Pans Jambo

13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Some weirdos amongst the booers - Jimmy Crankies am no playin face also embarrassing for a supposed politician 

Some weirdo, were you there?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Victorian

• Cade

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Probably he/she was there.

Lying in puddles for Boris to walk on. 

The man who tells us he will do everything to avoid a no deal Brexit then refuses to meet any EU leaders unless they renounce the backstop

He accuses the EU of sabotaging the exit..more and more we see Trump like behaviour from Boris..blaming someone else and hoping the truth will be lost in the shouting and hysteria

He really is a fly by night chancer

PS not much from our Brexiteers at the moment..coming to their senses at the last minute ? 

No deal was never part of it and as has been stated before many did not know or understand what they were voting for unless it was to stop immigration and take back our freedom !!..where have we heard that before

Edited by CJGJ

Francis Albert
55 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The man who tells us he will do everything to avoid a no deal Brexit then refuses to meet any EU leaders unless they renounce the backstop

He accuses the EU of sabotaging the exit..more and more we see Trump like behaviour from Boris..blaming someone else and hoping the truth will be lost in the shouting and hysteria

He really is a fly by night chancer

PS not much from our Brexiteers at the moment..coming to their senses at the last minute ? 

No deal was never part of it and as has been stated before many did not know or understand what they were voting for unless it was to stop immigration and take back our freedom !!..where have we heard that before

To be fair the EU refused to even  start negotiating until we accepted the back stop and the £39bn divorce bill. 

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

To be fair the EU refused to even  start negotiating until we accepted the back stop and the £39bn divorce bill. 

The very need for a backstop - intended to prevent a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic - was one of the first things both the EU and UK agreed was essential in the Brexit negotiations. But after negotiations faltered time and again over the details of the backstop, the complexity of the issue became ever more evident. After a deal was finally reached, the backstop still posed the biggest threat to Theresa May and her ability to get the deal passed through UK Parliament, forcing her back to Brussels to renegotiate

Seems it was not a pre requisite FA

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The very need for a backstop - intended to prevent a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic - was one of the first things both the EU and UK agreed was essential in the Brexit negotiations. But after negotiations faltered time and again over the details of the backstop, the complexity of the issue became ever more evident. After a deal was finally reached, the backstop still posed the biggest threat to Theresa May and her ability to get the deal passed through UK Parliament, forcing her back to Brussels to renegotiate

Seems it was not a pre requisite FA

Not sure what the source for this is. My recollection is that a backstop to avoid a risk of a so called hard border and the size of the divorce bill were preconditions required by the EU for even starting negotiation of the transition agreement let alone substantive discussion of the future UK/EU relationship.

The UK concession on these was a disastrous start to the negotiations.

Well except for remainers of course.

Cruyff Turn
7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Theresa May has bigger baws than Nicola Sturgeon. 

I wouldn’t disagree. 

Montgomery Brewster
10 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Some weirdos amongst the booers - Jimmy Crankies am no playin face also embarrassing for a supposed politician 

Yes I noticed that as well. Quite disappointed in her - all visiting foreign heads of state should be welcomed equally. 

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The backstop was a UK invention.

5 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Theresa May has bigger baws than Nicola Sturgeon. 

Why she hunches when she walks.

11 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

:vrface: Jimmy Crankie

Unknown user
11 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The cluster**** state of politics in the UK and that's what you find embarrassing?

:cornette:

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The cluster**** state of politics in the UK and that's what you find embarrassing?

Seeing as the top trending Twitter hashtag in the UK was #BackDoorBoris for a while, the only people who'd find it embarrassing is the type of utter wank that should be on your ignore list. Your life would be better for it.

The Mighty Thor

I see in the torygraph this morning that Mooth has 'made her peace' with Boris. 

Good to see a strong woman of principle sticking to her guns. 

Unknown user
30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Seeing as the top trending Twitter hashtag in the UK was #BackDoorBoris for a while, the only people who'd find it embarrassing is the type of utter wank that should be on your ignore list. Your life would be better for it.

I used to have loads of people on ignore but I had a big amnesty a few months ago, it's been enlightening!

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I used to have loads of people on ignore but I had a big amnesty a few months ago, it's been enlightening!

"Enlightening" :lol: I suppose it's all relative.

Unknown user
Just now, Justin Z said:

"Enlightening" :lol: I suppose it's all relative.

Yeah, I really couldn't find the right word. ******* mental?

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The backstop was a UK invention.

See Zlatanable's post just above. I also distinctly recall Ulysses at the time praising the EU for coming up with the   "solution" to the border issue which the UK had been unable to do.

jack D and coke

Is it just because they’re reporting a bit more from NI atm that it looks and feels like it’s about to kick off again or has it always been a bit like that since TGFA? Watched a bit last night and there was signs up on lampposts threatening you’ll be shot if anyone gave evidence to that young girl getting shot and killed a few months back. 

I honestly think I’d do all I could to get out of that place and move to a civilisation. What a shithole. 

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Is it just because they’re reporting a bit more from NI atm that it looks and feels like it’s about to kick off again or has it always been a bit like that since TGFA? Watched a bit last night and there was signs up on lampposts threatening you’ll be shot if anyone gave evidence to that young girl getting shot and killed a few months back. 

I honestly think I’d do all I could to get out of that place and move to a civilisation. What a shithole. 

You mean the respected journalist and writer?

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

You mean the respected journalist and writer?

She was a journalist I think yeah. What are you getting at here?

If we didn't have the backstop (which is an insurance policy), what is the credible alternative?

This sounds to me like an excuse to blame the EU for crashing out,  which for some domestic and foreign players, was the plan all along. 

There is no alternative to the backstop.

It's simply a legal mechanism that prevents one side of the GFA breaching it.

The swivel-eyed loons have had since 1997 to come up with a plan for a seamless Irish border and they haven't got a scoobie other than "some kind of technology will do it".

The last proposal I heard was to form a special "not really UK but not really EU special economic zone" stretching 20 miles on either side of the border, with customs checks being conducted at these new borders.

that way we can all pretend that there isn't a hard border on the actual border.

So, the answer to a divided Ireland and a seamless border is to make a third Ireland jammed between the other two, with two hard borders on it.

:gocompare:

52 minutes ago, Costanza said:

If we didn't have the backstop (which is an insurance policy), what is the credible alternative?

This sounds to me like an excuse to blame the EU for crashing out,  which for some domestic and foreign players, was the plan all along. 

This.

Interesting to see how much influence Steve Bannon has in all of this.  Meetings with Trump, Farage, Johnson...

The whole thing stinks, yet folk have bought it, hook, line and sinker.

Hell mend them.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

The swivel-eyed loons have had since 1997 to come up with a plan for a seamless Irish border and they haven't got a scoobie other than "some kind of technology will do it".

The last proposal I heard was to form a special "not really UK but not really EU special economic zone" stretching 20 miles on either side of the border, with customs checks being conducted at these new borders.

that way we can all pretend that there isn't a hard border on the actual border.

So, the answer to a divided Ireland and a seamless border is to make a third Ireland jammed between the other two, with two hard borders on it.

I'm not shocked to find that all of this is inaccurate.

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I seen it. Fecking scum!

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, Sarah O said:

:vrface: Jimmy Crankie

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

:cornette:

That particular roaster appears on all the political threads, says the words Jimmy Krankie, then disappears. 

She was a journalist I think yeah. What are you getting at here?

Not getting at anything my friend. Just adding to the story. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Seen that report as well, scary stuff, but not unexpected as the men & women of violence haven't gone away, they've just got older.

One of my wife's aunts lives in the North and has done so since before the troubles started, she says that whilst things are much much much better since the GFA things are not as rosy as some people would like to think that they are, she added that they don't shoot you through the kneecap now, they just use baseball bats instead nowadays.

20 years after the GFA was signed, the PSNI are still armed and still ride around in armoured land rovers, I think that tell's it's own story.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Not getting at anything my friend. Just adding to the story. 

Ok cool. Bit of a strange way to reply, sounded like you were gonna tell me something about her👍🏼

jack D and coke
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seen that report as well, scary stuff, but not unexpected as the men & women of violence haven't gone away, they've just got older.

One of my wife's aunts lives in the North and has done so since before the troubles started, she says that whilst things are much much much better since the GFA things are not as rosy as some people would like to think that they are, she added that they don't shoot you through the kneecap now, they just use baseball bats instead nowadays.

20 years after the GFA was signed, the PSNI are still armed and still ride around in armoured land rovers, I think that tell's it's own story.

Yeah there was stories of bombs being discovered under police cars and others being lured into traps. Those lads just protesting in the street and saying nothing when questioned, personally I’d just be getting myself the **** out of there and go somewhere I might enjoy my life tbh. 

Pretty mental. 

From the Guardian politics feed...(https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/jul/30/boris-johnson-prime-minister-brexit-news-warned-no-deal-brexit-could-lead-to-farmers-blocking-roads-in-protest-live-news)

In his first speech as prime minister, a week ago tomorrow, Boris Johnson declared:

The people who bet against Britain are going to lose their shirts.

But it turns out, because of the way Johnson’s government has talked up the prospect of a no deal Brexit, currency traders are doing quite well betting against Britain. At least, that’s what Jim O’Neill, the former Goldman Sachs economist and former Treasury minister, told the World at One.

Jim O’Neil, ex Goldman on @BBCWorldatOne: “A lot of big foreign exchange and hedge fund type people [are] probably looking at what’s coming out the UK as almost close to a free lunch... [A lot] are saying thank goodness for Boris, he’s giving us a chance to make some money.”

Just now, Boris said:

From the Guardian politics feed...(https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/jul/30/boris-johnson-prime-minister-brexit-news-warned-no-deal-brexit-could-lead-to-farmers-blocking-roads-in-protest-live-news)

In his first speech as prime minister, a week ago tomorrow, Boris Johnson declared:

The people who bet against Britain are going to lose their shirts.

But it turns out, because of the way Johnson’s government has talked up the prospect of a no deal Brexit, currency traders are doing quite well betting against Britain. At least, that’s what Jim O’Neill, the former Goldman Sachs economist and former Treasury minister, told the World at One.

Jim O’Neil, ex Goldman on @BBCWorldatOne: “A lot of big foreign exchange and hedge fund type people [are] probably looking at what’s coming out the UK as almost close to a free lunch... [A lot] are saying thank goodness for Boris, he’s giving us a chance to make some money.”

So, Johnson's ramblings have unwitting consequences.  Coincidence?

The Mighty Thor
47 minutes ago, Boris said:

So, Johnson's ramblings have unwitting consequences.  Coincidence?

The markets will dictate what happens. The UK is weak and is seen as being there for the taking so of course speculators are going to pile in and drive the pound through the floor.  

Johnson's arse tightening dude speech last week might fool the halfwits in the shires but traders are rubbing their hands in glee. There's blood in the water and its easy pickings on an isolated currency with a dire no-deal future in the post for 31st October, no ifs, buts or maybees regardless of the cost or consequences. 

Genius tactics right there. 

Francis Albert
9 hours ago, Cade said:

Which side would breach the GFA by introducing some form of border controls, which would not in fact breach the GFA? A hard border or indeed any sort of visible or even barely visible border would not breach the GFA but would give the gunmen and bombers the excuse to resume violence and give them more support in their "communities". It is that threat or promise which makes it necessary to make the border as invisible as it is now and so preserve the GFA (at least to the extent it is observed now - the power sharing agreement has been dormant for years). It is little to do with the actual terms of the GFA or any potential breach of those terms by the UK.

manaliveits105
8 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That particular roaster appears on all the political threads, says the words Jimmy Krankie, then disappears. 

and that’s magic !

I would recommend watching the John Oliver piece on Johnson. Hammers him against the wall then keeps going. Brilliant stuff.

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I would recommend watching the John Oliver piece on Johnson. Hammers him against the wall then keeps going. Brilliant stuff.

I shared a link to that on page 22. Not sure if anybody has seen it, but a really good piece as you say. 

10 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

9 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I shared a link to that on page 22. Not sure if anybody has seen it, but a really good piece as you say. 

Just watched it - really good.

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Carthage Geoff Tramhater

Sinn Fein saying that a no deal Brexit gives the crazies (on both sides)  a reason to start trouble .

I really didn't enjoy their news conference  earlier .

Edited by Carthage Geoff Tramhater
Spelling!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, Carthage Geoff Tramhater said:

Sinn Fein saying that a no deal Brexit gives the crazies (on both sides)  a reason to start trouble .

Home rule for Ireland, soon. I'd imagine. 

:)

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Carthage Geoff Tramhater said:

I find it strange that the failure (of both sides) to operate the power sharing agreement in NI (at the core of the GFA) has attracted relatively  little criticism but the prospect of a camera recognition camera on the border (which is not addressed at all in the GFA) gives the crazies an excuse to start trouble. And we are supposed to surrender at once to the threats of the crazies. 

Edited by Francis Albert