Leann Dempster Away? (rumours)

wanderer

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

If that's true then agreed. She'll pitch up somewhere in football though.

Yep. I think she will probably bounce around a few different jobs tbh. I think that’s the best thing for career too. I could be wrong, but it looks to me like she diverted money from other areas of the club to the Motherwell first team, and that’s where the short lived success came from, before she left. That’s Zoom and Motherwell that went in to admin with her at the helm, or shortly after she bolted. Also the rest of Hibs’ non-first team operations seem to have stalled somewhat since she’s been there. She feels a bit ‘boom and bust’ to me. Gets the first team juiced up and delivers comparative short term success, then bolts before the scrimping elsewhere starts to cause problems. Could be wrong, just how it feels with her previous positions, to me... in saying all that, that’s probably part of the job description at Sevco just now. Hang everything else, just stop ten in a row! 🧐

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Coburg Hearts

• Morgan

• RobNox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven’t really read that much about Ron the Con. Has he done much media interviews or anything where he has stated his intentions with Hibs?

Footballfirst

I think we will see exec changes at Hearts once FOH acquires the majority shareholding.

Even Ann Budge admits that it is not good governance that the majority shareholder, the chairman and CEO are all the same person. While Ann recently indicated that she would stay on for another couple of years, I think that may be as Chairman rather than CEO. She will probably want to appoint someone she trusts as CEO, which could be someone already at the club, or an associate from outside. Demptster would certainly meet the requirements for an outsider.

Wouldn't be that huge a surprise if she did end up here.

Ann currently carries out the role of Chair Woman and CEO.  The CEO role is more demanding on a day to day basis, and Ann isn't getting any younger.  If she was thinking of cutting down her involvement, then appointing a new CEO would be a logical step.  She could remain as Chair, still have an overseeing role, but less demanding of her time.

The only thing is that with FOH due to assume control in c. 8 months time, she might feel it inappropriate to make that sort of appointment at this time.  I have always had a feeling that once the handover to FOH takes place, she may decide to stand down as CEO while remaining as Chair if we wish her to do so.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yep. I think she will probably bounce around a few different jobs tbh. I think that’s the best thing for career too. I could be wrong, but it looks to me like she diverted money from other areas of the club to the Motherwell first team, and that’s where the short lived success came from, before she left. That’s Zoom and Motherwell that went in to admin with her at the helm, or shortly after she bolted. Also the rest of Hibs’ non-first team operations seem to have stalled somewhat since she’s been there. She feels a bit ‘boom and bust’ to me. Gets the first team juiced up and delivers comparative short term success, then bolts before the scrimping elsewhere starts to cause problems. Could be wrong, just how it feels with her previous positions, to me... in saying all that, that’s probably part of the job description at Sevco just now. Hang everything else, just stop ten in a row! 🧐

Motherwell were in admin years before she worked there. 

13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

If there's anything worse than a monotone voice, it's Lanarkshire.  :evilno:

FTFY

10 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Hoi! I've goat wan. It isn't extreme or monotone though ;)

Haha!  Probably the reason I dislike a monotonous Lanarkshire accent is that for years I worked beside a lassie from Lanarkshire who had the most monotonous voice, was loud as well to make matters worse.

I'm not sure what a Lanarkshire accent with a hint of Swindon might sound like though, assuming you might have picked up a bit of a Wiltshire twang!  My only real reference for a Swindon accent is Andy Partridge out of XTC :lol:

7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Motherwell were in admin years before she worked there. 

Did say I could be wrong. :lol: 

Shanks said no

Gordon the Moron was in the directors lounge on Saturday. Only titbits I received were that he seemed a nice man and didn't drink. That and he was in deep conversation with others in a corner and Dempster was there, was all I gleamed. Will see if I can get more info tomorrow. 

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think we will see exec changes at Hearts once FOH acquires the majority shareholding.

Even Ann Budge admits that it is not good governance that the majority shareholder, the chairman and CEO are all the same person. While Ann recently indicated that she would stay on for another couple of years, I think that may be as Chairman rather than CEO. She will probably want to appoint someone she trusts as CEO, which could be someone already at the club, or an associate from outside. Demptster would certainly meet the requirements for an outsider.

Ha ha, you must have been posting that just I was writing similar, beat me to the punch though.  Great minds and all that!

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Haha!  Probably the reason I dislike a monotonous Lanarkshire accent is that for years I worked beside a lassie from Lanarkshire who had the most monotonous voice, was loud as well to make matters worse.

I'm not sure what a Lanarkshire accent with a hint of Swindon might sound like though, assuming you might have picked up a bit of a Wiltshire twang!  My only real reference for a Swindon accent is Andy Partridge out of XTC :lol:

I've been in the area since 1981 (aged 14) and haven't the faintest trace of a Wiltshire accent :D. I'm not even good at imitating it! I believe Andy Partridge still lives in the town. My accent's definitely Lanarkshire but not full on and never was. If you want to hear turbocharged full on Lanarkshire, just go there and listen to female shop assistants talking to one another :D

4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I've been in the area since 1981 (aged 14) and haven't the faintest trace of a Wiltshire accent :D. I'm not even good at imitating it! I believe Andy Partridge still lives in the town. My accent's definitely Lanarkshire but not full on and never was. If you want to hear turbocharged full on Lanarkshire, just go there and listen to female shop assistants talking to one another :D

Or listen to our referees.

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

That for one. Also the way she tried to make out their con-job of a scheme as somehow better than ours. Also the barely literate, idiotic, travel lodge statement and the times we issued joint statements and Hibs tried to be clever by being in no way as unequivocal in condeming the misdeeds of their support than we are.

I wouldn't throw in her free/discounted ticket scheme which has artificially inflated their support (clearly evidenced in the turnover barely rising) as it might turn out to be good business if they manage to turn enough of the freeloaders happy to con their own club into full-paying season tickets, but it all adds to a feeling that I wouldn't be comfortable with her being involved with us.  

What's the travel lodge connection.....................anyone....?

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

Americanized is americanised.

Fair point.

Maybe it should be called the ‘Hyper Bole’?

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

What's the travel lodge connection.....................anyone....?

Oh, you missed a classic!  Shortly into her tenure at Hibs, after some disastrous result (early in the Championship season that we went on to skoosh) she issued a statement apparently written from a Travel Lodge where she was staying temporarily, and it certainly read as if she'd enjoyed a fair bit of room service!

I might be wrong, but I seem to recall she had taken refuge at the hotel as she was getting abusive messages from vermin supporters at home.

You really need to see the statement to appreciate the full comedy value.  Hopefully someone on here may have a link to it.

SwindonJambo
16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Or listen to our referees.

Yep :(

It's a huge flaw that referees in Scotland aren't required to declare their club allegiance as they are here.

3 hours ago, wigwam123 said:

Rumours on .net that Dempster is about to be replaced. All is not well there.

She had to hand back Rod’s old suits when he left....

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

She had to hand back Rod’s old suits when he left....

Pity she’s still got the mouser, like.

The HSL scheme whilst being pushed by Farmer was poorly run.

The Lennon "not sacking" was a ****ing joke and she was in charge of it.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This is just wrong. Motherwell entered admin in 2002, they got out of it in 2004. Leanne Dempster didn't start at Motherwell until 2008/09. 

It's quite interesting listening to Tam Cowan on OTB's assessment a couple weeks back. They were having a discussion on the back of Tierney leaving for Arsenal about players which left them as fans feeling gutted - Cowan never went for a player and said that losing Leanne Dempster was the biggest loss for Motherwell. 

From the sound of things, Hibs fans have also been very impressed with her tenure and also have undoubtedly been on the up since her appointment. You might have an intense dislike for her and perhaps some valid criticisms, but lets not the maroon tinted specs completely blind us. 

Edited by Toggie88

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

She is a Rangers fan and has been to Europe following them in the past, but not going there at moment.

Go there spill them beans

11 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

This is just wrong. Motherwell entered admin in 2002, they got out of it in 2004. Leanne Dempster didn't start at Motherwell until 2008/09

Yeah, turns out I was wrong. FH has already corrected me on that one. 👍

12 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

She is a Rangers fan and has been to Europe following them in the past, but not going there at moment.

Likes a song :whistling:

3 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think we could do a lot worse than bring her in.  I don't think we will, though.  I think she'll end up in national admin somewhere.

Without a doubt would make an excellent chief executive at us and I believe also gets on well with Ann budge 

51 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Regarding the Lennon sacking I think she was undermined by rod petrie

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

You are joking? Yes?

Nope, sexual health and protection is not a laughing matter. 

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, turns out I was wrong. FH has already corrected me on that one. 👍

Ah, sorry mate - missed that. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope, sexual health and protection is not a laughing matter. 

Absolutely, but in this case complete abstinence would be the way forward. 

9 hours ago, Glottis said:

Not to mention the training facilities need millions of pounds worth of upgrade, the catering is a disgrace, they have no shirt sponsor, beep beep on their shorts and the best of all they can’t get into Easter Road on match day as the ticket scanning machines have never worked... the place is a joke and some would like her at Hearts? No thanks she can stay where she is!!

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, Rudy T said:

Not to mention the training facilities need millions of pounds worth of upgrade, the catering is a disgrace, they have no shirt sponsor, beep beep on their shorts and the best of all they can’t get into Easter Road on match day as the ticket scanning machines have never worked... the place is a joke and some would like her at Hearts? No thanks she can stay where she is!!

And no loyalty points system meaning folk who actually go to games still have to queue up for tickets and take their chances. Although whilst heckys at the wheel that's unlikely to be much of an issue.