The inevitable penalty

Maroon Sailor

20 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

That would be a unbelievable statistic if true.

Seems it is true. We should have contested the Collum appointment. We got rid of the wee shite for a while after Neilson called him out. 

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siegementality

• Maroon Sailor

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Riddley Walker

Robbo-Jambo
28 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Just checked londonhearts - It's true

GFA knew exactly what they were doing when they gave him the final. It's not even debatable now how corrupt that organisation is. They will continue to get away with it as well. Nothing can be done it seems

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. As I said in another thread he was appointed to make sure they got their precious treble treble. Absolute disgrace and totally sickening. Said to a mate as soon as we scored he would give them a penalty within 15 mins and tbh think Celtic knew that too and played for it, no matter how soft that wee **** would give it. 

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. As I said in another thread he was appointed to make sure they got their precious treble treble. Absolute disgrace and totally sickening. Said to a mate as soon as we scored he would give them a penalty within 15 mins and tbh think Celtic knew that too and played for it, no matter how soft that wee **** would give it. 

Bet his heart was in his mouth when Bobby nearly saved it as that meant he might have to find another inconspicuous penalty from somewhere

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Bet his heart was in his mouth when Bobby nearly saved it as that meant he might have to find another inconspicuous penalty from somewhere

No doubt he would have though. 

Read the BBC report of the 2014 LC tie. Funny how the mind plays tricks as I recall ours being a stonewaller and their penalty being soft. It was at a vital time, too, as we were well on top in the early part of the 2nd half. All the evidence would indicate ours had to be a stonewaller for that little shit to give it and that the BBC posted a typically biased report on the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29233038

andyscott82
13 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Anyone watching that footage and still claims it’s a penalty is a complete imbecile.

Spot on! It’s clear as day that Edouard cheated to win that penalty. 

It would surprise me that anybody would say it’s a legitimate penalty. What totally blows my mind is that ****ing Hearts fans are buying into this pish and agreeing with them!

It was cheating. Plain and simple. 

andyscott82

In the middle of cooking bacon rolls and posted twice!

Edited by andyscott82

3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

has Brown commented on the dive yet

Has the Compliance Officer?

I'll add in the :rofl: because we ALL know that is not going to happen.

maroonsgotop
7 minutes ago, Boof said:

Has the Compliance Officer?

I'll add in the :rofl: because we ALL know that is not going to happen.

yep. all we'll get is he was 'clever' etc etc yet when Walker got his penalty against them at Tynie he was called all the cheating barstewards by Brown and the media. The next time Beaton reffed us at Ibrox he booked Walker for 'diving' even though he got absolutely clattered. Let's face it, although Collum is the least worst ref in Scotland he was selected for a reason on Saturday

Don’t know if this has been discussed or if anyone has seen the still image on twitter supposedly of Bobby’s right boot making contact with Edouard. I’ve watch the footage til my eyes cross and I absolutely cannot see how that is from the incident: in the image Bobby’s knee is bent, he didn’t go into the challenge like that. Is it just me or can anyone explain how that can be the same incident?

14 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Don’t know if this has been discussed or if anyone has seen the still image on twitter supposedly of Bobby’s right boot making contact with Edouard. I’ve watch the footage til my eyes cross and I absolutely cannot see how that is from the incident: in the image Bobby’s knee is bent, he didn’t go into the challenge like that. Is it just me or can anyone explain how that can be the same incident?

I thought that too. Looks like another incident or it's been photoshopped. The sad thing is that there is no story to be made out of "professional footballer cheats". It's hardly a shock and the football authorities aren't remotely interested in sorting it out.

I believe the third image, from

Twitter, to be fake.

Bobby does not slide in on his left. His knee never bends like that. There is no contact on OE’s left foot in the footage. It’s fake.

Edited by Juanjo

Hackney Hearts
21 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Deary me. Did they touch?

And if the Celtic man did the deliberate touching, you think it's an offence?

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound like a reference to historical abuse.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Juanjo said:

Twitter, to be fake.

Look at his right foot in the first one. 

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Look at his right foot in the first one. 

You’re maybe seeing something I’m not. Who’s right foot? I may just be blinkered by emotion here.

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

The more I see it, the more pissed off I get.

Don't give Collum the satisfaction. He enjoyed his treble treble party on Saturday night with the rest of his family.

Selected with an agenda and a remit. Objective achieved. 100 per cent record maintained in awarding Celtic a penalty in cup ties against Hearts.

I bet he sleeps easy at night as well

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

You’re maybe seeing something I’m not. Who’s right foot? I may just be blinkered by emotion here.

The hooped diver - he's dragging the top of his foot on the pitch. Tell tale sign of going down early

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Collum isn't to blame for giving that.  It looked a stonewaller at the time.  On a replay it's a clear dive but he's done it well

Byyy The Light
19 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Don't give Collum the satisfaction. He enjoyed his treble treble party on Saturday night with the rest of his family.

Selected with an agenda and a remit. Objective achieved. 100 per cent record maintained in awarding Celtic a penalty in cup ties against Hearts.

I bet he sleeps easy at night as well

Can’t help it. That was a chance for an epic cup win and we were cheated out of it.  Thought at the game it was a stick on penalty.

Memory is hazy but Bain took the free kick that led to the goal miles from where Souttar fouled the Celtic player on the touchline.

Geoff Kilpatrick
38 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

And if the Celtic man did the deliberate touching, you think it's an offence?

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound like a reference to historical abuse.

:laugh: Very good.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Can’t help it. That was a chance for an epic cup win and we were cheated out of it.  Thought at the game it was a stick on penalty.

Memory is hazy but Bain took the free kick that led to the goal miles from where Souttar fouled the Celtic player on the touchline.

We were never winning that.

It was hoped Celtic would stroll to a comfortable 3-0 win but they've had a contingency plan in place should Hearts score first. Panic set in with Collum and he did something about it as soon as he could.

Strawberry Jam

When walker got a penalty against Celtic he was called out by the media and a massive deal was made even though, ultimately it didn’t impact the final score. On Saturday a player dived for a penalty which had a massive impact on the final score. Any outrage or condemnation from the media. Not a peep. And yet they still believe the media, authorities are out to get them. Unbelievable.

Dagger Is Back
59 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Nothing wrong with your memory. The free kick should have been taken from the touchline.

Had it been our penalty that’s exactly where it would have been taken from.

Still doesn’t excuse schoolboy defending but taking the free kick from the centre of your own box instead of the touchline is quite a difference 

Byyy The Light
36 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Nothing wrong with your memory. The free kick should have been taken from the touchline.

Had it been our penalty that’s exactly where it would have been taken from.

Still doesn’t excuse schoolboy defending but taking the free kick from the centre of your own box instead of the touchline is quite a difference 

Sorry I meant the second goal, not the lead up to the penalty. 

If it was was us Collum would’ve insisted it was taken at the touchline and that second goal never happens. It’s the small seemingly innocuous things like that that they get away with that has a huge impact on games.

Edited by Byyy The Light

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Sorry I meant the second goal, not the lead up to the penalty. 

If it was was us Collum would’ve insisted it was taken at the touchline and that second goal never happens. It’s the small seemingly innocuous things like that that they get away with that has a huge impact on games.

Sorry yes I put penalty but meant free kick. Souttar fouled the boy right in front of the AR and there was a bit of afters too.

How they get away with taking the free kick from inside their own box when we get penalised for trying to take one a few yards away beggars belief.

As you say, wee things like that can change games.

Edited by Dagger Is Back

feedthefox

All this forensic examination of the penalty simply prolongs the disappointment, putting aside his previous Collum had a good game and I recon 9/10 refs give the penalty. 

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

All this forensic examination of the penalty simply prolongs the disappointment, putting aside his previous Collum had a good game and I recon 9/10 refs give the penalty. 

He was always going to give it, so 10% of scottish refs would not have, about right on our standard of refs, hopeless.

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

My disappointment is washed away with the sheer predictability of him giving them a penalty against us.

There are no what ifs or if onlys from my point of view. It was happening no matter what.

Robbo-Jambo
40 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

My disappointment is washed away with the sheer predictability of him giving them a penalty against us.

There are no what ifs or if onlys from my point of view. It was happening no matter what.

If it hadn't been then it was always going to happen sometime. Collum was an insurance policy for the game. They expected to win easy but if they were struggling he was there to bail them out. That treble treble had to be won no matter how they got it.

Must admit I am a bit surprised that nothing has come out from Hearts about the whole situation although I realise it wouldn't change the result. There must have a lot of ******* angry guys in our dressing room.

Last 5 Cup games v them when Collum is in charge has resulted in penalties. I am sorry that is not normal or a coincidence. 

No wonder Nelson said what he did about preparing to play with 10 men when that fhannie was in charge. IIRC correctly Paterson got sent off in that game at Hamilton but card was rescinded, so basically Robbie was correct with his views.

Least it stopped us getting that cheat for a long while to ref our games. 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Sorry yes I put penalty but meant free kick. Souttar fouled the boy right in front of the AR and there was a bit of afters too.

How they get away with taking the free kick from inside their own box when we get penalised for trying to take one a few yards away beggars belief.

As you say, wee things like that can change games.

Thats how I remembered it. I was in C1 and it was right in front of me.  I’d had a few beers so wasn’t sure I’d somehow missed a defender playing the free kick short to Bain. He took it more or less as a bye kick despite the tussle being the defender shepherding the ball out for a throw. 

3 hours ago, feedthefox said:

I don't think too many refs wouldn't have given it either (until VAR is introduced and up here you still never know).

One thing that is certain should happen is that Eduard is cited and to have the dishonour of the first player to have won his team a Scottish Cup, but be known as cheat.

Again, it isn't going to happen.

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

I don't think too many refs wouldn't have given it either (until VAR is introduced and up here you still never know).

One thing that is certain should happen is that Eduard is cited and to have the dishonour of the first player to have won his team a Scottish Cup, but be known as cheat.

Again, it isn't going to happen.

Spot on but it doesn’t help that as a club we seem content to just take another shafting. 

Felix Lighter
8 hours ago, Juanjo said:

Twitter, to be fake.

Bobby does not slide in on his left. His knee never bends like that. There is no contact on OE’s left foot in the footage. It’s fake.

It's obviously fake.If it were real, the image would include Berra, clearly visible behind the diving cheat.There are other obvious give aways also.

It wasn't a Sun photographer by any chance?

GorgieRules22

If a Hearts player dives in the final, Lawell,Lennon and Brown would all be in the media mouthing off. What’s wrong with us ? We’re a soft touch.

2 hours ago, Felix Lighter said:

It's obviously fake.If it were real, the image would include Berra, clearly visible behind the diving cheat.There are other obvious give aways also.

It wasn't a Sun photographer by any chance?

If that’s not photoshopped then it’s the offside incident in the first half that Bobby saved. Whatever it is, it’s a horrendous attempt to justify cheating by highlighting something that never happened during the incident.

Robbo-Jambo

Noticed on the stv news at six they should our goal and Celtics winner. Never showed the penalty or the incident that led to it. 

Funny that. ?

Quick shout out to Sportscene. Not the highlights of our game, but the highlights of the playoff second leg. They showed highlights of our game at the end of the show, and afterwards both Mikey Stewart and Steven Thomson (and I think Jonathan Sutherland) agreed that it shouldn't have been a penalty. 

There were always divers in Scottish football but first Andreas Thom and then Larsson brought this tuck the leg in and fall over dive to the game.  So hard for a referee to spot it too.

doctor jambo

So far in work this morning I've had 5 folk approach me

- various clubs represented

All stating it was a dive and we were robbed

Earlier in the thread I listed the five penalties Collum has awarded against us in cup ties. Two were not (Saturday and Guidetti), one was VERY controversial (Murrayfield) and two were debatable (SC 2013/14 when we were trailing 5 or 6-0 and the 2014/15 LC tie which was given for the first challenge in our box following our penalty that night)

It took me a couple of minutes to recall these when they were pointed out. I challenge you to name five controversial incidents against Celtic in any competition from any combination of refs that went in our favour?

I’ll start by confessing that I’d have been hacked off if the 2012 penalty had been given against us but even that came after an equaliser that should not have stood.

Maroon Sailor

Got back onboard my ship and a few mentioned that Edouard stuck his leg on to Bobby

Told them about Collum's background and his record of awarding penalties to Celtic in cup matches v Hearts (which they found staggering) and none of them can understand why he was allowed to be the referee.

gorgie rd eh11
15 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Earlier in the thread I listed the five penalties Collum has awarded against us in cup ties. Two were not (Saturday and Guidetti), one was VERY controversial (Murrayfield) and two were debatable (SC 2013/14 when we were trailing 5 or 6-0 and the 2014/15 LC tie which was given for the first challenge in our box following our penalty that night)

It took me a couple of minutes to recall these when they were pointed out. I challenge you to name five controversial incidents against Celtic in any competition from any combination of refs that went in our favour?

I’ll start by confessing that I’d have been hacked off if the 2012 penalty had been given against us but even that came after an equaliser that should not have stood.

I remember a dodgy throw in about 95/96.

Stephen_East

Couldn't blame the ref for giving it from the angle he was BUT unforgivable for pundits/sportscene post-match not to call out Edouard for being the diving cheating ******* that he is.

18 minutes ago, Stephen_East said:

Couldn't blame the ref for giving it from the angle he was BUT unforgivable for pundits/sportscene post-match not to call out Edouard for being the diving cheating ******* that he is.

Compare and contrast with the overtly racist vilification that Miko got after being clipped (yes, there WAS contact from the defender) in the Scotland-Lithuania game.

Or Jamie Walker v Celtic - and we all know why he got booked at Ibrox shortly thereafter...for being halved in a tackle.

The media are a ****ing joke. A spineless, yellow-bellied, lily-livered joke.

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

If that’s not photoshopped then it’s the offside incident in the first half that Bobby saved. Whatever it is, it’s a horrendous attempt to justify cheating by highlighting something that never happened during the incident.

It was from another incident in the game, you can see Zlamals number and he didn’t turn his back in the penalty incident.

Pasquale for King
On 27/05/2019 at 10:54, Juanjo said:

Twitter, to be fake.

It’s from another incident in the game, first half I think when he was wrongly given offside and the goalie saved it.