Djoum

MaskedMarauder

19 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I wonder sometimes if others are watching the same game as I am. If/when Djoum leaves, Hearts will be lucky to find a replacement as good as him.  

Levein needs to strengthen the midfield not weaken it..

Maybe he isn’t happy at the tactics employed 

good luck to him if he goes he is a very good player only the numpties think otherwise 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Notts1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bridge of Djoum

• mscjambo

23 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Well the first part of your sentence is spot on . 

I keep hearing these experts on here telling us how Djoum is integral to our success past , present and future . 

Utter garbage , the guys a dosser , he has ability on show now and again but a dosser none the less . 

Haring is the only mid I'd keep at the club the rest make Djoum look a player, that's how bad our recruitment has been, sadly . 

OK but I'm certainly glad you're not in charge

Edited by tcjambo

Djoum has been good this season but I'm not sure if he's what we need.

He sits nicely in the middle and plays some great passes.

That being said though, he's not good enough at breaking up attacks if he's in the sitting role.

Equally if he's in the attacking role, he just doesn't break teams down enough.

On the flip to that - if Naismith re-signs, Djoum has this uncanny ability of being able to find Naismith no matter where he is.

Captain Canada
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hope he does go to Aberdeen. Strengthens us, weakens them. Watched Djoum for years, never understood the fandom on here who sing his praises. Utter passenger & wage thief the last couple of years IMO. 

Door, erse, dinny let it hit ye....

Spot on. I'd much rather have Cochrane playing in our midfield next season. 

I've lost count of the number of times Djoum has been quoted as wanting to leave. Vastly overrated player. 

5 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Been in talks with Aberdeen apparently. Entitled to obviously but been a shock to Craig who isn’t best pleased at this news

All the best to him and hope he takes Levein with him...!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Djoum has been good this season but I'm not sure if he's what we need.

He sits nicely in the middle and plays some great passes.

That being said though, he's not good enough at breaking up attacks if he's in the sitting role.

Equally if he's in the attacking role, he just doesn't break teams down enough.

On the flip to that - if Naismith re-signs, Djoum has this uncanny ability of being able to find Naismith no matter where he is.

He is extremely tactically aware. People will miss a good bit of what he does.

Still feel like he needs to play higher up the pitch. 

Careful for what you wish for for some on this thread. He is a key player 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

??

Though I am a little bit in the if he goes he goes camp its not because I underestimate what he brings

Edited by sadj

19 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Funny how this sort of shit only raises its head before important games. Now I don’t know what Djoums intentions are  for his future and he is entitled to speak to whoever he likes given his future. I find the timing of this revelation just a bit suspect though. 

The timing of this was only done with Hearts interest in mind.

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Some people astound me. He would improve Aberdeen massively. This would be a real blow if he chooses them over us. I hope he is just checking his options and stays.

In what way would it be blow?

He cant run, pass, tackle, create or score...games pass him by.

Can you explain what value he adds to team? And would would justify keeping him as higher earner?

34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Technically aware? 

Please explain. What does he add to team? What am I missing outwith him being slow, lethargic, poor passer, weak (scared) in tackle, doesn't create or score.

40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That's when you know it's bad when the 'you just don't see it' patter gets broken out, "he is good, you just don't know football well enough to understand it".  The Don Cowie defence if you will.

17 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

In what way would it be blow?

He cant run, pass, tackle, create or score...games pass him by.

Can you explain what value he adds to team? And would would justify keeping him as higher earner?

If that's your interpretation there is no point in me arguing with you.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

I wonder sometimes if others are watching the same game as I am. If/when Djoum leaves, Hearts will be lucky to find a replacement as good as him.  

Levein needs to strengthen the midfield not weaken it..

51 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm glad it's not just me.

As a team, we've been poor this season, but make no mistake, Djoum is a terrific footballer and our loss would be Aberdeen's gain. 

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

To be fair to Djoum. 

I'll get to you once I've tied up Haring and Naismith. 

Perhaps Djoum is pissed off? Polite reminder perhaps 

Not really. Djoum is the only one out of the three that stated his preference to leave us. I hope he signs soon with Aberdeen or whoever so we can move on. We've had better players than him.

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

So many clueless people on this board. Our best midfielder by a mile.

On his day possibly (Haring really is unreal), but his day doesn't come round enough. Can count on one hand the amount of MoM performances he's had and all of them were when we had Bjorn Johnsen in the team. 

He's trying to play us against the dons to maximise his payslip. Hope Levein doesn't bite. 

I would have thought that next season our usher would step up again to equal Aberdeen. In which case, a move there can only be because he is not happy at Hearts. 

I woukd say thst may May be because of the defensive position he, and the rest of the team, are playing. 

This could answer the very conflicting opinions of him. I think both he and Haring look better when further up the park no think Levein is holding them back which makes them look poor? 

I like Djoum a lot and would like to keep him, I also think a lot of his good work won't be noticed until he's gone.  

That said, if he's been speaking to Aberdeen and not even made the club aware **** him. He shouldn't play again for us.  He should ask Scott Severin how that move goes.

It also shows McInnes up as a classless wee prick. When we spoke to McGinn, Levein called to say we were opening talks out of courtesy.  Nice to see it returned.

Every time I close my eyes I see him blasting that ball over the bar  in the last Derby . 

Guaranteed he will be with us next year when he finds out no one else is matching our offer . Fair play to him he has suckered in a good few by just doing enough . Bit like his biggest fan tbf . 

Not sure he’s done too much out of order, he was offered a deal at the tale end of last year , refused it saying he wanted to wait and see if he could get better, whether that’s in Scotland or wherever what does it really matter, meanwhile we’ve stated the offer remains available to him, so I doubt either party should be too offended by what’s going on just now.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

Naw it wisnae

Sigh. 

Aye, it wiz

3 hours ago, Jodami said:

Been our best midfielder second half of the season, still not sure if that is reason enough to keep him. I certainly wouldn't be breaking the bank if that's the issue. 

We've not had a midfield second half of season if we sign haring on longer deal then we don't need djoum .

There's no need for 2 of them in our midfield

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Section Q said:

All the best to him and hope he takes Levein with him...!

:clyay:

:bolt:

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Jambos56 said:

He can go how many shots has he fired over the bar from 15 yards in the last 6 weeks!

This! 

Doctor FinnBarr

At a guess, only a guess mind, he'll end up (maybe not this season or next) back at his boyhood team of Molenbeek

It should have been ten

He’s been desperate to leave for the past couple of seasons. Fear of an injury is probably his reason for being so gutless in a challenge. He can do one, his woeful attempts on goal lately, especially the derby sums him up for me.

:getout:

Doctor FinnBarr
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think he’s a decent player but everyone moves on at some point. 

Aye, same as Robbo at the end of the day.

Did Conn and Wardhaugh move anywhere? Pretty certain King Willie didn't

7 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Thanks, mate.

I enjoyed it too. Spent most of tonight on the piss but still able to enjoy a decent play on words. Well done. 

P.s.  I really like Djoum and think he improves us on a good day. Needs decent people behind and around him though. Certainly not someone to build a team around. 

Never known a player to divide opinion as much as this one.  I saw him twice in the AFCON and thought he was outstanding.  Clearly, he has not bern that good with us although he is obviously highly rated by some.

I do know this however, if he wants to go, let him go.  No use to us if he doesn't want to stay.

Will be interesting to see if Levein would play him in the final if his future destination was confirmed by then at it wasn't with us.

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I cannot wait until he's no longer a Hearts player. He's gutless.

This. End of.

Djoum was brought to give us cutting edge in the last third. Goals, assists, positive hard hitting results to hurt the opposition.

He delivered in his first 6 months but has clearly been AWOL on the pitch ever since. 

I asked someone on here before to evidence how good a player he is for us...anything...goals, assists, winning teams he is a part of against when he isnt etc etc...all I got back was he has been played in a more defensive role or played out left.... ??

Win Win for us if he goes to any Scottish club.....he and others dont have the heart or desire to take us to where we should be....and any odd goal or assist between now and end of the season wont change the last 2 years or so watching is pitiful displays...

loveofthegame

What is it Djoum actually offers?! Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, doesn’t play many key passes, part of a gutless mid table side who regularly don’t beat bottom 6 sides despite many claiming he’s been brilliant for months....

His best form in his time at us has been the initial period when he was looking for a long term deal, and for Cameroon.

he can go and i wont miss him much.

8 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Because Hearts didn't know about it.

Well if that is the case it’s says an awful lot about him. You would have thought he would have had the courtesy to let the club know he was talking to a club that’s undoubtedly one of our close rivals.

pettigrewsstylist
59 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

What is it Djoum actually offers?! Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, doesn’t play many key passes, part of a gutless mid table side who regularly don’t beat bottom 6 sides despite many claiming he’s been brilliant for months....

His best form in his time at us has been the initial period when he was looking for a long term deal, and for Cameroon.

he can go and i wont miss him much.

Could replace him with 15 other comaparable players from Scotland alone. Tidy player, seems to have found his work ethic again, too powderpuff for Scotland. 

I wont miss him. 

KyleLafferty
8 hours ago, OTT said:

On his day possibly (Haring really is unreal), but his day doesn't come round enough. Can count on one hand the amount of MoM performances he's had and all of them were when we had Bjorn Johnsen in the team. 

He's trying to play us against the dons to maximise his payslip. Hope Levein doesn't bite. 

I actually don’t think haring has been that great since about October. Hopefully with an injury free season next year he’ll get better.

15 hours ago, gjcc said:

I like Djoum, but not wanting us to be his back up option. If he’s really looked at options with our closest rivals (as he’s perfectly entitled to do) we should remove our latest offer. He’s not irreplaceable. 

Maybe @Sooperstar will be able to check with Clare, at the pub tonight, to get some inside info. :lol: 

They don't speak mate. Seany was saying that Djoum is not a popular figure in the dressing room. Tries to turn every conversation around to AFCON. Whips his winners medal out at every opportunity and even wears it under his shirt during games. Doesn't even take it off to shower. Think he was maybe making up the last part though.

8 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

67-1 to be sent off today. Have a feeling he makes a bad tackle and that’s the end of him.

I have a feeling that he might not feature at all today. Levein has a track record of dealing pretty harshly with individuals who piss him about.

If Djoum is even contemplating leaving Hearts for Aberdeen, he can do one!

He offers **** all anyway.

36 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

67-1 to be sent off today. Have a feeling he makes a bad tackle and that’s the end of him.

If the Aberdeen story is true he won’t be involved today, maybe not again this season.