Amy Winehoose

Carl Spackler

Looking a little healthier than she has for a long time IMO. Maybe this health scare has eventually given her sufficient a fright to curtail her narcotic activities.

Maybe not mind!

PsychocAndy

I thought she was in a 3 sum with Pete Docherty and The Grim Reaper or is that next week?

Carl Spackler

As far as I can tell this is a decent and talented girl who has put on a pedastal by these fecking socialites, has completely lost the plot and has now been put together for Glastonbury. It's a fecking disgrace. I hope everyone likes the ska music.

Chris Evans
As far as I can tell this is a decent and talented girl who has put on a pedastal by these fecking socialites, has completely lost the plot and has now been put together for Glastonbury. It's a fecking disgrace. I hope everyone likes the ska music.

Im watching and dont get your comments mate. Can you elaborate please?

Me, I love ska mate. Unfortunately, Amy ruined a Specials classic. Her band did it quite well, as did her two male singers (cool as IMO) but she did some poor warbling over it.

Carl Spackler
Im watching and dont get your comments mate. Can you elaborate please?

Don't get me wrong mate, I'm no Daily Mail reader but she's a complete shambles.

I suppose you need brilliance but she'll be dead in five years.....just like Keith Richards.

Chris Evans
Me, I love ska mate. Unfortunately, Amy ruined a Specials classic. Her band did it quite well, as did her two male singers (cool as IMO) but she did some poor warbling over it.

Its the way of this land that we put down the talents that we have.

Im not sure that British people enjoy success.I recognise she her demons but shes young,so give the girl a chance to get over them and entertain us. Is that too much to ask?

Im not sure that British people enjoy success.I recognise she her demons but shes young,so give the girl a chance to get over them and entertain us. Is that too much to ask?

Whoah horsey.

I like Amy Winehouse and own both of her albums. I happen to think she added nothing to a song that the Specials have made almost "uncoverable" IMO.

Where in that did I suggest that I neither enjoy success nor recognise that she is attempting to entertain us?

Chris Evans
Don't get me wrong mate, I'm no Daily Mail reader but she's a complete shambles.

I suppose you need brilliance but she'll be dead in five years.....just like Keith Richards.

My hero is Keith Moon mate,so i know what your saying. I reckon its a case of enjoy while you can. Never seen Moonie or Bonzo from Led Zep but the old man did and he tells the tales,so maybe in a few years time the same chat about Amy will be discussed.Hope not but that seems to be the way.

Carl Spackler

I'm glad she's actually giving a good performance now. I'm just sad that her genuine talent has done that to her.

Chris Evans
Whoah horsey.

I like Amy Winehouse and own both of her albums. I happen to think she added nothing to a song that the Specials have made almost "uncoverable" IMO.

Where in that did I suggest that I neither enjoy success nor recognise that she is attempting to entertain us?

Sorry mate. Didnt mean to imply that. Not great at writing what i mean. Get your point totally. Thats why ive been a reader and never a poster. Sorry. I enjoy the Specials and most of all Northern Soul.

Sorry mate. Didnt mean to imply that. Not great at writing what i mean. Get your point totally. Thats why ive been a reader and never a poster. Sorry. I enjoy the Specials and most of all Northern Soul.

Cool man. :)

I feel sorry for her. She's way more of a car crash than Pete Doherty. He was a mess before he was in the public eye, whereas we have had to watch her disintegrate. But if I remember correctly she wasn't a great live artist even before her problems.

And Message to You Rudi is an old song that The Specials covered, some would say they didn't improve on the original.

The Old Tolbooth

I cant believe folk think thats a good performance, she's absolutely out of it and doesn't know what planet she's on! Her words are slurred, she cant stand or walk without staggering, and it's cringeworthy to watch.

Chris Evans
Cool man. :)

It was kind of what i felt when Mark Ronson covered 'Stop me'. Somethings are best left alone. Anyway i reckon Jay-Z will go down a storm. Dont think there will be a middle of the road. Love it or hate it set. But the dryness could save him. If it was launching it down i dont think people would hang around to find out.

Anyway I'm ignoring BBC3 and Jay Z as BBC4 are going to show Buddy Guy at Glastonbury at 10.30, now there's a man that can perform live.

And Message to You Rudi is an old song that The Specials covered, some would say they didn't improve on the original.

Perfectly aware of that mate :)

I happen to think that the Specials version is the best.

Chris Evans
I cant believe folk think thats a good performance, she's absolutely out of it and doesn't know what planet she's on! Her words are slurred, she cant stand or walk without staggering, and it's cringeworthy to watch.

Im not sure if this is a defence but that is her general demeanor mate!

But i think she can cut it singing wise....im prepared to be shot down!

ToadKiller Dog

I enjoyed her performance john ,i dont think her music is suited to that type of arena ,its more suited to a packed smaller venue .

She clearly is a troubled soul and seems par for the course for her type of entertainer.

Bille Holiday was a heroin addict ,dusty springfield was plagued with drink problems/self doubt to name just a few .

The sad fact is the tabliods will most likely talk about her tit falling out her dress at one point rather than the music.

Carl Spackler

Right. Jay wossisname is about to play. Am I wrong or is he taking the Micheal Fish?

Saw him on Jonafon Woss last night and I love (edit, I think he's alright and not daft) the geezer.

I was watching Beth Ditto on the interactive service. She gets about well for a fat lass:) Sung the last song from deep into the Glastonbury crowd :confused:

The Old Tolbooth
Im not sure if this is a defence but that is her general demeanor mate!

But i think she can cut it singing wise....im prepared to be shot down!

She just didn't sound all there to me, not that she ever does right enough, but I just didn't find her in the slightest bit entertaining, it was a mess :confused:

Chris Evans
She just didn't sound all there to me, not that she ever does right enough, but I just didn't find her in the slightest bit entertaining, it was a mess :confused:

Thats fair enough mate. I thought she sounded good barr the my great husband rants. Its easy to say sitting on the sofa though. My opinion may differ in a cow pit of a field:)

The Old Tolbooth
Thats fair enough mate. I thought she sounded good barr the my great husband rants. Its easy to say sitting on the sofa though. My opinion may differ in a cow pit of a field:)

you've seen Hibs new training ground then :)

Goldstone Wonder

I thought she started well but lost the plot towards the end. BBC reporting that she appeared to lunge at a fan during Rehab at the end. I think she has an incredible talent - her voice is just sensational - but she will do very well to see her 30th birthday unfortunately.

Watching Buddy Guy if he has any sense.

hope he opens up with Wonderwall or some other Oasis hit

amy was rotten...totally not cutting edge. totally terrible.

Did you see her when she was singing Rehab? she looked like she punched someone?

Chris Evans
you've seen Hibs new training ground then :)

Yes. I heard on the Glasto vine that Zemmamma had just dropped a Double dip and was away to marry Joan Collins in lost Vegas.The fool.:)

Carl Spackler
Watching Buddy Guy if he has any sense.

"This programme contains strong language". Loving Buddy already! Can't restring a guitar worth a sook though. Bit like Johnny Cash I suppose.

The Old Tolbooth
Yes. I heard on the Glasto vine that Zemmamma had just dropped a Double dip and was away to marry Joan Collins in lost Vegas.The fool.:)

I just heard that Zemamma likes to be double dipped!! :rolleyes:

Carl Spackler

Just switched to Jay Z and he was singing the 99 problems but a Lady isn't one of them. Was that a Beastie Boys' Song?

Chris Evans
I just heard that Zemamma likes to be double dipped!! :rolleyes:

Dont they all? Apparentley the most peaceful festival in the world has been sabataged by Hobos claiming that theirs is the 'magic' circle.

UnworthyPapaLazaru
It's out of order. These London Yahs need feckin sorted out.

Says Tony Harrison. London geezer. Doesent go out often, maybe once a year, but when he goes he goes large. The man can handle his drugs, more so than Saboo anyway. He's a lightweight.

Carl Spackler
Says Tony Harrison. London geezer. Doesent go out often, maybe once a year, but when he goes he goes large. The man can handle his drugs, more so than Saboo anyway. He's a lightweight.

TH is currently going large and can still tell AW is off her mother loving tats despite freaking out over some epsiodes of SBQPs. The Head Shaman is ****ed though.

Totally agree with you. I couldnt understand a single word coming out her mouth. It was like she was singing Karaoke style.

I ended up watching Duffy at the time Amy Whinehouse was on, she was Brill IMO

I couldnt understand a single word coming out her mouth. It was like she was singing Karaoke style.

Agreed. Very sad. What a waste of a great talent. :sad:

Watching Amy Winehouse last night was painful. Somebody somewhere has persuade her to sign herself out of hospital to do that. She's obviously being paid but you have to wonder about the background figures lining their pockets too.

If her husband is out the nick in a fortnight I give her six months, tops. Her old man comes across as a bit of a dick. mm I wonder.

Jay-Z. What a showman!

Yesterday's man Noel Gallagher must have been watching through the cracks of his fingers as he kicked off with the cheeky version of Wonderwall and then proceeded to tear the roof off.

That show was up there with Pulp in 95 ( ? ) and Radiohead in 97 ( ? )

I have been a musician (well drummer ) both proffesionally and laterly semi pro until i retired 5 years ago that performance by AW was nothing short of disgracefull, her band were excellent no complaints there but she was just awfull complete lack of timing ,tone of singing just very ameturish. Over the years i have played with and backed many many female vocalists who would have blown AW away no problem but they never got the break's or the chance, IF! AW is as talented as many people think she is then doing what she does for a living should be considered a privilage, all a bit sad really, always taught no matter how sh*tty you feel before you go on ALWAYS give it your best alter all punters pay to see you.

As someone has posted Jay-z gave a good performance not my cup of tea but you cannot deny the guy was slick and professional and that is the vey least i would expect from a performance.

Edinburgh JT

I ended up watching Jay Z's whole set and from start to finish he was incredible. "99 problems" set the tone for the night. When those first few seconds of "Encore" began playing at the end I was practically bouncing with Glastonbury :biggrin:

Admittedly I am a fan of his anyway but seriously, what a performance!

"Put your diamonds up!"

Patrick Bateman

If Winehouse was a non-junkie black girl, there wouldn't be half the hype surrounding her. I feel sorry for the talented soul-singers who are kept in the background because that vile waste of space is the centre of attention. She'll be no loss.

Archived