***Official East Fife v Hearts Match Thread***

iantjambo

Final group match tomorrow. It’s not been overly impressive but anything other than defeat will see us top the group.

Hopefully we can get ourselves a few goals to boost our goal difference.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• Jeff

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Final group match tomorrow. It’s not been overly impressive but anything other than defeat will see us top the group.

Hopefully we can get ourselves a few goals to boost our goal difference.

Yip. 

Would like our strikers to score. 

Score early and we could get a few, don't and it could be quite a nervous game! 

chester copperpot

Predicting a loss so that hopefully means a  nice comfy victory.

Not confident with this one.

tartofmidlothian
43 minutes ago, Uberjambo said:

Where is best to park for this one? Thanks in advance.

Just on the streets near the ground.

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

Would like our strikers to score. 

Score early and we could get a few, don't and it could be quite a nervous game! 

Wonder if Washington is out with his eye? I agree that guys like Walker and Uche need goals, though.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

I’d go -

GK - Silva

RB - Smith

CB - Halkett

CB - Berra

LB - White

RM - Walker 

CM - Irving

CM - Cochrane 

LM - Zanatta 

ST - Keena

ST - Uche 

2-0 Keena & Walker 

East Fife are no mugs and have done well in the group. I'd happily take a repeat of the Cowdenbeath result. Get the feeling this game is made for Zanatta and/or Keena. 

With Hibs playing tonight we'll have an idea of what's required seeding wise and a narrow win may well be more than enough. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they flop at Elgin.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Wonder if Washington is out with his eye? I agree that guys like Walker and Uche need goals, though.

Can he not play, pretend he's a pirate?

It’s a tough call this one. We failed miserably at Bayview last season against a team who don’t even play there, with Naismith and Lafferty in the side. Admittedly we upped our game when a goal down and Berra’s “winner” should never have been ruled out, but for well over an hour on that surface and in those surroundings, we were hopeless. 

Nothing less than 100% chasing the goal target that Hibs set tonight will be acceptable. Nae tippy tappy patient shite that turns our games into an attack v defence training session. 

Edited by Shaggy2

7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Can he not play, pretend he's a pirate?

Arrr.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, martoon said:

Arrr.

He could wear and bandani as well, with a skull on the front. 

Be kewl as ****. 

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He could wear and bandani as well, with a skull on the front. 

Be kewl as ****. 

Anything less would be a disappointment. 

OmiyaHearts

I got told on Tuesday who's reffing this, it's the guy who sits next to me in work!

David has been reffing at Championship level and below the last few years. He got two post-split Premiership games last season and will likely get a few more this season. Was the 4th official in Gdansk last night as well.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I got told on Tuesday who's reffing this, it's the guy who sits next to me in work!

David has been reffing at Championship level and below the last few years. He got two post-split Premiership games last season and will likely get a few more this season. Was the 4th official in Gdansk last night as well.

Any bad decisions against us and you know what to do.

It involves a jobby and his desk drawer :)

OmiyaHearts
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

On top of his desk more like.

GorgieFifeLife

Zlamal 

Souttar

Halkett

Berra

Smith

Walker

Irving

Cochrane

White

Keena

Uche

Would be team I'd go for from what we have available at the moment.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Zlamal 

Souttar

Halkett

Berra

Smith

Walker

Irving

Cochrane

White

Keena

Uche

59 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

I’d go -

GK - Silva

RB - Smith

CB - Halkett

CB - Berra

LB - White

RM - Walker 

CM - Irving

CM - Cochrane 

LM - Zanatta 

ST - Keena

ST - Uche 

2-0 Keena & Walker 

Aye, let’s have Aiden White play his first game in 30 months on a plastic pitch! 

Strongest team possible required. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye, let’s have Aiden White play his first game in 30 months on a plastic pitch! 

Strongest team possible required. 

Think he needs game time and would be able to cope with East Fife. However if the medical team think that he cant cope with the surface fair enough, bring in Mulraney to play wing back. Chill out!

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Think he needs game time and would be able to cope with East Fife. However if the medical team think that he cant cope with the surface fair enough, bring in Mulraney to play wing back. Chill out!

We need to play our strongest team both to win the group and also in preparation for Aberdeen next weekend. 

27 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

25 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

On top of his desk more like.

Frozen jobby - just for that extra level of shithousery. Or just launch him out the window when no1 is looking

TyphoonJambo
40 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Zlamal 

Souttar

Halkett

Berra

Smith

Walker

Irving

Cochrane

White

Keena

Uche

Mulraney for White, for me.

Edited by TypoonJambo

GorgieFifeLife
10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Mulraney for White, for me.

Yeah probably right just thought White needed game time but maybe better times for this.

GorgieFifeLife
37 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We need to play our strongest team both to win the group and also in preparation for Aberdeen next weekend. 

Yeah I agree. Thought it might be worth giving White some minutes but maybe best left for another time. I believe the rest of the team is the strongest available though and is how I'd like to see us line up at Aberdeen.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yeah I agree. Thought it might be worth giving White some minutes but maybe best left for another time. I believe the rest of the team is the strongest available though and is how I'd like to see us line up at Aberdeen.

Keena, White, Cochrane and Irving are not in our strongest 11, in my opinion of course.

The group is still there to be won from East Fife's perspective.

Without a doubt, they will be going all out for the win and will be confident.

It's imperative that they get absolutely no encouragement from ourselves.

If they're still in the game after 70 minutes it'll be a nervy one for sure!

Jambof3tornado
37 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Weather looks cr@p for tomorrow afternoon

Strongest team available please ...

Crap weather, as in the rain, may well allow better passing on a sticky 3g surface.

GorgieFifeLife

Keena, White, Cochrane and Irving are not in our strongest 11, in my opinion of course.

If Washington is injured who is better than Keena?  Irving and Cochrane I would play ahead of Clare and Bozanic all day long.  Admittedly our midfield options are poor.

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Expect a comfortable victory. 3-0 please. 

There has been little comfortable about our play so far.......but I agree we will come good.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

If Washington is injured who is better than Keena?  Irving and Cochrane I would play ahead of Clare and Bozanic all day long.  Admittedly our midfield options are poor.

MacLean or play a 4-2-3-1:

Mulraney Walker McDonald - The 3

Uche - The 1

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Zlamal 

Souttar

Halkett

Berra

Smith

Walker

Irving

Cochrane

White

Keena

Uche

Not 3 at the back again. 3 central defenders marking 1 striker and 2 fullbacks playing 

as wingbacks.

Edited by mitch41

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

MacLean or play a 4-2-3-1:

Mulraney Walker McDonald - The 3

Uche - The 1

All opinions I suppose but I dont see Maclean as a better option than Keena who I think could play well off Uche. Uche doesn't have the ability or anywhere near the fitness to play as s lone frontman but dont mind the formation.  Need the right players for it though. I'm sure Craig will have the answers.

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Not 3 at the back again. 3 central defenders marking 1 striker and 2 fullbacks playing 

as wingbacks.

If theres only 1 striker most of the time Halkett steps forward as required.  Smith is very good as a wing back and Aidy White is a wing back although admittedly short of match fitness.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

All opinions I suppose but I dont see Maclean as a better option than Keena who I think could play well off Uche. Uche doesn't have the ability or anywhere near the fitness to play as s lone frontman but dont mind the formation.  Need the right players for it though. I'm sure Craig will have the answers.

A 4-2-3-1 would give Uche loads of support with the likes of Walker and Mulraney buzzing around him. Definitely need Haring, Naismith and another midfield options ASAP.

GorgieFifeLife

A 4-2-3-1 would give Uche loads of support with the likes of Walker and Mulraney buzzing around him. Definitely need Haring, Naismith and another midfield options ASAP.

Yeah as long as they get close enough to him to pick up the balls off him it could work.  Yes we need these options quickly seems very quiet on transfer front no snippets but possibly just doing a good job of keeping our business under wraps.

heartmussel
57 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Weather looks cr@p for tomorrow afternoon

Strongest team available please ...

Torrential rain from about 7am all day apparently🤷‍♂️

Hopefully a relatively straight forward win to progress out the group.

We should get an idea as well of what Craig thinks our best team at the moment is as well ahead of the Dons game next week after rotating in the other games.

Try and play football and score plenty.... If not working after 20 minutes call on the Berra 60 yard hoof and bounce it in off a fat arse cheek.

1-shree. 

The Old Tolbooth
21 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

They're not even that good mate, our midfield it horrendous just now! 

I'd be starting Jake and telling him to run at them, stick him down one side, McDonald on the other, and just try and pin them back as much as possible, we have to play our best team available as the potential is there to finish 2nd and not get through at all! 

11 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

If theres only 1 striker most of the time Halkett steps forward as required.  Smith is very good as a wing back and Aidy White is a wing back although admittedly short of match fitness.

What i’d be doing as manager is taking my best team available and putting on an attacking performance the shows the difference between East Fife and a top SPL team. And if the players I have signed or retained can’t beat East Fife with a few goals and dominate with a high tempo style I would have to, keeping in mind the last 7 months, tender my resignation as manager.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

What i’d be doing as manager is taking my best team available and putting on an attacking performance the shows the difference between East Fife and a top SPL team. And if the players I have signed or retained can’t beat East Fife with a few goals and dominate with a high tempo style I would have to, keeping in mind the last 7 months, tender my resignation as manager.

😄

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

30-0 to Hearts. 

That goes without saying, Des.

It’s all the goalscorers you need to be predicting.

In order and with the times.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Sounds like a plan.