• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Washington has his contract cancelled (by mutual consent) with QPR a year ago. Spent last year at The Blades and they didn’t renew his one year contract. Played for NI so presumably known to Austin and likes of Smith and Burns 

15 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Washington has his contract cancelled (by mutual consent) with QPR a year ago. Spent last year at The Blades and they didn’t renew his one year contract. Played for NI so presumably known to Austin and likes of Smith and Burns 

Might be something in it then! Hope he’s better then his name sake Sammon!!

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Here’s my ITK rumour we’ve been in talks with Connor Washington.

No idea if he’s any good!!

Good shout.

Busy little striker, constantly buzzing around centre halves. Reckon he would be good in a 2, not sure how he'd cope in a lone role.

Was surprised QPR let him go on loan to Sheff Utd to be honest. 

Captain Canada
8 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

We have Haring, Edwards and Bozanic who can all play in that defensive midfielder role 

I don't think any of those three have a real nasty streak in them though. Adao was so indisciplined at times but I admired his unrelenting passion for not letting anyone get past him. 

Captain Canada
8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Theres a Cameroon international apparently out of contract, picks up a fair few bookings though

? I want someone who can tackle properly, not just stick out a leg and have to walk a tightrope for the rest of the game. 

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Good shout.

Busy little striker, constantly buzzing around centre halves. Reckon he would be good in a 2, not sure how he'd cope in a lone role.

Was surprised QPR let him go on loan to Sheff Utd to be honest. 

International player has his contract cancelled by QPR

Signs 1 year contract with Sheff U and released 

Is there something not quite right or do they just think he's not EPL standard?

13 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

That really might be worth a shot, especially if Rhodes wants another crack at the National team.

Been trying to get him the last 3 windows. Hes chosen to stay down south so far. 

Jamboscanbevicius
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Here’s my ITK rumour we’ve been in talks with Connor Washington.

No idea if he’s any good!!

Excellent if true. I suggested him a week or two ago on here. Think he could do really well with us.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Been trying to get him the last 3 windows. Hes chosen to stay down south so far. 

Rhodes would make me piss my pants. 

Imagine Uche upfront occupying defenders and creating space. 

If Rhodes could recapture any form/ consistency of the past he'd bang in a shit load. 

Naismith behind 

Bryson and Djoum/walker 

Haring protecting the back four

79f7c7ae1d14ec5fdcbaddfc953fe70e.jpg

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Dorrans has been freed from ******* fc

Good player and worth a look but he may want to much money 

Absolute Scenes

Would folk take Dorrans? IS he the same type of player as Bryson? Dorrans and Lafferty wouldn't be bad business IMO (wage cuts may be needed though as doubt we could match anything they were on)

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Would folk take Dorrans? IS he the same type of player as Bryson? Dorrans and Lafferty wouldn't be bad business IMO (wage cuts may be needed though as doubt we could match anything they were on)

I would take Dorrans, but I do worry about his injuries.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ah I forget he's quite injury prone

Might be worth avoiding - but his level of signing is what we should be aiming for though

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Dodger84 said:

Good player and worth a look but he may want to much money 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Aye and  aye

Rhodes will always be a target for us. They want to sell him this window though. But if nobody stomps up the cash we would try another loan deal like we have the last 3 windows. Adam & Bryson are targets but I'd imagine we would only take one, also depends on movement from Djoum and another centre mind. Steven Maclean or Craig Wighton will go on loan should we sign another striker which we are working on. 

Gorgieshed
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He is good friends with Liam Fox so maybe a possibility. 

He must be totally crocked if he has been released though.

ginger jambo98
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Rhodes will always be a target for us. They want to sell him this window though. But if nobody stomps up the cash we would try another loan deal like we have the last 3 windows. Adam & Bryson are targets but I'd imagine we would only take one, also depends on movement from Djoum and another centre mind. Steven Maclean or Craig Wighton will go on loan should we sign another striker which we are working on. 

Surely it would benefit Wighton to go out on loan to the Championship and get a load of game time. McLean at his age would be better staying put and covering when required. 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

thanks as always Daza

Is Rhodes a centre forward or more like a second striker these days? Just wondering where he'd play

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Surely it would benefit Wighton to go out on loan to the Championship and get a load of game time. McLean at his age would be better staying put and covering when required. 

agreed

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Not sure how realistic Jordan Rhodes is. Would surely be a target for a team in the Championship who need a proven goalscorer at that level. He would be an unbelievable signing for us though.

Conor Washington seems more realistic, maybe a bit pricey wage-wise for what he would produce for us though. By all accounts a good presence to have about the place as well. Would be cautiously optimistic with this signing.

I personally think Graham Dorrans is past his peak. No legs anymore, and would probably require a big wage. Another that seems like a good lad with a good attitude though. Wouldn't be delighted with this signing.

Agentjambo
2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

We are after 2 strikers.

Dorrans is a stick on for Hibs 

And when i say that i mean he's an ugly bassa

No seen enough of him to judge playing wise,  but maybe worth a look

Would love Rhodes but he's surely got better options than the SPL 

feedtheroman2

Is Craig maybe pals with Jordan's old man?

Fife connection perhaps? Played for the Pars, lived in Dalgety Bay...

Gene Parmesan
14 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Is Craig maybe pals with Jordan's old man?

Fife connection perhaps? Played for the Pars, lived in Dalgety Bay...

Gave him his Scotland debut

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Not sure how realistic Jordan Rhodes is. Would surely be a target for a team in the Championship who need a proven goalscorer at that level. He would be an unbelievable signing for us though.

Conor Washington seems more realistic, maybe a bit pricey wage-wise for what he would produce for us though. By all accounts a good presence to have about the place as well. Would be cautiously optimistic with this signing.

I personally think Graham Dorrans is past his peak. No legs anymore, and would probably require a big wage. Another that seems like a good lad with a good attitude though. Wouldn't be delighted with this signing.

Rhodes was last a proven goalscorer at Championship level in 2015/16 with 16 goals in 43 games. Since then his record in the Championship is:

16/17: 3 in 20 (and 0 in 6 Premier League games)

17/18: 5 in 31

18/19: 6 in 36

I'd love to see him at Tynecastle and like you not convinced it will happen. Apart from anything he doesn't have strong remaining family connections to Scotland as far as I can tell and moved south at quite a young age. A Championship team may well take a punt on him, but do think at that level it is becoming a punt rather than a sure fire thing.

33 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Rhodes was last a proven goalscorer at Championship level in 2015/16 with 16 goals in 43 games. Since then his record in the Championship is:

16/17: 3 in 20 (and 0 in 6 Premier League games)

17/18: 5 in 31

18/19: 6 in 36

I'd love to see him at Tynecastle and like you not convinced it will happen. Apart from anything he doesn't have strong remaining family connections to Scotland as far as I can tell and moved south at quite a young age. A Championship team may well take a punt on him, but do think at that level it is becoming a punt rather than a sure fire thing.

In fairness, Rhodes was well liked at Norwich last season and the only reason he didn't play/start more was because of the form of Pukki. They wanted to sign him but were put off by the £7m price tag. Looking at Dwight Gayle instead apparently.

No chance we'll sign him imo.

RustyRightPeg
17 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Personally don't think he's of an EPL standard. 

I do think he'd be a shrewd signing with the Mcphee connection.

Jordan Rhodes would be an excellent signing but like all our strikers, he will be completely hung out to dry if we don’t sign some wide players and some creative central midfielders to create some chances for him.

7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Lee possibly moving on?

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Could be heading back to Luton 

Probably best for all concerned.

johnking123
Just now, andrew said:

Probably best for all concerned.

Would be a good move for him in truth. In the championship.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Would be a good move for him in truth. In the championship.

Lee has a decent future at the Jambos. Better players around him he'll do more 

johnking123
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I think so to. Always so hard to judge first season.

28 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

My bro was at the POY do recently and Lee  

seemed both fed up and a little disparaging of CL 

19 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

My bro was at the POY do recently and Lee  

seemed both fed up and a little disparaging of CL 

I feel the same about Lee since turn of the year

maroonshrew
21 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He's definitely not EPL standard and to be honest he's yet to prove he's Championship standard. He had a breakout year in League one and hasn't found the net regularly in the 5 years since. That's not to say it wouldn't work out, but he would have to come at a very modest wage to be worth the risk. 

2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

We can all live in hope, only song the young team sing and it's for one of our worst players. 

heartsfc_fan

Lee is a tidy player with a great shot but that's when it stops.

Can't head the ball. Can't tackle.

He can certainly whip a good ball into the box but otherwise he's a squad bench player for me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

I'll drive him and thank him for the moment all the way

Jean Louis Valois

Hopefully Lee stays on, He’s had a season to settle. Hopefully kicks in next year 

11 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Neil McCann’s been a busy boi.

?

12 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Neil McCann’s been a busy boi.

?

Not all sources pay off. It was discussed at board level though. 

rudi must stay
12 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

I think it would be thanks and all the best for MacLean, he's 37. I would imagine the above (Adam and Bryson) would change if a major transfer and funds appears, you could definatly have both in one team and it would be some team :wow: