Sean Clare

SectionN

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Surely a joke?

Im not meaning permanently I just mean as he is an experienced centre mid which would help Clare out more than Irving or Cochrane might

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clerry Jambo

• Phil Dunphy

• Mr Elwood P

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Class of 75
8 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Midfield 3 of Irving, Haring and Clare would get the best out of the 3 of them. Irving as the passer, Haring sitting and Clare box to box.

Would free up 2 of Walker/Naismith/Mulraney to play further forward closer to either Washington/Uche.

Good idea but sorry to say Clare is not a patch on Sir Paul. 

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Im not meaning permanently I just mean as he is an experienced centre mid which would help Clare out more than Irving or Cochrane might

Of all the cm's on our books lee is tge last one id be pairing with clare

I thought Clare did ok last night. Very hard to judge any player in those conditions. Great assist for Irving’s goal. 

Clare played well in the middle. Won tackles, always looking for the ball, well positioned and keen to get the ball forward at any given opportunity. The dominance displayed by the team wouldn’t have been as obvious as it was, had he been ineffective as some suggest. He certainly played his part in that regard. He will benefit from an enforcer beside him, such as Haring. 

Edited by MattyK82

Defo looks more suited to centre mid. I though he was good but would defo be looking for a lot more from him. Would say Irving was a lot more involved and was the one always looking to get on the ball and make things happen.  

Worthing Jambo

Just needs Berra and Souttar to trust him a bit more.

He showed for a pass but they wouldn’t give it to him as there were opponents close by.

i dont think that fazes him or any of the young lads for that matter.

A bit of patience and we could have a cracking team👍

16 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Good idea but sorry to say Clare is not a patch on Sir Paul. 

I agree but not many are

13 minutes ago, H2 said:

Massive improvement on the previous incumbent who managed three or four good games last season.

One obvious improvement is that he gave away far, far fewer stupid, ill-timed or niggly fouls. Agree with H2.

I thought he was really poor and was shown up by the much better footballer alongside him.

If he is our main man in midfield this season I’ll be very disappointed.

Mr Elwood P

Might actually be the best penalty taker I’ve seen in maroon. Does his wee side step and then sends it bottom corner. Long way to go to match the numbers of Cameron, Hartley and Presley but he’s got the technique, for sure.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

I thought he was really poor and was shown up by the much better footballer alongside him.

Which aspects of his game were ‘really poor’? 

grumpyespana
43 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I thought he played okay but he was poor with his free kick deliveries.

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

The lack of basic football knowledge on here is staggering once again. 

Clare played extremely well last night, won tackles in areas that are crucial and worked tirelessly, its midfield, you lose some, you win some, he dominated his position hence the game was dominated by Hearts. His positive impact on the game was immense and again steps up to take responsibility and score the 1st penalty. 

I'm really not sure what else the boy can do to please some in our support.

I thought he played OK however where is the magic that he is capable of. We rarely see the flashes of brilliance that he can do which for me is disappointing. Clare has to get more consistent in my opinion 

rambothejambo
3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

The lack of basic football knowledge on here is staggering once again. 

Clare played extremely well last night, won tackles in areas that are crucial and worked tirelessly, its midfield, you lose some, you win some, he dominated his position hence the game was dominated by Hearts. His positive impact on the game was immense and again steps up to take responsibility and score the 1st penalty. 

I'm really not sure what else the boy can do to please some in our support.

Well said AD, at last a post from someone who knows the game. The number of so called Hearts supporters who seem to want certain players to fail is pathetic. Everyone who pulls on that famous maroon jersey should receive 100% from all of us.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Groatallar said:

I thought he played OK however where is the magic that he is capable of. We rarely see the flashes of brilliance that he can do which for me is disappointing. Clare has to get more consistent in my opinion 

He is 22! We’ve got 3 or 4 years until he reaches his peak. He could be a sensational player by then. Definitely one of the most naturally gifted players at the club. Won the ball back with a very good tackle which initiated the phase of play leading up to our equaliser. Folk need to be patient.

Clare was posted  missing in too much of the game last night. He wasn’t finding space to receive a pass or making runs at their defence. If that’s his best against a team from the championship god help us. Has Clare got the finess such as the stamina & engine

i don’t think so. He is your typical flatters to deceive.

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He was feeble in the cup final and I’d get rid of him.

The backheel to lay it on a plate for Edwards?

6 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Couldn’t make game last night so was interested to read how Clare got on in CM. Still none the wiser after reading the thread :laugh:

He was OK not great not shite.

KyleLafferty

The problem with Clare is the hype he came with. Hype he never asked for.

I thought he played well last night, in fact everyone did. The only player who gives me fear is Berra. His clearance for their goal was shocking.

Not for me, I don't think he's good enough.

Craig Levein said when he arrived, that he could be as good as Colin Cameron,

NOT A CHANCE!!!!

I thought he played well last night numerous occasions he nipped the ball away from a Dundee United players feet. He nearly scored after nipping the ball away in the first half. I also remember a cross blocking tackle in the second half that prevented a potential goal.

jamboiain13
16 hours ago, SectionN said:

Played in the middle of the park tonight and was always keen to get on the ball and pass the ball about. Seemed a bit more confident. Hopefully he can kick on as I genuinely believe he will come onto a game.

Comparing him with Djoum I think Sean Clare needs to be demanding the ball when looking for it in the middle and he has the ability to drive forward and create havoc.  Really wish he would stand up and be counted some times as I like him but effort seems a bit lacking at times

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I thought Clare did ok last night. Very hard to judge any player in those conditions. Great assist for Irving’s goal. 

I agree, but would add that v Dundee Utd I really want him to be standing out. 

Love people who say not a patch on Sir Paul or Cameron. 

Paul was pants when first joined us. The thing Paul got was removed from the team to help him.  Clare couldn’t be last season due to the injuries to the team, otherwise he would’ve played few and far between games.  

Judge Clare after 15/20 games this season. Then it would be justified.

Do find it funny the variation of evaluations of Clare last night, some say class, some say crap! Just shows you everyone looks for different things from a player.

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

His touch. His passing. His shooting. His crossing.

That enough for you ?

1 hour ago, rmreido said:

Not for me, I don't think he's good enough.

Craig Levein said when he arrived, that he could be as good as Colin Cameron,

NOT A CHANCE!!!!

More Colin Cramb than Colin Cameron.

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

That enough for you ?

Better go back and watch the game sober!

Clerry Jambo
7 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Thank feck for this post

Clerry Jambo
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

The problem with Clare is the hype he came with. Hype he never asked for.

I thought he played well last night, in fact everyone did. The only player who gives me fear is Berra. His clearance for their goal was shocking.

It was but to suggest Berra gives you the fear is typical of this place at the moment. Unbelievable 

Thought he done well considering it was a new position for him in a team that hasnt played together much. I think people forget his age and it hasnt helped how much CL rated him before he even kicked a ball for us. Remember PH was 26/27 when he joined us and 22 when he joined Hibs. We can only dream he turns out to be a player as good as PH was for us.

Slating the guy every week isnt going to help but some of our support just like a moan about everything.

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

By late September I expect him to be out of the first choice 11,  if being honest. 

Presume you mean Clare 

gashauskis9
31 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

By late September I expect him to be out of the first choice 11,  if being honest. 

By late September I reckon he’ll be one of our top scorers.  Just think of all the pens Mulraney and Walker are going to win!

In all seriousness, having attacking players in front of him will bring his game on.  I think he’ll be brilliant this season for us.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

That enough for you ?

FTH

KyleLafferty
40 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It was but to suggest Berra gives you the fear is typical of this place at the moment. Unbelievable 

Tell me the last time he’s had a good game? Even hickey was telling him not to punt it last night 😂

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Tell me the last time he’s had a good game? Even hickey was telling him not to punt it last night 😂

Well if you seriously believe Clare will be a bigger asset than Berra at this moment in time, I give up!

We all want Clare to be "the man" but its not happening

I am not a fan of Clare -  thought he was very poor for vast majority of last season. 

That said, I did see a few signs yesterday that he could be an asset as a central midfielder.  We still require at least 1 quality player in there but Clare could develop. He is still a long way off however. 

Edited by bistokid

Phil Dunphy

I said it months ago. Some people have an issue with Sean Clare and it isn't his footballing ability.

Boy can do no right in the eyes of the Kickback Mourinhos.

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I said it months ago. Some people have an issue with Sean Clare and it isn't his footballing ability.

Boy can do no right in the eyes of the Kickback Mourinhos.

When he starts performing to SPL level he will get our backing