Martin gone

JamboAl

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, BRY said:

Good luck to him in the future.

Shame it never worked out here, but probably the best outcome for all at this stage.

I agree. Pity that some of the posters on Kickback take delight in kicking a man when he's down.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephane Grappelli

• graygo

• Mr Elwood P

• Whatever

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. The reason being he was utter shite.

You need to throw in a wee ‘lazy French’ comment here, Jonno.

:winkiss:

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Old Castle Rock said:

He must be our most expensive signing ever and luckiest to make so much money without kicking a ball 

He’s been signed for free on a modest wage. Think you need to have a wee look back at the Romanov and Robinson periods.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I'll pass on that, mon ami.  Don't want any infractions. 

:wink:

Better safe than sorry eh?

Good move.

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:lol:

when a Boro fan bursts out laughing then you know the game's up the pole.

Worth noting they were at there lowest ebb of recent times at that time (bottom of the championship). He did not me the good free kick he scored for them, though. 

Lesson hopefully learned.

Dishing out 3.5 year deals are crazy unless you are certain they are going to do a job for you.

I know he was a Cathro signing but Levein as Director of Football must have sanctuned it.

Inch Hearts
18 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I agree. Pity that some of the posters on Kickback take delight in kicking a man when he's down.

Why would he be down?  He conned his way into a 3.5 year deal on very good money.  It’s not as if he’s just been made redundant from Scotmid. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's earned a lot of money for sitting on his Jimmy Carter. Surprised the twat didn't don a yellow jacket like the other lazy fuds from that part of the world. 

He should work for French Air Traffic Control who seem to spend a fair whack of their time pissing people off by doing feck all. 

:lol: :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You need to throw in a wee lazy French’ comment here, Jonno.

:winkiss:

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's earned a lot of money for sitting on his Jimmy Carter. Surprised the twat didn't don a yellow jacket like the other lazy fuds from that part of the world.

He should work for French Air Traffic Control who seem to spend a fair whack of their time pissing people off by doing feck all. 

Boooom!!

Inch Hearts
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s been signed for free on a modest wage. Think you need to have a wee look back at the Romanov and Robinson periods.

If you look back to the other threads you will see we gave him as much as we could at 3.5 years to beat off competition offering him 2.5 years.

Modest wage Vlad terms correct, this day I wouldn’t say so regardless of you trying to belittle how much of a disaster the signing was. 

Phil Dunphy

Wish him no ill will at all. 

Actually a classy goodbye post on Instagram. 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

If you look back to the other threads you will see we gave him as much as we could at 3.5 years to beat off competition offering him 2.5 years.

Modest wage Vlad terms correct, this day I wouldn’t say so regardless of you trying to belittle how much of a disaster the signing was. 

As much as our wage structure would allow i.e. a modest wage. Zero transfer fee. Compare that to Romanov or Robinson signings where we paid a fee and much higher weekly wage and it is obvious that Martin is nowhere near our most expensive flop. Which part did you disagree with or not understand?

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

As much as our wage structure would allow i.e. a modest wage. Zero transfer fee. Compare that to Romanov or Robinson signings where we paid a fee and much higher weekly wage and it is obvious that Martin is nowhere near our most expensive flop. Which part did you disagree with or not understand?

A an extremely modest wage would be Mr Cletus signing for the future.  A  modest wage these days is the best we can afford is Naismith and Berra, modest, these days would be a wage spunked on Martin.

Who’s comparing Romanov or Pie mans?  We wasted a good wage under what we can afford on a complete dud! As we did Osh and Sammon to name the higher profile wage spunkers during this era.  It doesn’t matter if modest now means Shan compared with Janny or Takis. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

A an extremely modest wage would be Mr Cletus signing for the future.  A  modest wage these days is the best we can afford is Naismith and Berra, modest, these days would be a wage spunked on Martin.

Who’s comparing Romanov or Pie mans?  We wasted a good wage under what we can afford on a complete dud! As we did Osh and Sammon to name the higher profile wage spunkers during this era.  It doesn’t matter if modest now means Shan compared with Janny or Takis. 

You need to go back and read the message I was replying to properly. 

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You need to go back and read the message I was replying to properly. 

Yeah good point ?

Phil Dunphy
25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good for him. Probably spent the last 18 months composing it. 

Someone else's problem now. If anyone will have him. 

I don't wish him Ill, but feck me surely he could have done more to try and get a loan deal before he flopped in Fife. A footballer wants to play, not just train and be a good lad. And of course the club are culpable. But so is he.

Do you have insider knowledge about how hard he tried to get a move elsewhere?

Extremely hard to market a footballer who doesn’t play, I’d imagine. 

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Once more Sports fans, the moment MM made his mark

Thanks you, Captain Long John Silver. ?

5 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Glad he’s gone, but it’s difficult to blame him. He signed and played, then wasn’t fancied after Cathro left. Can’t blame him for taking a wage!

Will be interesting to see if he can make anything of himself elsewhere. Like Oshaniwa, it’s just difficult to imagine him doing well at any decent level. 

It was more the length of contract he was signed on that surprised me. Every player is a risk as you never know if they are going to settle etc but he just never really got a chance under CL. 

At least that is a bit more cash freed up for the transfer pot.

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Lesson hopefully learned.

Dishing out 3.5 year deals are crazy unless you are certain they are going to do a job for you.

I know he was a Cathro signing but Levein as Director of Football must have sanctuned it.

Surpised JamboAl hasn't been on your case about the highlighted comment. :lol:

Watt-Zeefuik

Nothing against Martin himself as he took a job and it didn't work out but thank f--- he's gone. What a disaster of a signing -- utterly typical of the Cathro era.

Having him gone is like a new signing itself.

48 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good for him. Probably spent the last 18 months composing it. 

Someone else's problem now. If anyone will have him. 

I don't wish him Ill, but feck me surely he could have done more to try and get a loan deal before he flopped in Fife. A footballer wants to play, not just train and be a good lad. And of course the club are culpable. But so is he.

There have been five transfer windows since Levein took over. He almost left in the first one (and Levein only took over a few days before that ended). Also almost left in the second one, and he had been out injured for months leading up to it. In the third, he went on loan. In the fourth, he agreed to shorten the length of his contract in order to facilitate a move which subsequently fell through. In the fifth window (this one), he has agreed to terminate his contract early. In the meantime, Levein has confirmed there have been no issues with his application etc., and he seems to be liked by his teammates (which doesn’t indicate he has not been putting in the effort).

In what way do you think he could have done more? Genuine question.

48 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surpised JamboAl hasn't been on your case about the highlighted comment. :lol:

Sometimes when the same old pish keeps coming round and round again you just get tired answering them.

He's obviously never been a manager in his life or he would know that you have to give your under managers their heads from time to time or you'd be just as well doing everything yourself, assuming that was even possible.

Edited by JamboAl

Stephen Muddie

:jjyay: Time for a celebratory cuppa. I'm not happy because I hate the guy or anything, it's more that I'm happy when any non-contributor GsTF and enables us to better utilise our budgets on players capable of playing for the first team.

5 hours ago, PB21 said:

Probably head back to Norweigan league or such and make impact, the pace will suit him. 

Skillful players dont have to be as fit as us Scottish people. Not saying he's that good, but some Brazilians spring to mind that didn't mind a fag before kick off....?

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Sometimes when the same old pish keeps coming round and round again you just get tired answering them.

He's obviously never been a manager in his life or he would know that you have to give your under managers their heads from time to time or you'd be just as well doing everything yourself, assuming that was even possible.

:thumbs_up:

Jamboscanbevicius
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

It was more the length of contract he was signed on that surprised me. Every player is a risk as you never know if they are going to settle etc but he just never really got a chance under CL. 

At least that is a bit more cash freed up for the transfer pot.

In hindsight yes. But he was Cathro’s signing and arrived early in his reign, so I suppose at that point we were expecting IC to be in charge for a few years!

10 minutes ago, Whatever said:

12k a month I’d heard.

Nearer to £4k a month.

You can tell folk you heard that as well now.

Forever Hearts
35 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I will be honest, Phil. I have no inside knowledge on this particular matter. 

Just a gut feeling which is probably way off the mark. 

I'm old school in many ways. Work hard and hopefully reap the rewards and it annoys me that it has taken this length of time to get rid of him. I am not thick and I realise the club fecked this up big time but I'm not convinced that he could not have insisted on a loan deal, even at a much lower level, to actually play and get paid for what he is meant to do which is playing football. Put himself in the shop window. 

Let's see where he ends up. 

He was on loan at Dunfermline. 

Forever Hearts
24 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nearer to £4k a month.

Absolutely no chance was he only on £4k a month. 

16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Absolutely no chance was he only on £4k a month. 

Our average salary when he signed was around £7k a month and Malaury Martin struck a deal way under that on the condition that he got a 3 1/2 year deal.

Unless you know better mate.

Edited by graygo

Randy Marsh
4 hours ago, Meadows said:

Oshiniwa 

sammon 

Hollis 

Hassanoui

Anderson 

Dauda 

Watt 

Nowak 

Sowah 

Struna 

Swanson 

Tzolis 

Glad we are careful with Foh monies . 

Yeah I'm sure Hollis, Anderson, Nowak and Swanson were on huge wages right enough.:vrface:

P.S.  Thought Dauda was alright actually.  Bit harsh on him.  Probably a 15 goal a season striker had he been here long enough.

Even if they were on roughly £2k per week , not including signing on fees, pension or employers tax / ni we’ve still blown a helluva lot on duds . Vanacek could very well be the next one ! 

Portable Badger

There is a God after all !!!!!

Hallelujah and good luck son.  Feels like a millstone has been lifted - tho I'm sure we ended up paying him something just to go now.

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Even if they were on roughly £2k per week , not including signing on fees, pension or employers tax / ni we’ve still blown a helluva lot on duds . Vanacek could very well be the next one ! 

Yes I agree our recruitment has been largely horrendous the last couple of seasons but most players on your list were just short term deals.  Just Sammon and Martin have been costly duds.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Nearer to £4k a month.

:laugh:

I’ll take my chances.

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:laugh:

I’ll take my chances.

I said he was on nearer to £4k than what you quoted.

£12k was more than 50% over our average salary and he was on less than average.

I don't fancy your chances.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Makes you wonder why his contract wasn’t paid up earlier given the relatively low wage ?‍♂️

Anyway, you have your take, I have mine. It’s all good.

He came, he saw, he ***** and he left having been well paid in between

He did not force us to make the deal, he did not break his end of the deal and it did not work out so I wish him well and it seems we got a little bonus by not having to pay out on all of his deal thanks to the botched move earlier in his contract .

There is always a frustration when deals don't work out for the club but there are generally more failures than genuine successes in the transfer world

39 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ignore me, just read the last page. I thought you were talking per week

Edited by Taffin

Harry Potter

Think he played against raith in our big cup 1-1 draw at starks park,  cathro with his , that was ok ha ha ha.

never forget that, great times NOT

8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Makes you wonder why his contract wasn’t paid up earlier given the relatively low wage ?‍♂️

Anyway, you have your take, I have mine. It’s all good.

:thumbsup: 

Wait, are we not meant to carry this on for a few more hours before both getting bans and arranging a square go behind the Wheatfield?

Edited by graygo

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

:thumbsup: 

Wait, are we not meant to carry this on for a few more hours before both getting bans and arranging a square go behind the Wheatfield?

???