Highlight of last season?

Robbo27_22

jamboinglasgow

I would say the Hearts 4-2 against Rangers was a great game that got me thinking maybe we can play well, sadly nothing else came.

The Rangers game and the 2-0 win over Celtic in the mickey mouse cup were the only highlights last season.

Francis Albert

Specifically, the fourth goal v Rangers and the second v Celtic. Meagre though the highlights were I can think of a few seasons when I'd have given a lot just for those two.

shaun.lawson
Specifically, the fourth goal v Rangers and the second v Celtic. Meagre though the highlights were I can think of a few seasons when I'd have given a lot just for those two.

Such as?

Francis Albert
Such as?

Leaving aside the relegation years:

66/67 Thumped by Celtic twice in the LC and home and away in the league all without scoring;got a home draw with Rangers but lost 5-1 away; 11th place finish

72/73 Just the Tommy Murray sitting on ball and crossing for Ford which qualified as a highlight; enjoyable but hardly a counterwiight to losing 2-0 and by an unmentionable score to Hibs; 10th place

74/75; Amassed a grand total of 3 points (no wins) against Rangers, Celtic, and Hibs; 10th place

And then there were the four seasons we didn't even get to play Rangers, Celtic or Hibs in the league but lost all four cup ties against the OF.

Admittedly younger fans have had it better.

Bindy Badgy

Rangers 4-2 was the only game I went to this season that I properly enjoyed.

If anyone has a recording of it that I can get a copy of please let me know

shaun.lawson
Leaving aside the relegation years:

66/67 Thumped by Celtic twice in the LC and home and away in the league all without scoring;got a home draw with Rangers but lost 5-1 away; 11th place finish

72/73 Just the Tommy Murray sitting on ball and crossing for Ford which qualified as a highlight; enjoyable but hardly a counterwiight to losing 2-0 and by an unmentionable score to Hibs; 10th place

74/75; Amassed a grand total of 3 points (no wins) against Rangers, Celtic, and Hibs; 10th place

And then there were the four seasons we didn't even get to play Rangers, Celtic or Hibs in the league but lost all four cup ties against the OF.

Admittedly younger fans have had it better.

Fair enough. I asked out of curiosity as to whether you meant any seasons since promotion - and the worst campaign in a quarter of a century is bad enough as far as I'm concerned.

During the half time penalty challenge, the guy who ended up on his backside trying to kick the ball!

Dirk Diggler

On reflection, I found it quite satisfying that after witnessing our worst ever SPL campaign, Hibs finished 4(?) points and 2 places above us and most of their fans would consider it a 'good season'.

Not a highlight obviously, That would be the victories of Rangers, Celtic and the Vermin.

Fulltime whistle at the last home game, couldn't get out quick enough! Let's hope for much,much better this season, it might encourage me to buy a half-season ticket at Christmas cos it's hell not buying one for the first time in 15 years!!

Guest jambomickey
On reflection, I found it quite satisfying that after witnessing our worst ever SPL campaign, Hibs finished 4(?) points and 2 places above us and most of their fans would consider it a 'good season'.

Not a highlight obviously, That would be the victories of Rangers, Celtic and the Vermin.

agree with everything you said!

Paisley Jambo

Miko scoring late on at Love Street. I hate these bar stewards and can't stand losing to them.

Archived