Red card Cowdenbeath.

Ronald Villiers

Yesss Keena

WalterEgo

2-0 Keena

iantjambo

Get in :yas:

Ronald Villiers

Great passing again.  The boys have been excellent tonight.  First team take note.

Saint Jambo

2-0. Keena. Nice spell of possession football then fed through and Keena forces it past the keeper.

Ronald Villiers

Nearly 3.  Great play by McDonald.

Portable Badger
49 minutes ago, WalterEgo said:

0-0. Hearts a few more chances but not much in it

Thanks for the update.

Bauer with a header?   Thought others always said he couldn't head the ball.  Strange days indeed.    Cmon the Wee Jambos

Ronald Villiers

Yasss

WalterEgo

3-0 Zanatta. Well deserved

Ronald Villiers

Great goal Zanatta

Zlatanable

Saint Jambo

Zanatta 3-0. Breaks the offside line, checks back and fires across the keeper from close range.

iantjambo

Well done boys.

Cracking result

Portable Badger
Just now, Ronald Villiers said:

Great goal Zanatta

Really pleased Zanatta and Keena getting among the goals.   I'd like them to be given a proper shot in the first team

Ronald Villiers

3-1

Saint Jambo

3-1. Looked like a poorly defended corner. Shame for Harry not to get the clean sheet.

iantjambo
Just now, Ronald Villiers said:

3-1

Damn. Was really hoping young Stone would get a clean sheet.

Never mind.

Captain Canada

Zanatta and Keena deserve a run of starts in the first team. MacLean did very little last season but played game after game. At least they're in form unlike Washington and Uche. Hard to see how they could do worse than not scoring at all! 

Zlatanable
Just now, Captain Canada said:

Zanatta and Keena deserve a run of starts in the first team. MacLean did very little last season but played game after game. At least they're in form unlike Washington and Uche. Hard to see how they could do worse than not scoring at all! 

and McDonald.

heartsfc_fan

Brilliant

HMFC86

When’s Andy Kirk being promoted? 

iantjambo
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

Just now, Zlatanable said:

and McDonald.

Hopefully some of them will be involved on Friday.

Jeff

Keena deserves a shot in the PL. Scores constantly

Tennant's  6's
5 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Really pleased Zanatta and Keena getting among the goals.   I'd like them to be given a proper shot in the first team

You're not the only one. Both deserve a start, and would be better thdn Uche & MacLean, that for sure. 

They're both ready to play their part,likewise McDonald 

Saint Jambo

Full time 3-1. Good performance and well deserved win.

King prawn
3 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

When’s Andy Kirk being promoted? 

I’d prefer Kirk over Daly or Fox if that’s the route we’re going down. 

R1874

Great result. Hopefully a trophy this year! 

Kirk should be next manager with Levein back upstairs. No doubt in my mind

Not to keep with the Levein-bashing (I’m relatively calm about the subject) but why on earth did Henderson play Sat when Mcdonald, Zannata and Keena were available. Madness 

Victorian

Albion and Cowden tonked.    Some going lads.    

heartsfc_fan

Celtic u21 lost also :yas:

Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Celtic u21 lost also :yas:

Great night’s football. The turtle has obviously started to get the upper hand in the battle with the spider beneath the dark tower.

Saint Jambo
10 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Great result. Hopefully a trophy this year! 

Kirk should be next manager with Levein back upstairs. No doubt in my mind

Not to keep with the Levein-bashing (I’m relatively calm about the subject) but why on earth did Henderson play Sat when Mcdonald, Zannata and Keena were available. Madness 

Henderson was the stand out last week against Albion Rovers.

amadjambo

Where was Zanatta played?

novoman

Well done the young team ♥️🇱🇻

Stavropol
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Henderson was the stand out last week against Albion Rovers.

And then looked like a rabbit in the headlights on Saturday... 

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Where was Zanatta played?

Off Keena's shoulder in a 3-4-3 I'd say with McDonald a little deeper and wider as the other man in the 3.

1 minute ago, Stavropol said:

And then looked like a rabbit in the headlights on Saturday... 

Bit harsh I'd say. Thrown on into a team that was putting in a horrible performance. But I think the lesson from that is that posters should maybe be less sure that Zanatta, Keena and others would be quick solutions to the first team rather than that Levein got it wrong with who he promoted at the weekend. Really tiring that a good win by the youth team is turned into another thread to whinge a about the first team and management.  Wouldn't it be nice if this thread could just enjoy a good performance and victory.

Zlatanable

Cruyff Turn

Well done to the young lads tonight. Fantastic result.

chester copperpot

Went to watch this. On way home. Great result and we played some brilliant stuff at times.

I dunno what's happening in between the 1st team and the reserves/colts but the football seems totally different.

Just IMO.

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Went to watch this. On way home. Great result and we played some brilliant stuff at times.

I dunno what's happening in between the 1st team and the reserves/colts but the football seems totally different.

Just IMO.

You're not the first person to say that. Really annoying. 

Some of these guys deserve some game time in the first team, could give the team a lift.

As well as the new signings :whistling:

EIEIO

Good performance particularly second half. Cowden keeper on loan from the vermin was the man of the match.

Zanatta,  Keena,  McDonald and Bauer were best for us. Stone looks a good keeper too.

Saint Jambo

Overall I thought it was a good performance. The lads played nice possession, passing football on a better surface and in much better weather conditions than last week. I thought there were less standout and below par performances than last week with generally above average across the board.

Stone - Good handling. Hesitant in coming for balls a few times in the first half but got away with it. Unfortunate not to get a clean sheet.

Petkov - Solid performance. None of the defenders massively tested. Confident with ball at his feet.

Hamilton - Strong performance. Looks the best of the centre backs despite looking tiny in comparison to Petkov and Baur.

Baur - Better today. A few shaky moments but put under less pressure and a bit more composed with ball and his feet. Good finish with his head for goal.

Logan - I like him. A bit quiet at times and needed to he demanding the ball more but caused them a lot of problems.

Burns - Playing on left side and did well. No issue with speaking up to demand the ball. Nice and confident. Hard in the tackle too.

Cochrane - Much better tonight. More like his old self. Cool on the ball and keeping play ticking over. Happy to step forward with ball at his feet when opportunity arose.

Ritche - A fairly quiet game. Didn't really notice him but nothing particularly bad either.

McDonald - Worked hard and did well even if nothing quite came off.

Zanatta - Played well. Constant menace running at and beyond the Beath defence. Looking for opportunities to play on others or take a shot.

Keena - Looked like being a frustrating night until Beath went down to 10men. Worked hard and created opportunities for himself. Sometimes a little greedy. Poor penalty but then good finish for the goal.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Some of these guys deserve some game time in the first team, could give the team a lift.

1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

I dont want to do a Levein bashing thing as Its not (normally) my thing.

The academy should mirror the way the 1st team.

RenfrewHearts
47 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Zanatta was poor against East Fife. Decent dribbler but looked a bit lost off the ball imo.

Kiwidoug

Hearts through, Kelty Hearts through and Celtic put of two cups on the same night.

My mood has brightened considerably.

RobboM

Nice feeling coming away froma  Hearts match purring about the performance (second half in particular) and result. Thought Cochrane was excellent 2nd half, must have been a change of shape because suddenly he wasn't crowded out and could pick out passes for fun. Thorouhgly enjoyed Zanatta's directness, McDonald's skill to wriggle through, Keena's determination to score, Bobby Burns demanding the ball constantly. Lots of positives.

Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hearts through, Kelty Hearts through and Celtic put of two cups on the same night.

My mood has brightened considerably.

Hi. question for you, hope you don't mind, did you mean the uni playings fields, when you said prestonfield near to little France?

PTBCAL

Don’t think Zanatta or Keena are good enough tbh

However I hope Macdonald and Irving get game time this season  

Kiwidoug
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Hi. question for you, hope you don't mind, did you mean the uni playings fields, when you said prestonfield near to little France?

Dont mind in the least.  I'm taking about 50 plus years ago.  Don't think they were Uni playing fields then but may be wrong.  

Kiwidoug
5 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Nice feeling coming away froma  Hearts match purring about the performance (second half in particular) and result. Thought Cochrane was excellent 2nd half, must have been a change of shape because suddenly he wasn't crowded out and could pick out passes for fun. Thorouhgly enjoyed Zanatta's directness, McDonald's skill to wriggle through, Keena's determination to score, Bobby Burns demanding the ball constantly. Lots of positives.

Did many people turn up?