Jake Hastie

BOBTHEBRUCE

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Iv heard the £400k from a few different media outlets so i’d assume fairly accurate

Well that would make him one of our all time record fees paid...for a dozen or so top tier matches. I think we can probably close this thread...

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

What part of being quick enough did you no understand...

We should of been on to this guy before Rangers got their grubby mitts on him. 

Instead of foookin wighton and the likes. 

Are you suggesting we sign players direct from the womb? 

That boy Ronaldo that left Real Madrid why did we not sign him!? 

He would’ve scored goals to make up for Naismith being injured.

our scouts obviously not paying attention 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You make a point. Considering Rangers why would anyone want to sign for them.

The player we missed out on was Ally McCoist. Promising at St Johnstone but struggled at Sunderland. Who knows. Maybe Hearts could have done 9 in a row. Wallace Mercer hang your head in shame. 

Maurice Johnston as well. I know Celtic were interested. But clearly Hearts fecked up badly. Joe Jordan to blame here. Nantes are about the same level as Motherwell too. 

And more recently Jermain Defoe and then Kamara from Dundee. It's clear and obvious we should have signed these players. No idea why we didn't. 

And that's before we even look at spending £18 million on a stand when we could get a couple of years decent money on transfer fees and wages. 

Awful. 

Guid stuff to read , hurts though,some of the dingalls on hear could do with a one2one with you ...bravo

fabienleclerq
36 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Nah mate, that’s just making excuses. Hearing Arsenal are in for  Ryan Fraser. If we don’t pip them to his signature I’ll be raging ?

Don't make me explain it to you as well Frank. 

fabienleclerq
38 minutes ago, Barack said:

Are Aberdeen not in for a tasty wedge if he goes for daft money?

They'll need a good replacement for Shinnie.

I thought Fraser had left for free/development fee, its in the media they are due a wedge though. 

36 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

You'll see the same old shite next season and get on the wah wah train a year late, same as our scouts. 

So your op had nothing to do with Jack Hastie and is purely an opening to have a go at the club and or persons employed by it.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Met Shinnies old man this weekend. Would not say anything other than it would be revealed very soon 

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Met Shinnies old man this weekend. Would not say anything other than it would be revealed very soon 

At the risk of acting like one of our Lanarkshire posters....what will?

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

To sign for Rangers this week. 

The sort of player we should be looking at. 

But nah. 

I get your frustration but it's a bit of a cheap shot here.

I know a Motherwell supporter quite well and he was saying Hastie was stalling on signing for anyone until he'd seen most of his options. Had we been in for him its fair to assume we wouldn't be the most attractive proposition on the table. 

Perhaps we are in for Cadden as has been suggested but I do agree that more creativity is required. 

11 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Shinnie signing for the Huns too, thought that was a done deal already?

JamboGraham
10 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Thanks for that...

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Or if you can only offer a fraction of the wage ?

Why would reality affect these dimwits in their dissing of the club?  Assuming they're even Hearts fans and that's a serious stretch in many cases.

29 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Thought he was off to Derby? That was supposed to be a done deal

3 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

But nah. 

When would have been the ideal time to snap him up do you reckon? After his loan spell at Alloa with 1 goal in 19 games? Or after his first senior start for Motherwell on 23rd January (a week before the transfer window closed)? 

The guy is obviously a talent and has had a good few months but the vast majority of us hadn't heard of him before the transfer window shut. And with almost all young promising Scottish players, a good season (or half season in this case) tends to mean the Old Firm are interested, which prices out teams like us, Aberdeen, Hibs etc. 

Rangers have been sniffing around him for weeks now, so for us to have stood a chance at getting him, we would probably have had to get him in the January window - do you think many fans would have been particularly happy if we'd spent £100-200k on a guy who hadn't made a senior start for Motherwell? To imply that we don't look at this sort of player (assuming you mean young and Scottish) is clearly nonsense given that we've just signed Halkett on a pre contract. Lots of sticks to beat the coaching staff with at the moment without this. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

**** knows, I thought someone said he'd agreed to join Rangers. 

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

**** knows, I thought someone said he'd agreed to join Rangers. 

Maybe they have amalgamated to form Stevie G and Frank Lampard’s The Derby County Rangers  

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Maybe they have amalgamated to form Stevie G and Frank Lampard’s The Derby County Rangers  

Quite possibly.

Am I right in thinking Ibrox is crumbling and they've nae money to do it up or is that just wishful thinking?

We've done ours up?  That will pay dividends but when?

But nah. 

Yeah, has pace, skill and can score goals, a great prospect.

Doesn't fit into Levein's way of playing one dimensional, no game plan, eye bleeding goofball though! 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

This ?, well unless they would reject the papers for not being in black ink. Then id push the crayon up their nose and use the pen to ensure they were adopted. Might seem harsh but I think its fair for supporting Hibs....

Not at all. Maybe free to a good home, just no mines 

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

When he was ICT, I was always hoping that we could sign him.

9 hours ago, Garrincha said:

Dario Zanatta has had a better spell at Alloa. Hastie has had a great couple of months since returning from Alloa and being given a chance in Motherwell’s first team, but that is a huge punt by Rangers!

Seen both play at Alloa, Zanatta was superior to Hastie, better stats also

BOBTHEBRUCE
8 hours ago, Barasa said:

When would have been the ideal time to snap him up do you reckon? After his loan spell at Alloa with 1 goal in 19 games? Or after his first senior start for Motherwell on 23rd January (a week before the transfer window closed)? 

The guy is obviously a talent and has had a good few months but the vast majority of us hadn't heard of him before the transfer window shut. And with almost all young promising Scottish players, a good season (or half season in this case) tends to mean the Old Firm are interested, which prices out teams like us, Aberdeen, Hibs etc. 

Rangers have been sniffing around him for weeks now, so for us to have stood a chance at getting him, we would probably have had to get him in the January window - do you think many fans would have been particularly happy if we'd spent £100-200k on a guy who hadn't made a senior start for Motherwell? To imply that we don't look at this sort of player (assuming you mean young and Scottish) is clearly nonsense given that we've just signed Halkett on a pre contract. Lots of sticks to beat the coaching staff with at the moment without this. 

Craig Wighton.. 

Wasn't getting a game and had injury problems. 

Is that not worse? 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

More than likely as reported Derby. 

gorgie rd eh11
14 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

But nah. 

:lol:

gorgie rd eh11
14 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

But nah. 

:lol:

But who is signing these players for Rangers?

Jordan Jones as well. Steven Gerrard going for younger British players? 

Transfer policy is a little unclear. 

11 hours ago, sadj said:

Derby's finances are being investigated and whilst that is being carried out they are under a 'soft transfer ban' which has stopped them offering pre-contracts and if the investigation is still ongoing when the window opens it's expected to be made into a full transfer ban.

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Derby's finances are being investigated and whilst that is being carried out they are under a 'soft transfer ban' which has stopped them offering pre-contracts and if the investigation is still ongoing when the window opens it's expected to be made into a full transfer ban.

Their only way out which they gambled on was getting promoted due to different rules in Premiership. 

Currently close to a play off spot. 

15 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

But nah. 

Another point is Hastie and others got thrown in out of near desperation. Stephen Robinson had offered to resign after a bad run of defeats. Changed the team and got the results. 

Craig Wighton.. 

Wasn't getting a game and had injury problems. 

Is that not worse? 

Interesting that was the only part of my post you chose to reply to. Although I accept your point - Wighton was a gamble that so far hasn't paid off in the slightest. 

But I'll ask again - when do you think we should have been looking to sign him? Do you think him/his agent/Motherwell would really have been naïve enough to think that say we'd offered £100k and £2.5k/week wages in February or March, that would have been the best they could have done? 

BOBTHEBRUCE
15 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Interesting that was the only part of my post you chose to reply to. Although I accept your point - Wighton was a gamble that so far hasn't paid off in the slightest. 

But I'll ask again - when do you think we should have been looking to sign him? Do you think him/his agent/Motherwell would really have been naïve enough to think that say we'd offered £100k and £2.5k/week wages in February or March, that would have been the best they could have done? 

If you read my opening post, it says that he's the SORT of player we should be looking at. More of a general statement about signing young attack minded players with talent rather huddies or players that are injury prone. Greg Stewart is another one I thought we should of been looking at when he was at Dundee. That Kamara fellow that's now at Rangers. The list goes on. 

Each individual case is different and we don't know all the details, so there's no point arguing over when or if we could of made a move. 

What gets on my goat is that any time I see a player at a smaller club that looks like he would be a good fit for Hearts, there's rarely any interest from us. Then next thing you know, he's signed for someone else on a free or less money than we've wasted on players like Wighton. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

If you read my opening post, it says that he's the SORT of player we should be looking at. More of a general statement about signing young attack minded players with talent rather huddies or players that are injury prone. Greg Stewart is another one I thought we should of been looking at when he was at Dundee. That Kamara fellow that's now at Rangers. The list goes on. 

Sean Clare surely fits into that first category? 

I wouldn't call Kamara attack-minded and although I'd love it if we'd signed him, he's had clubs with far more financial power interested in him for the last couple of transfer windows at least. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Sean Clare surely fits into that first category? 

I wouldn't call Kamara attack-minded and although I'd love it if we'd signed him, he's had clubs with far more financial power interested in him for the last couple of transfer windows at least. 

I still dont know where is stand with Sean Clare. He's got the heart of a mouse. Great Penalty taker though lol

BOBTHEBRUCE

Looks like Rangers are doing a Celtic and snapping up all the young Scottish talent..

Players that would get in our starting 11 will be on their bench or sitting in the stand. 

They will be a lot stronger next year. 

We had a chance to fight for 2nd at one point but we've flushed any chance of that down the pan. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What young Scottish talent have they snapped up? 

Young talent playing in the Scottish league then. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

13 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What young Scottish talent have they snapped up? 

Not Motherwell's best Turnbull who has just scored an injury time winner. 

The Internet
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Indeed. Incredible the hype jake hastie has had for a 2 month purple patch when turnbull has been good all season. Will be going down south in the summer I'd imagine. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Motherwell have some talented youngsters they should make money on. Turnbull has been fantastic scoring 12 goals, would agree with you he is the best. They also have Allan Campbell who has done so well but goes under the radar and is only 20 have played 80 times for Motherwell. Also another youngster, 18 year old James Scott scored for them today. 

The Internet

Confirmed now to rangers. Good sign if they're just snapping up anyone who has a half decent couple of months. 

Ironic this signing is happening at the same time as the papers are full of Greg Doherty hoping to get his career on track with Rangers after his loan ends, and they paid a lot of money for him.

They are a graveyard for young Scottish talent.

JamboGraham

Zanatta and Hastie are both the same age, similar development path....Zanatta has far stronger stats in Lge 1 and the Champ but has yet to be given a decent run in the top tier...(other than as a teenager)...his 5 minute cameo at Hamilton 18months ago actually gives him a far better record than a few getting chances in the first team...he needs to be part of the plans next season or for his own sake he needs to find a club that want to use his talent.