What’s your favourite (current AND old school) aftershave?

Mr Sifter

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

As someone who has a favourite which includes 'blue' in the name I would like to ask: what is the obsession with the colour blue in terms of aftershave names? It seems rife.

The word blue is supposed to make us think of something as 'cool and refreshing'.

15 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

8494292_R_Z001A.jpeg

I've got this one.  I've had a few different Hugo Boss ones this is my favourite, just now.

28663.jpg

Edit: Jesus, that's a big picture.

Edited by Lemongrab

Teenage me.. Insignia 

20's and 30's me... Joop!

40's me.. Acqua Di Gio

Iv'e always hated shaving,  not hairy enough to grow a fabby beard, just bumfluff :44:

The Mighty Thor
15 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I originally baulked at the price but my brother got given a bottle by his bursd and after having a wee splash I bought it it’s class. You don’t need to splash a lot on and tbh I’m always a bit wary of overdoing it too. 

It needs tae last at that price :lol: 

Its quality gear.

A little goes a long way, which as you say is just as well ?

I bought the wife the Virgin Island Water perfume. It's amazing.

Always got a few on rotation. Currently got:

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa

Tom Ford For Men

Tom Ford Noir Extreme

Tom Ford Anthracite

Commes Des Garçon Wonderwood

Francis Kurkdjian Amyris

Dior Homme Sport

Amyris and Colonia Intensa probably my favourites

Sooperstar
3 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

The word blue is supposed to make us think of something as 'cool and refreshing'.

Thought there must be a reason behind it. Thanks.

millerjames398

Fahrenheit was a classic scent, think it was that or cool waters were my first, but id go for Fahrenheit as my favourite old school one, just now its between lacoste or Ralph lauren, but id probably go for lacoste, nice fresh cirtus kind of smell off it.

millerjames398

My old man used to have some beauts,

Blue strattos, hai karate, old spice, brut..to coin a phrase "formidable scents"???

17 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I originally baulked at the price but my brother got given a bottle by his bursd and after having a wee splash I bought it it’s class. You don’t need to splash a lot on and tbh I’m always a bit wary of overdoing it too. 

It needs tae last at that price :lol: 

I have Creed Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water and Viking...which are also decent.

New Aventus Cologne about to be released...will probably pick that up, as my Aventus is nearly finished.

2988C1BC-2172-4625-9EAB-CA24B1C0DDC8.jpeg

Edited by Deviskan

A good aftershave is timeless. 

Loved at various points a lot of those mentioned in here so far.

Givenchy gentlemen

Jazz

Cool Water

Joop

Aramis etc..

Still use Aramis (although ran out last year), Joop, Cool Water, Paco Rabanne, PR XS,... 

I'd like to give a shout out for  Drakkar Noir, Cacharel, Polo (love a splash of Polo, takes me back to nights on the pull in early 90's,.. not very successful nights I might add but that was due to my drink fuelled ignorance and compensating for a lack of confidence using brashness and a fondness for Harry Enfield sketches to win affections..)

More modern fragrances I like are Diesel Only the Brave Tattoo and actually a few Avon ones. My wife gets the Avon and they are pretty close to many much more expensive stuffs.  

Mrs used to like me wearing (d'you call it 'wearing'?) KL by Karl Lagerfeld or Drakkar Noir when we were courting.

Now I vary between beardy and non-beardy for no particular reason and haven't worn aftershave for probably nigh on 30 years!

On 17/05/2019 at 18:11, luckyBatistuta said:

That needs to go in the bucket, wouldn’t be putting that anywhere near my skin.

weegranty knows his aftershaves, only one I use now.

Can’t remember them all, but these have been a few of my  favourites over the years

0D6E6A94-387B-4D51-AAF8-B885B57D16DF.jpeg

CBA92C8A-E3B6-482B-8195-D1F78092A7F0.jpeg

2E377A9B-69EF-4B65-989E-43410CD59767.png

0F7F8B21-1061-48CA-A311-8198F745C5F4.jpeg

Loved the Armani one at the top, god knows how many bottles of that I’ve bought over the years. 

Currently using the day/night Hugo boss combo

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, Deviskan said:

I have Creed Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water and Viking...which are also decent.

New Aventus Cologne about to be released...will probably pick that up, as my Aventus is nearly finished.

2988C1BC-2172-4625-9EAB-CA24B1C0DDC8.jpeg

When I seem you’d quoted me I thought aw here we go he’s having a go at me again. Was ready for it :lol: 

Sooperstar
On 18/05/2019 at 21:37, Boof said:

Mrs used to like me wearing (d'you call it 'wearing'?) KL by Karl Lagerfeld or Drakkar Noir when we were courting.

Now I vary between beardy and non-beardy for no particular reason and haven't worn aftershave for probably nigh on 30 years!

I like that you are still sticking to the rules.

On 17/05/2019 at 13:54, Mr Sifter said:

Always liked a wee bit splash, from my formative years to the present day. From my first encounters with Jazz, Joop and Cool Waters, to Issey Miyake and CK One,* I’ve always had a particular favourite at any moment in time. Just now it’s Gentleman by Givenchy, but my favourite old school classic has got to be a wee bit Fahrenheit. So what’s your current, and old school, favourite?

*No doubt there will be some aftershave snob out there laughing at my choices, but feck ye, I liked them and that’s what counts ?

726C362F-981C-4F8F-AFBE-92B7633F64EA.jpeg

3DFBAEBC-A531-4036-83CD-4F4E7AD3B771.jpeg

Fahrenheit for about the past 20+ years

Samuel Camazzola

Chanel Allure is the all time classic and still my favourite. 

From my youthful days,  Clinique Happy was a popular choice. 

Within the last 10 years, Thierry Mugler Cologne has been a trusty back up to Allure. 

Chanel allure home sport

chanel bleu 

prada luna rossa

tom ford noir extreme 

The above is what I’ve had last couple of years and can’t see past them 

Current favourite....truly beautiful stuff.......Tom Ford - Black Orchid

Image result for tom ford after shave

Old School would be.......

image.jpeg.a9eb381d544f3a768457f4c4575be155.jpeg

Edited by moz

I dont have many aftershaves but I really like cirruti 1881. I have a spray of that or diesel only the brave for work.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly the top scent that could be described as the marmite of aftershave. 

Not had a smell of it for a few decades now BUT it always reminds me of a certain crew of Hearts fans travelling to Aberdeen in 1988 and a holiday to Corfu in 1990. 

Between 18-21 Acqua Di gio Armani 

21 upwards either Lacoste silver or Issey Miyake

These days I'm Armani Code or Sauvage  

However...........The best aftershave I ever owned was a bottle of aftershave with no name bought in some backstreet shop on holiday in Egypt. This stuff was incredible and the scent lasted ages. Unfortunately I had it in my pocket and it smashed one day and the stuff soaked half my jacket. Wrote the jacket off completely

Edited by AW1
Typo