It amazes me...

RS86

9 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Then your point is ****ing shit. They have such a strong squad, they can afford to leave £12m strikers on the bench. They are not weak.

Sorry. Forgive me. I should’ve made it clearer. Your clearly someone who has no knowledge of sport, never mind football. The team is the thingy that starts against the other thingy. The squad is the whole thingy. The people (fans) who were at the game yesterday were quite positive about our thingy giving their thingy a decent game. I forgot your football knowledge 😂 is based on Sportscene. 

Wee question. Is there a special pub or club where people like you meet up before the odd game you attend ? I’ve  honestly never heard anyone talk about football the way you and some of your pals do on here. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Deevers

• Away up in Gorgie

• Hercules

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Deevers said:

Certainly not the worst. However there is a mindset with us when we go to Parkhead. It’s been there for years now.  Now I know that there is a gulf in  the money spent, but we should expect us to be able to pull of a result from time to time. We have good players, but there seems to be a complete lack of belief when we play through there.

Correct. It is a horrendous record and doesn’t tell the whole story of some of the abject displays there. 

I would say it is as demoralising to capitulate time after time as it is to have a go and get stuffed. This latest result shouldn’t be looked at in isolation.

It really wasn't that bad the result scoreline says Celtic walked it in reality they were better than us at being lucky B's. We are playing a covering game trying to get through games with key players out. Yes it's repetitive but its true. 

Living where I do it's only a handful of games I get to see but can I ask for the Accies game that the fans try to be the 12th man cos we really need that right now. Forget issues with Craig just try to give the guys a lift yes even if it's not going too well.

12 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And the 500 fans who shelled out 33 quid for a ticket to watch that absolute dross get torn apart by a team who never really got out of second gear today. Those fans deserved better from the team and that clown of a manager. 

It could have been a real hammering with them 3 up and half an hour to go. 

Celtic took their foot off the gas thankfully. 

We go there with fear and they know it, it has been like that for years on end. 

No doubt our manager will think the 3 - 1 defeat is acceptable. He is even now blaming 2 own goals for the defeat. 

We were shite yesterday and went out on the park knowing we were going to get beat. 

Leveins record for us in Glasgow is woeful to say the least. 

4 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

But it happened!

Not sure a freak season where a million factors fell into place for a team should now be what we expect because it happened once. 

11 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Can you start saying “some fans” instead of this laughable assumption that you are somehow speaking for the whole support, when you do your whingeing? Cheers. 👍

Another member of the Levein Defence League who has just proved how out of touch they are.

13 hours ago, RS86 said:

How reactionary this board can be. There was an air of positivity following the Motherwell game and even into this morning people were more positive/optimistic. Then we visit Parkhead and within 90 mins we are back to where we were prior to the Motherwell game?

Who realistically expected to go to Parkhead in our current state and take points from a team who've walked through everyone they have faced in the league so far?

Given how vulnerable Celtic were pre-match  I honestly expected better. It didn't help our captain failed to communicate with Joel resulting in at least one of Celtic's goals. I would have expected a little more especially after the performance following the Motherwell game. 

39 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

But it happened!

Still not comparable though. Leicester although not mega rich still have plenty money because of the money floating around in the English prem. 

In our situation, we're unlikely to be able to spend anything like £500,000 on a single player whereas Celtic regularly buy players for millions. 

You're point is a perfect example of folk on here picking out points to fit a narrative yet missing out parts somewhat conveniently.

12 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

It’s the same for any visiting team. Only probably Rangers will have a real go as it’s a derby and they are so unpredictable.

A team three games into the season ‘having a go’ could result in a 6/7 nil tanning and have long lasting implications.  Levein will get the bullet if he doesn’t pick up points during our favourable next lot of fixtures and derby game. He will know he’s had many chances. 

The point on this thread is more about or meltdown fans. Even after the Motherwell game boys were talking us up about pushing on knowing fine we’ll we would lose today. 

The same last last season with the good start. Plenty of folk joked about winning the league but many of those jokers genuinely believed it. We’ve just got a lot of stupid football fans who could do with a little bit of actual football knowledge. Not watching sky sports or playing football manager. 

Yeh, I get your point. It's not the Gung Ho, thing that I'm looking for from our team when they go through there. It's just a little bit of self belief. Sunday was far from a bad performance despite what some would have us believe. The first two goals against us were as a direct result of  individual errors. If we had held them until half time I have no doubt the crowd there would have started to get on their own players backs.  Things will get better for us. We have the makings of a good side.  I would love to see us go through there and work it right up Celtic. A bit of self belief and it might just happen one day. 

29 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Another member of the Levein Defence League who has just proved how out of touch they are.

So if I'm "another member of the "Levein Defence League", then there must be a few of us for you to have noticed. That makes your second point meaningless.

Typical shot in the arm for a Celtic side rattled by results and performances in Europe and Dumfy last weekend.

Must have been rubbing their hand when they saw our inept ****ers lumbering up to parkhead.

I predict eff all will change no corners will be turned its Cathro mark 2 more time and money wasted.

3 hours ago, Hercules said:

Is there a special pub or club where people like you meet up before the odd game you attend ?

Yes, it's an exclusive club though. It's called 'Reality'. There's a strict 'No Man-babies' entry code however, so I doubt you'd fit in. :)

1 hour ago, glynnlondon said:

Typical shot in the arm for a Celtic side rattled by results and performances in Europe and Dumfy last weekend.

Must have been rubbing their hand when they saw our inept ****ers lumbering up to parkhead.

I predict eff all will change no corners will be turned its Cathro mark 2 more time and money wasted.

Turn up with the brown shorts on again. 

That club must ******* love playing us. 

15 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Mince.........relatively speaking in English terms Leicester were so much poorer than e.g. Man U/ Man C etc, but no doubt you will have a perfect example to prove you right!

I would agree that in relative terms, there is a big gulf between them however Leicester can still spend upwards of 30 million on a player so they're still going to buy good players. 

Last season man city earned 151 million. Leicester earned 123 million. I would argue that 28 million isn't much between teams that spend as much as that. Obviously there's the money from mega rich owners to contend with as well. 

Was it not reported somewhere that due to the tv money, the fan income doesn't even matter to prem clubs. They could play to empty stadiums and there would be no financial impact. 

There is a much bigger gulf in the standard of players available to Hearts in comparison to Celtic, than there is with Leicester in comparison to Manchester City. Once you get to a certain level of quality, the differences come down to individual moments or magic and most importantly mentality.

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Hump Hamilton and everything will be rosey again

Simples

The irony is you can almost certainly refer back to this comment after the Hamilton game and browse the other threads and it'll seem to be the case. If we win comfortably players will rightfully be praised but the complete turnaround 90 mins can bring can be funny. If we lose however...

Guest ToqueJambo

This is a weird season. Only Rangers fans seem happy with their manager from last year's top 6 teams. I still want to see Levein with a full strength team. Hibs and Aberdeen have some injury worries but still nowhere near ours.

At least this season we have Washington, Halkett, Damour and Whelan to provide cover and compete for places so injuries cannot be used as an excuse long-term. Normally players like Whelan and Damour would be given time to gel and settle in, but it's clear some fans just see this season as a continuation of last and don't have the patience. 

Walker and Naismith are still big losses though, and hopefully Meshino can provide some of that missing attacking flair. It's also worrying how many soft goals we're conceding even with an almost first choice defence. That along with an inability to take chances is costing us. Levein's selections can be frustrating. We could have used Uche or McLean with Washington and at least given Celtic more to worry about.

I get nostalgic for the days when we played 4-3-3 with Crabbe, Robbo, Colquhoun up front. While Walker and Naismith are out I'd love us to try Uche, Washington and Mulraney in front of Damour, Irving and Whelan.

20 hours ago, RS86 said:

How reactionary this board can be. There was an air of positivity following the Motherwell game and even into this morning people were more positive/optimistic. Then we visit Parkhead and within 90 mins we are back to where we were prior to the Motherwell game?

Who realistically expected to go to Parkhead in our current state and take points from a team who've walked through everyone they have faced in the league so far?

Had we taken a point or won today people would be gushing with praise, yet we get beat in a game we were likely to lose and the doom and gloom sets in. Really?

I'll leave my thoughts on Levein out, things are shit but improving and I don't see that this result should be a benchmark. We all want to challenge Celtic and be able to go to there and take points, but there can't have been many going into today who expected anything less than what we got.

I'd also hazard a guess that alcohol has influenced much of the posting today/tonight as seems to be the norm at the weekends :lol: But I guess my point here is we have been shite, we saw signs vs Motherwell that is changing so lets put this result behind us and see what actually happens in the next few weeks...

Improving? I admire your optimism and wish I could share it, but ... Look at the last ten games: not a W to be seen.

LWWDLDLWLLLDLLLLDL

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Improving? I admire your optimism and wish I could share it, but ... Look at the last ten games: not a W to be seen.

LWWDLDLWLLLDLLLLDL

while it's a 12 team league, 9 of the last 10 games have been against teams that finished in the top 5 last season.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 hours ago, RS86 said:

Had we taken a point or won today people would be gushing with praise, yet we get beat in a game we were likely to lose and the doom and gloom sets in. Really?

I'll leave my thoughts on Levein out, things are shit but improving and I don't see that this result should be a benchmark. We all want to challenge Celtic and be able to go to there and take points, but there can't have been many going into today who expected anything less than what we got.

I'd also hazard a guess that alcohol has influenced much of the posting today/tonight as seems to be the norm at the weekends :lol: But I guess my point here is we have been shite, we saw signs vs Motherwell that is changing so lets put this result behind us and see what actually happens in the next few weeks...

No one was positive after the Motherwell game and once again, people like you are using the ‘we never win at Celtic’ line to deflect from two years of utter shite under levein.

27 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

while it's a 12 team league, 9 of the last 10 games have been against teams that finished in the top 5 last season.

The 10 games before that were not much better.

37 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

No excuses for that shocking record I am afraid. 

It's actually embarrassing tbh. 

WheatfieldWarrior
32 minutes ago, jake said:

The 10 games before that were not much better.

4 Wins in the 10 before. 40% win ratio over that period. Fairly average form tbh.

7 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

4 Wins in the 10 before. 40% win ratio over that period. Fairly average form tbh.

It was brutal stuff to watch regardless .The ten games before the 20 shown .

Which include the 5-0 defeat at Livingston doesnt stand up either.

This isn't just a dip .

There is no way anyone can defend that form .

17 minutes ago, jake said:

It was brutal stuff to watch regardless .The ten games before the 20 shown .

Which include the 5-0 defeat at Livingston doesnt stand up either.

This isn't just a dip .

There is no way anyone can defend that form .

That's correct.  This isn't just a dip in form.

There has been a steady, relentless decline in our on-field performance for 2-3 years, and I see no reason to believe that a turnaround in that form is imminent.

18 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I agree with the OP but disappointed that the BBC report described our performance as abject.  We're all sick of that.  We must do better every week despite the never ending injuries.

Well **** the BBC and their old firm cheer leaders like Pat Bonner. Frankly we should stop paying the license fee even if a single penny of it ends up in that ****ers pocket. 

We might not have been great but Celtic at home with all their riches should be tonking the rest of us 10 zip, but you'll never hear any pragmatic summarising of games except when they are bleating about how outspent their darlings are in Europe (which is often a far less unfavourable ratio than what they benefit from in the league). Even Rogers couldn't for a second admit the gap in league terms whilst complaining about it in Europe.

I'd say **** them all but I've actually ran out of ****s to give.