Jump to content
Clerry Jambo

Injury list - where does it end?

Recommended Posts

FruitJuice
Just now, Smithee said:

 

Come on now, the implication was blatant and received loud and clear by everyone.

Rightly or wrongly he was asked for evidence of his 'expert's ' opinion and he gave that.  What he was implying is a different issue.  I'm not saying that the club are to blame for the injuries we have.  Why would the club want players out injured long term?  Even medical people make unintentional errors if that is the case.  I'm not sure it is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Rightly or wrongly he was asked for evidence of his 'expert's ' opinion and he gave that.  What he was implying is a different issue.  I'm not saying that the club are to blame for the injuries we have.  Why would the club want players out injured long term?  Even medical people make unintentional errors if that is the case.  I'm not sure it is.  

 

PfK's problem is that he's hanging his hat on the opinion of a guy with a degree on the subject but zero first hand knowledge of the situation. Looking back I see he said he has a relative working in analysis for the club, but obviously he won't know the fine details of individual players' medical situations.

 

We all hate the injury situation but the idea that a guy employed by Edinburgh City can see hidden truths from afar that the club and university's sports scientists can't is laughable to be quite honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

How do Kilmarnock players ever get back from injury?

Fair point, maybe they’re used to it but they probably don’t risk injured players for 90 minutes in a nothing match that they’re winning 5 nil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, J80MBO said:

If players are suffering non contact injuries a lot it’s likely to be poor diet and lack of sleep.

 

What a load of nonsense haha quote of the year so far. Fantastic stuff hahaha

And your area of expertise is? Take five minutes to look at the players social media posts and the diet part will become obvious. You think Nando’s is healthy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

First thing I thought when Berra caught his studs in the grass at Tynecastle, and when Walker took a skelp was ‘that’ll be from eating too many Wheat Crunchies and Wispas’.

Wow two injuries out of the 85 we’ve suffered in the last two years 👍🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Mine is my faith in Hearts medical team who are on the spot and not guessing/assuming from a distance.

Read today's EEN and see how much care is being taken with Naisy.

Hahahaha after risking him in the county game when he was nowhere near fit? Naismith himself said he rushed back last season and shouldn’t have. Is that taking care of him, he had to take himself out of the team because he wasn’t right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

 

"Expert"  :rofl: 

 

I'm sure this Edinburgh City reserve coach knows far better than our own coaching team right enough.

 

He knows better than you anyway. What’s your excuse for the injuries to every single outfield player that’s stepped on the field for us in the last two years? Bad luck 🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

Are you Daniel or Robert?

My nephew Robert isn’t on here, Daniel is my great nephew and isn’t on here either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sadj said:

 

If he is a qualified sports scientist he needs to go back and learn how diet works as if our sports scientists are to blame on diet it would be pretty obvious considering how sports science works and the amount of info we record in regards to players. The lack of sleep thing is pretty much ****ing bollox though. 

 

 

 

Diet can have an effect but its due to such things as eating poor foods and putting the acidity of the body too high which causes inflammation which can cause the body to then be at risk of joint injuries. But its basically along the lines of the players stuffing their faces with such things as IoS mentioned below a lot (ie as their entire source of nutrition) the following article it will explain a bit about blood ph

 

https://www.healthline.com/health/ph-of-blood#causes-of-abnormalities

 

 

 

You played football so you have a certain knowledge.

Did you pay thousands of your own money to go through all these courses at Largs? Have you coached kids, teenagers and adults?

As for the sports scientist at the club they can’t be held responsible for what players eat in their own time. If you have time on Saturday after the game have a look at Scotmid on Gorgie Road,where the young players not involved with the first team pile in and buy absolute shite before going up to their cars that are parked up the top of Stewart Avenue. Or have a look at their social media, the Nando’s craze lives on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tokyowalnut
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

And your area of expertise is? Take five minutes to look at the players social media posts and the diet part will become obvious. You think Nando’s is healthy?

What is 'unhealthy' about Nandos?

 

Diet is not the reason players are injured. To suggest that is preposterous

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
euan 10

Do you think these players are really injured or do u think they faking so the don’t have to play under that idiot levein 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
Just now, tokyowalnut said:

What is 'unhealthy' about Nandos?

 

Diet is not the reason players are injured. To suggest that is preposterous

 

Maybe the oil it’s fried in, the chips etc? Diet is a huge part of the energy levels of anyone, not least “professional” athletes.Harry Kane for example has his own chef to look after his diet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe the oil it’s fried in, the chips etc? Diet is a huge part of the energy levels of anyone, not least “professional” athletes.Harry Kane for example has his own chef to look after his diet.

 

I'm pretty sure Hearts' sport scientists and nutritionists will be doing their jobs properly and advising the guys how to train and fuel. I can't imagine your relative saying anything new that won't be getting taught at Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You played football so you have a certain knowledge.

Did you pay thousands of your own money to go through all these courses at Largs? Have you coached kids, teenagers and adults?

As for the sports scientist at the club they can’t be held responsible for what players eat in their own time. If you have time on Saturday after the game have a look at Scotmid on Gorgie Road,where the young players not involved with the first team pile in and buy absolute shite before going up to their cars that are parked up the top of Stewart Avenue. Or have a look at their social media, the Nando’s craze lives on.

 

I’m mid training and client at moment so apologies if i missed anything skimming your reply , whilst I agree to an extent , the very basics of sports scientists , weightloss programmes , pting is someone to be accountable too after you impart knowledge on them. I was speaking to a friend last night who has lost 9 stone on Cambridge but has been struggling badly this year and it comes down to no-one for her to be accountable too. There is no doubt there is a malaise in the youths thats noticeable everywhere but if they want to make it they will follow what they are told or go home. Its their job and career thats at risk. Look at cochrane’s alleged issues and his inability to move forward. But that is the youths. Their bodies also react differently. Nando’s can be bad but can be ok aswell. There is a core group of Aberdeen players (first team) who live in Nando’s but they will be selective with what they eat there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

You said it was down to the "warm ups and warm downs" a couple of weeks ago.

that comes under training

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
21 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

I'm pretty sure Hearts' sport scientists and nutritionists will be doing their jobs properly and advising the guys how to train and fuel. I can't imagine your relative saying anything new that won't be getting taught at Hearts.

maybe they need to have their lunches at Hearts every day provided by nutritionists and dinners to take away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

I had a bit of passing banter with a West Ham fan the other week on the old Twatter hashtag thingy me bobber forum.

 

He was telling me West Ham have horrendous injury problems, falling like flies. Didn't mention any Chicken chains though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

maybe they need to have their lunches at Hearts every day provided by nutritionists and dinners to take away

 

Maybe. Or we could even consider assigning them all a sponsor/carer to follow them around and make sure they stick to their plans? If that doesn't work then I fear the only direction left would be to stick an ankle tag on them, or microchip them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

I'm pretty sure Hearts' sport scientists and nutritionists will be doing their jobs properly and advising the guys how to train and fuel. I can't imagine your relative saying anything new that won't be getting taught at Hearts.

I didn’t say they aren’t, whether the players actually listen to them and eat properly away from the club is a different thing. As I said a quick look at social media would show otherwise. Here’s one example from Doyle.

84E41E67-5FC8-4258-BE20-7F18C1FFADFB.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He knows better than you anyway. What’s your excuse for the injuries to every single outfield player that’s stepped on the field for us in the last two years? Bad luck 🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

 

Probably voodoo or some form of witchcraft I'd imagine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say they aren’t, whether the players actually listen to them and eat properly away from the club is a different thing. As I said a quick look at social media would show otherwise. Here’s one example from Doyle.

84E41E67-5FC8-4258-BE20-7F18C1FFADFB.jpeg

very poor from Doyle

 

He should actually be fined

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41

Let’s take Steven Naismith as an example, when after Hearts found out he was not fit for the first Scotland squad against Russia he should of been recalled to Riccarton immediately and diagnosed by our medical staff. Naismith probably wanted to stay on but due to his injury problems last season and this season the club should of put their foot down for the good of our club and the player. Our club has far too many players getting injured and it’s been going on for far too long now something is wrong at Riccarton, it must be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, sadj said:

 

I’m mid training and client at moment so apologies if i missed anything skimming your reply , whilst I agree to an extent , the very basics of sports scientists , weightloss programmes , pting is someone to be accountable too after you impart knowledge on them. I was speaking to a friend last night who has lost 9 stone on Cambridge but has been struggling badly this year and it comes down to no-one for her to be accountable too. There is no doubt there is a malaise in the youths thats noticeable everywhere but if they want to make it they will follow what they are told or go home. Its their job and career thats at risk. Look at cochrane’s alleged issues and his inability to move forward. But that is the youths. Their bodies also react differently. Nando’s can be bad but can be ok aswell. There is a core group of Aberdeen players (first team) who live in Nando’s but they will be selective with what they eat there. 

I don’t go there so I couldn’t tell you what healthy options they have, youngsters especially need to have it hammered into them what to eat etc. It’s part of why we have had good experienced pros to show the way on and off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

very poor from Doyle

 

He should actually be fined

I’m not saying he was going to fire through all of that in one go, he may well have eaten it over a few weeks but it’s not a particularly clever thing to advertise on Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Let’s take Steven Naismith as an example, when after Hearts found out he was not fit for the first Scotland squad against Russia he should of been recalled to Riccarton immediately and diagnosed by our medical staff. Naismith probably wanted to stay on but due to his injury problems last season and this season the club should of put their foot down for the good of our club and the player. Our club has far too many players getting injured and it’s been going on for far too long now something is wrong at Riccarton, it must be.

I could be wrong mate but I think they were based at Riccarton, he did train there and felt the injury again and hasn’t trained since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not saying he was going to fire through all of that in one go, he may well have eaten it over a few weeks but it’s not a particularly clever thing to advertise on Twitter.

It will explain why he dives in instalments and also why he’s absolutely hopeless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Probably voodoo or some form of witchcraft I'd imagine.

 

Worth a try to lift the curse, Pirates  of the Caribbean style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

It will explain why he dives in instalments and also why he’s absolutely hopeless.

Here’s hoping we stop Motherwell shooting on Saturday, and that’s it’s cloudy 🙈.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not saying he was going to fire through all of that in one go, he may well have eaten it over a few weeks but it’s not a particularly clever thing to advertise on Twitter.

yeh exactly - clearly no brains!

 

if he was sensible he wouldn't be posting this on social media and that's why he should be fined.

 

Maybe they need social media training too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

maybe they need to have their lunches at Hearts every day provided by nutritionists and dinners to take away

I think they have lunch at the club and then work on stuff in the afternoon, not sure what that is though because it doesn’t seem to translate to the pitch on match days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I could be wrong mate but I think they were based at Riccarton, he did train there and felt the injury again and hasn’t trained since.

I think your right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

yeh exactly - clearly no brains!

 

if he was sensible he wouldn't be posting this on social media and that's why he should be fined.

 

Maybe they need social media training too

I think they all could, maybe some diet tips too whilst they’re in the treatment room, at least that way they will all get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
23 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

very poor from Doyle

 

He should actually be fined

Jesus **** you are clueless.

 

You should see some of the meals I ate at a peak fitness and at that point i could run 20km play football for 120mins and leg press 650kg and that was in my late 30s. 

 

If you need evidence of this certain posters can easily back me up and @RS86 i’m sure will be able to tell you some of the stuff he ate at times.

 

Vince McMahon - Owner of WWE when in an amazing physical shape and wrestling in his 50s would have a cheat day where he would eat packets upon packets of biscuits during the day. One of my mates is an IBFF pro and what she eats at times is mental. Iv seen her on a rest day demolish two large dominos pizzas and then go to an ice cream chain and have crepes filled with things like nutella , ice cream , flakes etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t go there so I couldn’t tell you what healthy options they have, youngsters especially need to have it hammered into them what to eat etc. It’s part of why we have had good experienced pros to show the way on and off the field.

 

That my friend is spot on. I won’t argue with that at all. Its not necessarily just healthy options though. Basically if it fits your macros it can be ok. The sports scientists will have everything down to the mg for them. Remember when jaffa cakes were used heavily post game. There is reasons behind things. Fitness is a science. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Jesus **** you are clueless.

 

You should see some of the meals I ate at a peak fitness and at that point i could run 20km play football for 120mins and leg press 650kg and that was in my late 30s. 

 

If you need evidence of this certain posters can easily back me up and @RS86 i’m sure will be able to tell you some of the stuff he ate at times.

 

Vince McMahon - Owner of WWE when in an amazing physical shape and wrestling in his 50s would have a cheat day where he would eat packets upon packets of biscuits during the day. One of my mates is an IBFF pro and what she eats at times is mental. Iv seen her on a rest day demolish two large dominos pizzas and then go to an ice cream chain and have crepes filled with things like nutella , ice cream , flakes etc. 

Surely it’s different for every sport depending on how much you burn off, cyclists take on something like 7500 calories during a stage. Just noticed the back packs under their numbers where they keep energy sachets and they get stuff from the cars too.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
Just now, sadj said:

 

That my friend is spot on. I won’t argue with that at all. Its not necessarily just healthy options though. Basically if it fits your macros it can be ok. The sports scientists will have everything down to the mg for them. Remember when jaffa cakes were used heavily post game. There is reasons behind things. Fitness is a science. 

Exactly, I think pizza is taken after matches to replace what is lost. Nor my are ma of expertise hence I like to ask people who know about these things to run through it for me. It’s down to the players though. Can’t imagine Ronaldo has ever had a Nandos though 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely it’s different for every sport depending on how much you burn off, cyclists take on something like 7500 calories during a stage.

 

Of course but to say Doyle should be fined for eating a bit of crap is ludicrous thats all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

 

Of course but to say Doyle should be fined for eating a bit of crap is ludicrous thats all. 

Maybe not for eating it, over a bit of time but it’s unwise to put it on social media. He’s not a youngster. I’ve winced a few times at some things players put up, usually in a video post so it doesn’t hang around on their profile. 

Whats you take at this point on the injuries we have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe not for eating it, over a bit of time but it’s unwise to put it on social media. He’s not a youngster. I’ve winced a few times at some things players put up, usually in a video post so it doesn’t hang around on their profile. 

Whats you take at this point on the injuries we have?

 

Its very hard to have a proper opinion on them. Im not convinced in our medical team though. Make of that what you will. When you are intensely fit you pick up loads of knocks and niggles but even at that it shouldn’t cause issues like we are seeing. Maybe sports science needs to dial it back again as the number of injuries people at all clubs seem to get is either much much higher than years gone by (iv never seen a comparison of injury types , lengths etc v workload and fitness from say the last 30years) and a balance needs struck or we just hear about it more with the scrutiny there is now or the onset of social media and instant gratification. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Prof

Arguments about what players eat are irrelevant. What is important is that a number of our players seem incapable of going onto a pitch without injuring themselves. Tynecastle is starting to resemble a home for the  chronically injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
30 minutes ago, sadj said:

Jesus **** you are clueless.

 

You should see some of the meals I ate at a peak fitness and at that point i could run 20km play football for 120mins and leg press 650kg and that was in my late 30s. 

 

If you need evidence of this certain posters can easily back me up and @RS86 i’m sure will be able to tell you some of the stuff he ate at times.

 

Vince McMahon - Owner of WWE when in an amazing physical shape and wrestling in his 50s would have a cheat day where he would eat packets upon packets of biscuits during the day. One of my mates is an IBFF pro and what she eats at times is mental. Iv seen her on a rest day demolish two large dominos pizzas and then go to an ice cream chain and have crepes filled with things like nutella , ice cream , flakes etc. 

So , I think , you are suggesting that eating crap has no effect on an athlete's performance ?

Surely not . That would be clueless .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

 

Its very hard to have a proper opinion on them. Im not convinced in our medical team though. Make of that what you will. When you are intensely fit you pick up loads of knocks and niggles but even at that it shouldn’t cause issues like we are seeing. Maybe sports science needs to dial it back again as the number of injuries people at all clubs seem to get is either much much higher than years gone by (iv never seen a comparison of injury types , lengths etc v workload and fitness from say the last 30years) and a balance needs struck or we just hear about it more with the scrutiny there is now or the onset of social media and instant gratification. 

Good post, an insight that might persuade a few others because of your knowledge and experience of this. We’ve been discussing this for over 18 months and still it goes on unfortunately. If we want to move forward on the pitch something will need to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

So , I think , you are suggesting that eating crap has no effect on an athlete's performance ?

Surely not . That would be clueless .

 

Looking at your posts you aren’t a roaster at it so i’ll answer with out any silliness.

 

No i’m not saying that at all. However to say someone should be fined for eating a bit of crap now and again is ludicrous. There is actually benefits to doing that if done right. If you read the full convo between PfK and myself rather than one isolated post to a poster posting a ludicrous position on something it will become apparent thats not what I am saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
Just now, sadj said:

 

Looking at your posts you aren’t a roaster at it so i’ll answer with out any silliness.

 

No i’m not saying that at all. However to say someone should be fined for eating a bit of crap now and again is ludicrous. There is actually benefits to doing that if done right. If you read the full convo between PfK and myself rather than one isolated post to a poster posting a ludicrous position on something it will become apparent thats not what I am saying. 

Think , when you read your own post , you'll realise it comes over really badly .

What I commented on was relative to what you posted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post, an insight that might persuade a few others because of your knowledge and experience of this. We’ve been discussing this for over 18 months and still it goes on unfortunately. If we want to move forward on the pitch something will need to change.

 

I have no doubts it will continue to be discussed for a lot lot longer aswell its not just a Hearts thing. 👍🏻  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Think , when you read your own post , you'll realise it comes over really badly .

What I commented on was relative to what you posted 

 

I’ll disagree with ya but then its easy to read what you want isn’t it and my grammar is horrendous as many point out on here. 👍🏻

 

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

 

Bit sensationalist that article 🙈🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

 

I have no doubts it will continue to be discussed for a lot lot longer aswell its not just a Hearts thing. 👍🏻  

Of course but on average around 75% of your squad will miss games due to injury, not 100% over two seasons now. People still use terms like a settled team, first 11, when everyone is fit etc but I think football has moved on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tokyowalnut
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe the oil it’s fried in, the chips etc? Diet is a huge part of the energy levels of anyone, not least “professional” athletes.Harry Kane for example has his own chef to look after his diet.

Do you know what they are eating in nandos? There are good and not so good options, you could live a pretty healthy life eating in nandos everyday, it's the choice that is being made though; chips or rice etc! A sociable trip there isn't going to have any effect on the players. I understand fully the importance of nutrition, it's a major part of my profession (that I have spent considerable amounts of money on, like your friend). 

 

I'm up in Oriam quite often through the week, the players have a separate area in the canteen with their own chefs, I see what is laid out and it is of a high quality. 

 

But, outside of Oriam, it's player discipline, but I suppose that's why a lot of them play for us and not a higher level.

 

You said Ronaldo probably hasnt had Nandos, he does have a Herbalife sponsorship, so clearly he knows nothing 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
20 minutes ago, sadj said:

 

Looking at your posts you aren’t a roaster at it so i’ll answer with out any silliness.

 

No i’m not saying that at all. However to say someone should be fined for eating a bit of crap now and again is ludicrous. There is actually benefits to doing that if done right. If you read the full convo between PfK and myself rather than one isolated post to a poster posting a ludicrous position on something it will become apparent thats not what I am saying. 

should be fined for posting it on social media

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...