It amazes me...

RS86

How reactionary this board can be. There was an air of positivity following the Motherwell game and even into this morning people were more positive/optimistic. Then we visit Parkhead and within 90 mins we are back to where we were prior to the Motherwell game?

Who realistically expected to go to Parkhead in our current state and take points from a team who've walked through everyone they have faced in the league so far?

Had we taken a point or won today people would be gushing with praise, yet we get beat in a game we were likely to lose and the doom and gloom sets in. Really?

I'll leave my thoughts on Levein out, things are shit but improving and I don't see that this result should be a benchmark. We all want to challenge Celtic and be able to go to there and take points, but there can't have been many going into today who expected anything less than what we got.

I'd also hazard a guess that alcohol has influenced much of the posting today/tonight as seems to be the norm at the weekends :lol: But I guess my point here is we have been shite, we saw signs vs Motherwell that is changing so lets put this result behind us and see what actually happens in the next few weeks...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Deevers

• Away up in Gorgie

• Hercules

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people are just content turning up, and making up the numbers I guess. Losing and drawing games week in week out does make you set the bar very low indeed. 

Some people are just content turning up, and making up the numbers I guess. Losing and drawing games week in week out does make you set the bar very low indeed. 

So good I said it twice. 

Edited by innerjambo

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Well I’m amazed you’re amazed.

It amazes me that anyone would post anything immediately after an OF game.  Oh! I just did.

I’d agree with the OP. Motherwell away was first sign of green shoots for quite some time. Celtic away was the worst possible game to have as our next one. Defeat to an all conquering and somewhat smarting Celtic will no doubt bring out the pitchforks but hopefully doesn’t derail what had looked like something beginning to come together, the week before

Remember there are loads of Hobos in disguise on here.  Expect some silly replies as they are really hurting after yesterday!

Even a team that is in winning form and goes on to win the league (I know that's not us!) will stumble at the home of the arse cheeks once or twice a season.

I'm not going to get excited about today, but we do really need to turn this around now.  Smith (probably one of our best performers) was missed badly when he went off injured (0-0).  We really could do with some better luck on the injury front.  That's what killed us last year too!

Come on the JT's.  The next 4 games are a gift!

Nothing amazes me on here. 

I suspect there are a few or actually a lot of Hibees that infiltrate the threads with nonsense! Today was a write off as far as I was concerned. The downer for me was Smith's injury, I bet some blame Levein for it to.

We have a good squad and we will be competitive. Too many youngsters don't have a concept of what a really bad Hearts team is and think they are playing Championship Manager. 

A little bit of momentum and Naismith back then we will be up there, just need have a bit of patience. Which is really hard for a lot of our support!

Silvery_Moon

Today in the grand scheme of things was irrelevant. Craig Levein was never going to take us to Celtic Park and win so it was all about not losing by too many. The consolation goal wasn't without significance as it lifted us off the bottom of the league. 

This has to be where we draw the line in the sand though. We have been utter crap for ages and the only way has to be up. The next 5 games will shape our season no question. 

However, anything less than 3 points next Saturday will only multiply the demand for change. 

Some people want us to lose, so they can slaughter Levein, some half wits even slaughter Ann Budge. Now they are either sad sacks who want to be right or they simply don’t support Hearts. 

Now before any wee flowers get upset, you’re entitled to your opinion on the manager, I have mine but to actually revel in a Hearts defeat well you’ll know what category you feel into!

7 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

I’d agree with the OP. Motherwell away was first sign of green shoots for quite some time. Celtic away was the worst possible game to have as our next one. Defeat to an all conquering and somewhat smarting Celtic will no doubt bring out the pitchforks but hopefully doesn’t derail what had looked like something beginning to come together, the week before

Exactly. We have been terrible this season and as you say the Motherwell game was the first indication of things clicking. Surely any Hearts supporter would want that to continue and away to Celtic was never going to be an ideal fixture to help build any momentum. But automatically it seems to have triggered the usual negativity, picking at players and finger pointing.

Not just conceding that we should go to Parkhead and expect to lose every time either, we should absolutely be looking to go there and take the game to them, but unfortunately we aren't there just now.

The performance is what has many people angry, it wasn’t miles off acceptable, again. No one expects Hearts to go to Celtic Park and win but I sure as hell expect my team to have a go and have a bit of fight. Our goal glossed over a walk in the park for Celtic. I’ve all ready said but will say again, Levein will be judged on the next two home games, fail to win either and he’ll be gone. His assessment of today’s game is also a major worry. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The performance is what has many people angry, it wasn’t miles off acceptable, again. No one expects Hearts to go to Celtic Park and win but I sure as hell expect my team to have a go and have a bit of fight. Our goal glossed over a walk in the park for Celtic. I’ve all ready said but will say again, Levein will be judged on the next two home games, fail to win either and he’ll be gone. His assessment of today’s game is also a major worry. 

And the 500 fans who shelled out 33 quid for a ticket to watch that absolute dross get torn apart by a team who never really got out of second gear today. Those fans deserved better from the team and that clown of a manager. 

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And the 500 fans who shelled out 33 quid for a ticket to watch that absolute dross get torn apart by a team who never really got out of second gear today. Those fans deserved better from the team and that clown of a manager. 

No arguments from me mate. I’d actually prefer if Levein to asked the fans not to bother travelling to glasgow as he clearly just rights these games off as nothing games. At least have a go. 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Maybe just me, but I expect Hearts sides to try and gets result no matter where they are playing.

Am in your camp. 

If anything should amaze anyone, it should be that our head coach is still in a job. His record now is so terribly bad that it is beyond any rational defence. 

Maybe just me, but I expect Hearts sides to try and gets result no matter where they are playing.

They were trying to lose. U just have to accept, any time we play either OF and they turn up then we have slim to no chance of a result.

24 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Why do shoots have to be green?! 😳

32 minutes ago, RS86 said:

How reactionary this board can be. There was an air of positivity following the Motherwell game and even into this morning people were more positive/optimistic. Then we visit Parkhead and within 90 mins we are back to where we were prior to the Motherwell game?

Who realistically expected to go to Parkhead in our current state and take points from a team who've walked through everyone they have faced in the league so far?

Had we taken a point or won today people would be gushing with praise, yet we get beat in a game we were likely to lose and the doom and gloom sets in. Really?

I'll leave my thoughts on Levein out, things are shit but improving and I don't see that this result should be a benchmark. We all want to challenge Celtic and be able to go to there and take points, but there can't have been many going into today who expected anything less than what we got.

I'd also hazard a guess that alcohol has influenced much of the posting today/tonight as seems to be the norm at the weekends :lol: But I guess my point here is we have been shite, we saw signs vs Motherwell that is changing so lets put this result behind us and see what actually happens in the next few weeks...

Agree with much of this. You’ll be shouted down though.

5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

0E891F0F-BEFD-435F-ABDB-BCAA0355D271.thumb.jpeg.c39a0d0fb7a4ff1e01241bb4fc517d44.jpeg

1,500 Dunfermline fans went to Celtic Park.

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

0E891F0F-BEFD-435F-ABDB-BCAA0355D271.thumb.jpeg.c39a0d0fb7a4ff1e01241bb4fc517d44.jpeg

1,500 Dunfermline fans went to Celtic Park.

And fair play to them at least they put up a fight and gave the scum a game. 

Edited by Italian Lambretta

We played ok in long spells of the game today against the best team in the league by a country mile. That's not to be mentioned though. 

If we don't win we're Shite, if we do win it's allegedly what we deserve. 

It shows real ignorance criticising the style of play and the effort that's put in by the players. 

Football is a game to be enjoyed whether it's kids playing, pissheids booting the ball around on a Sunday, I often wander over to my local playing fields where there's 4 or 5 games going on and I thoroughly enjoy it.

To be privileged enough to watch Hearts as often as I can is the highlight of my week and I seriously only work to subsidise it. 

Our supporters on here are like children. Wee spoilt children.

Be amazed by what the children post on here?? Why, its the same drivel day after day.

8 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

They were trying to lose. U just have to accept, any time we play either OF and they turn up then we have slim to no chance of a result.

If you accept that then what’s the point. I don’t, I never have and never will.  

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

We played ok in long spells of the game today against the best team in the league by a country mile. That's not to be mentioned though. 

It shows real ignorance criticising the style of play and the effort that's put in by the players. 

Football is a game to be enjoyed whether it's kids playing, pissheids booting the ball around on a Sunday, I often wander over to my local playing fields where there's 4 or 5 games going on and I thoroughly enjoy it.

To be privileged enough to watch Hearts as often as I can is the highlight of my week and I seriously only work to subsidise it. 

Be amazed by what the children post on here?? Why, its the same drivel day after day.

Thanks Craig keep up the good work Ann Budge loves you

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

Im guessing its the same drivel day after day because people are watching the same drivel week after week and are sick of it. I donno just a guess could be well off the mark.

36 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Agree that we need to be winning a lot more games. Today was no surprise, 3 league wins in 24 years at Parkhead so not a new phenomenon. And not just the current regimes failure. Really strange record at Parkhead. 

That was a pretty strong Celtic team today and that wasn’t our 1st choice 11.  We will be better with Naismith, Walker and Souttar available, and Smith.

A full strength team in a cup game away from Celtic Park...the game will be much tighter.

I think we are getting better, a good win against Hamilton is on the cards.

It amazes me that Sean Clare starts every week.

Motherwell was a really good team performance, but we must win against Hamilton on Saturday and go on a run. Our league form in 2019 has been a disgrace and must change ASAP.

WheatfieldWarrior
5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And fair play to them at least they put up a fight and gave the scum a game. 

Dunfermline went there and parked the bus.

dunfermline.PNG.f19cf89e2d595cdce060b1718b12c854.PNG

49 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I think for me it’s not that I was expecting to take anything from today’s game. The fact we didn’t let in 4/5 goals I am amazed but for me it’s the nature of the performances. 

I don’t get how we go to Glasgow and factually shit the bed every time. Don’t get me wrong the team we have is very good on paper but why can’t that team go and attack them. We all know they aren’t that good but we seem to set up to worry about them rather than focus on our strengths. 

But for recent memory we are scared when we go there. It’s go and contain rather than see what they are about. 

I would rather go and attack them and lose compared to stifle until 1-0 down then go and lose 3-1 whilst sitting in still. 

Something has to change. The cup run gave him a reprieve but now he has to go! 

13 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Whole lot of truth in this. I expect you will get called lots of childish names and the positivity dragged screaming from you for not toeing the party line... negativity is the only thing that will be tolerated.

Sexton Hardcastle

A Majority of our fans now are idiots who sit and watch Man City on MOTD and demand we score 5 goals every game. They have no sense or realism in our expectations. Bum players up one minute and write them off just a quick. 

4 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Dunfermline went there and parked the bus.

dunfermline.PNG.f19cf89e2d595cdce060b1718b12c854.PNG

I am amazed that those stats don't show that Dunfermline went there and had a right good go at them. Amazed!

It’s really not about the score line ... if we had fought hard and played with passion I for one would not have been particularly bothered ...... but we were awful and had nothing , absolutely nothing going forward or any passion for that game today ..... a poor performance will have people moaning and they deserve a moan at that display today ........ 

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

A Majority of our fans now are idiots who sit and watch Man City on MOTD and demand we score 5 goals every game. They have no sense or realism in our expectations. Bum players up one minute and write them off just a quick. 

Nonsense. What most desire is a performance from the team, not a meek capitulation every time we rock up at Parkhead.  

It amazes me that anyone expected anything from a game at Parkhead. I mean really ?

I personally would like to seee a new manager but understand he is here for at least the first quarter in all likelihood.

todays game really is a game that should not determine his fate. The likes of the home games coming up v Hamilton and Motherwell will do that. Sink or Swim time. No doubting that

CloustonHMFC

Nonsense. What most desire is a performance from the team, not a meek capitulation every time we rock up at Parkhead.  

Sorry but today was anything but a capitulation. We matched them for long spells of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Some good posts on here tonight, in amongst all the chunder. This is one of them.

Sexton Hardcastle
Just now, Deevers said:

Why did Neilson get heckled out again? 

And today wasn’t the worst of performances through there considering the gulf in money spent this summer and given there’s new players getting starts for us.

6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

A good number of our fans are dickheads. 

A good number of people are dickheads and football has a disproportionate share.

Not touched a drop today. 

That Celtic team was a weak one. Probably one you would have picked to play against given the choice. Another insipid and clueless performance from us. But hey, not Leveins or his useless assistants fault eh ??

10 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

When our CEO says the Head Coach is doing a “great job”, it’s not too much to expect that to be reflected on the pitch, no? 

That is his “job”, after all. 

We are always on the cusp of something. Somebody is always due a hammering. 

It will click into place next week. 

Judge CL after the next 1/2/3/10 games. 

Wait til Naismith is for. 

There’s always tomorrow. But tomorrow never comes. 

Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Why did Neilson get heckled out again? 

And today wasn’t the worst of performances through there considering the gulf in money spent this summer and given there’s new players getting starts for us.

Certainly not the worst. However there is a mindset with us when we go to Parkhead. It’s been there for years now.  Now I know that there is a gulf in  the money spent, but we should expect us to be able to pull of a result from time to time. We have good players, but there seems to be a complete lack of belief when we play through there.

So reactionary, imagine not basing your opinion on a single cup tie against Motherwell?!

Edited by Taffin

Gorgie Boys are in town.
35 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said: