Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SectionN

Sean Clare

Recommended Posts

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

When he starts performing to SPL level he will get our backing

 

No, he won't.

 

It was the same with Djoum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

No, he won't.

 

It was the same with Djoum.

A young lad who played alongside this "icon" despite a few misplayed passes which is understandable, got us back into the game before HT which was needed.

 

I'm not seeing this "Clare controlled the midfield against a lower div side" whatsoever

 

I really hope this guy is nowhere near centre mid when "broonie and the like" come calling

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

A young lad who played alongside this "icon" despite a few misplayed passes which is understandable, got us back into the game before HT which was needed.

 

I'm not seeing this "Clare controlled the midfield against a lower div side" whatsoever

 

I really hope this guy is nowhere near centre mid when "broonie and the like" come calling

 

 

 

Bottling your argument by chucking hyperbolic nonsense like "icon". 

 

Won his fair share of tackles, moved the ball quickly from back to front (notice our attacking threat dissipated when we stopped going through him and resorting to the Berra punt in the 2nd half?), made a couple of interceptions and scored his penalty.

 

Aye, he was shite right enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

Bottling your argument by chucking hyperbolic nonsense like "icon". 

 

Won his fair share of tackles, moved the ball quickly from back to front (notice our attacking threat dissipated when we stopped going through him and resorting to the Berra punt in the 2nd half?), made a couple of interceptions and scored his penalty.

 

Aye, he was shite right enough.

I would love Clare to shove my comments anywhere you like after our first few games into the league campaign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

Bottling your argument by chucking hyperbolic nonsense like "icon". 

 

Won his fair share of tackles, moved the ball quickly from back to front (notice our attacking threat dissipated when we stopped going through him and resorting to the Berra punt in the 2nd half?), made a couple of interceptions and scored his penalty.

 

Aye, he was shite right enough.

As the debate goes on you can go into different angles of argument which probably becomes unfair. 

 

If we are to be critical its hard to ignore a slow start from him. Plenty misplaced passes, too late getting to his man but he settled and I think it was a mixed bag.

 

Surely an element of football is seeing what’s ahead of you and gauging how a player may stand up against more physical, faster opponents?  Im not putting other spl midfields up on a pedestal but they’ll be quicker closing down and more physical than a 1st division team. 

 

Personally sceptical as to whether Clare will last in a proper centre midfield role? Can see him being moved again, probably to just behind the strikers or rotating with Walker. 

Edited by Debut 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

I would love Clare to shove my comments anywhere you like after our first few games into the league campaign

 

I would love people on Kickback to show some kind of perspective when discussing certain players.

 

First game in a new position, in a difficult game, alongside a young player and they both did well. "NAW, HE"S SHITE THO, EH?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

This thread very much sums up Hearts fans and this place. Clare done a good job, not a great job but after a one all draw at home to lower league opposition, no one can claim to have been any better than good. Clare constantly looked for the ball, dropped deep to get it, chased and closed down and never once hide or shyed away from a tackle or his role. The midfield was outnumbered last night and neither him or Irving effected the game as they would’ve liked but Clare defo never hide or played badly. With a change in shape and better movement ahead of him I think he’ll be fine in their. Let’s not forget that he would’ve been asked to guide Irving through the game as well. Good performance and showed enough to suggest we continue with him in the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
Just now, Debut 4 said:

As the debate goes on you can go into different angles of argument which probably becomes unfair. 

 

If we are to be critical its hard to ignore a slow start from him. Plenty misplaced passes, too late getting to his man but he settled and I think it was a mixed bag.

 

Surely an element of football is seeing what’s ahead of you and gauging how a player may stand up against more physical, faster opponents?  In not putting other spl midfields up on a pedestal but they’ll be quicker closing down and more physical than a 1st division team. 

 

Personally sceptical as to whether Clare will last in a proper centre midfield role? Can see him being moved again, probably to just behind the strikers or rotating with Walker. 

 

If you look at our pattern of play in the first half, he was on the ball plenty, drove it out of our half and moved it on quickly. We looked dangerous during this period. Not that it was all down to him. But you can't ignore the fact we looked considerably less threatening when we didn't go through him in the 2nd half.

 

It's also worth remembering that he played in a midfield two last night. That won't happen much as the season gets going. Watch him with someone like Haring beside him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

This thread very much sums up Hearts fans and this place. Clare done a good job, not a great job but after a one all draw at home to lower league opposition, no one can claim to have been any better than good. Clare constantly looked for the ball, dropped deep to get it, chased and closed down and never once hide or shyed away from a tackle or his role. The midfield was outnumbered last night and neither him or Irving effected the game as they would’ve liked but Clare defo never hide or played badly. With a change in shape and better movement ahead of him I think he’ll be fine in their. Let’s not forget that he would’ve been asked to guide Irving through the game as well. Good performance and showed enough to suggest we continue with him in the middle. 

I didn't see this outnumbered scenario mate

United sat deep after they scored and it was up to Hearts to dictate play.

This should have suited Clare, because I do not fancy him when better sides have players running at him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I didn't see this outnumbered scenario mate

United sat deep after they scored and it was up to Hearts to dictate play.

This should have suited Clare, because I do not fancy him when better sides have players running at him

They played 5 in the midfield so always had a man spare. He wasn’t fantastic, no one was, but I thought he done enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

No, he won't.

 

It was the same with Djoum.

 

Will get 100% backing when leave 100% effort every single minute of every single game. That was Djoums failing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DH1986

Andy Irving showed a lot more promise in that midfield two than Sean Clare did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...