Jesus freaks at my door

cosanostra

Dropped by 10 minutes ago to tell me about the love that Jesus can offer me apparently.

Their key points were that

1. Evolution is not real. If it was, people would still be evolving into "fish or monkeys" and we would be "growing wings from our backs".

2. The position and alignment of our solar system is proof that they were designed by an almighty creator called God.

3. Nobody saw evolution happen so there's no proof that it happened. Nobody saw God exist either but proof is not needed for that because they just know he's there.

4. Dinosaurs are not mentioned in the bible because they play no significant role in the story of Jesus and the creation of the earth.

5. The bible was not actually written by god but it was written on his behalf by 40 men who were his "secretaries" in the same way as a "boss might dictate letters to his employee".

6. Christianity is true, all other religeons are wrong because bloke A said he's "looked into it" and was convinced by the "facts" he had found.

First of all, why are these lunatics allowed to walk the streets and why are they not in a secure home for the mentally disadvantaged or brain washed? Secondly, why do they think it's ok to annoy people on a Sunday and attempt to preach this utter madness to the public?

What do you guys say to these nutters when they ring your doorbell?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A firm and polite "buck off" usually does the trick I find.

Bindy Badgy

My mum encourages them which means they pop round fairly often to drop off pamphlets. This has led to a few awkward conversations as I've tried to answer their questions politely without telling them I think it's a load of hogwash.

They haven't commented on my Iron Maiden t-shirts but I can tell they disapprove.

I couldn't help but laugh at their "why are we not involving into fish or monkeys and why are we not growing wings on our backs?" questions as a means of discounting evolution.

The guy had a mullet / moustache combination and was wearing a suit jacket and jeans. No way could i ever take anything seriously said by a guy dressed like that. Think Lovejoy / Clarkson crossed with Cletus the yokel from the Simpsons.

Bad news all round. :sad:

DieselPower

Pull down your trousers while they're at the door. I doubt anyone would be surprised at the reaction that gets.

Or answer the door in a Hibs top, they won't want to completely waste their time.:)

Chad Sexington

A couple of God botherers were at our door last week.

The wife was on the phone to her family in Australia at the time and told them that. Great excuse to get rid of them.

Two days later there is a knock at the door.

It's them again.

"Hello. Remember us? We were here a couple of days ago but you were on the phone to Australia."

How feckin creepy is that??? :eek:

Needless to say she chased them.

i want to know why you gave them so much time to tell you all that , did you kid on you were interested.

i want to know why you gave them so much time to tell you all that , did you kid on you were interested.

My curiosity got the better of me.

I spoke with them for 2 or maybe 3 minutes and they managed to make those points.

loveofthegame
My curiosity got the better of me.

I spoke with them for 2 or maybe 3 minutes and they managed to make those points.

Where they Jehovah's?!

Same happened to me- i dont like offending though so i tried to humour them until it got ridiculous when they asked if i minded praying with them right there on my front doorstep... door shut very quickly.

Fekin jehovahs

Whilst cutting the front grass in my house in Scotland a few years ago, these two mormons were walking round the doors. Well the string thing on my strimmer snapped, and I hadn't a clue how to attach a new one. I asked this mormon if he knew how to do it. He said he did, and promptly attached the new strimmer string. I said to him " Thank Jesus when ye see him!" I had already explained I was a non believer etc. He just laughed!

Lynn:wacko:

Dropped by 10 minutes ago to tell me about the love that Jesus can offer me apparently.

Their key points were that

1. Evolution is not real. If it was, people would still be evolving into "fish or monkeys" and we would be "growing wings from our backs".

2. The position and alignment of our solar system is proof that they were designed by an almighty creator called God.

3. Nobody saw evolution happen so there's no proof that it happened. Nobody saw God exist either but proof is not needed for that because they just know he's there.

4. Dinosaurs are not mentioned in the bible because they play no significant role in the story of Jesus and the creation of the earth.

5. The bible was not actually written by god but it was written on his behalf by 40 men who were his "secretaries" in the same way as a "boss might dictate letters to his employee".

6. Christianity is true, all other religeons are wrong because bloke A said he's "looked into it" and was convinced by the "facts" he had found.

First of all, why are these lunatics allowed to walk the streets and why are they not in a secure home for the mentally disadvantaged or brain washed? Secondly, why do they think it's ok to annoy people on a Sunday and attempt to preach this utter madness to the public?

Firstly while not a Christian myself 'Jesus Freaks' is a pretty derogatory term. As my parents are involved quite a bit in their church I do find it slightly offensive.

However I understand there is mentalists in all religions. Sure these weren't Jehovah Witnesses? as Christians rarely go round doors.

Secondly there is alot of evidence against evolution, it is only a theory afterall, so much so that recently it is being challenged more about how it is taught in schools.

Lastly I think you'll find dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible.

vladtheexhaler
Firstly while not a Christian myself 'Jesus Freaks' is a pretty derogatory term. As my parents are involved quite a bit in their church I do find it slightly offensive.

However I understand there is mentalists in all religions. Sure these weren't Jehovah Witnesses? as Christians rarely go round doors.

Secondly there is alot of evidence against evolution, it is only a theory afterall, so much so that recently it is being challenged more about how it is taught in schools.

Where do you stand on the use of bible bashers?

Boab Mugabe

Door to door people selling anything are just asking for it.

Here's a good one: Ask them "If you believe Jesus was killed by the Romans/Jews why don't you worship them instead?"

Dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible are they? Can't say i've ever heard that before. What Chapter / verse would that be?

I know that JH's are not exactly Christian but they are very similar. They did say they were JHs but they also said they came round to tell me about the love that Jesus could offer me.

I'd also like to know what the evidence against evolution is, i'm genuinely interested to read about that.

Bindy Badgy

First of all no there isn't. It is being challenged by people with a very obvious agenda.

Secondly you don't know what theory means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory

In science a theory is a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise verified through empirical observation. For the scientist, "theory" is not in any way an antonym of "fact". For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theories commonly used to describe and explain this behavior are Newton's theory of universal gravitation (see also gravitation), and the general theory of relativity.

Dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible are they? Can't say i've ever heard that before. What Chapter / verse would that be?

I know that JH's are not exactly Christian but they are very similar. They did say they were JHs but they also said they came round to tell me about the love that Jesus could offer me.

I'd also like to know what the evidence against evolution is, i'm genuinely interested to read about that.

(Job 40:15-24) and (Job 41:1-34) to name two examples.

As for arguements against evolution I'm no expert so without reading through anything thoroughly I wouldn't like to provide a link/reference with poor information. As I say I'm not a christian myself but as my Dad was at bible college I've met people he knows such as Christian Scientists who provided some very good arguments. Evolution does have some key flaws. I'm sure if you search online you'll genuinely find some interesting and convincing material (in amongst all the preachy buff) Try searching for some scientific arguments as opposed to the usual intelligent design response. I imagine its a fascinating subject.

(Job 40:15-24) and (Job 41:1-34) to name two examples.

As for arguements against evolution I'm no expert so without reading through anything thoroughly I wouldn't like to provide a link/reference with poor information. As I say I'm not a christian myself but as my Dad was at bible college I've met people he knows such as Christian Scientists who provided some very good arguments. Evolution does have some key flaws. I'm sure if you search online you'll genuinely find some interesting and convincing material (in amongst all the preachy buff) Try searching for some scientific arguments as opposed to the usual intelligent design response. I imagine its a fascinating subject.

I just had a look at those passages and they are too vague to say what they refer to. Only creationists.org seem to think they mean dinosaurs but most others seem to suggest elephants or hippos.

Hippo seems to be the most common explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth

That in no way proves that dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible.

I just had a look at those passages and they are too vague to say what they refer to. Only creationists.org seem to think they mean dinosaurs but most others seem to suggest elephants or hippos.

Hippo seems to be the most common explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth

That in no way proves that dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible.

I'm not a Christian or an expert. As far as I'm aware though there is nothing in the bible that contradicts the existence of dinosaurs.

Wikipedia although not the most reliable source but even that does say "it thus indicates that Behemoth is the largest and most powerful animal ever to exist." which would imply a dinosaur surely?

I'm not a Christian or an expert. As far as I'm aware though there is nothing in the bible that contradicts the existence of dinosaurs.

I'm no expert either....

BUT

there actually is.

The bible says the behemoth was created at the same time as man. However, with carbon dating, we can tell that dinosaurs became extinct about 65 million years before man evolved to the Homo Sapien stage of existence. This is a direct contradiction. The bible also states that man existed from the beginning of creation which we now know is also oviously untrue.

I had a disagreement with some of them a fair few years back.

There were a couple that used to canvas our area, and one night they came along as a family unit, mother, father and son. I asked them what made them feel that they had the right to inflict me with their views by coming to my door. I stated that I felt heart sorry for their young lad as he would know nothing other than this life, fathers response was "oh, he is not our son...." At that point I let it be known that I really did not want them there and they were not to come back.

Each to their own and all that. If believing in some fictional character gets you through the day then good for you. I simply do not want a part of it. I would not dream of going to somebody elses door and telling them what I do or do not believe, I wish they felt the same way.

I'm no expert either....

BUT

there actually is.

The bible says the behemoth was created at the same time as man. However, with carbon dating, we can tell that dinosaurs became extinct about 65 million years before man evolved to the Homo Sapien stage of existence. This is a direct contradiction. The bible also states that man existed from the beginning of creation which we now know is also oviously untrue.

Strangely enough there was a documentary on the national geographic channel recently. With recent excavations on large plains (in I think America) where they had found remains human and dinosaur as well as arrow/spearheads lodged in the dinosaur bone. Which this guy figured proved man in a 'devoloped state'/dinosaur co-existed. Unfortunately I don't have a link for this though.

Oh while we are at it though, anyone going round doors or trying to force there beliefs on other people does get on my t*ts. Those harry krishna guys on princes street aswell! grrr get a feckin job!

Strangely enough there was a documentary on the national geographic channel recently. With recent excavations on large plains (in I think America) where they had found remains human and dinosaur as well as arrow/spearheads lodged in the dinosaur bone. Which this guy figured proved man in a 'devoloped state'/dinosaur co-existed. Unfortunately I don't have a link for this though.

Would be interested to read more on that.

turnkey1874

"Amazing Grace"

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound

That sav?d a wretch like me!

I once was lost, but now am found,

Was blind, but now I see.

?Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,

And grace my fears reliev?d;

How precious did that grace appear,

The hour I first believ?d!

Thro? many dangers, toils and snares,

I have already come;

?Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,

And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promis?d good to me,

His word my hope secures;

He will my shield and portion be,

As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,

And mortal life shall cease;

I shall possess, within the veil,

A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,

The sun forbear to shine;

But God, who call?d me here below,

Will be forever mine.

ToadKiller Dog
Would be interested to read more on that.

I subscribe to the british Archeology magazine (as its a hobby of mine sad bloke i am) and regularly read other magazines of the same type aswell as the new scientist and focus ,i am sure if such a high profile discovery was found it would be mainstream news and would make even the tabloids ,unless there was some major conspiracy on the go.

I subscribe to the british Archeology magazine (as its a hobby of mine sad bloke i am) and regularly read other magazines of the same type aswell as the new scientist and focus ,i am sure if such a high profile discovery was found it would be mainstream news and would make even the tabloids ,unless there was some major conspiracy on the go.

So you don't believe it either then.

It doesn't sound feasible that we would have missed such a bold discovery.

I definately watched the programme, maybe I've missed something but I assure you I'm not lying. Archaelogy/History is also an interest of mine. I often read up on it and watch alot of documentaries.

Maybe the bloke doesn't have sufficient evidence yet? As the programme was about his discovery/excavation. But that was the general gist of it.

'Dinosaurs' are mentioned in some old versions of the bible as the translators in the middle ages did not know the actual creature mentioned. They have another term in later translations.

However if you don't want 'Jesus freaks' at your door just say no.

It would save you coming on here posting about it.

If you have questions re the bible first read it and then ask, someone will have an answer - maybe.

'Dinosaurs' are mentioned in some old versions of the bible as the translators in the middle ages did not know the actual creature mentioned. They have another term in later translations.

However if you don't want 'Jesus freaks' at your door just say no.

It would save you coming on here posting about it.

If you have questions re the bible first read it and then ask, someone will have an answer - maybe.

I read the bible at High School actually.

If you don't like my posts or threads don't read them.

edit - and the word dinosaur was not invented until the 19th century. There are 37 references to dragons, some fire-breathing, is that what you are referring to?

I had the Freaky god botherers at the door yesterday...Man, His wife and a kid about 3 or 4 years old. They were about to start they're s**** when I asked if I could ask a question, "I asked if they're daughter was knocked down by a car and required a Blood transfusion, would they allow it?"

"It would be in Gods hands" was the answer...I said to the wee girl "I was sorry they were her parents" and closed the door...These people make me sick...Surely in a situation like this, the desicion should be taken away from them...It's legalised murder!! :mad:

maroonlegions

The Followers Of Nimrod's

Secret Sect Versus The

People Of Abraham

By Benjamin Fulford

6-14-8

When I was invited to join the Freemasons at the highest level last year, I was told that it was the year 5773, which was 6 years older than the Jewish calendar date of 5767. They told me there was no God and that they were God. They said there were 13 steps in Freemasonry above the 33rd degree. That also corresponds with 13 sacred bloodlines. The implication of this is that the Jewish people have been slaves to an inbred group of families for 5768 years.

There is evidence for this in the old testament of the Bible and in the writings of the Roman historian Jesophus. It seems they have used smoke and mirrors to fool their slaves for a long time. We remember how the bible says Moses turned the Nile red as blood and poisonous. Well, according to Josephus they dumped toxic red rock (possibly containing mercury?) into the Nile. The poisoning of the water would have caused the frogs to flee the river as also reported in the bible. Similarly the poisoning of the irrigation waters would have caused crop failure and therefore trigger a plague of locusts etc.

So, it would seem they have been staging 911 type events for a long time. With this in mind, let us look at Exodus 19:

"Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel: 'You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself. Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.'

My translation: you will be my senior slaves. Exodus 19 also contains evidence of more smoke and mirrors: "Behold, I come to you in the thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and believe you forever." Well, smoke anyway.

Exodus continues as follows:

For on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. You shall set bounds for the people all around, saying, 'Take heed to yourselves that you donot go up to the mountain or touch its base. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death. Not a hand shall touch him, but he shall surely be stoned or shot with an arrow;whether man or beast, he shall not live.' When the ram's horn sounds long, they shall come near the mountain."

So an almighty God with unlimited control of the universe needs to use arrows and stones to keep people from finding out his secret (ie that he was just an old patriarch with a beard) and a ram's horn to announce his presence.

Here is more of Exodus:

"Then it came to pass on the third day, in the morning, that there were thunderings and lightnings, and a thick cloud on the mountain; and the sound of the trumpet was very loud, so that all the people who were in the camp tremble. And Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. Now Mount Sinai was completely in smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire. Its smoke ascended like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain quaked greatly. And when the blast of the trumpet sounded long and became louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God answered him by voice."Go down and warn the people, lest they break through to gaze at the LORD, and many of them perish. Also let the priests who come near the LORD consecrate themselves, lest the LORD break out against them."

So only the high priests and Moses were allowed in on the secret of God. It sounds like this was the first Bilderberg meeting doesn't it?

We know the Israelites were monument builders for the Pharaoh. We know that Freemasonry is linked to stonemasons. We also know from many sources that the Rothschilds consider themselves to be descendants of Nimrod. Other sources (eg "William Josiah Sutton, The Illuminati 666, 198) note that Nimrod was the first to teach the arts of masonry as in the tower of Babel.

We also know that Nimrod was associated with Ba'al or Molech. We also know that Abraham confronted Nimrod about his blasphemous worship of Molech (eg terrorism illuminati p 24).

The bible contains many passages warning about this. Including this one:

Jeremiah 32.35: "And they built the high places of the Ba'al, which are in the valley of Ben-hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire Mo'lech; which I did not command them, nor did it come into my mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin."

So, what appears to have happened is that the job of God passed on through the descendants of Abraham was usurped, through an organization known as the Knights Templars, by descendants of Nimrod, ie the Rothschilds. Molech is a figure that looks much like the devil of folklore.

Molech

So, there is to this day, unknown to most of the Jews or other peoples, an actual job of God and furthermore, this job has been taken over by devil or Molech worshippers.

The freemasons who rise through ever greater hurdles to the top thinking they are serving God only find out the bait and switch when they get to the very top and there is no escape.

That is why the rest of the world looks on the West as a slave society.

There are now numerous eye-witness reports that to this day they still sacrifice children to Molech. One senior CIA source and one in the NSA have personally confirmed this to me. Recall a news item from the Sunday Times on Feb 11, 1998 that the mutilated bodies of six children and four adults were found in the basement of Benjamin Franklin's house.

The events of 911 and the continuing campaign to turn the EU into a centralized dictatorship represent an attempt by these people to cement their control forever before the enslaved Westerners wake up.

If I were them, I would be very scared now that their scam has been exposed. However, since these people were born into that system and had no choice but to go along, I suggest we get them to appear before a truth and reconciliation committee and then grant them amnesty as long as they agree to step down peacefully, gracefully and honourably. Otherwise, we will have to hunt them all down and exterminate them and their seed for the rest of time. Their plan to enslave humanity forever must not and will not be allowed to be carried out forever, period.

i would have gave them this to read and the address of a good shrink.:rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth

When I read the title of this thread "Jesus freaks at my door" I thought for a minute he had actually turned up at your door and threw a wobbly, possibly you were due him 2 loaves of bread and half a dozen fish from a previous life and he'd finally caught up with you :confused:

ToadKiller Dog
I definately watched the programme, maybe I've missed something but I assure you I'm not lying. Archaelogy/History is also an interest of mine. I often read up on it and watch alot of documentaries.

Maybe the bloke doesn't have sufficient evidence yet? As the programme was about his discovery/excavation. But that was the general gist of it.

I dont think you are lying but your memory of the programme may be wrong.

Like in science ,archeology discoveries are put up to peer review and stringent tests such a discovery even if not proved yet would have gained notice and debate.

I do know sometimes on a dig (never been on a dinosaur dig myself) you can get over excited and see things as they are not after a second look ,there is also a history of bad archeology in the past and still on occasions today when people are looking for things that fit there own view rather than a scientific look,the nazis (them again ) were good at this and it was also common amongst Zionist historians and archaeologists in the early years of modern Israel which thankfully many good israeli experts are fighting against that past.

There are a good many archaeologists who are deeply religious but rebuff the bible as a literal book.

If you are into history/archeology i would advise to read Francis Pryors books

Britian BC,AD gives an easy read into the early history of humans on these islands and how archeology works and has adapted over the years.

I'm a Jesus freak, JWs and Mormons are not Christians as they do not worship Jesus, they don't recognise Jesus as God, equal to the Father in every way, a central tenant of Christian theology.

I'm a Jesus freak and I don't believe in a literal six day creation, 6000 years ago, 4004 BC(E), 23rd October, about 9.30 in the morning to be precise. (I have been somewhat surprised in recent weeks by the number of intelligent and considered Christian friends of mine who would assert a young earth theory and a literal creation. I really didn't think they still existed outside of bible belt of the US)

I'm a Jesus freak who reads the bible and believes what it says, but also understands that the bible is made up of stories, songs, poetry and interpretations of actual events. For example in the story of Adam and Eve and the forbidden fruit (known as the fall, the first time mankind disobeyed God and sin entered the world) the point is not whether it happened, but that it happens. Man acts in a selfish, sinful way on a regular basis. Putting himself first and turning away from God's ideal for his life.

I'm a Jesus freak and (controversial this one, sorry brothers, esp Jalbo) I'm not convinced that unrepentant sinners go to hell for all eternity, otherwise why would redemption in Christ offer the gift of eternal life? What's the opposite of eternal life? It's either eternal death or finite life, I don't think eternal life in hell is an option.

I'm a Jesus freak and I fully understand the need to get out and spread the good news about the offer of forgiveness that Jesus makes. Are you weighed down with guilt? Do you struggle with your lifestyle? Have you done wrong things, hurt people, acted selfishly and does the guilt eat you up? Do you prefer to ignore it, put it behind you, pretend it never happened, but avoid looking at yourself, really going to those dark places in the back of your mind? Jesus offers a way out, He says, today, now, that you can give it up. Matthew 11:28,29 says "come to me, all who are weary, I will give you rest. My yoke is easy, my burden is light, learn from me". That's good news that I want to share. I don't knock on people's doors though, perhaps I should...

I'm a Jesus freak because I know what a difference Jesus has made in my life. That's how I know it's real, it's not a delusion, it's not a vague hope, it's a real way of life and it's good.

I'm a Jesus freak because Jesus loves me. He loves you too... He's not in love with you...

Here's a couple of interesting things...

If you believe in evolution and no God then the world as a system must be at the most perfect and evolved place it can be at this moment in time. People must be more highly evolved than their ancient ancestors, better adapted, smarter and stronger. Maybe 8,000 years of history is not enough to make a comparison, regardless, the world must be exactly as it's supposed to be right now.

Christians assert that the world is not as it should be, that it has gone wrong, that the human race (in particular, but less specifically all of creation) has become broken and perverse.

Which world view feels more accurate?

If you believe in evolution and no God then the world as a system must be at the most perfect and evolved place it can be at this moment in time. People must be more highly evolved than their ancient ancestors, better adapted, smarter and stronger. Maybe 8,000 years of history is not enough to make a comparison, regardless, the world must be exactly as it's supposed to be right now.

Christians assert that the world is not as it should be, that it has gone wrong, that the human race (in particular, but less specifically all of creation) has become broken and perverse.

Surely, a bit vague with the options?

Evolution is battle for survival, we are the strongest species on the planet at this moment in time. I'm not a scientist by any means, but I'm guessing the planet has never had such a dominant species before. That doesn't mean it's perfect.

What I do think is happening, is technology is allowing us to progress beyond natural evolution.

I had the Freaky god botherers at the door yesterday...Man, His wife and a kid about 3 or 4 years old. They were about to start they're s**** when I asked if I could ask a question, "I asked if they're daughter was knocked down by a car and required a Blood transfusion, would they allow it?"

"It would be in Gods hands" was the answer...I said to the wee girl "I was sorry they were her parents" and closed the door...These people make me sick...Surely in a situation like this, the desicion should be taken away from them...It's legalised murder!! :mad:

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/19819/jehovah-s-witnesses-31&rel=NOFOLLOW

In god's hands.

PS - In the case of minors, the decision is taken away from them by means of a court order (if necessary). And quite rightly too.

ToadKiller Dog

Thats a false choice as evolution does not stand still in time it is in constant flux and it does not argue at all that it is about constant change to make better and stronger to find perfection ,Evolution is not about the strongest surviving its about adapting to nature ,the environment,,culture etc.

the common moth adapted itself in the grime of the industrial revolution in british cities to a darker wing colour to make it harder to be caught by birds while its country version stayed a lighter colour ,since our cities are not as grimey it has reverted back to a lighter wing shade.

Darwin never argued that the strongest,fittest always win.

Evolution does not argue that the modern human is more advanced than earlier humans ( homosapiens ) it argues that that the human adapts and changes, recent studies on early human remains point to our brains being much the same,you can see the changes caused by modern diets obesity for example ,the Internet has caused a change in the evolution of humans.

The world in fact the universe is in constant flux.

Bindy Badgy
If you believe in evolution and no God then the world as a system must be at the most perfect and evolved place it can be at this moment in time. People must be more highly evolved than their ancient ancestors, better adapted, smarter and stronger.

I think we are de-evolving at the moment. A few hundred years ago I wouldn't of been able to survive as my eyesight is so appallingly bad. With modern technology I can survive and pass my defective genes on.

Perfect in terms of what? If you mean perfect in terms of each lifeform perfectly adapted to survive in it's own environment, then perfection will be reached in some cases where the environment is so isolated or remains unchanged for eons. Many lifeforms will not reach their perfect stage of evolution because their environment will change causing them to constantly evolve and remain in a state of flux. Or did you mean perfect as in heavenly where all men are equal, there is no war or poverty and everyone is happy in their lives?

By using the word supposed, you suggest that the world was created by something that had a plan. I disagree that the world was created by a being and would suggest it was probably made by natural occurring phenomena with no plan, no intention and no higher state of being so the word supposed is not relevant.

I'm a Jesus freak, JWs and Mormons are not Christians as they do not worship Jesus, they don't recognise Jesus as God, equal to the Father in every way, a central tenant of Christian theology.

I'm a Jesus freak and I don't believe in a literal six day creation, 6000 years ago, 4004 BC(E), 23rd October, about 9.30 in the morning to be precise. (I have been somewhat surprised in recent weeks by the number of intelligent and considered Christian friends of mine who would assert a young earth theory and a literal creation. I really didn't think they still existed outside of bible belt of the US)

I'm a Jesus freak who reads the bible and believes what it says, but also understands that the bible is made up of stories, songs, poetry and interpretations of actual events. For example in the story of Adam and Eve and the forbidden fruit (known as the fall, the first time mankind disobeyed God and sin entered the world) the point is not whether it happened, but that it happens. Man acts in a selfish, sinful way on a regular basis. Putting himself first and turning away from God's ideal for his life.

I'm a Jesus freak and (controversial this one, sorry brothers, esp Jalbo) I'm not convinced that unrepentant sinners go to hell for all eternity, otherwise why would redemption in Christ offer the gift of eternal life? What's the opposite of eternal life? It's either eternal death or finite life, I don't think eternal life in hell is an option.

I'm a Jesus freak and I fully understand the need to get out and spread the good news about the offer of forgiveness that Jesus makes. Are you weighed down with guilt? Do you struggle with your lifestyle? Have you done wrong things, hurt people, acted selfishly and does the guilt eat you up? Do you prefer to ignore it, put it behind you, pretend it never happened, but avoid looking at yourself, really going to those dark places in the back of your mind? Jesus offers a way out, He says, today, now, that you can give it up. Matthew 11:28,29 says "come to me, all who are weary, I will give you rest. My yoke is easy, my burden is light, learn from me". That's good news that I want to share. I don't knock on people's doors though, perhaps I should...

I'm a Jesus freak because I know what a difference Jesus has made in my life. That's how I know it's real, it's not a delusion, it's not a vague hope, it's a real way of life and it's good.

I'm a Jesus freak because Jesus loves me. He loves you too... He's not in love with you...

Genuine questions, not taking the ****, but please forgive the tone, I find this subject difficult to keep cool over.

How do you justify the clear contradictions between areas of the Bible. For example, the God in the old testament is, frankly, an awful awful being, killing people for little reason and demanding sacrfice, compared with the kind forgiving god of the New Testament?

Also, the clear contradictions between the "synoptic" gospels themselves?

How can you claim that the bible is the word of god when it advocates acts and principles you cannot possibly subscribe to? For example, there is a passage in there which says something along the lines of, 'keeping a slave is acceptable as long as he/she is released after 7 years of service'.....? Not to mention the various sacrifices and massacres god demands, particularly in the old testament....

I also cant understand this ability of people to pick and choose which parts of the bible to accept. Surely, if this is the word of god, it must all be right or all be wrong. If you start picking what to believe, you may as well throw it out the window. It is hypocritical to say love thy neighbour (which incidentally does not mean neighbour in its current usage, but fellow jew), and then be against the slaughter of non believers....

I could go on all day......

Archived