Jump to content
AlimOzturk

European Elections

Recommended Posts

Jambo-Jimbo
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Have I got news for you cancelled because Heidi Allen is a guest, yet Nigel Farage is let loose the night before and Johnny Mercer is on the show the week before. Disgraceful BBC once again.

 

The reason the pre-recorded episode was pulled was seemingly due to OFCOM's rules which apply during an election campaign.

Broadcasting regulator Ofcom's election rules state, among other things, that neither candidates in elections, nor representatives of those candidates, are allowed to "act as news presenters, interviewers or presenters of any type of programme during the election period".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48235812

Have I Got News For You is classed as an entertainment programme and falls into the above OFCOM rule, Question Time which both Farage & Anna Soubry appeared on the night before presumably isn't classed as an entertainment programme thus it doesn't fall foul of OFCOM's rules by politicians appearing on it.

 

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stokesy
Just now, Cade said:

Leaflet from Herr Farage's lot through the door today.

It's now been torn up, set on fire and the ashes flushed down the shitter.

 

:verysmug:

 

I was thinking about drawing a penis on his head, writing 'return to sender' on it and still king it in the post box. Not sure if it would get to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

The reason the pre-recorded episode was pulled was seemingly due to OFCOM's rules which apply during an election campaign.

Broadcasting regulator Ofcom's election rules state, among other things, that neither candidates in elections, nor representatives of those candidates, are allowed to "act as news presenters, interviewers or presenters of any type of programme during the election period".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48235812

Have I Got News For You is classed as an entertainment programme and falls into the above OFCOM rule, Question Time which both Farage & Anna Soubry appeared on the night before presumably isn't classed as an entertainment programme thus it doesn't fall foul of OFCOM's rules by politicians appearing on it.

 

He's on Marr this week too, just in case we haven't seen him nod and shout to the rhythm in his own head. About Independence while denying Scotland the same.  Unionists who say this , like Fox, ,IFS, Gove and Johnson shouldn't really campaign against Indyref2, because Farage and those lot would have been on the campaign trail for Euref2 if they'd lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chuck berrys hairline

I don't see any point I voted yes never won it. Then voted leave won the vote but didn't get it. Might aswell waste my vote as I never expected to be voting in this according to our last vote. Surely whoever campaigns for leave will get most votes. Those saying what about leave not respecting Scotland's EU vote. Why would to vote out of one union but want to stay in another?? ? Either want total control or don't ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's on Marr this week too, just in case we haven't seen him nod and shout to the rhythm in his own head. About Independence while denying Scotland the same.  Unionists who say this , like Fox, ,IFS, Gove and Johnson shouldn't really campaign against Indyref2, because Farage and those lot would have been on the campaign trail for Euref2 if they'd lost. 

 

Oh I'd guess there'll be numerous politicians on every one of the Sunday political programmes, some people will like who is on whilst other people will dislike the same politician, swings and roundabouts mate.

 

I have no doubts that would have happened, you just need to look at Sturgeon & her crew for an example of banging on about another referendum after losing the first one, again it's all swings and roundabouts pal, it's all part of the game called politics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade
Posted (edited)

D6dvSoSW4AA__Xl.thumb.jpg.6893e5c5e09545e415f94080f6cce5bc.jpg

 

:vrface: Shannest "battle bus" ever?!

Edited by Cade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

:scenes:

 

When you make a new party but forget to bag a domain name, letting protesters in.
https://thebrexitparty.com/

Scumbags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

:scenes:

 

When you make a new party but forget to bag a domain name, letting protesters in.
https://thebrexitparty.com/

Brilliant. :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peter_hmfc
On 02/05/2019 at 22:17, Notts1874 said:

Im fully behind these elections for this reason alone.

 

 

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_D5k-7w3XkAAA7_O.jpg

 

:pleasing:         :pleasing:         :pleasing:

 

*Sad MLG airhorn*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions

See the oil snake viper and enemy of the working class has had his snout in the trough.

 

Did those that voted to leave the EU really vote for what is now on offer, i mean do they really expect the public to be that zipped up the back that they dont know that they are getting taken for a ride by the money men and women.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

See the oil snake viper and enemy of the working class has had his snout in the trough.

 

Did those that voted to leave the EU really vote for what is now on offer, i mean do they really expect the public to be that zipped up the back that they dont know that they are getting taken for a ride by the money men and women.

 

 

 

 

Doesn't surprise me with that snake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions

The snake oil salesman has his fingers in a few pies it seems. BREXIT was created to suit and line the pockets of the super rich.

 

 

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, suit and text

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions

Lovely jubbly.

 

 

Image may contain: 3 people, outdoor and text
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glynnlondon

The public don't care I'd imagine everyone has chosen a side and if you're not with them you're the enemy.

It's the way of politics these days from Brexit to the Indy ref.

Won't be changing anytime soon.

What a shambles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade
32 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

The public don't care I'd imagine everyone has chosen a side and if you're not with them you're the enemy.

It's the way of politics these days from Brexit to the Indy ref.

Won't be changing anytime soon.

What a shambles.

First Past The Post encourages division, tribalism and two party states.

 

Consensus politics and negotiating with other parties in a mystery to UK politicians, which is how we got into this state in the first place.

Take the House of Commons for example. Braying like donkeys, waving bits of paper in the air at each other like a bunch of prep school bullies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
15 minutes ago, Cade said:

First Past The Post encourages division, tribalism and two party states.

 

Consensus politics and negotiating with other parties in a mystery to UK politicians, which is how we got into this state in the first place.

Take the House of Commons for example. Braying like donkeys, waving bits of paper in the air at each other like a bunch of prep school bullies.

I'd get the jail if I was voted into Wm. After I attacked a few Tory Barstewards. The only thing I'd need consider first, is with or without a chib.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gashauskis9
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Lovely jubbly.

 

 

Image may contain: 3 people, outdoor and text
 

He could teach you about the economic benefits of Brexit, but he’d have to charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I'd get the jail if I was voted into Wm. After I attacked a few Tory Barstewards. The only thing I'd need consider first, is with or without a chib.

That's because you are a right wing nationalist thug.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Lovely jubbly.

 

 

Image may contain: 3 people, outdoor and text
 

That will win votes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Lol @ Farage :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Although the Corbyn fanboys like Owen Jones who were crying when Jezbollah got hit with an egg need some self awareness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Although the Corbyn fanboys like Owen Jones who were crying when Jezbollah got hit with an egg need some self awareness

But it's ok because they believe they are in the right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
10 hours ago, jake said:

That's because you are a right wing nationalist thug.

 

Left wing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
12 hours ago, jake said:

That's because you are a right wing nationalist thug.

 

Na, I neither voted leave or Tory. I see you're a wee bit upset about your leaders being whitewashed. They should have used bitumen. Then you'd all be raging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab

Liked this;

Immigrants do all the jobs in the UK that no one else wants to do....that’s why Farage’s wife is German !

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Although the Corbyn fanboys like Owen Jones who were crying when Jezbollah got hit with an egg need some self awareness

See Mr war crimes Balir was out crying about Snake oil man being hit with a milkshake,  and how he has a RIGHT to air his  racist and homophobic views,   tried to find his quote  about saying the same about Corbyn  rights to air his views when he was punched with an egg,  found feck all, not a peep., diddly squat , nowbt. 

 

You should look closer to home in the Tory household when they have been photoed with despots like the Saudis and   current Israeli  prime minister. Nice bunch eh.  Although the May and Tory fanboys would have us believe shaking the hands and doing business with such individuals and the regimes they stand for is good for businesses and the UK.

 

If you think the Tories, past and present, are squeaky clean when it comes to being best pals with well dodgy individuals from other countries then i have some pixxie dust for sale, just drop me a PM if you are interested.

 

     

Edited by maroonlegions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Na, I neither voted leave or Tory. I see you're a wee bit upset about your leaders being whitewashed. They should have used bitumen. Then you'd all be raging.

Seems the right wing fascists are getting exposed for what they are, all hail the milkshakes and those who throw them. The revolution has started  with Burger KIng and McDonalds.:greggy: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
14 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Seems the right wing fascists are getting exposed for what they are, all hail the milkshakes and those who throw them. The revolution has started  with Burger KIng and McDonalds.:greggy: 

 

A true capitalist revolution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd

All these muppets are just getting Nige more votes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig_
19 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

He could teach you about the economic benefits of Brexit, but he’d have to charge.

 

?

 

He'd have to change first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

See Mr war crimes Balir was out crying about Snake oil man being hit with a milkshake,  and how he has a RIGHT to air his  racist and homophobic views,   tried to find his quote  about saying the same about Corbyn  rights to air his views when he was punched with an egg,  found feck all, not a peep., diddly squat , nowbt. 

 

You should look closer to home in the Tory household when they have been photoed with despots like the Saudis and   current Israeli  prime minister. Nice bunch eh.  Although the May and Tory fanboys would have us believe shaking the hands and doing business with such individuals and the regimes they stand for is good for businesses and the UK.

 

If you think the Tories, past and present, are squeaky clean when it comes to being best pals with well dodgy individuals from other countries then i have some pixxie dust for sale, just drop me a PM if you are interested.

 

     

 

Don’t worry princess, I can see both sides for what they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Shaping up to be a bloodbath for the tories and labour.

 

that Zoe Williams has done a column in the guardian saying ‘voting Labour is still the best thing to do.’ You want to read the replies :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smoked-Glass

Brexit party for me.   

 

Also not impressed my the milkshake thrower regardless of who it's aimed at.  

Milkshake today,, acid tomorrow.   Glad the airhead has been charged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Brexit party for me.   

 

Also not impressed my the milkshake thrower regardless of who it's aimed at.  

Milkshake today,, acid tomorrow.   Glad the airhead has been charged. 

They seem a decent bunch who are representing them.:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Yaxley-Lennon's wee gang throwing eggs, bottles, bricks and seig heils at anti-racism protesters and police this evening.

 

:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

How/Why is there nae results show the night. My favourite late night bevvy session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibrahim Tall
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How/Why is there nae results show the night. My favourite late night bevvy session.

The results aren’t announced until Sunday IIRC. All of Europe needs to vote first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

The results aren’t announced until Sunday IIRC. All of Europe needs to vote first.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helzibob
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

How/Why is there nae results show the night. My favourite late night bevvy session.

 

A lot of Europe don’t vote until the weekend and all counts have to be done at the same time. Sunday evening the count starts.

 

I always work at the count but I’m missing it this year, hoping to be drunk from celebrating but will likely be the same from commiserating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Since it's also mostly the D'Hondt method, a form of proportional representation, it can take over a week for full results to be compiled.

On-the-night results are only really possible under first past the post systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

How/Why is there nae results show the night. My favourite late night bevvy session.

 

It was mine too until the last referendum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Helzibob said:

 

A lot of Europe don’t vote until the weekend and all counts have to be done at the same time. Sunday evening the count starts.

 

I always work at the count but I’m missing it this year, hoping to be drunk from celebrating but will likely be the same from commiserating. 

 

So are the counts not starting until Sunday evening then? I wasn't sure if they'd count tomorrow but not announce till Sunday. The BBC suggest it should be announced at 10pm Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
On 16/05/2019 at 17:33, Cade said:

:scenes:

 

When you make a new party but forget to bag a domain name, letting protesters in.
https://thebrexitparty.com/

 

:lol: Nice work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts

I won't be voting as I have no idea who or what I'm voting for. All I've had is a leaflet or two dropped though the letterbox with bold quotes like 'Brexit Shambles' or 'EU Thievery'. Not once in the last 20 years (since I left home) has a single MP knocked on my door and had a chat about anything.

 

Years ago, how did the electorate decide who they voted for before social media - just information in the press or the guy driving about with a loudspeaker?

 

The only time I've ever voted was the Independence and Brexit referendums as I done a bit of reading into it. Politics really does my head in, as it always feels that any option available is the wrong option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

So are the counts not starting until Sunday evening then? I wasn't sure if they'd count tomorrow but not announce till Sunday. The BBC suggest it should be announced at 10pm Sunday. 

Shetland don't count til Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
23 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I won't be voting as I have no idea who or what I'm voting for. All I've had is a leaflet or two dropped though the letterbox with bold quotes like 'Brexit Shambles' or 'EU Thievery'. Not once in the last 20 years (since I left home) has a single MP knocked on my door and had a chat about anything.

 

Years ago, how did the electorate decide who they voted for before social media - just information in the press or the guy driving about with a loudspeaker?

 

The only time I've ever voted was the Independence and Brexit referendums as I done a bit of reading into it. Politics really does my head in, as it always feels that any option available is the wrong option.

You're aswell voting for an MSP who'll actually work. Not some bamstick who'll not attend or cause grief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Popular Now

×
×
  • Create New...