***The official we're going to pump Celtic (in the final) thread ***

Sarah O

It's the hope that kills you! Berra was colossal today but it's his two stupid errors that have lost us that. Terrific performance from every single player and it just wasn't our day - I can live with that. 

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bauld

• Morgan

• iantjambo

• Marvin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Proud of the team! So close to pulling off the upset against all odds, we just can't get a break against this lot!

I’ve said it already, but that was a massive performance by Hearts. We’ve been riven by injuries, our form has been awful, but that was full of guts and determination. TBH we deserved better. Bobby switched off for a moment and that was the penalty (soft, but there was never the slightest chance of it not being given), and the defence switched off for a moment to allow Edouard through (brilliant run by him, to be fair). Possibly the only two mistakes we made all game.

Best performances, for me, were from our least heralded players. Edwards couldn’t get a game all season. Clare has been a hate figure for some ever since we signed him. Hickey is 16 and has barely played a first team game. And Mulraney has improved greatly recently, but looked hopeless 6 months ago. All of them had cracking games.

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Gutted , But **** me I love our team ??❤️?? We WILL win trophies with that team. Naismith to come back , best attacking display we have had in months and hearing the fans still singing in the 91st minute ❤️

Bang on mate.

A few quality signings, an injury free season, then who knows. 

Deserved to win the Cup today, gutted for the team

Feels a bit like '95. Hopefully the start of something we can build on. Hickey was excellent, everyone ran themselves into the ground.

I expected a bit of a hiding but we were very good and very unlucky not to at least take it to extra time. Proud of the team, the manager and the fans today. We went in hope rather than expectation and the players almost gave us the unimaginable.

Time for bed here in NZ now. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday fellow Jambos.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Scott Bain doesn't deserve a winners medal. Talk about an utter passenger in that team.

Colin Doyle is a better keeper.

Mr Kipling

I'm gutted we lost, and I'm annoyed with both Celtic's goals.... but **** me that was some performance. Well done Hearts, we deserved to win - feel proud because that was an excellent performance.... 

I'm not trying to be a dick but Wighton was the only player with negative marks for me - I really fail to see what Levein likes about him.

Edited by Mr Kipling

MatthewHMFC

Absolutely tremendous effort from everyone in maroon today. Celtic aren’t a shade of the side they used to be, and we are still a shite side with a complete lack of any technical ability 

part_time_jambo
10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Ran them so close, if Naismith was fit we would have won that. Took a penalty to get an expensive side back in the game.

No shame, just dispiriting if these ***** continue to win everything ad infinitum.

They won't though. Rangers will spend money they don't have again to stop them.

1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Bang on mate.

A few quality signings, an injury free season, then who knows. 

Deserved to win the Cup today, gutted for the team

Just now, JamboJen said:

Feels a bit like '95. Hopefully the start of something we can build on. Hickey was excellent, everyone ran themselves into the ground.

I expected a bit of a hiding but we were very good and very unlucky not to at least take it to extra time. Proud of the team, the manager and the fans today. We went in hope rather than expectation and the players almost gave us the unimaginable.

I had 2-1 us today. Did indeed deserve it and we made Celtic look average. £9million player punished two mistakes. 

Even when they went 2-1 up we still went for it and they were more rattled in that game than any other final in this run. 

HHGH ????????

1 minute ago, MatthewHMFC said:

Absolutely tremendous effort from everyone in maroon today. Celtic aren’t a shade of the side they used to be, and we are still a shite side with a complete lack of any technical ability 

4 posts and that’s what you lead with? Get this eejit out of here, mods.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Gutted , But **** me I love our team ??❤️?? We WILL win trophies with that team. Naismith to come back , best attacking display we have had in months and hearing the fans still singing in the 91st minute ❤️

Had Naisy been playing today, the cup would've been coming back home to Edinburgh.

Cruyff Turn

****ing gutted. 

We were magnificent. Craig got his tactics spot on.

Never a penalty in a million years. VAR would never have given that. Diving prick. 

2 minutes ago, MatthewHMFC said:

? Inkeeping with the rest of your posts then 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

? Inkeeping with the rest of your posts then 

He’s got 4 posts. One praising Stubbs in 2016, one praising Cummings in 2016, one random one and one today calling us shite. No danger is this guy a Hearts fan.

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Had Naisy been playing today, the cup would've been coming back home to Edinburgh.

100% Every man was immense out there

Disser Pointon
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

****ing gutted. 

We were magnificent. Craig got his tactics spot on.

Never a penalty in a million years. VAR would never have given that. Diving prick. 

It was a PK, Bobby had it covered and pulled out for some reason. 

Without taking any credit away from those who did play, can't help feeling that if Naismth and Uche had been fit, we would have won with something to spare.

Proud of them.

MatthewHMFC
3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

4 posts and that’s what you lead with? Get this eejit out of here, mods.

Do you disagree? Interested to hear your opinion if so 

Just now, MatthewHMFC said:

You’re an obvious troll. Please just do us all a favour and leave.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

100% Every man was immense out there

Didn't see, but Imo Hickey deserved MoM he was first class. 

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, MatthewHMFC said:

Do one.

We are the Hearts

Just now, Doc Rob said:

He’s got 4 posts. One praising Stubbs in 2016, one praising Cummings in 2016, one random one and one today calling us shite. No danger is this guy a Hearts fan.

My thoughts too ? what a ***** being on here slagging us when all his mates are in their beds. 

Celtic were average cause Hearts made them average today. Two errors and a soft as penalty that Collum would always give and we still weren’t out of it. Times this season we go behind we know its over. We had a few chances after their second today. That was a Hearts performance to be proud of and the support reacted to it. ??

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

It was a PK, Bobby had it covered and pulled out for some reason. 

Not for me. Never touched him. He was going down before Bobby got near him. Dive all day long.

MatthewHMFC
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

You’re an obvious troll. Please just do us all a favour and leave.

Sat in section W since I was 7 years old, entitled to my opinion just like yourself??‍♂️ 

Disser Pointon
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Not for me. Never touched him. He was going down before Bobby got near him. Dive all day long.

Bobby's indecision gave him the opportunity though, he was out quick and just had to spread himself but he shat it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I thought it was a stonewaller. Yes, Bobby tried to pull away but the slightest contact in that situation will be a penalty. He's clean through and going round the keeper.

Disser Pointon
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I thought it was a stonewaller. Yes, Bobby tried to pull away but the slightest contact in that situation will be a penalty. He's clean through and going round the keeper.

Sadly agree. ?

11 minutes ago, MatthewHMFC said:

Utter shite. We played a lot of excellent pass and move football today and out played celtic for most of the game.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1 minute ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Bobby's indecision gave him the opportunity though, he was out quick and just had to spread himself but he shat it. 

Mental how folk see things differently. Thought it was but so so so soft and he was going down but gibe Collum a chance and at 1-0 always going to give it

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Would VAR have given it?

Nope. Because it was a dive.

That said I’ve only seen it once but 100% certain he went down before any contact. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Mental how folk see things differently. Thought it was but so so so soft and he was going down but gibe Collum a chance and at 1-0 always going to give it

The immediate reaction from all three of us here was "oh ****! Penalty". If we are having that reaction with maroon glasses on what do you expect Gollum to do?

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, sadj said:

The ref had to give it from his position. Can’t blame Collum. But VAR imo would have ruled it a dive. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Would VAR have given it?

Nope. Because it was a dive.

That said I’ve only seen it once but 100% certain he went down before any contact. 

I watched the replay and still said penalty. As for VAR, I laughed at it giving United that penalty against PSG so feck knows what it would have done in that situation.

The immediate reaction from all three of us here was "oh ****! Penalty". If we are having that reaction with maroon glasses on what do you expect Gollum to do?

I was the same but part of it was knowing Collum was the ref it was an “oh **** Collum’s going to give that”

Cruyff Turn

I watched the replay and still said penalty. As for VAR, I laughed at it giving United that penalty against PSG so feck knows what it would have done in that situation.

I suppose. It’s still weegie refs. 

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This, it was a penalty all day long.  An absolute stonewaller and as soon as he went down you know it had to be given.  Poor from Bobby. 

Update just seen the slow mos and still a penalty for me, the angle Collum had he could only give it.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

It almost doesn’t matter whether there was a foul or not. The minute the situation arose, the Celtic player was always going to go down, and Collum was always going to award the penalty. The actual challenge is almost irrelevant, and that’s what is annoying.

19 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

It’s what I thought at the final whistle. Particularly for the younger players today is huge. They’ll know the pain and the experience is invaluable 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I thought it was a pen. Any player is going to take the element of doubt & use it in that position.

Thought Zlamal should actually have saved it. Hey-ho.

c'est la vie.

11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That's how I saw it but you knew it was going to be given by that corrupt #######!

Stephen Muddie
5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It almost doesn’t matter whether there was a foul or not. The minute the situation arose, the Celtic player was always going to go down, and Collum was always going to award the penalty. The actual challenge is almost irrelevant, and that’s what is annoying.

Yes. this. The corruption in our game is highly annoying.

Gorillajam

On my home. Fantastic atmosphere. Celtic fans were very quiet up until they scored. We played exceptionally well. We really deserved to have won. Haring should have buried his header. Not a penalty for their equalizer - I don't normally accuse referees of bias but thats two cup finals this season in which Celtic have had dubious penalties awarded to them. Well done to the young lad Hickey - he has a future in this game. I thought we caused them a lot of trouble on the flanks. Mulraney was very good - I've actually really come around to him this second half of the season. Haring was Superb and would be my MOTM - was a shame he had to come off. I think if Naismith had been fit today we'd have won. I'm absolutely gutted but proud of our performance. Eduaord (however you spell his name) is not worth 9 million. Astonished by how overrated that lad is.

I didn't see it myself but just been told Brown confronted Uche at the end.

Cruyff Turn

Just seen it again a few times, It’s a dive. Bobby doesn’t need to come for it and from refs angle it’s a pen. VAR wouldn’t have given it though because he goes down with no contact. ?‍♂️

Tough decision for the ref but we should have VAR for that reason alone. 

Malinga the Swinga

Managed to avoid posting for almost two years, but just wanted to record the undernoted 

**** off Michael Stewart, you are an absolute *****

**** off John Hartson, you are a waste of skin and a ***** of a man

**** off Steven Thompson - what an absolute *****

**** off Rob Mclean 

**** off Packie Bonner - a man who is paid by the BBC to be a *****

**** off Neil Lennon - amongst a bunch of *****, you are a supreme *****

Willie Collum - a cheating ***** of a man who is allowed to referee the team he supports by an association who are interested in 2 teams to the detriment of everyone else. No one was ever going to be allowed to stop them winning.