It amazes me...

RS86

Sexton Hardcastle
Just now, Deevers said:

Certainly not the worst. However there is a mindset with us when we go to Parkhead. It’s been there for years now.  Now I know that there is a gulf in  the money spent, but we should expect us to be able to pull of a result from time to time. We have good players, but there seems to be a complete lack of belief when we play through there.

It’s the same for any visiting team. Only probably Rangers will have a real go as it’s a derby and they are so unpredictable.

A team three games into the season ‘having a go’ could result in a 6/7 nil tanning and have long lasting implications.  Levein will get the bullet if he doesn’t pick up points during our favourable next lot of fixtures and derby game. He will know he’s had many chances. 

The point on this thread is more about or meltdown fans. Even after the Motherwell game boys were talking us up about pushing on knowing fine we’ll we would lose today. 

The same last last season with the good start. Plenty of folk joked about winning the league but many of those jokers genuinely believed it. We’ve just got a lot of stupid football fans who could do with a little bit of actual football knowledge. Not watching sky sports or playing football manager. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Deevers

• Away up in Gorgie

• Hercules

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good OP. 

I love the 'have a go' chat. What does that even mean? We are playing a team that spent 10 million on 2 players in the summer! I'm not sure our spending over the past 10 years is even that much. If we 'have a go', I assuming that means flood everyone forward, and get spanked by 6 or 7 goals  then the manager gets ripped for being naive. We have a shameful record through there, but that hasn't just started in the past 3 years!

indianajones

Certainly not knee jerk from myself. 

If we had won the Scottish last season, I still wanted Levein out. 

He's utter useless to us. This entire year is evidence. 

1 hour ago, RS86 said:

How reactionary this board can be. There was an air of positivity following the Motherwell game and even into this morning people were more positive/optimistic. Then we visit Parkhead and within 90 mins we are back to where we were prior to the Motherwell game?

Who realistically expected to go to Parkhead in our current state and take points from a team who've walked through everyone they have faced in the league so far?

Had we taken a point or won today people would be gushing with praise, yet we get beat in a game we were likely to lose and the doom and gloom sets in. Really?

I'll leave my thoughts on Levein out, things are shit but improving and I don't see that this result should be a benchmark. We all want to challenge Celtic and be able to go to there and take points, but there can't have been many going into today who expected anything less than what we got.

I'd also hazard a guess that alcohol has influenced much of the posting today/tonight as seems to be the norm at the weekends :lol: But I guess my point here is we have been shite, we saw signs vs Motherwell that is changing so lets put this result behind us and see what actually happens in the next few weeks...

You really have a low regard to the posters who want Levein out.

14 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Not touched a drop today. 

That Celtic team was a weak one. Probably one you would have picked to play against given the choice. Another insipid and clueless performance from us. But hey, not Leveins or his useless assistants fault eh ??

Yeah, their £7m centrehalf and £12m striker on the bench totally scream weakness.

Think that some of the extreme reactions are borne out of frustration, we have been so poor for such a long time, it's rightly getting to people (putting results aside, there has not even been any really exciting games for an alarming amount of time). People pay their money and they are entitled to their opinion. Levein in or out, the issue has become so divisive and gruelling now. His position has become untenable and even his most loyal supporters must appreciate this. 

25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

When our CEO says the Head Coach is doing a “great job”, it’s not too much to expect that to be reflected on the pitch, no? 

That is his “job”, after all. 

We are always on the cusp of something. Somebody is always due a hammering. 

It will click into place next week. 

Judge CL after the next 1/2/3/10 games. 

Wait til Naismith is for. 

There’s always tomorrow. But tomorrow never comes. 

You've been watching too much MOTD, simmer down.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, their £7m centrehalf and £12m striker on the bench totally scream weakness.

The £12m striker on the bench was actually my point Einstein. 

Horatio Caine

If I recall correctly, Kilmarnock went to Darkheid last season, when they were flying with Clarke.  The talk at the time was whether they could actually win the league.  They lost 5-0.  Somehow managed to recover, but that one result was looked at in context.  We should do the same.

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

If I recall correctly, Kilmarnock went to Darkheid last season, when they were flying with Clarke.  The talk at the time was whether they could actually win the league.  They lost 5-0.  Somehow managed to recover, but that one result was looked at in context.  We should do the same.

So, what about the garbage we’ve endured for months now ? Can you put that into context ?

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

We should but there's not many victories that we can point to to cheer ourselves up again. We've been dire for a long, long time.

I didn't expect anything today, our record against the Old Firm in Glasgow is appalling. However, other managers seem to get the occasional result there but we never get near. What was really annoying is that once again we shot ourselves in the foot, the amount of soft goals we concede is a worry. 

Motherwell was a promising performance but what we need is a set up that consistently beats lesser teams starting on Saturday. That's the next step and we need to see evidence of it against maybe the worst team in the league. 

Many fans will keep criticising the team and manager due to the results and performances this calendar year, that is in many ways fair enough. To hear Levein suggest that he was under pressure due solely to our start to the season and reference other teams who have made a slow start is disingenuous. I would rather he just kept quiet until we win a few games and climb the league. 

Every game we play just now seems to be a pressure game and we need a win and a peformance against Hamilton. 2 home league wins in 2019 means nothing can be taken for granted and we can't talk about a recovery until we string a few good results together. 

7 minutes ago, Hercules said:

The £12m striker on the bench was actually my point Einstein. 

Then your point is ****ing shit. They have such a strong squad, they can afford to leave £12m strikers on the bench. They are not weak.

We lost to a Celtic team / squad today worth 10 times ours.

we're pish?

our next game is against a team where we're worth 10 times more than them. We'll most likely win fine. And not be pish.

Einstein could be our manager and we'd not manage a win in Glasgow. Money talks. Look at the EPL and the teams with the most money are top.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

We lost to a Celtic team / squad today worth 10 times ours.

we're pish?

our next game is against a team where we're worth 10 times more than them. We'll most likely win fine. And not be pish.

Einstein could be our manager and we'd not manage a win in Glasgow. Money talks. Look at the EPL and the teams with the most money are top.

Exactly this. 

20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You really have a low regard to the posters who want Levein out.

I personally feel like a change is needed and I think the next lot of games should be a time to judge things and assess where we go next. But my post was an observation of the reaction and swinging pendulum of emotions on the forum, not a Levein in or Levein out focused post.

We were totally outclassed today, but i'm of the opnion we dust ourselves off and move onto next week with the victory being our key goal. We simply aren't ready yet and aren't good enough to take points in this fixture yet and as history will demonstrate that's been the case for some time.

We should be looking to establish our position as best of the rest, continue to grow through our infrastructure and then we can be a bit more realistic about taking points in the tougher fixtures IMO

Horatio Caine
16 minutes ago, Hercules said:

So, what about the garbage we’ve endured for months now ? Can you put that into context ?

Not really, except that unless you happen to get Celtic on a really off day,  on their own patch, you're liable to be gubbed.  And that can apply to any team.  So, as the OP says, we put it behind us and we move on.

Edited by Horatio Caine

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And the 500 fans who shelled out 33 quid for a ticket to watch that absolute dross get torn apart by a team who never really got out of second gear today. Those fans deserved better from the team and that clown of a manager. 

How could you see todays game like that? 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

The performance is what has many people angry, it wasn’t miles off acceptable, again. No one expects Hearts to go to Celtic Park and win but I sure as hell expect my team to have a go and have a bit of fight. Our goal glossed over a walk in the park for Celtic. I’ve all ready said but will say again, Levein will be judged on the next two home games, fail to win either and he’ll be gone. His assessment of today’s game is also a major worry. 

Dont think hel be gone , no matter what results occur, think we all know now his bond with budge is far too unnaturally strong !!! Any other manager would have been booted out of any other club by now with the form hes had,looks like weve got him all season...

7E0184A1-0985-4B7D-9BAA-1CB098902B42.jpeg

Are people actually saying we were useless , inspid , awful today against a weak celtic team? 

Was two teams playing at ordinary levels today but there were positives today to add to Motherwell (i saw someone say earlier Celtic played at 30% today as its all they needed) 

This place is off its tits

57 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Some good posts on here tonight, in amongst all the chunder. This is one of them.

What total “chunder”?? 🤔

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What total “chunder”?? 🤔

Why are you trolling?

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

This place is off its tits

Yep. Facebook is even worse, believe it or not... some fans are even wishing injury on Sean Clare. 🙃

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yep. Facebook is even worse, believe it or not... some fans are even wishing injury on Sean Clare. 🙃

Aye Damour was getting it tight too. Iv only seen the second goal once but the ott reaction on here implied he’d pretty much picked the ball up and handed it to McGregor then waved him forward to step up and hit a pinger. 

Away up in Gorgie

The simple reality is that the Hearts support will remain completely divided until such time as there is a complete overhaul of the football management. The hierarchy of the club have nobody but themselves to blame for that situation and neither the regular anticipated pumping against Celtic this week or a home win against Hamilton next is going to change that. The have allowed things to fester to such a degree that there won’t be a time where this resolves itself to everyone’s satisfaction. 

8 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

The simple reality is that the Hearts support will remain completely divided until such time as there is a complete overhaul of the football management. The hierarchy of the club have nobody but themselves to blame for that situation and neither the regular anticipated pumping against Celtic this week or a home win against Hamilton next is going to change that. The have allowed things to fester to such a degree that there won’t be a time where this resolves itself to everyone’s satisfaction. 

I won’t be satisfied if we sack Levein, and neither will those on that side of the divide, so your proposed solution is worthless.

The problem is a decent 40 minutes against Motherwell had the looneys coming out declaring football brilliance, that will be the same mob losing their shit today. 

This team needs a major shake up with a new ideas, as has been the case all year, today was an insignificance on the grand scheme. 

Away up in Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I won’t be satisfied if we sack Levein, and neither will those on that side of the divide, so your proposed solution is worthless.

I didn’t voice a “solution”. My entire point was that they have divided the support and because of that there is no way to make everyone happy! They don’t seem to care which says a lot about the contempt with which they’ve treated the fans! 

32 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I personally feel like a change is needed and I think the next lot of games should be a time to judge things and assess where we go next. But my post was an observation of the reaction and swinging pendulum of emotions on the forum, not a Levein in or Levein out focused post.

We were totally outclassed today, but i'm of the opnion we dust ourselves off and move onto next week with the victory being our key goal. We simply aren't ready yet and aren't good enough to take points in this fixture yet and as history will demonstrate that's been the case for some time.

We should be looking to establish our position as best of the rest, continue to grow through our infrastructure and then we can be a bit more realistic about taking points in the tougher fixtures IMO

When you have heard this many many times it becomes boring.

The same old wait and give Levein time but when the fans know he is not up to the job he is finished

The odd win here and there won't change the fans minds as they have seen enough of this manager who stated he never wanted the job as manager.

Just now, Away up in Gorgie said:

I didn’t voice a “solution”. My entire point was that they have divided the support and because of that there is no way to make everyone happy! They don’t seem to care which says a lot about the contempt with which they’ve treated the fans! 

The support have always been divided. We are the most divided support in the country when it comes to managers and on-field matters. Have been for the best part of 15-20 years. You’ll never ever get a unanimous opinion on the Hearts manager. 

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

When you have heard this many many times it becomes boring.

The same old wait and give Levein time but when the fans know he is not up to the job he is finished

The odd win here and there won't change the fans minds as they have seen enough of this manager who stated he never wanted the job as manager.

Can you start saying “some fans” instead of this laughable assumption that you are somehow speaking for the whole support, when you do your whingeing? Cheers. 👍

Away up in Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The support have always been divided. We are the most divided support in the country when it comes to managers and on-field matters. Have been for the best part of 15-20 years. You’ll never ever get a unanimous opinion on the Hearts manager. 

Thats just hyperbole I’m afraid. We were at our most united point in many years after the promotion season and on the back of the huge success FoH was/is. They’ve taken away that feel good factor due to sheer incompetence and the decision to appoint and stick with Levein despite horrific results and performances. That’s what has divided the support and will eventually lead to his demise. It’s just a shame that the fans are split and suffering for so long waiting for the inevitable to happen! 

I kind of agree with the OP in that I have a feeling things will start improving over the next few weeks. Not sure what I’m basing it on but probably partly the Motherwell game.

however, the OP’s view (and mine) is arguably more reactionary than those the OP is referring to, in that it is pretty much based on one decent showing and even then only really a first half. I can’t believe you would be surprised at the entirely predictable JKB reaction to today’s performance and result.

7 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Thats just hyperbole I’m afraid. We were at our most united point in many years after the promotion season and on the back of the huge success FoH was/is. They’ve taken away that feel good factor due to sheer incompetence and the decision to appoint and stick with Levein despite horrific results and performances. That’s what has divided the support and will eventually lead to his demise. It’s just a shame that the fans are split and suffering for so long waiting for the inevitable to happen! 

I don’t think you know what hyperbole means. 

We were not at our most united point for many years after promotion. There were folk hiring planes and fly posting Edinburgh wanting rid of our head coach.

We were no more divided then, than we were when JJ was sacked the first time around, or when Levein signed Hartley, or when Romanov bought the club. We are the moaniest support in the country, and in the 33 years man and boy that I’ve been going to watch us, we have never unanimously backed a manager.

The fans are always split. Getting rid of Levein won’t change that. 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

SpruceBringsteen

Weirdly the breaking point for me today wasn't that we aren't as good as Celtic - you'd need to be a halfwit to think we ever will be. It's that I realised whether it's Celtic, Aberdeen, Inverness or Cowdenbeath, it's the same performance with varying numbers of idiotic mistakes. Just tired of it. Tired.

Away up in Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don’t think you know what hyperbole means. 

We were not at our most united point for many or many years after promotion. There were folk hiring planes and fly posting Edinburgh wanting rid of our head coach.

We were no more divided then, than we were when JJ was sacked the first time around, or when Levein signed Hartley, or when Romanov bought the club. We are the Miami eat support in the country and in the 33 years man and boy that I’ve been going to watch is, we have never unanimously backed a manager.

The fans are always split. Getting rid of Levein won’t change that. 

“Miami eat”:rofl:

You don’t know much about sports do you?! Every team on the planet sees fans argue about ownership and management! Every single one. 

Edited by Away up in Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

“Miami eat”:rofl:

You don’t know much about sports do you?! Ever team on the planet sees fans argue about ownership and management! Every single one. 

What about your local sports teams? Do you find the Mets or the Yankees to be the biggest moaners? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Away up in Gorgie

What about your local sports teams? Do you find the Mets or the Yankees to be the biggest moaners? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Local sports team is actually Fulham but bash on :greggy:

Just now, Away up in Gorgie said:

Local sports team is actually Fulham but bash on :greggy:

:lol:

okay mate.

3 hours ago, RS86 said:

How reactionary this board can be. There was an air of positivity following the Motherwell game and even into this morning people were more positive/optimistic. Then we visit Parkhead and within 90 mins we are back to where we were prior to the Motherwell game?

Who realistically expected to go to Parkhead in our current state and take points from a team who've walked through everyone they have faced in the league so far?

Had we taken a point or won today people would be gushing with praise, yet we get beat in a game we were likely to lose and the doom and gloom sets in. Really?

I'll leave my thoughts on Levein out, things are shit but improving and I don't see that this result should be a benchmark. We all want to challenge Celtic and be able to go to there and take points, but there can't have been many going into today who expected anything less than what we got.

I'd also hazard a guess that alcohol has influenced much of the posting today/tonight as seems to be the norm at the weekends :lol: But I guess my point here is we have been shite, we saw signs vs Motherwell that is changing so lets put this result behind us and see what actually happens in the next few weeks...

Aye amazing .

No league wins in 10.

Amaze yourself with that.

shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

So reactionary, imagine not basing your opinion on a single cup tie against Motherwell?!

:D Underrated post imo.

But most of the comments on this thread are fair enough too. I viewed Motherwell as an acid test because bad Hearts sides lose there. Good Hearts sides win comfortably there. OK Hearts sides battle through there, which we did. If the manager had lost the dressing room, we'd have lost, no question. Winning there bought him a bit of time.

So now it's about the next little stretch. Take a minimum 7 from the next 9 and beat Aberdeen in the Cup, and we're back on the rails and in decent shape. Lose the derby and get knocked out of the Cup, and it's curtains for Craig. But if he's still here heading into October, I don't think we'll have a real idea what our prospects are this season until we return to the scene of last year's horrors. Livingston away on October 26. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, RS86 said:

People except the haters, they will never give praise where it’s due. 

Good post, well put :thumb:

I agree with the OP but disappointed that the BBC report described our performance as abject.  We're all sick of that.  We must do better every week despite the never ending injuries.

8 hours ago, Kylejordan said:

I think for me it’s not that I was expecting to take anything from today’s game. The fact we didn’t let in 4/5 goals I am amazed but for me it’s the nature of the performances. 

I don’t get how we go to Glasgow and factually shit the bed every time. Don’t get me wrong the team we have is very good on paper but why can’t that team go and attack them. We all know they aren’t that good but we seem to set up to worry about them rather than focus on our strengths. 

But for recent memory we are scared when we go there. It’s go and contain rather than see what they are about. 

I would rather go and attack them and lose compared to stifle until 1-0 down then go and lose 3-1 whilst sitting in still. 

Something has to change. The cup run gave him a reprieve but now he has to go! 

👍👍👍👍

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

A good number of our fans are dickheads. 

Good one, keep splitting the support, mind you everyone is entitled to their opinion and for the record, im on the fence regarding craig. 

9 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

And yet with organisation, good recruitment and desire Leicester managed to win it eh! How did that happen?

Don't forget luck, next to no injuries and confidence which breeds from winning games. Not many of their league winning squad have gone on to do much else and/or stand out at other clubs.