Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Coburg Hearts

• Morgan

• RobNox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before

There was a good interview she done with Eadie Stark a few months back. Quite interesting really. She talks about her background, supporting Der Hun, working in advertising, getting the job at MotherwellI then Hibs, a bit about her personal life,its well worth listening to and probably still kicking about online somewhere.

132goals1958
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

There was a good interview she done with Eadie Stark a few months back. Quite interesting really. She talks about her background, supporting Der Hun, working in advertising, getting the job at MotherwellI then Hibs, a bit about her personal life,its well worth listening to and probably still kicking about online somewhere.

She started off as an undertaker with all the associated tasks and said she enjoyed it. Not many of us on here could do that job.

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, Locky said:

Kieran Power, or whatever his name is, is calling it bullshit.

Silence from her and the club though.

Deafening.

She certainly made Hibs more competitive. Would I take her at Hearts though? Honestly, don't know. Maybe? She's clearly competent at what she does and can pick a manager. She also defended the hibs fans pretty vigorously during her tenure. 

If Budge wanted to become less involved I wouldn't be against it. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

She certainly made Hibs more competitive. Would I take her at Hearts though? Honestly, don't know. Maybe? She's clearly competent at what she does and can pick a manager. She also defended the hibs fans pretty vigorously during her tenure. 

If she's that good someone is really going to have to explain how, despite their attendances supposedly matching or even shading ours, they make bugger all in comparison to the club that is actually run by someone with superb business instincts.

And don't give me that defending the hibs fans pish. You forget so quickly what the hibs fans were indulging in. She was deliberately underhand in her less than unequivocal condemnation of their behaviour. We weren't.

There's Hearts class and there's hibs class.

One club attracts benefactors so impressed by the running of the club we can have a charitable sponsorship, the other can't even get a 2-bit internet gambling sponsor. 

Business acumen or class - I'll stick with Budge if it's all the same.  

54 minutes ago, OTT said:

Heckingbottom?? 

Also, she didn't protect the fans that handed over their cash to HSL. 

13 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Emergency meeting at Fester Road right now I’m hearing!

Half of them will turn up disguised as seats in the boardroom.

20 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Emergency meeting at Fester Road right now I’m hearing!

Obviously anxious about the Shorts Beep Beep logo.

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, OTT said:

She's clearly competent at what she does and can pick a manager.

Think her record of picking managers is overhyped. Stubbs failed to get promoted in 2 attempts. Lennon only managed to get Hibs a couple of points more in the Championship than Stubbs and left when they were 8th in the League. Heckingbottom looks like a disaster in waiting.

Noted Stubbs and Lennon had some highs but overall they weren’t particularly good.

Dempster at Hearts would not be a good appointment in my opinion. Her role in HSL while also being on the board during their takeover is shady at best and I'd be wanting her away for that reason alone. She definitely does not have the fans in mind.

Even aside from that, Hibs failed to gather a shirt sponsor this season, and they've done feck all competitively (with the exception of the SC win which is what bought them any time at all), including struggling to get out of the Championship.

How good has she really been for Hibs? Not very I would say.

17 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Not to mention the training facilities need millions of pounds worth of upgrade, the catering is a disgrace, they have no shirt sponsor, beep beep on their shorts and the best of all they can’t get into Easter Road on match day as the ticket scanning machines have never worked... the place is a joke and some would like her at Hearts? No thanks she can stay where she is!!

Not all bad then!

56 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

Dempster at Hearts would not be a good appointment in my opinion. Her role in HSL while also being on the board during their takeover is shady at best and I'd be wanting her away for that reason alone. She definitely does not have the fans in mind.

Even aside from that, Hibs failed to gather a shirt sponsor this season, and they've done feck all competitively (with the exception of the SC win which is what bought them any time at all), including struggling to get out of the Championship.

How good has she really been for Hibs? Not very I would say.

She's been good only on the basis that she is a lot less shite than the tache was.  

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

She's been good only on the basis that she is a lot less shite than the tache was.  

The tache was not exactly a hard act to follow. 

5 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The tache was not exactly a hard act to follow. 

Dunno, his sleight of hand is pretty impressive. Managed to trick a lot of Hibs supporters for well over a decade. Mr Smoke and Mirrors.

better_call_saul
13 hours ago, Locky said:

Kieran Power, or whatever his name is, is calling it bullshit.

He’s just a fans rep. The equivalent of your mate down the pub with a club tie on. 

Can’t imagine he would be fully ITK. 

Coburg Hearts
9 hours ago, better_call_saul said:

He’s just a fans rep. The equivalent of your mate down the pub with a club tie on. 

Can’t imagine he would be fully ITK. 

Here’s the  latest teaser from their fans rep (Power), for the flumps on

hibs.net. Anyone guess what the changes might be for this season, next season, and the season after, and what ones may be dependent on the budget? The suspense is killing me. haha 

Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys 

I agree with parts of this. All we get just now is KP (good on him btw) coming on telling us how good it will be soon however we have yet to get to the stage of seeing any change. 

Lately we have been told that:
The “matchday experience” will improve significantly. It hasn’t. In fact, it is worse than ever. 
The catering will be changed and improved massively. I get commercial sensitivity comes with these things however it’s another “coming soon”. 
We have heard that there is a lot of change happening, some achievable, some aspirational. What is it? When will we hear? When will it start?

Everything at the moment seems to be ‘jam tomorrow’.

Power

That’s fair. I’ve asked if some communication can be given - will fire an update out the morn.

Details on the timeline for vision and everything else (matchday experience is only one aspect) should be later this year - when it can communicated with concrete details of what can be done.

We might see some changes this season, definitely more next and others a couple of seasons away budget depending (difficult juggling the budget for everything when the football department is number one).

6 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Here’s the  latest teaser from their fans rep (Power), for the flumps on

hibs.net. Anyone guess what the changes might be for this season, next season, and the season after, and what ones may be dependent on the budget? The suspense is killing me. haha 

I agree with parts of this. All we get just now is KP (good on him btw) coming on telling us how good it will be soon however we have yet to get to the stage of seeing any change. 

Lately we have been told that:
The “matchday experience” will improve significantly. It hasn’t. In fact, it is worse than ever. 
The catering will be changed and improved massively. I get commercial sensitivity comes with these things however it’s another “coming soon”. 
We have heard that there is a lot of change happening, some achievable, some aspirational. What is it? When will we hear? When will it start?

Power

That’s fair. I’ve asked if some communication can be given - will fire an update out the morn.

Details on the timeline for vision and everything else (matchday experience is only one aspect) should be later this year - when it can communicated with concrete details of what can be done.

We might see some changes this season, definitely more next and others a couple of seasons away budget depending (difficult juggling the budget for everything when the football department is number one).

Jesus christ that communication is as vague as @Icon of Symmetrys mind is empty with thoughts other than making love to Skinny

Gilberts Fridge
29 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

To be fair Tesco won't be built in a day but when it is I'm sure they'll sell lots of Jam

31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Jesus christ that communication is as vague as @Icon of Symmetrys mind is empty with thoughts other than making love to Skinny

It’s vague because Ron is going to hit them with an unpopular target for what he wants to do with the club. Waiting until he’s got all his ducks in a row before stirring up the seethe. My guess is that he wants them to turn HSL in to a funding vehicle, and that it will be used to pay for upgrades to East Mains. I think he will put the money in up front for the project, but he wants them to pony up to pay him back, probably with interest. I think that’s why he took out floating charges on everything they own. He’ll blackmail them in to paying him back. 🐴⬆️

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Coburg Hearts
16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s vague because Ron is going to hit them with an unpopular target for what he wants to do with the club. Waiting until he’s got all his ducks in a row before stirring up the seethe. My guess is that he wants them to turn HSL in to a funding vehicle, and that it will be used to pay for upgrades to East Mains. I think he will put the money in up front for the project, but he wants them to pony up to pay him back, probably with interest. I think that’s why he took out floating charges on everything they own. He’ll blackmail them in to paying him back. 🐴⬆️

If Gordon tries that with HSL, and I think he might, their donors will melt away faster than snow off a dyke.

Coburg Hearts
35 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

To be fair Tesco won't be built in a day but when it is I'm sure they'll sell lots of Jam

What price Asda, given there is a Tesco at the foot of Easter Road? Asda price seems right. 😉

Edited by Coburg Hearts

8 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

If Gordon tries that with HSL, and I think he might, their donors will melt away faster than snow off a dyke.

In a Leeann Dempster thread?  :vrface:

Coburg Hearts
Just now, Morgan said:

In a Leeann Dempster thread?  :vrface:

That was completely unintentional, before anyone accuses me of being homophobic. haha Well spotted.

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

That was completely unintentional, before anyone accuses me of being homophobic. haha Well spotted.

And mine was just a joke, before anyone accuses me of being homophobic.

:thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

9 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

What price Asda, given there is a Tesco at the foot of Easter Road? Asda price seems right. 😉

Given the demographic around Lochend, I'd suggest a retail park featuring Lidl, Farmfoods, Poundland, Cash Convertors and a couple of charity shops.

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I thought you were just referencing the recreational drug enjoying part of the lesbian community. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

I thought you were just referencing the recreational drug enjoying part of the lesbian community. 

:rofl:

Oh but I was...

50 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don't want to fantasise over ways big ole ron could **** them, but he's certainly no Vlad (pre financial crash I mean). Starting to think he's in it to make cash, which is interesting, considering Scottish football has no money and we all know this... 

Paying off Heckingbottom could be costly too.

Coburg Hearts
20 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Given the demographic around Lochend, I'd suggest a retail park featuring Lidl, Farmfoods, Poundland, Cash Convertors and a couple of charity shops.

Add in Morrison's and we could call it the Famous Five retail Park. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
48 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Well,  there is a zero tolerance policy  :)

Coburg Hearts
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Well,  there is a zero tolerance policy  :)

It was a phrase that John Fairgrieve used after Forfar knocked us out the Scottish cup, and there was zero tolerance that day as well. haha

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It was a phrase that John Fairgrieve used after Forfar knocked us out the Scottish cup, and there was zero tolerance that day as well. haha

Great Jambo John and my most cherished book 

Coburg Hearts
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He really was. Another book I lent out and never got back. :oldsad:

Coburg Hearts
19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So shes no away then???

If Ron wants his own man in, which I think he will, she will be.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

The Boys in Maroon? The cover photo of that is always guaranteed to bring a tear to the eye.

13 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

If Ron wants his own man in, which I think he will, she will be.

There will be the matter of the payoff and the non disclosure agreement to consider before she leaves. I don’t doubt though that Ron will want is own overseer in place to supervise his intention for the place. They should be afraid -   Very afraid. Karma. Lol.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Boys in Maroon? The cover photo of that is always guaranteed to bring a tear to the eye.

Aye that's the one