Martin gone

JamboAl

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Our average salary when he signed was around £7k a month and Malaury Martin struck a deal way under that on the condition that he got a 3 1/2 year deal.

Unless you know better mate.

I know he wouldn't have came here for £1k a week. I'm not saying he was on £12k a month but definitely more than £4k. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephane Grappelli

• graygo

• Mr Elwood P

• Whatever

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I know he wouldn't have came here for £1k a week. I'm not saying he was on £12k a month but definitely more than £4k. 

I know he never came here for £3k a week. I'm not saying he was on £4k a month but definitely less than £12k.

Half time behind the Wheatfield first league game chief?  ;) 

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, graygo said:

I know he never came here for £3k a week. I'm not saying he was on £4k a month but definitely less than £12k.

Half time behind the Wheatfield first league game chief?  ;) 

You're on. No pulling hair and no scratching. 

He was a huddie and it is alarming that he was signed to such a long deal.  He must have a brilliant agent. And he wasn’t the only one getting a long deal.  Makes me wonder about this great business acumen Budge is supposed to have. 

Diadora Van Basten
8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

He was a huddie and it is alarming that he was signed to such a long deal.  He must have a brilliant agent. And he wasn’t the only one getting a long deal.  Makes me wonder about this great business acumen Budge is supposed to have. 

Pretty sure Budge relied on Levein and it’s his fault that we keep on getting screwed over by agents peddling their duds to us for ten times their actual worth.

I remember mailing my mate when he signed buzzing out my ***** about it. He seemed like exactly the sort of player we should have been going for. 

By christ was I wrong. :D 

I don't want to revel in his misfortune, because I dare say he wishes he'd succeeded here and its unfair to kick him when he's down. I will say, I was frustrated to see so little return for the considerable financial outlay that was invested in him. Hopefully its a mistake we avoid making again. 

Diadora Van Basten
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

I remember mailing my mate when he signed buzzing out my ***** about it. He seemed like exactly the sort of player we should have been going for. 

By christ was I wrong. :D 

I don't want to revel in his misfortune, because I dare say he wishes he'd succeeded here and its unfair to kick him when he's down. I will say, I was frustrated to see so little return for the considerable financial outlay that was invested in him. Hopefully its a mistake we avoid making again. 

That’s the problem though we are likely to make another similar signing.

15 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Are you talking this Cletus guy? 

Genuinely can't take that name seriously. Every time I hear that name all I can think of is this...

gorgie rd eh11
34 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Are we? 

upgotheheads
7 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why would he be down?  He conned his way into a 3.5 year deal on very good money.  It’s not as if he’s just been made redundant from Scotmid. 

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's earned a lot of money for sitting on his Jimmy Carter. Surprised the twat didn't don a yellow jacket like the other lazy fuds from that part of the world. 

He should work for French Air Traffic Control who seem to spend a fair whack of their time pissing people off by doing feck all. 

Je pense que, tres probablement, il n'avais pas  gagné le meme salaire d'un aiguilleur du ciel;  francais ou meme britannique.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Shes not involved in signing players! She relies on the football experts to deal with that. However I’m sure as time goes on she will become more involved. 

Diadora Van Basten
32 minutes ago, OTT said:

Are you talking this Cletus guy? 

Genuinely can't take that name seriously. Every time I hear that name all I can think of is this...

No one in particular but it’s clear we aren’t scouting players properly before we offer them our highest salaries.

I suspect that we think we are getting a bargain, have a rival competing for the players signing and are skipping our due diligence. 

Stephane Grappelli

Thank ****.

Also heard he was owe his Norwegian club money and we cleared the debt when signing him.  Also had a few flights home a year as part of his contract.

****ing wage thief and impostor.

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Thank ****.

Also heard he was owe his Norwegian club money and we cleared the debt when signing him.  Also had a few flights home a year as part of his contract.

****ing wage thief and impostor.

I heard we had to provide 2 swans a day so he could wipe his arse on their necks, and the swans all had serious gambling debts which we had to pay off or the queen would go radge.

IDST.

Stephane Grappelli
Just now, Smithee said:

I heard we had to provide 2 swans a day so he could wipe his arse on their necks, and the swans all had serious gambling debts which we had to pay off or the queen would go radge.

IDST.

I heard that he also asked for bits of chalk to leave as presents for kids at his local playground.  Refused to pay for the chalk with his own money.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I heard that he also asked for bits of chalk to leave as presents for kids at his local playground.  Refused to pay for the chalk with his own money.

I heard he used the chalk to make fake cancer pills and sold them to orphans to add to his already obscene wage, paid off debts and enshittened swans.

Stephane Grappelli
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I heard he used the chalk to make fake cancer pills and sold them to orphans to add to his already obscene wage, paid off debts and enshittened swans.

I heard he then used that money to build more playgrounds where he could hide yet more chalk to watch said orphans play and find the chalk.  

Forever Hearts
59 minutes ago, Smithee said:

IDST.

Tbf the paid for flights for foreign players is common in their contracts. 

Wherever he goes it will not be a level above Hearts and the SPL. He will also never play more than 50 games in the remainder of his career. He never killed anyone but he was a waster who I did not like and his career going forward will give him what he gives to it and that is **** all. 

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Surely none of these players come close to the value for money provided by our record signing Mirsad Beslija who delivered the most expensive cross in Hearts history!!!

What a cross it was though! I'll remember it till the day I die!

Rocky jamboa

I'm glad Martin is away now and ridiculous how much money we wasted on him.  However, to be fair, he didn't look all that bad the very few times I saw him. Looked technically quite good. I can see vanacek being the next malaury Martin!

rudi must stay
53 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I'm glad Martin is away now and ridiculous how much money we wasted on him.  However, to be fair, he didn't look all that bad the very few times I saw him. Looked technically quite good. I can see vanacek being the next malaury Martin!

Martin was technically good. But any professional player is (you have to have a good level of talent to be a pro) it's attitude that matters and his was awful and to be honest wrong

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Wherever he goes it will not be a level above Hearts and the SPL. He will also never play more than 50 games in the remainder of his career. He never killed anyone but he was a waster who I did not like and his career going forward will give him what he gives to it and that is **** all. 

Spot on. I think the Dunfermline loan spell dispels the myth he was unlucky and that he's actually *****

Stephen Muddie
9 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yeah I'm sure Hollis, Anderson, Nowak and Swanson were on huge wages right enough.:vrface:

P.S.  Thought Dauda was alright actually.  Bit harsh on him.  Probably a 15 goal a season striker had he been here long enough.

I remember getting a bit carried away by his youtube video when he came to us. I think you're right. Has a better than 1 in 3 record his whole career. 3 of his 5 goals for us in 15 appearances were quality (double against Dundee and a great finish at home to the Mhanks). The other 2 instinctive, one round the keeper one tap in. Just checking transfermarkt... didn't realise he's won the Dutch Cup (I think it's a mistake, as he didn't play any cup games that season for Vitesse), Swedish and Serbian league titles and the Swedish Super Cup in his career.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

20 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Thank **** for that. 

That signing was an expensive disaster. 

Like so many others

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Tbf the paid for flights for foreign players is common in their contracts. 

Yes, odd thing to hold a grudge about eh?

10 games a season on average over the last 10 years or so of his career....not just Hearts who've been conned it would seem.

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, jambonian said:

10 games a season on average over the last 10 years or so of his career....not just Hearts who've been conned it would seem.

You'd think it would be obvious but you actually never really know. As I've pointed out before, HRH Prince Rudi had a similar record at other clubs before joining us both times.

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Martin was technically good. But any professional player is (you have to have a good level of talent to be a pro) it's attitude that matters and his was awful and to be honest wrong

Spot on. I think the Dunfermline loan spell dispels the myth he was unlucky and that he's actually *****

My mates a Pars fan and said he did well, slower game obviously. He said Keena was excellent. He asked me what Robbie Muirhead was like, I told him the truth and he lived up to the billing and was released a few weeks back.

Stephane Grappelli
9 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yes, odd thing to hold a grudge about eh?

No grudge held.  Just pointing out the greed and excess in the guy's contract.

Stephane Grappelli
On 07/06/2019 at 16:46, graygo said:

Nearer to £4k a month.

You can tell folk you heard that as well now.

Much closer to 12 than 4 and that is a fact.  5 figures per month.

6 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Nut, no having it.

Stephane Grappelli
5 hours ago, graygo said:

Nut, no having it.

Up to you but it's a fact.

No wonder Jamie Walker was pissed off, far better player on much less money.

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Up to you but it's a fact.

No wonder Jamie Walker was pissed off, far better player on much less money.

Jamie Walker was offered a contract to be the top paid player at the club so had nothing to be pissed off about. How have you come across Martin's wages to the point that it is a fact? For it to be a fact it has to be known by a number of people and supported by evidence. Banging the word 'fact' onto the end of sentence does not make it a fact, fact.

fact
noun

1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
    "the most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas"
    synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty, factuality, certitude; More
Edited by Mr Elwood P

Randy Marsh
5 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Unfortunately I think you are right. 3K a week seems plausible for a former French under 21 international.

Stephane Grappelli
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Jamie Walker was offered a contract to be the top paid player at the club so had nothing to be pissed off about. How have you come across Martin's wages to the point that it is a fact? For it to be a fact it has to be known by a number of people and supported by evidence. Banging the word 'fact' onto the end of sentence does not make it a fact, fact.

fact
noun

5 figures plus paying off the debt to his previous club and flights home.  Obviously can't disclose sources but all true.

jambomjm74

We must have wasted over 3/4 of a million pounds on him (wouldn’t be surprised if was closer to a million!)

I’m sure he was a lovely chap, smiled as he took his wages and was really pleasant to talk too. 

He was well aware of the fans funding the club and was quite happy to pocket their donations.. 

To sit about for most of the 3 years and take the Fans cash, he should and could have moved on earlier ? 

The very definition of a Wage Thief 

Stephane Grappelli
18 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

fact
noun

Top player at the club doesn't necessarily mean that much or mean JW.  If Martin was on £12,000 a month for argument's sake, and they offered JW £12,005, he'd still be getting paid more but it wouldn't be fair given the vastly different contributions they made to the team.

For something to be a fact it just has to be true.  How many people know about it has absolutely no importance.

You're welcome.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Top player at the club doesn't necessarily mean that much or mean JW.  If Martin was on £12,000 a month for argument's sake, and they offered JW £12,005, he'd still be getting paid more but it wouldn't be fair given the vastly different contributions they made to the team.

For something to be a fact it just has to be true.  How many people know about it has absolutely no importance.

You're welcome.

You already replied yesterday? Not sure that was worth the 18 hours wait for second edition. For it to be a fact it has to be known or proved to be true. You've nothing to back up that you actually know Martin's weekly wage, hence it is not a fact. You also just vaguely noted that it is five fugues, for it to be a fact you would have he exact amount. Hearts play at Tynecastle park and were formed in 1874, those are examples of facts.

Stephane Grappelli
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You already replied yesterday? Not sure that was worth the 18 hours wait for second edition. For it to be a fact it has to be known or proved to be true. You've nothing to back up that you actually know Martin's weekly wage, hence it is not a fact. You also just vaguely noted that it is five fugues, for it to be a fact you would have he exact amount. Hearts play at Tynecastle park and were formed in 1874, those are examples of facts.

I was absolutely mortal last night, I'm talking really, really steaming, so hadn't replied in full.

Can't reveal my sources but it is a fact.  I know it, I have seen the evidence.

Case closed.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I was absolutely mortal last night, I'm talking really, really steaming, so hadn't replied in full.

Can't reveal my sources but it is a fact.  I know it, I have seen the evidence.

Case closed.

If you’ve seen evidence what’s the exact weekly figure then? Doesn’t meet the qualifying criteria to be deemed as a fact, if only you are privy to the information. If you cheat on your wife, you know and your mistress knows, is that a fact or is it a secret?

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you’ve seen evidence what’s the exact weekly figure then? Doesn’t meet the qualifying criteria to be deemed as a fact, if only you are privy to the information. If you cheat on your wife, you know and your mistress knows, is that a fact or is it a secret?

That's adultery.  You really do struggle with words don't you?

Don't know if that post was worth editing either, if I'm honest.

58 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Be interested to hear what @Stephane Grappelli has to say about a potential £600 p/w increase that was due to be implemented this summer on top of the figure he’s quoted.

I didn't know about that.  What I will say though is I'm glad he won't be receiving it.

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

That's adultery.  You really do struggle with words don't you?

Don't know if that post was worth editing either, if I'm honest.

I didn't know about that.  What I will say though is I'm glad he won't be receiving it.

So you don’t know his exact wage, didn’t know about his alleged £600 p/w increase but it is definitely a fact that he was receiving 5 figures per month?

Adultery can become a proven fact, ask any divorce solicitor  ...

13 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

We must have wasted over 3/4 of a million pounds on him (wouldn’t be surprised if was closer to a million!)

I’m sure he was a lovely chap, smiled as he took his wages and was really pleasant to talk too. 

He was well aware of the fans funding the club and was quite happy to pocket their donations.. 

To sit about for most of the 3 years and take the Fans cash, he should and could have moved on earlier ? 

The very definition of a Wage Thief 

I’m led to believe he held up his payslip in front of the younger players and laughed out loud. So not so much of the smiling. Can’t blame him I suppose but not exactly setting an example. 

Stephane Grappelli
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So you don’t know his exact wage, didn’t know about his alleged £600 p/w increase but it is definitely a fact that he was receiving 5 figures per month?

Adultery can become a proven fact, ask any divorce solicitor  ...

Exactly that.

Didn't say it couldn't.

Case closed.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Exactly that.

Didn't say it couldn't.

Case closed.

Aye, fact not proven ...

Stephane Grappelli
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye, fact not proven ...

By your logic, maybe, but your logic has no value.

If someone tells them their date of birth do you not accept it as fact unless they show you their birth certificate?

Case closed.

2 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

By your logic, maybe, but your logic has no value.

If someone tells them their date of birth do you not accept it as fact unless they show you their birth certificate?

Case closed.

You close more cases than Rebus! Impressive 

This thread has gone to shit.  As usual, thanks to certain posters who like to post utter nonsense as if it were fact. 

Can't wait for the football season to start again, might reduce the amount of trolling that is going on.

*might*