Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

11 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

From my experience,  eastern asian students seem to be great at reading,  writing and listening. Speaking is really difficult though. It's hard to practice, but he doesn't look shy so hopefully he picks it up quickly. Just keep him away from Locke 😂

Brilliant ...I so remember his mentoring of Juanjo 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

Tom Hardy’s Dug
32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

An amusing quote from Levein about him. I knew he was a bit special when he still wanted to join us after watching the dire draw against Ross County. :laugh:

🤣

34 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It certainly won’t result in interest in Japan if we make no effort to engage with the market.

What people are basically saying is that marketing and promoting something is OTT, a waste of time and a bit weird.

Depends what you're marketing I guess.

In this instance I think it's a bit OTT but I'm not criticising them for doing it or moaning which some are insinuating. I think it's cool and really hope it does work and is very lucrative. If he was in their international team or something I could see it but (and I may be wrong here) he doesn't seem to be a big name in his homeland.

40 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think everyone should enjoy getting carried away as often as possible in life, as well as having the emotional maturity to deal with disappointment

He's just a love Meshino

You know what, that's actually just changed my entire viewpoint on all of this.

It's so true and something I'm not good at.

Feck it, I'm on the full hype train!! Let's go Ryo Messino!!!

Edited by Taffin

Tom Hardy’s Dug

People also neglecting the prospect of this opening up the opportunity of the player market for us direct with Japan also.

Respect is a hugely important part of Japanese life. What dour unimaginative Scots see as OTT publicity, will likely be seen as a mark of respect by the Japanese.

This will not be unhelpful for us if we ever want to tap into the Japanese market directly.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

People also neglecting the prospect of this opening up the opportunity of the player market for us direct with Japan also.

Respect is a hugely important part of Japanese life. What dour unimaginative Scots see as OTT publicity, will likely be seen as a mark of respect by the Japanese.

This will not be unhelpful for us if we ever want to tap into the Japanese market directly.

Edit: Forget it.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Edit: Forget it.

Was that you implementing your own version of how to make friends and influence people again?

I don’t see anything wrong with what Tommy H Dug said.

I see no harm in what the club has done - it may even have been a condition of the loan from Man City to do a load of publicity as they won’t have had the chance.

Who knows? Who ****ing cares?

Why are there a set of trumpets on here that have to moan about every ****ing thing the club does?

I genuinely don’t get it and I wish those that way inclined would **** off and support someone else. 

Edited by Jammy T

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I'm not against any of this 🤔

I reckon we're mostly in agreement tbh. 

I think I've been pretty optimistic with a dash of realism thrown in. Nothing wrong with that. 

I just think we'll benefit in others ways rather than financially. That can be just as positive so long as people are willing to consider it 👍

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You know what, that's actually just changed my entire viewpoint on all of this.

It's so true and something I'm not good at.

Feck it, I'm on the full hype train!! Let's go Ryo Messino!!!

👍

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Meshino’s international clearance has come through, meaning he is available for selection. 

Which is good. Foreseeing a Juanjo style debut.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

The content for non subscribers to HeartsTV is very good. My auld man an ST holder, FOH member and shareholder enjoys it and has no complaint at all.

Agreed. I think they have the balance about right.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

He will start today with naisy.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 if you said the sky was blue I'd go out and check 

I'm trying a new train of thought on this boy

I'm gonna expect the boy to be absolute shite therefore i cannot and will not be disappointed 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

I'm not sure people are moaning, they just don't think that it will result in a massive amount of interest in Japan or sales on the back of it.

I'm really excited about Ryo being here and think he'll be a joy to watch. I reckon we'll gain almost no new fans in Japan, the Japanese site will have minimal hits and the merch sales on the back of it won't be huge.

Is that moaning? No; fair play to the club trying it but it is all a bit OTT for relatively unknown player on loan imo.

It's fun though.

Anyone in our midfield that can take a pass from defence, control it & run at the opposition will be a joy to watch. 

Here's hoping! 😎 

26 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Meshino’s international clearance has come through, meaning he is available for selection. 

Honestly can't see him starting today, maybe a token 10 minute appearance as sub if we're winning after 80 mins.

4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Honestly folk will find anything to moan about.  

Japanese fans are notoriously fanatical about their own and if we market this right it should be a great opportunity to grow our presence in that part of the world and lead to a shed load of merchandise sales.  The media team are playing a blinder and one again it is an example of the club trying to maximise every possible income stream.

its clear that the clubs growth strategy is just beyond the comprehension of some of our fans.  

4 Japanese journalists came over with him 

More than a bit of interest 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

4 Japanese journalists came over with him 

Did international clearance come through for them too? 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

An amusing quote from Levein about him. I knew he was a bit special when he still wanted to join us after watching the dire draw against Ross County. :laugh:

Loves the passion of the "hardcore" fans and very excited to be here

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ryotaro-meshino-hearts-fans-are-hardcore-that-s-why-i-signed-1-4994790

36 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

15 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

🙏

Edited by Agentjambo

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

RM : "Austin, what are the fans shouting? "

AM : "They are praising the players for managing to hold Ross County to a 0-0 draw at home"

RM: "Ahhhhhh...... Sooooo" 

Haringshairband
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

RM : "Austin, what are the fans shouting? "

AM : "They are praising the players for managing to hold Ross County to a 0-0 draw at home"

RM: "Ahhhhhh...... Sooooo" 

:rofl:

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree.

No chance. Hasn't played for a month nor trained with our squad.

1 minute ago, Des' Dad said:

No chance. Hasn't played for a month nor trained with our squad.

Was due to train with squad yesterday afternoon.

He is young and fit. 

Was due to train with squad yesterday afternoon.

He is young and fit. 

Doubt very much if squad trains on a Friday afternoon before a Saturday game. We need to temper our expectations.

3 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Doubt very much if squad trains on a Friday afternoon before a Saturday game. We need to temper our expectations.

Hearts changed the training yesterday from morning to afternoon to accommodate his arrival. 

They are fit guys. It's not a heavy session anyway. If we win maybe be the norm. 

Hearts changed the training yesterday from morning to afternoon to accommodate his arrival. 

They are fit guys. It's not a heavy session anyway. If we win maybe be the norm. 

I wondered about that as I saw Christophe Berra walking his dog on Friday morning and wondered why he wasn't at work.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If the guy is fit to start Levein might just choose to start him - mainly because he seems an ideal replacement for Walker but also to create a better atmosphere in the ground which will in turn help the team.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
52 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

To be fair the sky in Scotland is mostly grey.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If the guy is fit to start Levein might just choose to start him - mainly because he seems an ideal replacement for Walker but also to create a better atmosphere in the ground which will in turn help the team.

Maybe a sign of desperation.

Or they really rate him. Surprise for Hamilton too perhaps. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe a sign of desperation.

Or they really rate him. Surprise for Hamilton too perhaps. 

Hearts have had many players start a day or so after arriving - mixed results. Depends how good this guy actually is I guess.

Got to be a sub performance unless we bow down to man citys requests to play when fit (if that exists) and to the Japanese media that are over for this with him 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

I'm trying a new train of thought on this boy

I'm gonna expect the boy to be absolute shite therefore i cannot and will not be disappointed 

Probably best that way and if he is then you can say that you were expecting it and if he plays a blinder then you'll feel over the moon

trying to get odds on him to score first today cant find anywhere looking like i might have to phone the high street bookies and see if head office will give a quote as theres nothing online that i can see even on oddschecker nothing

3 minutes ago, Masonic said:

trying to get odds on him to score first today cant find anywhere looking like i might have to phone the high street bookies and see if head office will give a quote as theres nothing online that i can see even on oddschecker nothing

4/1 on sky bet

indianajones
4 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Williamhill has him. 

12 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Same here 

Checked them all, will keep you posted if anything changes

13 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Bet 365 offering 

1st goalscorer 7/1 

Last goalscorer 7/1 

Anytime 11/5 

4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

He will start today with naisy.

Do you just guess and hope you're right one day 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Screenshot_20190831-134953_Twitter.jpg

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Des' Dad said:

Every Friday at tynecastle isn't it?

tartofmidlothian

Early days, but he looks the part. His movement and ability isn't in doubt from what we've seen so far. Bags of confidence too, although he might not win a lot of physical battles.

CanadianJamTart

I agree. I’m no manager, but not sure about sticking him on today — probably a bit jet lagged, not knowing the plays, etc. Must have been difficult. Definitely showed signs of confidence and calmness

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Early days, but he looks the part. His movement and ability isn't in doubt from what we've seen so far. Bags of confidence too, although he might not win a lot of physical battles.

Think the boy looks technically good but tactically seemed a bit lost, at a few points he was just standing not marking anyone or moving at throw ins, he’s not a very physical player but I think right wing would suit him 

Just now, BigAlim said:

Think the boy looks technically good but tactically seemed a bit lost, at a few points he was just standing not marking anyone or moving at throw ins, he’s not a very physical player but I think right wing would suit him 

Sums his game today up 

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Think the entire team looks technically good but tactically seemed a bit lost. 

Ftfy...