Breakfast places, I need a fry up

Craig Gordons Gloves

Craig Gordons Gloves

Folks,

stayed in Fountainbridge last night, don’t fancy driving for a few more hours and need recommendations on where to get a good fry up?

cheers!

Jambothump

There's a wee place across the road and up a little bit from the Kings. I could never finish the 8 piece breakfast.

The Picture House Spoons on Lothian Road. Opens at 8.

The trouble with a Sunday is, knowing when and if places are open.

That wee place along the road from the coach station on York Place (I think). Every time I visit I make a point of going there for breakfast.

been here before

Theres a place up by Dobbies, one of these faux 'farmhouse' type things, built about 5 years ago but meant to look like its centuries old, they do a great cooked breakfast. All the usual ingredients and all the tea/coffe and toast you can fire down your throat.

One of these breakfasts where you need nothing to eat for the rest of the day.

Nowhere near Fountainbridge right enough but if you're driving...

Edited to say Ive just found it:

Elginhaugh Farm.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, Jambothump said:

There's a wee place across the road and up a little bit from the Kings. I could never finish the 8 piece breakfast.

The Quick and Plenty.

the general

Or try the place over from Akva on fountainbridge ...Loudons

Edited by the general

Jambothump
1 hour ago, jb102 said:

The Quick and Plenty.

That's the one, I live in Juniper Green had a workshop in north of Edinburgh, but go out of my way for a breakfast there.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I'd be reluctant to eat anything from there.

Some of their external pictures have been very selectivly edited.

They've done well not to include the states on the corner having a fag outside the Silver Wing, the pharmacy over the road to the left where the jakeballs nip in for their methadone top up or the spot outside the co-op where the boy was recently stabbed.

Then there's the shop next door to the 'cafe' itself that knocks out bottles of Maddog 20/20 and Buckfast to the more 'desperate' or underage denziens of the Broomhouse ghetto on the otherside of the Calder Road.

Aye a breakfast from there fair gets my taste buds watering.

Edited by been here before

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

That wee place along the road from the coach station on York Place (I think). Every time I visit I make a point of going there for breakfast.

Snax I think.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Some of their external pictures have been very selectivly edited.

They've done well not to include the states on the corner having a fag outside the Silver Wing, the pharmacy over the road to the left where the jakeballs nip in for their methadone top up or the spot outside the co-op where the boy was recently stabbed.

Then there's the shop next door to the 'cafe' itself that knocks out bottles of Maddog 20/20 and Buckfast to the more 'desperate' or underage denziens of the Broomhouse ghetto on the otherside of the Calder Road.

Aye a breakfast from there fair gets my taste buds watering.

The only thing to get wet after a breakfast from that place is your arsehole when the inevitable food poisoning hits

been here before
58 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

The only thing to get wet after a breakfast from that place is your arsehole when the inevitable food poisoning hits

They do home deliveries including breakfasts  ? What kind of a lazy arsed jakey ******* orders a breakfast to be delivered?

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

They do home deliveries including breakfasts  ? What kind of a lazy arsed jakey ******* orders a breakfast to be delivered?

I'd imagine it's not much different to getting any other kind of delivery tbh. Why anyone would want someone to show up at their house an hour late with cold, brick hard bacon, soggy hash Browns and the rest, when they can do it themselves is beyond me however

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Snax I think.

Snax on West Register Street?

Used to be really good.

29 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Snax on West Register Street?

Used to be really good.

That's the one not York Place where I said. I've not been in a couple of years but last time it was mobbed. Tbh can't be sure if it is as good as the last time I was there.

Edited by Marvin

been here before
7 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

I'd imagine it's not much different to getting any other kind of delivery tbh. Why anyone would want someone to show up at their house an hour late with cold, brick hard bacon, soggy hash Browns and the rest, when they can do it themselves is beyond me however

Theres not much difference in getting out your bed and necking a can of special brew first thing in the morning because its the same as getting a peeve at anytime.

Doing that and sending out for a breakfast fry up is jakey Hibs supporting type behaviour.

the general
14 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Folks,

stayed in Fountainbridge last night, don’t fancy driving for a few more hours and need recommendations on where to get a good fry up?

cheers!

So where did you go?

Craig Gordons Gloves

I appreciate all the ideas. Alot of places suggested didn’t open until after 10 or 11. Discovered that my hotel did a free breakfast buffet so loaded up on sausage, bacon, eggs, beans and toast. Soaked up a lot of yesterdays liquid diet.

12 hours ago, been here before said:

Theres not much difference in getting out your bed and necking a can of special brew first thing in the morning because its the same as getting a peeve at anytime.

Doing that and sending out for a breakfast fry up is jakey Hibs supporting type behaviour.

Well, I suppose with that analogy then yeah, you make a fair point. 

Jambothump
8 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I appreciate all the ideas. Alot of places suggested didn’t open until after 10 or 11. Discovered that my hotel did a free breakfast buffet so loaded up on sausage, bacon, eggs, beans and toast. Soaked up a lot of yesterdays liquid diet.

I booked a hotel on line for 23June, double checked Litchfield, minnesota, included breakfast ! I wanted Lichfield, midlands,twice the price,with no breakfast, yer spoilt across there. UNLESS, going and wanting rooms in the big cities, where you pay their prices.

13 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Have you shat throw a straw yet. Your insides must be like mush. :D

Edited by ri Alban

A friend of mine asked for a recommendation for breakfast on the way to Dundee,I duly obliged and clued her into the "Horn" halfway between Perth and Dundee.

I should maybe mention that she was travelling to a selection for the Commonwealth Games.Not an athletic discipline.

When I ran into her again I asked how she had got on.

She advised me that on finishing her bumper fry up the onset of the "chocolate laser" meant she didn't even leave the cafe.

Her husband told me she ran to the ladies toilet and moments later you could hear it hitting the water from the till.

Along with muffled moaning wailing. Everyone in the cafe was stunned into an awkward silence.

A return to the pan after wiping is not an unusual occurrence but on this occasion four attempts to end matters were made.

45 minutes later she emerged and made straight for the door.

Still made selection and proudly represented Scotland.

Poor girl.

Jambothump
2 hours ago, jb102 said:

A friend of mine asked for a recommendation for breakfast on the way to Dundee,I duly obliged and clued her into the "Horn" halfway between Perth and Dundee.

I should maybe mention that she was travelling to a selection for the Commonwealth Games.Not an athletic discipline.

When I ran into her again I asked how she had got on.

She advised me that on finishing her bumper fry up the onset of the "chocolate laser" meant she didn't even leave the cafe.

Her husband told me she ran to the ladies toilet and moments later you could hear it hitting the water from the till.

Along with muffled moaning wailing. Everyone in the cafe was stunned into an awkward silence.

A return to the pan after wiping is not an unusual occurrence but on this occasion four attempts to end matters were made.

45 minutes later she emerged and made straight for the door.

Still made selection and proudly represented Scotland.

Poor girl.

That unfortunate mental image, I did not need ?

SpruceBringsteen

Went for one of the Horn's bacon pieces before I left Scotland. Can confirm nothing went awry, and I would do so again. ?

2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Went for one of the Horn's bacon pieces before I left Scotland. Can confirm nothing went awry, and I would do so again. ?

So would I.

Takes more than a scare story about violent diarrhoea  to put me off.

4 hours ago, jb102 said:

So would I.

Takes more than a scare story about violent diarrhoea  to put me off.

I just looked at the Google reviews of the place and the bacon rolls look amazing.

2019-05-28.png

Ketchup though? ?

14 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I just looked at the Google reviews of the place and the bacon rolls look amazing.

2019-05-28.png

Ketchup though? ?

One cup of cappuccino and three bacon rolls?

Must be a midmorning snack.

It has reminded me that the bacon is deep fried.

Craig Gordons Gloves
23 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Have you shat throw a straw yet. Your insides must be like mush. :D

Unbelievably no, my movements have been pretty consistent.

Lucked out on the free breakfast again yesterday, checking in at Glasgow airport at 4am yesterday and the lassie on check in told me i could use the lounge.  Free bacon rolls! 

2 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Lucked out on the free breakfast again yesterday, checking in at Glasgow airport at 4am yesterday and the lassie on check in told me i could use the lounge.  Free bacon rolls! 

:thumbsup:

Jambothump
1 hour ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Start saving for next year, no way can next season, be like that just gone. HHGH

See you in the Diggers ?