Running for Hearts

Gav Aitchison

Gav Aitchison

Hi folks,

Sorry for the shameless plug here, but I'm sure you'll agree it's for a worthy cause.

Nine members of the York Hearts Supporters Club are doing a 10k run in October to raise money for Cancer Research UK, and we're after some sponsorship. As someone who regularly drinks, curries, and plays football with those who are taking part, I can honestly say that this will be some achievement for all concerned!

York Hearts was formed in 2006, to serve Hearts supporters in and around York. We've since grown to about 50 members - around 35 genuine Jambos, and about 15 who we are in the process of converting. I know we drew some ire on here when we unintentially voted Miko as our player of the year for 2006/07, but hopefully bygones can be bygones! :)

At our St Andrew's Night bash last November we raised ?550 for the children's unit at York Hospital, and we're hoping to raise at least a similar amount this time round. for another worthy cause.

We've set up a dedicated fundraising page for anyone willing to sponsor us: http://www.run10ksponsorme.org/YorkHearts

All donations, however big or small, will be gratefully received. Let's prove to all the English down here that Scots aren't tight-fisted after all!

Cheers

Archived