Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bridge of Djoum

• Jambo 4 Ever

• been here before

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Diego Hamish said:

People fawning over an ex celtic player... deary me

So, now we're fawning over an ex celtic player who as far as I can see was an excellent human being and one of the last of the old school Scottish footballers around? Get back under yer stone and prep the smokebombs for the final arsehole

Craig Herbertson
8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I fall into the same category as TorinoJambo, in that I was really pleased to see Celtic win the European Cup Final in Lisbon in 1967. In my defence I was only 11 years old and in my eyes at that time Celtic were just another Scottish football club. I guess time changes you big time though because if Celtic and all their fans fell over a bottomless cliff now I wouldn't shed any tears.

Although young at the time I read a lot of football books as well as playing the game from the minute it was light in the morning until it got dark at night. And in my reading I picked up a bit about Italian football and the "catenaccio" defensive formation . As a youngster who loved the game the thought of people setting out to stop players actually expressing themselves and producing flowing football horrified me and I think that was why I was so pleased Celtic beat Inter Milan at the time. And I don't know why but one of the things that sticks in my mind was the TV coverage of the crowd at the end of the game and the number of Celtic fans who were there wearing hats and raincoats in what looked like sweltering heat.

In football I do think there are too many people who are elevated to the level of superstars, heroes, legends and the likes nowadays and actually fall into none of those categories. And in terms of minutes of silence or applause at football games I've always believed they should be limited to people in the game who have passed away. McNeill was a great captain for Celtic and a very decent guy by all accounts. I believe there is to be a minute's applause at Easter Road tomorrow before the game kicks off and I hope all in the stadium can raise themselves to respect that and not disrupt it in any way.

I relate to all of this. Winning the European cup with local boys was a tremendous achievement and Billy McNeil was an exemplary man. RIP

EasternRossco
5 hours ago, Diego Hamish said:

People fawning over an ex celtic player... deary me

Another post that makes you look like a complete dunce. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, EasternRossco said:

Another post that makes you look like a complete dunce. 

I think the term you are looking for is 'arsehole'.

Happy to help ?

12 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

As I've said before. The best troll ever. The boy is a genius. 

Yep, and as I’ve said before, he puts Mr Plastic in the shade.

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Think he meant me.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Also true ?

Vicious.

But fair.

:wink: 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Also true ?

Just now, Morgan said:

Vicious.