• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• soonbe110

Glamorgan Jambo

Yes we had a month to work out how to approach the match but I doubt the final decision to play Hickey was taken until the last few days.

We looked totally different with a left back in the team who could defend and get forward in the same way as Michael Smith on the other side. Left back has been a problem position for 3 seasons now. It's not practical IMO for Hickey to play more than 20 games next season so I really hope White is up to the task. Garrucio too defensively poor IMO. 

The other problem position is No 10. As well as Naismith (should he sign) someone like Jamie Walker is needed. Much as I hate to say it. 

Malcy McKay said yesterday in the build up CL is first in at Oriam and there till all hours. He does too much for someone who has already had a heart scare. I think the DOF role is right for him and a new manager would have some very promising youngsters with more to come 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Malcy McKay said yesterday in the build up CL is first in at Oriam and there till all hours. He does too much for someone who has already had a heart scare. I think the DOF role is right for him and a new manager would have some very promising youngsters with more to come 

He is staying.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

He is staying.

Not in his current role is what I have heard from a reasonable source but who knows?

Agentjambo
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Not in his current role is what I have heard from a reasonable source but who knows?

I do.

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He is staying.

If he is and I have no idea one way or another can we just create one thread for all the seethers to bitch and moan rather than polluting every other thread

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I do.

Fair enough. All will be revealed shortly. Apparently 

Agentjambo
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Fair enough. All will be revealed shortly. Apparently 

Sure it will.

Our form guide currently reads:

LDLLLL

If you only count league games our form guide currently reads:

LLDLLL

And yet some people are saying they’ve seen enough signs of progress in these matches that they think we will finish 2nd or 3rd next season if we keep Levein. 

I’m genuinely astounded. 

Bobby the B

Amazing that most of his critics praise his work on the Academy and want him to concentrate on that. Then they go on to complain about his style of football!

Surely that would only lead to more of the "Levein style football" players that they are complaining about coming through.

Yet what are we seeing? Cochrane, Smith, Hickey (to name just a few). I just don't see these kids lumping the ball up the park unless it's the only option.

CL waxes lyrical when talking about them. They are his type of player.

On the other hand, you can only do your best with what you have available on matchday and that may lead to the absolute rubbish we've had to put up with recently. 

Stay where you are Craig, and complete the job. 

WheatfieldWarrior
31 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If he is and I have no idea one way or another can we just create one thread for all the seethers to bitch and moan rather than polluting every other thread

I don't think that's how Kickback works unfortunately.

indianajones
20 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

LDLLLL

LLDLLL

And yet some people are saying they’ve seen enough signs of progress in these matches that they think we will finish 2nd or 3rd next season if we keep Levein. 

I’m genuinely astounded. 

He needs launched. 

None of this moving sideways stuff either. Just launched. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Facts. First 10 games =25 points Lafferty sold.Next 28 games=26 points.With the average over 28 games to include first 10 games =35 points for season.Relegation is a real threat next season.

:rofl:

Image result for drooling gif

Geoff Kilpatrick
38 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I do.

Based on your past record, forgive my scepticism.

WheatfieldWarrior
21 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

LDLLLL

LLDLLL

I’m genuinely astounded. 

Since we got the place in the final, we have been resting players and trying to hide what the final lineup and approach was going to be to give us something to surprise Celtic with.

The nature of the split also means that unless you are 1st, 2nd, 7th or 8th, you are going to end the season with results like that. Hibs have no wins in the last 5 games.

i wish jj was my dad
11 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I don't think that's how Kickback works unfortunately.

True. It doesn't matter what the topic is, the same posters will turn it into another bitchfest about Levein, his staff and occasionally Budge. 

Agentjambo
17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Based on your past record, forgive my scepticism.

We will see.

If CL stays in charge then there will be more empty seats than there was during the last few home games of the season. The number of season ticket holders not turning up as the season progressed was becoming embarrassing especially in the Main and Georgie stands. The atmosphere in the ground is dire and it’s frustrating to hear people say because we didn’t get hammered in the final then CL should be given more time. Despite the interview it’s fairly obvious that AB does regard CL as bomb proof. 

47 minutes ago, Bobby the B said:

Amazing that most of his critics praise his work on the Academy and want him to concentrate on that. Then they go on to complain about his style of football!

Surely that would only lead to more of the "Levein style football" players that they are complaining about coming through.

Yet what are we seeing? Cochrane, Smith, Hickey (to name just a few). I just don't see these kids lumping the ball up the park unless it's the only option.

On the other hand, you can only do your best with what you have available on matchday and that may lead to the absolute rubbish we've had to put up with recently. 

Hickey and Smith in particular their first touches and ability to play when someone touch tight to them is unreal. Smith took two Celtic players clean out last week. Hickey yesterday never looked remotely nervous and his first touch was exquisite. The balance in the team yesterday was the best we have seen in months.

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Prof said:

If CL stays in charge then there will be more empty seats than there was during the last few home games of the season. The number of season ticket holders not turning up as the season progressed was becoming embarrassing especially in the Main and Georgie stands. The atmosphere in the ground is dire and it’s frustrating to hear people say because we didn’t get hammered in the final then CL should be given more time. Despite the interview it’s fairly obvious that AB does regard CL as bomb proof. 

No it isn't and no he isn't. 

I'm still not convinced he will stay as manager but if folk stop going because they dislike the manager then that speaks more about them than the club or our staff.

4 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Facts. First 10 games =25 points Lafferty sold.Next 28 games=26 points.With the average over 28 games to include first 10 games =35 points for season.Relegation is a real threat next season.

****ing hell ??

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

**** yes the anti Hearts seethe thread

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

I do.

Did this source mention anything about the full structure under him? 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

****ing hell ??

**** yes the anti Hearts seethe thread

Did this source mention anything about the full structure under him? 

As in?

Fozzyonthefence
14 hours ago, R08813 said:

Well that's what a broken clock is right twice a day means ?

A broken clock gets it right twice a day, CL gets it right twice a season.

The last 6 months have been attrocious and any Hearts manager sitting 2nd bottom after 6 months would normally get sacked.  It should be no different whether that 6 months is at the start of the season or end.

He is also responsible for the Cathro appointment so thanks for being a terrific servant to the club but time to move on so the club can go forward on the park and not just off it.

It should have been ten
43 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He needs launched. 

None of this moving sideways stuff either. Just launched. 

As do you 

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

As in?

As in the structure under him and who would be in those positions. Or did they just say Leveins staying at the club. Not a hard question really was it

indianajones
2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

As do you 

Have a word. 

One semi decent display in a cup final (we still lost) and everyone is forgetting how chronic we've been for 6 months. 

Any other manager in the league would've been sacked long ago. 

It's a results business and he is simply not delivering. 

It should have been ten
16 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

A broken clock gets it right twice a day, CL gets it right twice a season.

Take it you missed the first few months of the season.

He's hardly had the luxury of being able to pick our best players every week has he? This season was all about re-building a squad to challenge (and for 12 weeks when they were all fit, we were), and ever since it's just shown we need strength in depth. The last four league games don't matter. Form up to that point was mixed... which isn't disastrous when you're building something. 

We need a couple of signings, and maybe a few more Cochranes, Irvings and Hickeys.

Not a new manager.

Edited by It should have been ten

1 hour ago, Bobby the B said:

You cannot compare how the academy team play and how the first team play. In the academy the players by and large are playing against players who are similar in terms of age, strength, ability and experience. Once they get into the first team they are not being allowed the freedom to play in the same way as they are playing against players who are bigger, stronger, faster, more experienced and better than they are. It's much easier for the academy players to play flowing football because the opposition players generally won't be as good as the players they would face in the first team. Using how good some of the academy players are to suggest it's a good idea to keep Levein is just not right. Yes we have brought through youngsters who look like they might contribute something to the team going forward but our current system of play isn't going to help them develop the way we think they will. Levein is too defensive in his approach and we've not really played that good football recently. It's generally been a few passes then back to the centre backs to punt it up the park. Now if we want these academy players to play football on the ground with a flowing passing game then we need to complement with similar experienced players and Levein has been unable to bring in players to assist in that. He is the reason that we don't play an expansive flowing game. In several threads on here a majority of folk have identified the positions and weaknesses that we have and yet Levein hasn't rectified them. Now I agree with an earlier post that the balance of the team was better yesterday but why did it take till the last league game of the season to see that Hickey was a much better option at LB than any other players that we played there during the season?? Do people genuinely believe that Levein will be able to identify and get the players required to come in so that we can utilise the young and very good footballing players we have coming through. I'm not convinced and that's why Levein needs to go. Now if the academy is how Levein wants the team to play, then I'd happily let him take on that because it does look if we have good prospects coming through and hopefully young up and coming players will see that we are giving youngsters a chance at first team football and hopefully that will push them to opt to sign for us over other teams.

Edited by dougal

Agentjambo
19 minutes ago, sadj said:

As in the structure under him and who would be in those positions. Or did they just say Leveins staying at the club. Not a hard question really was it

Why would the structure under him change?

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Take it you missed the first few months of the season.

He's hardly had the luxury of being able to pick our best players every week has he? This season was all about re-building a squad to challenge (and for 12 weeks when they were all fit, we were), and ever since it's just shown we need strength in depth. The last four league games don't matter. Form up to that point was mixed... which isn't disastrous when you're building something. 

We need a couple of signings, and maybe a few more Cochranes, Irvings and Hickeys.

Not a new manager.

And what about when all the injured players came back and we were still pish?  We have a squad that it is completely reliant on an injury prone 33 year old that was deemed not good enough for Norwich in the English Championship.  That’s a sad indictment of Hearts and Scottish football.

We’re obviously not going to agree but I don’t accept that building something means you have to be worse than St Mirren and Hamilton for 6 months.

16 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Despite CLs poor record against the OF I still have faith in him in certain matches to set the team up with great tactics to stifle the opposition. He did that today. 

What there is no evidence of whatsoever is Levein being able to put a team out to impose ourselves on the other 9 teams in the league, to create chances, to score goals and to play attacking football. 

This is what must change and improve. Decent performance against the OF in Glasgow, like today, actually tell us nothing. 

Whoever is in charge next season, we need to stop tinkering and changing and worrying about the opposition. Impose our style on the opposition and let them worry about our forward thinking players. 

All of this.

Leveins going nowhere though.

So I hope he proves us wrong.

Agentjambo
36 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its staying with levein as manager and McPhee his assistant. Not hard to understand is it.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
27 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Have a word. 

One semi decent display in a cup final (we still lost) and everyone is forgetting how chronic we've been for 6 months. 

After yesterday we saw a performance from the team that nobody expected and yes we still lost. I do agree with you though results in the league and the football played hasn’t been good enough. Yesterday we played some decent football. Tactically spot on but Levein usually has Lennons number for some reason. We can’t just play well only against hibs and Celtic which so far in leveins second reign has been the case. 

I think levein either moves back to DOF or gets the start of the season to improve. I think if it doesn’t go well it’s obvious the pressure from the fans will tell and there will be a budgement day. As always I think we’ll get a good sign of things to come with recruitment over the summer.

1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Since we got the place in the final, we have been resting players and trying to hide what the final lineup and approach was going to be to give us something to surprise Celtic with.

The nature of the split also means that unless you are 1st, 2nd, 7th or 8th, you are going to end the season with results like that. Hibs have no wins in the last 5 games.

It just feels like another attempt to justify results under Levein:

Post split results don’t count. 

Losses against Celtic don’t count. 

Losses in which any of our players are missing don’t count. 

Losses in which players make individual mistakes don’t count. 

bighalders
6 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Oofft 

not a fan of punctuation eh?

Oofft not a fan of English eh?

57 minutes ago, sadj said:

He also said yesterday that Uche was starting. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, colinzeal said:

He also said yesterday that Uche was starting. 

All my info cant be right,just pass on what I get told.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Have a word. 

Take a day off ffs 

indianajones
1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

Take a day off ffs 

Excellent opinion. 

Building for next season shouldn't have a day off. 

Levein needs to go. 

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Excellent opinion. 

Building for next season shouldn't have a day off. 

Levein needs to go. 

Aye so you keep saying and oh look...he’s still here  :thumb:

:clyay:

4 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Think it’s 3 wins in last 11 for Hibs. Wish we had got their super duper new manager. 

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And what about when all the injured players came back and we were still pish?  We have a squad that it is completely reliant on an injury prone 33 year old that was deemed not good enough for Norwich in the English Championship.  That’s a sad indictment of Hearts and Scottish football.

We’re obviously not going to agree but I don’t accept that building something means you have to be worse than St Mirren and Hamilton for 6 months.

He is 32 but just make it up to suit your agenda. Another post just made redundant through incorrect data. 

3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Its staying with levein as manager and McPhee his assistant. Not hard to understand is it.

Coaching staff may be adjusted though. Wait and see 

He said in his post match press conf last night that he will be back next season trying to ‘win a bloody trophy’. That sounds to me that he is not leaving unless he was just lying knowing that something different will be announced this week. Odd behaviour if that turns out to be the case. 

Inch Hearts
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think it’s 3 wins in last 11 for Hibs. Wish we had got their super duper new manager. 

Since when was Hibs any kind of benchmark?  They are shite and we should be well above them to be honest. Injuries or not. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He said in his post match press conf last night that he will be back next season trying to ‘win a bloody trophy’. That sounds to me that he is not leaving unless he was just lying knowing that something different will be announced this week. Odd behaviour if that turns out to be the case. 

Let’s hope for a dramatic change in style such as yesterday more often than not next season then with a little more empathis in attacking if it is the case.  He deserves next season for me. I hope he gets the backing. 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Since when was Hibs any kind of benchmark?  They are shite and we should be well above them to be honest. Injuries or not. 

Was just rounding out wheatfield warriors post

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Was just rounding out wheatfield warriors post

No bother mate. 

Spellczech

Has there ever been a day since Budge took over when nobody has called for the manager to be sacked?

• davemclaren locked this topic