Michael Stewart

paulyjambo

I have not been paying too much attention to pre season just because I feel pretty low on everything Hearts related at the moment but I was talking to the better half last night about MS and could not establish if he is a free agent of not.

I remember reading a interview in the EEN with him where he said he was out of contract at the end of the season and that Hearts had a 2 year option on him but he was unsure if they would take it but was assuming they would. Does anyone know if we took this option of if he is in fact a free agent?

I am a little torn with MS and cannot decide if we need him at Hearts, he has talent but did not show much in the later part of the season when we started to play better how ever he has passion and like Banks is probably a player people look to for support.

Can anyone confirm his situation?

And so follows all the usual negative tosh about how he is no good bla bla.

I would like him to stay. Keep the head. Grow under a good manager and show the potential he has to be a leader.

There has been no mention in the press about his contract, I guess the appointment of a manager will spur that on.

His best football was at Hibs when he had players with massive energy such as Brown and Thomson doing Stewart's running for him.

I think he would require 2 new midfielders to play beside him and Jonsson if he was to be a success at Hearts. They would have to have more power, pace and aggression than the likes of Palazuelos, Screpis, Aguiar, Ivaskevicius, Ksnavicius etc.

Jambof3tornado

I like his passion. But thats all. He lacks in a lot of departments and there are better out there at what he does.

If we had 11 players with his passion in the team we would do just fine.

I like his passion. But thats all. He lacks in a lot of departments and there are better out there at what he does.

If we had 11 players with his passion in the team we would do just fine.

I agree, i also think he is a pretty good player.:)

Ive found it very hard to judge our current squad under this mental regime but I think Stewart can offer something if he has the right people around him.

Must have been hard keeping the head when your being thrown in to a season with out the right prep and a decent enough squad.

Boaby Ewing

I think he's a reasonable squad player, not much more.

I think what looks like passion from the stands is more likely mumping and groaning and getting on everyone else's t!ts, rather than anything inspirational.

Toxteth O'Grady
I think he's a reasonable squad player, not much more.

I think what looks like passion from the stands is more likely mumping and groaning and getting on everyone else's t!ts, rather than anything inspirational.

That's how I see it too.

With his poor passing and woeful free kicks which he insists on taking I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Like EVERY player at Tynecastle right now, Michael Stewart is underperforming. Not necessarily all down to him though is it ??.

I've absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Michael Stewart would be a real asset to whatever club he played for, without the underlying current of sitting in a sinking ship, with a meglomaniac skipper who is intent on sailing head first into the next available iceberg.

Put him in any well run club, with the right manager to get the best from him, and the guy would be a star.

He is ginger!!!!! That aside, I like him as a player. Was there not rumours a few weeks ago he was going back to easter road?

Ive found it very hard to judge our current squad under this mental regime but I think Stewart can offer something if he has the right people around him.

Must have been hard keeping the head when your being thrown in to a season with out the right prep and a decent enough squad.

Agree with that.

MackaysCentreSpot

MS is a player who I would be more than delighted to see moved on during the summer.

A average player at best who causes trouble were ever he has been and has not broke the habit since his return to Hearts.

Having a player like him at Hearts is destructive.

A Hibs fan who I work beside claims to have spoken to 3 or 4 different people who reckon he is being lined up for a move back to Easter Road....

Wouldn't really bother me if he did go back to Fester Road, not sure why we brought him back to us in the first place, he was distinctly average first time round.

wilson_hmfc

Mind boggling the dross some people talk on this!! Mikey Stewart has undeniable talent, he is a player who has a good footballing brain, bundles of energy and yes he is a bit moany, but so is Wayne Rooney, its part of his make up he wants the best at all times!! If he got a partner who like someone said above had pace, energy and drive who let Stewart dictate the tempo in the middle then i think we could see him flourish.

Mind boggling the dross some people talk on this!! Mikey Stewart has undeniable talent, he is a player who has a good footballing brain, bundles of energy and yes he is a bit moany, but so is Wayne Rooney, its part of his make up he wants the best at all times!! If he got a partner who like someone said above had pace, energy and drive who let Stewart dictate the tempo in the middle then i think we could see him flourish.

Kind of agree there, who would u have in CM with him???

Still no1 has mentioned if he is even contacted to us.

MackaysCentreSpot

Of course you are allowed your opinion but no one else is allowed the same privilage. :wacko:

Mikey Stewart may have talent but he has rarely shown himself to be an asset to the club.

For the majority of time he has shown himself to have a negative impact on the team.

Would this change were we to have a manager? Possibly, but with our current batch of central midfielders I think Stewart is probably not a key player.

If indeed he is still contracted to us what are his wages like? I can't say I'd be sad to see him go.

He signed a three year deal at the start of last season and his wages although probably better than they were at Hibs are certainly not going to break the bank and are nowhere near what some of the supposed stars are earning,

If indeed he is still contracted to us what are his wages like? I can't say I'd be sad to see him go.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if the above post is correct, is Mikey Stewart still a Hearts player, just I thought his contract was up for renewal this summer.

jambos are go!

Stewart on form is more than good enough and I hope we take up the option.

oh ah grantona

heis on the website with new shirt on and hopefully only time he does he is a dressing room desroyer and a poor mans paul hartley get rid asap

I just don't get all these people who go on about how talented he is - I've seen him play dozens of times for Hearts and just don't think he's good enough.

Cupar Jambo

Agree, thought last season at times tried to do too much because others round him were not capable

Agree, thought last season at times tried to do too much because others round him were not capable

No. Last season Stewart tried to do too much and showed that he was not capable.

IMO Mikey all too often tried to cover other people's shortcomings / mistakes and then found himself caught or being dragged out of position.

A good coach / manager should be instilling more self - dicipline into his play and reminding him that he has to do his own job first and foremost only providing cover for genuine mistakes and when it's safe to do so.

Let the dossers stand out and pay for their own mistakes.

Mikey has a lot of talent, what is missing is a decent coach to nurture it

A good coach / manager should be instilling more self - dicipline into his play and reminding him that he has to do his own job first and foremost only providing cover for genuine mistakes and when it's safe to do so.

Are you a driving instructor?

Jam Tarts 1874

I'd bin him. It is clear that the other players don't like him, it is not good for the morale of the team to have someone like Stewart there. His constant barracking of other players brings the rest of the team down. I am sick and tired of seeing him shouting at another player because Stewart miss-placed a pass etc, just not good enough.

Mikey will not go back to Easter Road. John Collins wasn't the only reason he "left" last time

:rolleyes:

What have I missed? :confused:

Once the manager is in place I think Stewart deserves to start with a clean slate. If the new man doesn't fancy him fair enough but he shows enough for me to believe binning him without taking a step back and giving him an another ( last one this time ) chance would be hasty.

Why are some of us quicker to turn on and the abuse more vitriolic towards are own? Stewart, Locke and MacKay have IMO all suffered from this, it does my head in. They shouldn't get preferential treatment either but I love to have Hearts men in the team.

Once the manager is in place I think Stewart deserves to start with a clean slate. If the new man doesn't fancy him fair enough but he shows enough for me to believe binning him without taking a step back and giving him an another ( last one this time ) chance would be hasty.

Why are some of us quicker to turn on and the abuse more vitriolic towards are own? Stewart, Locke and MacKay have IMO all suffered from this, it does my head in. They shouldn't get preferential treatment either but I love to have Hearts men in the team.

Think that is fair enough. But if he is going to succeed at Hearts he will need stronger more powerful players round about him than the lightweights of last season.

Nelly Terraces

Has he not been given the job as Motherwell's goalkeeping coach?

After the laughably large amount of crosses and free kicks he aimed straight down their keep's throat in the cup replay last season, I thought he was actually being interviewed for the job that night.

There's one person in the world who believes M. Stewart is a REALLY great player. The man himself.

I am a little torn with MS and cannot decide if we need him at Hearts, he has talent but did not show much in the later part of the season when we started to play better how ever he has passion and like Banks is probably a player people look to for support.

sorry to hear this:p heard the old wacky backy is good for it

He was training at Riccarton the other day so i imagine he's still a Hearts player!!.

I am sick and tired of seeing him shouting at another player because Stewart miss-placed a pass etc, just not good enough.

More down to the other player not anticipating the pass quick enough.

There is nothing wrong with Stewart that an experienced Manager/Coach can't fix. Ah! There's the problem; maybe Vlad should make him a house guest at Castle Romanov for a few weeks.

ordinary guy
A Hibs fan who I work beside claims to have spoken to 3 or 4 different people who reckon he is being lined up for a move back to Easter Road....

I really really hope so then then my guilt for despising him will ease and i'll have an ideal avenue to express it.

I have not been paying too much attention to pre season just because I feel pretty low on everything Hearts related at the moment but I was talking to the better half last night about MS and could not establish if he is a free agent of not.

I remember reading a interview in the EEN with him where he said he was out of contract at the end of the season and that Hearts had a 2 year option on him but he was unsure if they would take it but was assuming they would. Does anyone know if we took this option of if he is in fact a free agent?

Can anyone confirm his situation?

One of the boys in my work told me he is going to EASTER ROAD, he is a season ticket holder there and it's on their website.....apparently!

Are you a driving instructor?

No. but if it's any easier for you; I dinnae think he's s**t, n' e cood be awright if some ****** ken't how tae coach im

Better?

Archived