Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, brux said:

To be fair, in Japanese culture anything other than an aura of confidence is seen as a weakness within males.

Yes I did hear this. Good point

They are also very hard to read

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

Haven't been this excited about a signing since the prince returned.

Buaben?

He Who Cannot Be Named

****ed it

417275_126074917521807_1585344103_n.jpg

Edited by He Who Cannot Be Named
me being an idiot

He Who Cannot Be Named

32 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Buaben?

Just now, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

417275_126074917521807_1585344103_n.jpg

indianajones

I've had a few pints... Please keep in mind!

I have been nothing but complimentary of the work that our social media team has been doing recently but the whole hype/build of this signing is extremely strange. Ive just watched the video of Ryo unboarding an easyjet plane, collecting his luggage and the meeting Austin like this was the unveiling of a super star. 

Is this just adding extra pressure to the young lad coming from leagues a far? Maybe he is a superstar, I don't know. It just felt odd watching it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I've had a few pints... Please keep in mind!

I have been nothing but complimentary of the work that our social media team has been doing recently but the whole hype/build of this signing is extremely strange. Ive just watched the video of Ryo unboarding an easyjet plane, collecting his luggage and the meeting Austin like this was the unveiling of a super star. 

Is this just adding extra pressure to the young lad coming from leagues a far? Maybe he is a superstar, I don't know. It just felt odd watching it. 

I agree. Reminds me a lot of when we signed Juanjo.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

****ing cheer up you pair

this guy is gonna tear it up.

Heard that about Vanacek as well.

He Who Cannot Be Named
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Heard that about Vanacek as well.

Quote a post where anyone said Vanacek would 'tear it up' then.

Coburg Hearts

Love the wording of this taken from the Manchester Evening News.

Upon completing the move Meshino said that he chose Hearts because the Gorgie Boys made him feel the most wanted out of the other European clubs who were chasing him.

indianajones
1 minute ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

You are joking right? 

The vast majority of kickback were stroking themselves at the prospect of Vanacek 'tearing up' the Scottish league. 

I'm not trying to be on a downer, I just feel that the particular video I mentioned is extremely weird. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

Just wait and see and lads. 

I am happy to do so and I really hope he is worthy of the hype! Would love nothing better than some feel good about this club again. 

He Who Cannot Be Named

In particular, why is it weird?

Just now, indianajones said:

You are joking right? 

The vast majority of kickback were stroking themselves at the prospect of Vanacek 'tearing up' the Scottish league. 

I'm not trying to be on a downer, I just feel that the particular video I mentioned is extremely weird. 

Why is it werd

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

:laugh:

Seriously, do you want to go back a year? Fill your boots!

He Who Cannot Be Named
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Seriously, do you want to go back a year? Fill your boots!

Just wanted to waste your time mate but your no that daft

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

I'll wait and see Meshino in maroon before claiming that he is tearing it up!

heartsfc_fan

The video was great .

Let's be honest if it was was some random bloke on an EasyJet flight from a French Second Division team there wouldn't be the same fanfare.

Japan has over 100 million people living in it. This is a massive market for us.

jambo-fletch
30 minutes ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

What a witty ******* 

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Japan has over 100 million people living in it. This is a massive market for us.

I think people need to calm down a wee bit. We've signed a largely untested and inexperienced youngster. He's uncapped and has about 30 games under his belt. 

I've no doubt that he's gonna be a big hit and i think he'll prove to be a quality player but there isn't some massive financial windfall on the horizon imo.

Put it this way,  I don't recall everybody in Scotland buying Sporting Lisbon tops when they signed Ryan Gauld 😂 

Jambo, Goodbye

Hopefully we use him as a second striker (if you're a stats man) That's a devastatingly good record! 

20190831_104902.thumb.jpg.ad4beb4f694e0b67956108756f4a6d4a.jpg

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Loved the video.. think this could be a huge signing for our club. I’ve no doubt hearts want this to have a big impact in Japan and I think it will! The comment about selling 10,000 shirts in Japan! Sure it’s not Nakamura levels but we have to start somewhere. I live in Asia and wanted hearts to tap in to this market for years.. potential is huge!! Well done Hearts 👏🏻👏🏻 

Some fans!! Ffs, probably same fans that would moan if we didn’t do this!

massively excited to see Ryo play 

Arthur Morgan
4 minutes ago, jambotony said:

Loved the video.. think this could be a huge signing for our club. I’ve no doubt hearts want this to have a big impact in Japan and I think it will! The comment about selling 10,000 shirts in Japan! Sure it’s not Nakamura levels but we have to start somewhere. I live in Asia and wanted hearts to tap in to this market for years.. potential is huge!! Well done Hearts 👏🏻👏🏻 

Some fans!! Ffs, probably same fans that would moan if we didn’t do this!

massively excited to see Ryo play 

Have you seen him play? Is he quite popular over there? 

2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Have you seen him play? Is he quite popular over there? 

I’ve not mate, only the videos that are doing the rounds.. but the fans in Asia are fanatical and hopefully with the right marketing this will fly! All the prem clubs tapped into this years ago and now get paid massive money to tour Asia pre season.. this might lead to that! Who knows but at least we’re exploring the possibilities which is a massive plus from my point of view and think the fans should be applauding the club for this.  

Brighton Jambo

Honestly folk will find anything to moan about.  

Japanese fans are notoriously fanatical about their own and if we market this right it should be a great opportunity to grow our presence in that part of the world and lead to a shed load of merchandise sales.  The media team are playing a blinder and one again it is an example of the club trying to maximise every possible income stream.

its clear that the clubs growth strategy is just beyond the comprehension of some of our fans.  

If it had been a low key arrival with just a scarf above head some fans would have moaned that the club weren’t making a big enough deal of his arrival.

you will never please everyone.

my opinion is good on the club and hopefully this guy is the real deal!!

we have to get lucky sometime and this may be it.

11 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Its always struck me that Hearts are more than fair in the amount of free coverage they allow punters to watch.

The content for non subscribers to HeartsTV is very good. My auld man an ST holder, FOH member and shareholder enjoys it and has no complaint at all.

10 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

:shockio::robboyas:

69601250_10158448235137784_3531000894462099456_o.jpg

I dont know how he seen it, but my japanese mate just sent me this pic. He was in tears laughing at it, as the translation is spot on!

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Japanese fans are notoriously fanatical about their own and if we market this right it should be a great opportunity to grow our presence in that part of the world and lead to a shed load of merchandise sales.  The media team are playing a blinder and one again it is an example of the club trying to maximise every possible income stream.

its clear that the clubs growth strategy is just beyond the comprehension of some of our fans.  

I'm not sure people are moaning, they just don't think that it will result in a massive amount of interest in Japan or sales on the back of it.

I'm really excited about Ryo being here and think he'll be a joy to watch. I reckon we'll gain almost no new fans in Japan, the Japanese site will have minimal hits and the merch sales on the back of it won't be huge.

Is that moaning? No; fair play to the club trying it but it is all a bit OTT for relatively unknown player on loan imo.

It's fun though.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Hopefully this Japanese tourist influx will fill those empty seats too. Not holding my breath.

Geoff Kilpatrick
53 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not sure people are moaning, they just don't think that it will result in a massive amount of interest in Japan or sales on the back of it.

I'm really excited about Ryo being here and think he'll be a joy to watch. I reckon we'll gain almost no new fans in Japan, the Japanese site will have minimal hits and the merch sales on the back of it won't be huge.

Is that moaning? No; fair play to the club trying it but it is all a bit OTT for relatively unknown player on loan imo.

It's fun though.

:spoton:

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

If it had been a low key arrival with just a scarf above head some fans would have moaned that the club weren’t making a big enough deal of his arrival.

you will never please everyone.

my opinion is good on the club and hopefully this guy is the real deal!!

we have to get lucky sometime and this may be it.

:spoton:

Welcome Ryo.

I'm unable to go today and am gutted I'll miss his debut. Sure he'll be getting ripped on here by the time I get back though

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I'm unable to go today and am gutted I'll miss his debut. Sure he'll be getting ripped on here by the time I get back though

I’d be amazed if we see him anywhere near the squad today.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It's fun though.

It certainly won’t result in interest in Japan if we make no effort to engage with the market.

What people are basically saying is that marketing and promoting something is OTT, a waste of time and a bit weird.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I think people need to calm down a wee bit. We've signed a largely untested and inexperienced youngster. He's uncapped and has about 30 games under his belt. 

I've no doubt that he's gonna be a big hit and i think he'll prove to be a quality player but there isn't some massive financial windfall on the horizon imo.

Put it this way,  I don't recall everybody in Scotland buying Sporting Lisbon tops when they signed Ryan Gauld 😂 

I think everyone should enjoy getting carried away as often as possible in life, as well as having the emotional maturity to deal with disappointment

He's just a love Meshino

Seymour M Hersh

An amusing quote from Levein about him. I knew he was a bit special when he still wanted to join us after watching the dire draw against Ross County. :laugh:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The translator translated what Levein said and he walked off..

From what I've seen he knows some words, you can see that from his press conference. He doesn't look totally clueless to me. But I may be wrong there, either way as I said he has an aura of confidence and belief in himself and that is a great thing

It seemed like Austin greeted him in English too. It’s hard to hear but it sounds like he says “it’s good to see you, you alright? All good?” And the Japanese Messi replies with yes.

Maybe he does speak some English. It’s not a rare thing for someone from Japan so speak English, and if someone’s career path will hopefully take them to an English speaking country you’d assume they’d be more inclined to learn. I’m not sure when Man City first inquired about him but you’d hope that he’d be in daily tutoring from that day on. 

Jambo, Goodbye
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I think everyone should enjoy getting carried away as often as possible in life, as well as having the emotional maturity to deal with disappointment

He's just a love Meshino

I'm in no way saying that nobody should get carried away over this signing. I tend to do it with most of our signings myself. I'm only doubting the financial impact. 

If anything,  we'll be a little better known amongst a few J-League supporters.

Maybe we can begin scouting a few leagues in Asia more often? I've seen a few very talented players here who are playing for tin pot clubs far below our level. Could be a great market if visas aren't an issue. 

Jambo, Goodbye
6 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It seemed like Austin greeted him in English too. It’s hard to hear but it sounds like he says “it’s good to see you, you alright? All good?” And the Japanese Messi replies with yes.

Maybe he does speak some English. It’s not a rare thing for someone from Japan so speak English, and if someone’s career path will hopefully take them to an English speaking country you’d assume they’d be more inclined to learn. I’m not sure when Man City first inquired about him but you’d hope that he’d be in daily tutoring from that day on. 

From my experience,  eastern asian students seem to be great at reading,  writing and listening. Speaking is really difficult though. It's hard to practice, but he doesn't look shy so hopefully he picks it up quickly. Just keep him away from Locke 😂

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I'm in no way saying that nobody should get carried away over this signing. I tend to do it with most of our signings myself. I'm only doubting the financial impact. 

If anything,  we'll be a little better known amongst a few J-League supporters.

Maybe we can begin scouting a few leagues in Asia more often? I've seen a few very talented players here who are playing for tin pot clubs far below our level. Could be a great market if visas aren't an issue. 

Ann Budge is in the IT game, chucking together a website is cheap and easy to do. It's low cost, low risk, and I've already seen Japanese comments on our Twitter page.

If he's good, who knows? Scotland as a country is generally well thought of in Japan, as is European football.

I say let's be optimistic and get carried away!

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ann Budge is in the IT game, chucking together a website is cheap and easy to do. It's low cost, low risk, and I've already seen Japanese comments on our Twitter page.

If he's good, who knows? Scotland as a country is generally well thought of in Japan, as is European football.

I say let's be optimistic and get carried away!

I'm not against any of this 🤔

I reckon we're mostly in agreement tbh. 

I think I've been pretty optimistic with a dash of realism thrown in. Nothing wrong with that. 

I just think we'll benefit in others ways rather than financially. That can be just as positive so long as people are willing to consider it 👍

32 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’d be amazed if we see him anywhere near the squad today.

He is in the squad .. they held back training yesterday until he arrived and could join them