So why do you support HMFC?

MCJamTart

Broxburn Jambo

Was brought up in care so, no family affiliations, but a foster brother took me to see Hearts v Torpedo Moscow in 1962, a 6-0 win, my main memory was he was in army uniform ( national service ).

I was always a Hearts supporter after that, the one constant thing in my up and down life.

now passed to my children and grandchildren

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• BarneyBattles44

All roads lead to Gorgie

When I was growing up we lived a stones throw from Tynecastle up beside Harrison Park and later moved to Roseburn so the draw to support the famous was strong. I used to watch the crowds heading to games and after pestering my non football supporting old man for a while he took me to the main stand. I was hooked and soon it was the terracing that drew me every week. A lot of my School mates were hobos and tried to convince me I was wasting my time with the yo yo team that was Hearts back then but I have had the last laugh ever since.:leveinnaturalorder:

I sort of follow Arsenal from meeting some gooners on holiday when I was young and staying in touch with some of them for a while. 

I look for Roma results as I used to watch the early seria a coverage on TV and thought the flags they flew were close to maroon but looking closer they are cherry red. Later visited the Olympic Stadium in Rome but out of season.

Born and raised in Gorgie, Dad supported Hearts, as does my Son and Great Grandson.

Used to watch Willie Bauld and the other great players training at the enclosure in the summer

The good times are Great.