Jump to content
pointon

Budgement day 2

Recommended Posts

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Head still firmly planted in that sand then I see. 

 

This is going to get worse before it gets better. 

This.

Levein will be hoping the 2 week break that everything will be forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
loveofthegame
14 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Head still firmly planted in that sand then I see. 

 

This is going to get worse before it gets better. 

 

I fear that will be the case. 

 

The only way we move forward is with a clean break from Levein. With Budge in charge and given his ridiculously conflicting roles, I cannot see how that happens. Therefore, even if he "resigns" or is sacked as manager, he moves back upstairs and appoints one of his unproven stooges to take over from where he left off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

If Mcfluff gets the job we may as well give up.  He is as culpable for our failures as Levein.

Mcfluff the hippie ?☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dazinho88

McFluff :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
15 minutes ago, Haken said:

On a thread like this, you've got to be prepared to do a bit of wading. 

 

I find the barbs aimed in Ann Budge's direction just a bit stupid, tbh.  That's not the same as me saying she's free from any criticism, but when you have to revert to name-calling and punnery, you've probably already lost whatever argument you believed you had in the first place.

 

Ann Budge will know that she has an extremely difficult decision to make.  I'm sure she has a lot of admiration from Craig and doesn't want to have to sack him (though wouldn't that be a Board decision rather than that of an individual?), but at the same time she won't be blind and deaf to the growing feelings of the support - it's a bit of a rock and a hard place situation.

 

She's just backed him financially to sign what appears on paper to be a decent set of players.  I think she'll give him more than four league games.  However, a loss to Motherwell at home (hell, even a draw won't go down well, pardon the pun), failure to beat Hibs and going out of the League Cup at home to Aberdeen would present a 100% irretrievable situation.  I know a lot of fans are already there, but I think he will be given the chance to win the next three games.  The chances of a team that struggles to win a game at all, far less three on the bounce, seems a tad unlikely, granted.

 

Finally, if a change is to come, it needs to be a thorough change - job advertised, expectations clearly stated, etc.  Don't give the job to someone who doesn't apply for it.  

 

You’re right about some already being there. Hamilton was it !

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on how long he should get but another target of the next two or three games will not solve a bigger problem that we have.

That’s if we do ok !

If we don’t, it will a month further into the season. I think Budge has to act now. Not after the next three games. 

Edited by Boab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Mcfluff the hippie ?☺

 

Yup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

 

You’re right about some already being there. Hamilton was it !

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on how long he should get but another target of the next two or three games will not solve a bigger problem that we have.

That’s if we do ok !

If we don’t, it will a month further into the season. I think Budge has to act now. Not after the next three games. 

Correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

Yup

Keep up the good work with raising the spirits.

We need to keep our SOH.

Your musings keep everyone entertained through a dire time for the club and fans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hampden Demolition

We are approaching 48 hours since full time on Saturday and there’s not been a peep. Budge has made a career out of ruthless decisions so surely this shouldn’t be alien to her? This needs to happen now for the good of the club. The atmosphere at the Motherwell game in a few weeks will be something else if Levein is still in a job. I certainly wouldn’t want to be sitting in the directors box if this is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
1 minute ago, Hampden Demolition said:

We are approaching 48 hours since full time on Saturday and there’s not been a peep. Budge has made a career out of ruthless decisions so surely this shouldn’t be alien to her? This needs to happen now for the good of the club. The atmosphere at the Motherwell game in a few weeks will be something else if Levein is still in a job. I certainly wouldn’t want to be sitting in the directors box if this is the case.

You’d have heard her if someone had called Brian rice a fat Hibby B******.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Keep up the good work with raising the spirits.

We need to keep our SOH.

Your musings keep everyone entertained through a dire time for the club and fans.

 

 

 

If I never tried to add humour (and that is all it is at the end of the day) I'd take to the bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
5 hours ago, ramrod said:

Anybody thinking that Craig will be removed from his post or leave this week is miles of the mark . 

No chance of this happening, he will get to the quarter final as a bare minimum and if he pulls out a win there or the Derby that will buy him even more time . That's the reality I'm afraid . 

Think win or loss, weve got him till may ??🙈🙈🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hampden Demolition
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You’d have heard her if someone had called Brian rice a fat Hibby B******.

 

 

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rmreido
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

If Mcfluff gets the job we may as well give up.  He is as culpable for our failures as Levein.

100% Levein goes, McPhee, Daly & Fox go also. They are much to blame, if not more so, than Levein. 

The coaching and training isn't up to scratch, players not fit enough, can't last 90 mins, so many injuries,  it's all to do with the training set up.

There lies the problem. imo

Over to you Anne!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
Just now, rmreido said:

100% Levein goes, McPhee, Daly & Fox go also. They are much to blame, if not more so, than Levein. 

The coaching and training isn't up to scratch, players not fit enough, can't last 90 mins, so many injuries,  it's all to do with the training set up.

There lies the problem. imo

Over to you Anne!

 

 

But but but it is all just bad luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rmreido
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

But but but it is all just bad luck.

The only bad luck is, who we've got for a manager.🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

Yup

 

What happened to Yoko McPhee ? Or was it Austin Ono ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

What happened to Yoko McPhee ? Or was it Austin Ono ?

 Have we ever had an Arthur Daly ?

If not, why not ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

 

What happened to Yoko McPhee ? Or was it Austin Ono ?

 

 

Was Austin Ono but I took it back as although how pointless Yoko was she did actually inspire the genius that is John Lennon to write some amazing songs.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

 Have we ever had an Arthur Daly ?

If not, why not ?

 

I imagine the whole lot of them are hiding up in The Winchester right now until the whole thing blows over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If Mcfluff gets the job we may as well give up.  He is as culpable for our failures as Levein.

Eh? Doesn’t even make sense. It’s so cringeworthy & embarrassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hampden Demolition

I just can’t see it happening now. I would have thought if Budge was going to pull the trigger, there would’ve already been a statement released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnB

Everyone keeps talking about him moving back upstairs when in reality he never really left there. From all the reports I've read, it appears he only attends Riccarton two or three times a week and has minimal input whilst there. Quite honestly, we deserve more than that and I worry what effect this style of management is having upon the coaches who just might, if left to their own devices, act in a very different manner. It would be interesting if CL took a complete break from the club  for say 6 months. My feeling is that things would improve as his coaching team would be able to "breathe" and express themselves properly without his interference. Then again.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamle1874

It took Budge until the Tuesday to sack Cathro there is time yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Haken said:

On a thread like this, you've got to be prepared to do a bit of wading. 

 

I find the barbs aimed in Ann Budge's direction just a bit stupid, tbh.  That's not the same as me saying she's free from any criticism, but when you have to revert to name-calling and punnery, you've probably already lost whatever argument you believed you had in the first place.

 

Ann Budge will know that she has an extremely difficult decision to make.  I'm sure she has a lot of admiration from Craig and doesn't want to have to sack him (though wouldn't that be a Board decision rather than that of an individual?), but at the same time she won't be blind and deaf to the growing feelings of the support - it's a bit of a rock and a hard place situation.

 

She's just backed him financially to sign what appears on paper to be a decent set of players.  I think she'll give him more than four league games.  However, a loss to Motherwell at home (hell, even a draw won't go down well, pardon the pun), failure to beat Hibs and going out of the League Cup at home to Aberdeen would present a 100% irretrievable situation.  I know a lot of fans are already there, but I think he will be given the chance to win the next three games.  The chances of a team that struggles to win a game at all, far less three on the bounce, seems a tad unlikely, granted.

 

Finally, if a change is to come, it needs to be a thorough change - job advertised, expectations clearly stated, etc.  Don't give the job to someone who doesn't apply for it.  

 

Perfectly fair, rational post. What are you doing on here?!

 

In all seriousness: there's been a huge turn on here over the last couple of days. The reason is simple. There was a huge consensus before the Hamilton game that it was win, or else. And 'or else' happened. 

 

This sort of situation plays itself out at plenty of clubs; hardly just Hearts. But for me, the longer we leave it, the worse it's bound to get. We're way past the point of no return now. The point of no return, frankly, was the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
9 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

It took Budge until the Tuesday to sack Cathro there is time yet.

IF she us looking to move Craig on or out then I think the negotiations and press statement wording will take a bit of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haken
19 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Perfectly fair, rational post. What are you doing on here?!

 

In all seriousness: there's been a huge turn on here over the last couple of days. The reason is simple. There was a huge consensus before the Hamilton game that it was win, or else. And 'or else' happened. 

 

This sort of situation plays itself out at plenty of clubs; hardly just Hearts. But for me, the longer we leave it, the worse it's bound to get. We're way past the point of no return now. The point of no return, frankly, was the summer.

Wouldn't disagree with that.  But having not sacked him in the summer, and having let him sign another batch of players, sacking him now after 4 games might feel a bit knee-jerk (to Ann Budge, if not the majority of the support).  As I say, it's a rock and a hard place for the owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dandyman79

Personally think Ann and Craig will be having a serious talk today regarding state of play in the footballing department, which will lead to him going back up stairs and a new appointment being made by the end of this week, beginning of next leaving plenty of time to get ready for the Motherwell game. here's hoping anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

It took Budge until the Tuesday to sack Cathro there is time yet.

Maybe she is in negotiations with a new manager.just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nelly Terraces

Leven remaining as DoF will ensure no prospective manager worthy of the gig will bother applying. 

 

He needs removed from the club completely - along with his dreadful bunch of keystone cop style backroom goons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

With 2 weeks till our next game surely it would be prudent to bring someone in now so they have a little time to get to know the squad etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EH22-Jambo
8 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Personally think Ann and Craig will be having a serious talk today regarding state of play in the footballing department, which will lead to him going back up stairs and a new appointment being made by the end of this week, beginning of next leaving plenty of time to get ready for the Motherwell game. here's hoping anyway

 

Really hope so. Ideal scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybe she is in negotiations with a new manager.just now.

 

IF AB is doing that, it means the job will not be advertised (again!). 

 

That means the new guy will have to already be known to the club & to also know the club. Possibly even prepared to work under CL at DoF? 

 

Only one man fits that bill. 

 

Neil McCann. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

IF AB is doing that, it means the job will not be advertised (again!). 

 

That means the new guy will have to already be known to the club & to also know the club. Possibly even prepared to work under CL at DoF? 

 

Only one man fits that bill. 

 

Neil McCann. 

As you say he’s the only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Perfectly fair, rational post. What are you doing on here?!

 

In all seriousness: there's been a huge turn on here over the last couple of days. The reason is simple. There was a huge consensus before the Hamilton game that it was win, or else. And 'or else' happened. 

 

This sort of situation plays itself out at plenty of clubs; hardly just Hearts. But for me, the longer we leave it, the worse it's bound to get. We're way past the point of no return now. The point of no return, frankly, was the summer.

 

But how often does a club need to make a decision over someone who is the Head Coach, Director of Football AND Board Director? Those are huge gaps to be filled if he moves on and i suspect any discussions will surround the exact responsibilities of the new role (if, indeed, any such discussions are taking place).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

As you say he’s the only one.

 

I'm certainly not advocating NM - I think the job should be advertised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S Form
26 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Personally think Ann and Craig will be having a serious talk today regarding state of play in the footballing department, which will lead to him going back up stairs and a new appointment being made by the end of this week, beginning of next leaving plenty of time to get ready for the Motherwell game. here's hoping anyway

I think the serious talk will be happening, not so sure about your predicted outcome, though. The ongoing silence suggests he’s getting another chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tambo_The_Jambo

This does not look like it’s happening and it’s not good enough! He can no longer claim he’s taking us forward, his record is woefull, he has a shite mannerism and he thinks he’s untouchable! By the look of things he possibly is😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulp74

If someone like neil mccann, daly or robbie neilson gets the job, it will be as disappointing as levein still being in the role. None of those guys will move us forward and will be Levein's puppet.

 

There seemed a high quality of applicant last time (billy Davies, Paulo Sergio etc) so I'm sure we'd attract a similar calibre of applicant this time. Unless AB gets back in touch directly with one of the guys from last time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Ann Budge knows she is completely clueless at running a football club and is 100% dependent on Levein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

With 2 weeks till our next game surely it would be prudent to bring someone in now so they have a little time to get to know the squad etc.

Yes but only in a footballing sense - she doesn’t do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dandyman79
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

I'm certainly not advocating NM - I think the job should be advertised. 

I think the job should be advertised, but would also take McCann on a temporary basis to see how it works, he wanted to play attacking football at Dundee but didn't have the players to do so, here he would have a decent squad to play that style 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22

Just seen Steven Naismith training with Scotland but was only able to do ten minutes two days ago ??? Confirms our soft approach as a club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turkishcap

Naismith player manager thought I would throw it in

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
30 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Leven remaining as DoF will ensure no prospective manager worthy of the gig will bother applying. 

 

He needs removed from the club completely - along with his dreadful bunch of keystone cop style backroom goons.

 

Spot on Nelly. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Naismith player manager thought I would throw it in

 

The player parts the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

I'm certainly not advocating NM - I think the job should be advertised. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ford donald
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

IF she us looking to move Craig on or out then I think the negotiations and press statement wording will take a bit of time. 

 

In the meantime, he could be suspended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScoPo
28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ann Budge knows she is completely clueless at running a football club and is 100% dependent on Levein.

I fear this is close to the truth.  You could see the flaws in the structure from the very start of this project.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
5 minutes ago, ford donald said:

 

In the meantime, he could be suspended.

What purpose would that serve? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...