regular basis. And the media and supporters want to know what is going on all the time.”

One person who wasn’t interested in what she had to say at the time was the bank manager

I had to use my own credit
card to facilitate purchases and that was despite having paid off our debts and having a million sitting in the bank. I could still not get the bank manager to give us a credit card, because we were a football club.”

Another difference she found between her new life and her old life is that none of her customers used to come to her former place of work and “rip up seats, spray-paint toilets and shout abuse”. She has learned to accept dealing with the ugly side of the game. 

“We have a full set of hospitality offerings. I find myself running a pub, and we have a restaurant – and there are challenges getting a profit from running a pub and from running a restaurant; they are quite different. We also run a museum, a charity, of course a retail business. 

“We have to do all these things as a football club. Over the last few years we have built a new stand at our home ground: for a long time it felt as though I was running a construction company. It was close to an £18m development and that’s no small undertaking while we were trying to do all these other things. But if we are ever to get out of this position of basically fighting for survival it has to be because we are building a sustainable business regardless of what is going on on the pitch.”

Budge remains confident that despite Hearts and Hibs both having endured poor starts they will be challenging for a European place in the business part of the season.

“But we are only four games into the season, I have not 
given up hope yet. I should probably say: watch this space. I am confident both Edinburgh clubs will be fighting for a spot in Europe at the end of 
the season.”

I hope she does. That doesn't read well to me.

WheatfieldWarrior
30 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The actual number to put it in a term you might understand is at this precise moment ,

**** all .

The women’s team and in fact all the female teams are at this moment self funding, be it thru monthly subs or player sponsorship 

We have just recently signed a young American player, this opens up the name of Heart of Midlothian to an expanding American market which will hopefully generate more commercial potential . 

I think you have issues with females .

I have noticed a shift in the balance of supporters, with the number of women and girls in our section increasing significantly over the last 5 or so years.  - I think there is about 6 of 30 in our row currently.

Having a women's team Is a small change, but saying that 50% of the potential supporters base can't even dream of playing for Hearts is wrong.

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What a lot of baloney. If you didn’t like the way AB saved Hearts and run the club, why didn’t you put the money in to save the club. AB is the only owner of Hearts who has pledged to sell the club to its supporters. If I were her reading your posts I would rip up the agreement with FOH and retain ownership. She certainly must be tempted to do that with supporters like you.

16 hours ago, Sagan said:

At least we knew Romanov was off his nut. 

This is just down right deceit.

Toddle on back to your  own sad site..... there's a good chap.

46 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I have noticed a shift in the balance of supporters, with the number of women and girls in our section increasing significantly over the last 5 or so years.  - I think there is about 6 of 30 in our row currently.

Having a women's team Is a small change, but saying that 50% of the potential supporters base can't even dream of playing for Hearts is wrong.

👍🏻👍🏻

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That doesn't hold up tho, we've had far worse times on the park than last season. 

So even if just thinking football- Purley the first team, the reaction from some on here still doesn't add up.

If anything we have been very average the last two seasons. 

Some of the words and expressions used on here do not reflect that at all. 

Sure, but I was more in response to the OPs poser.  

If we sidestep the sideshows and nonsense OFF the park under Romanov, we had one 2nd place, two 3rd place finishes, a 4th place, two cups wins and many wins over the old firm.....We had one almighty dreadful season finishing 8th and a couple of under performing but less horrific seasons. 

Of course, we had money lavished out on us but the point I always make, irrespective of whether being run in the red or black, you still need the correct personnel in place to make it work.  

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Sure, but I was more in response to the OPs poser.  

If we sidestep the sideshows and nonsense OFF the park under Romanov, we had one 2nd place, two 3rd place finishes, a 4th place, two cups wins and many wins over the old firm.....We had one almighty dreadful season finishing 8th and a couple of under performing but less horrific seasons. 

Of course, we had money lavished out on us but the point I always make, irrespective of whether being run in the red or black, you still need the correct personnel in place to make it work.  

Weve had a 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th.

Made our first final since admin last season. 

Not a go at you but if you're an older fan, it is hardly a disaster that some are saying. 

We've also spent £15m on a new stand amongst rebuilding other infrustructure destroyed. 

If you just read the comments on here, you'd think we'd plummeted down the divisions or were dripping with trophies in years gone by. 

Also, for the older fans we went 35 plus years without a trophy. 

If anybody over 25 is in a rage then even the football argument makes little sense. 

We have been nothing but very average, we need to improve but again, relative to the comments and reaction on here you wouldn't think that. 

To be controversial l, I think we under performed under Romanov. We should have won the league and would have without his interference imo. 

2 Scottish Cups were good, but we should have had more. 

Admin was a high price to pay for 1 sc more than  the likes of ICT, St Johnstone, hibs have had recently. 

Just some thoughts, not a dig at you. I know you're replying and trying to make some sense of things. 

Bazzas right boot

Her Edinburgh club comment can be taken a few ways ways-

She want us both to do well. 

She's Highlighted them as they have a new manager and are getting worse. 

She's having a sky wee dig as they are shite as well. 

I'm going for the the former 2.

A sly, subtle and somehow classy dig at how shite hibs are doing.. Under a new manager. 

37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Her Edinburgh club comment can be taken a few ways ways-

She want us both to do well. 

She's Highlighted them as they have a new manager and are getting worse. 

She's having a sky wee dig as they are shite as well. 

I'm going for the the former 2.

A sly, subtle and somehow classy dig at how shite hibs are doing.. Under a new manager. 

I think you know, deep down, she wants us both to do well.

She can shove the Special Relationship in the bin, as far as i am concerned.

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm sure it will in time. I think easily forgotten, we have benefactors, benefactors living in the 21st century. Its the ultimate exaggeration to say this is eating into us, I think you will find its the exact opposite. And you can add the shirt sponsor to that list.

Is the question here: to what extent are we relying on the generosity of benefactors and what happens if they stop 'benefacting'?

It seems a little precarious.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think you know, deep down, she wants us both to do well.

She can shove the Special Relationship in the bin, as far as i am concerned.

Nah. 

I think she wants to come across the opposite from the Glasgow twins. 

I also think she was reminding folk that a new manager doesn't mean success and that hibs are shite. 

She's a subtle lady. 

Her statements aren't random, they are prepared and Likley professionally checked. 

She may prefer hibs to do better over say the Glasgow lot, who knows? 

Just because you don't come on here ranting and raving or have a username after hibs doesn't mean you like them. 

Intelligent, balanced people are far more subtle and less emotional and obvious. 

Doesnt mean they care less. 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah. 

I think she wants to come across the opposite from the Glasgow twins. 

I also think she was reminding folk that a new manager doesn't mean success and that hibs are shite. 

She's a subtle lady. 

Her statements aren't random, they are prepared and Likley professionally checked. 

She may prefer hibs to do better over say the Glasgow lot, who knows? 

Just because you don't come on here ranting and raving or have a username after hibs doesn't mean you like them. 

Intelligent, balanced people are far more subtle and less emotional and obvious. 

Doesnt mean they care less. 

‘Do you think she is maybe after a Liverpool/Everton style relationship? Where both sets of supporters get on ok but hate the Manchester clubs. So in Hearts/Hibs case hate the old firm more.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

When they aren’t busy getting the blame for hiding your ticket 😉

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

‘Do you think she is maybe after a Liverpool/Everton style relationship? Where both sets of supporters get on ok but hate the Manchester clubs. So in Hearts/Hibs case hate the old firm more.

maybe just sees the big picture (publicly) which is Edinburgh and the business side of it when she speaks publicly. Business relationships are good , It doesn’t mean she likes Hibs or is in there beds wi them. You know while we are all partying.

I have no doubt throughout the club is just as much hatred for Hibs as ever. Impossible not to be when you have people like Lockey and Levein there. Thats the behind closed doors and fan attitude to them. Its not a bad thing to separate.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

maybe just sees the big picture (publicly) which is Edinburgh and the business side of it when she speaks publicly. Business relationships are good , It doesn’t mean she likes Hibs or is in there beds wi them. You know while we are all partying.

I have no doubt throughout the club is just as much hatred for Hibs as ever. Impossible not to be when you have people like Lockey and Levein there. Thats the behind closed doors and fan attitude to them. Its not a bad thing to separate.

I think some fans might take it the wrong way. Important she keeps the support on side as well.

What you say seems sensible though.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe, but it would be pure speculation. 

She definitely doesn't want a culture of hate that the arse cheeks have. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The Merseyside rivalry will never compare. I know a couple of Liverpool fans who described Everton as almost their second team. Want them to do well. 🙃

Even if that’s how Ann Budge feels, there’s plenty of us who would never allow that to happen here. Some of us remember what they tried to do to us when we were in our darkest hour and lowest place.

Not many rivalries as fierce as ours out there. How many clubs can claim their rival almost bought them over? Would never happen.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The Merseyside rivalry will never compare. I know a couple of Liverpool fans who described Everton as almost their second team. Want them to do well. 🙃

Even if that’s how Ann Budge feels, there’s plenty of us who would never allow that to happen here. Some of us remember what they tried to do to us when we were in our darkest hour and lowest place.

Not many rivalries as fierce as ours out there. How many clubs can claim their rival almost bought them over? Would never happen.

Totally agree. Was just trying to speculate what her end goal might be.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think some fans might take it the wrong way. Important she keeps the support on side as well.

What you say seems sensible though.

You can’t please everyone and football is tribal isn’t it. Its a very difficult balancing act. If for instance we were flying and she was asked about the Edinburgh clubs and said what she did there wouldn’t be any reaction from most fans. Just” lol shes taking the piss as we will be miles clear of them.” Just now first team results are piss poor so everything is exaggerated or viewed in a negative way.

If she came out and said “**** the flumps and the sisters they are baw deep in” she’d be a hero but some would complain its not how a chairperson should act. I mean id buy her a pint but still 

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, sadj said:

You can’t please everyone and football is tribal isn’t it. Its a very difficult balancing act. If for instance we were flying and she was asked about the Edinburgh clubs and said what she did there wouldn’t be any reaction from most fans. Just lol shes taking the piss as we will be miles clear of them. Just now first team results are piss poor so everything is exaggerated or viewed in a negative way.

If she came out and said “**** the flumps and the sisters they are baw deep in” she’d be a hero but some would complain its not how a chairperson should act. I mean id buy her a pint but still 

Haha, aye, all good points.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Totally agree. Was just trying to speculate what her end goal might be.

I think it’s probably something like what Sadj suggested. Is she not from a Hearts/Hibs split family? That must play a part too. For me personally, I think it’s for the benefits of a business relationship on matters of mutual benefit. Not for me though, I have friends who I care about who support Hibs, but I’d still celebrate if they went to the wall. 

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think it’s probably something like what Sadj suggested. Is she not from a Hearts/Hibs split family? That must play a part too. For me personally, I think it’s for the benefits of a business relationship on matters of mutual benefit. Not for me though, I have friends who I care about who support Hibs, but I’d still celebrate if they went to the wall. 

You are fukkkkkkkkin disowned ****o

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

You are fukkkkkkkkin disowned ****o

Hey, I’d still see their club dead if given the choice. Nobody’s perfect though. 😄