Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

Showed a hell of a lot more wanting to get involved. Certainly took no shit when the Hamilton boy sat back down on the pitch "injured". 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Internet
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Didn't score within 1 minute of coming on. Dud.

Indeed. More like MeSHITo amirite. 

indianajones
6 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Think the boy looks technically good but tactically seemed a bit lost, at a few points he was just standing not marking anyone or moving at throw ins, he’s not a very physical player but I think right wing would suit him 

5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Sums his game today up 

You cannot have a dig at any of the players for appearing tactically lost when they are taking instruction from that loser on the sidelines. 

Thought he did well given he only landed and will be jet lagged.

Looks feisty, fast, good touch etc.

Edited by kila

Just now, indianajones said:

You cannot have a dig at any of the players for appearing tactically lost when they are taking instruction from that loser on the sidelines. 

Wasn’t a dig at him - thought he looked technically good but I was surprised to see him after 30 minutes. Looked like someone who had just met his teammates for the first time - which was the case. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Wasn’t a dig at him - thought he looked technically good but I was surprised to see him after 30 minutes. Looked like someone who had just met his teammates for the first time - which was the case. 

Yeah I completely agree. Shouldn't have been involved today. 

Another masterclass decision by Levein. 

Too lightweight not sure him and Mulraney will work, today was a day for Uchi we toiled at set pieces, I thought Washington did not hold ball up well enough.

Two goals lost were a disaster first one in particular with Whyte culpable and Berra not clever.

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Yeah I completely agree. Shouldn't have been involved today. 

Another masterclass decision by Levein. 

Even more bizarre as I thought Clare was looking good playing ahead of Irving and Whelan and it spoiled his game by putting Meshino in there. 

indianajones
Just now, King prawn said:

Even more bizarre as I thought Clare was looking good playing ahead of Irving and Whelan and it spoiled his game by putting Meshino in there. 

You aren't wrong KP! I'm away for a few drams to forget about this shit show. 

Leveins utter clueless so I'm honestly not surprised in the slightest which is extremely depressing. 

Meshino looked not bad all things considered. Quietly confident he'll be a decent player for us under a new manager. 

Should not have been brought on when he was.

Looked lost and it was then like playing with 10 men.

A wee 20 minute spell at the end would have been much better

tartofmidlothian

Would have been better bringing Uche on at that point and Meshino instead of Naismith. Naisy wasn't up to speed, but Meshino looked hungry until half time.

BackOfTheNet

Ball sticks to his feet, even when punted at him. Two footed, played some decent passes that weren’t safe choices too. This saying he’s tactically naive, of course he was. I’m not sure he’s even had a training session with the team. But he’s got two weeks to get tactically sound. Personally I liked our formation, but I would like to see him on the left of the front there (where Henderson was) and Clare in the middle ahead of Irving and Whelan.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Think the boy looks technically good but tactically seemed a bit lost, at a few points he was just standing not marking anyone or moving at throw ins, he’s not a very physical player but I think right wing would suit him 

I actually thought he looked much better floating about in the no.10 position than he did playing wide. That said, the team looked fairly comfortable in the first half and fell to pieces in the second.

Looks to have a good touch but can't add him to midfield with Claire and Mulraney. Think we would have won if he had stayed on the bench. 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Too early to make any real judgement.

First impressions though he will struggle here, as physically lacking and will struggle with pace and style of the game he will struggle with, that said he has quick feet, talented whilst, looks to be forward thinking and creative. 

Unfortunately, I just don’t see this working out for the player or us. 

Think it it will prove to be a poor fit. 

Looks like he he has a fair bit of talent though. 

Should have just posted the bits in bold because the rest of it is just a series of contradictions.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Too early to make any real judgement.

First impressions though he will struggle here, as physically lacking and will struggle with pace and style of the game he will struggle with, that said he has quick feet, talented whilst, looks to be forward thinking and creative. 

Unfortunately, I just don’t see this working out for the player or us. 

Think it it will prove to be a poor fit. 

Looks like he he has a fair bit of talent though. 

Maybe a bit strongly worded but you may be right. Time will tell. Built up expectations have rarely been fulfilled at our club.

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder how he is settling in and if he'll start on Saturday?

Ha ha, I can answer my own question. :laugh:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-craig-halkett-reveals-why-ryo-meshino-can-spark-jambos-into-life-1-5002562

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

If enough people expect him to be world class against Motherwell, it should hopefully take some of the heat off Clare, who’s been toiling to shoulder the role of designated scapegoat all by himself for months. Then all we need to do is sign another highly rated young skilful player to take the heat of Ryotaro. Job’s a good un.

Hope we play him where he was in the first half against Hamilton - he looks good at finding pockets of space there.

Thought he was a lot less effective out on the right.

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Hope we play him where he was in the first half against Hamilton - he looks good at finding pockets of space there.

Thought he was a lot less effective out on the right.

I think we all know where he’ll be played then. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's it sorted. Piece of piss. Who needs coaching badges eh ? 

:thumbsup:

Nobody needs coaching badges. A JKB membership will see you right. What do the professionals at Hearts know?

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Was it Meshino who turned his man and shot for the first? If so he is incredibly unlucky not to have bagged 2 good goals

Yeah, the deflection literally put it on a plate for Uche

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, kila said:

He was a positive today at least, good goal

59 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Made a difference when he came. Still a bit to go but he will grow into the game.

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Made a difference when he came. Still a bit to go but he will grow into the game.

He is a bit raw.

I doubt he will start next week. Though a new bold manager might look at today and see there is attacking potential in that team if someone can fit together the parts. 

MarkDevriesScores4

I feel sorry for the lad. Having to try and play football with Sean Clare and Jamie Brandon. That’s like being 2 men down before you even start.

Happy he got his first goal but I wish I could have celebrated it more.

If anything it just made me even more pissed off about Motherwell's cheap 3rd goal and our terrible defense.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I feel sorry for the lad. Having to try and play football with Sean Clare and Jamie Brandon. That’s like being 2 men down before you even start.

Jamie Brandon is not fit for League 2. 

The one player today who actually had the gumption to take the responsibility on themselves to make something happen, instead of constantly passing the responsibility on to someone else. 

Well done wee man, wish we had 11 with your attitude today. 

John mcCartney

happy Ive shelled out 34 squiddlers for the derby at Fester........be a night of high drama and I fancy this dude can put one or two away on the day.