Jake Hastie

BOBTHEBRUCE

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Impossible to compete with rangers though.

Think this was the team talk yesterday

BOBTHEBRUCE
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Impossible to compete with rangers though.

Aye, if you're not quick enough and prefer to set your sights on duds. 

4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Or if you can only offer a fraction of the wage ?

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Or if you can only offer a fraction of the wage ?

What part of being quick enough did you no understand...

We should of been on to this guy before Rangers got their grubby mitts on him. 

Instead of foookin wighton and the likes. 

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I don't think you understand how agents work, mate.

If you think we can just go to his agent and do a deal and his agent will just say yes without checking if there are better options to line his pockets you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, Barack said:

They were after Halkett. Think we're pleased with him, aren't we?

Hastie may never be seen again in that team. Plenty of more established players have before him.He may win YPOTY. Who knows. Triples his wages,(at least) not a long commute to work, & still gets to live with his parents. Can see why he's picking them...

This beating the club at every opportunity thing, (not you as such) when we've know idea how much, or why a player signs for another team...can get a little bit...meh.

Whoever we sign won't be good enough for some, as long as CL's in charge.

That's the crux of it. 

I've no idea if they were after Halkett, i'm sure if they were, he would of signed for them. 

He's a defender. 

Hastie is the type of player we need,  someone that want's to get the ball and lash it into the net. 

I'm beating the club for a reason. Have you seen us?

2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I see, get hold of him before he shows promise. Got it, genius.

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I see, get hold of him before he shows promise. Got it, genius.

Nah, just know what a good player looks like and see it before Rangers do.  

We have to. 

As you said, we can't compete with them financially. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hastie may never be seen again in that team. Plenty of more established players have before him.He may win YPOTY. Who knows. Triples his wages,(at least) not a long commute to work, & still gets to live with his parents. Can see why he's picking them...

This beating the club at every opportunity thing, (not you as such) when we've no idea how much, or why a player signs for another team...can get a little bit...meh.

That's the crux of it. 

Exactly, they’ve also got Jordan Jones coming in. A lot of players  going to be sitting it out week on week. 

7 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Exactly

We should have signed him when he was 6

You can miss out now after that age

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

This beating the club at every opportunity thing, (not you as such) when we've no idea how much, or why a player signs for another team...can get a little bit...meh.

That's the crux of it. 

Good post, Mr President. 

Plenty sticks to beat Levein with right now. Why folk feel the need to blame him for world poverty defeats me. 

special agent oso
23 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Or defenders

Think Hasties making a mistake going there. Should have aimed to get his 100 games and assessed his options then. 

But hey, at least he gets to be billy big time warming the bench at the mighty Govan Wanderers. 

The Internet
22 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

When we signed Wighton this lad had played 3 games for Motherwell, 3 years ago, and had just come off a season where he scored 3 goals in 23 games for alloa athletic. There isn't a crystal ball to tell us which youngster will hit a purple patch in the 2nd part of the season. Think ffs.

Dario Zanatta has had a better spell at Alloa. Hastie has had a great couple of months since returning from Alloa and being given a chance in Motherwell’s first team, but that is a huge punt by Rangers!

52 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

To sign for Rangers this week. 

The sort of player we should be looking at. 

But nah. 

You make a point. Considering Rangers why would anyone want to sign for them.

The player we missed out on was Ally McCoist. Promising at St Johnstone but struggled at Sunderland. Who knows. Maybe Hearts could have done 9 in a row. Wallace Mercer hang your head in shame. 

Maurice Johnston as well. I know Celtic were interested. But clearly Hearts fecked up badly. Joe Jordan to blame here. Nantes are about the same level as Motherwell too. 

And more recently Jermain Defoe and then Kamara from Dundee. It's clear and obvious we should have signed these players. No idea why we didn't. 

And that's before we even look at spending £18 million on a stand when we could get a couple of years decent money on transfer fees and wages. 

Awful. 

Edited by Mikey1874

joondalupjambo

The OF strategy has, and always will be to try and take the best or most promising player out of as many of the oppostion teams in the SPL or whatever the top flight is called as possible. They do not care if the player flourishes,  some do some don't but as long as it weakens the other teams. 

Think back over the last few seasons the Hamilton laddie, Jack, Allan, Christie and so on.  Hastie is just another hooked by the bright lights of Glasgow, a big pay packet and the dreams of playing for what they consider to be a big club.  His new employer has another agenda though and my bet he is will play a couple of times, go out on loan and then get punted.

12 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Hastie is costing £400k in compensation, I don’t think we can afford that at the moment.

Might be able to afford these sort of deals soon. 

Actually sorry for Motherwell here. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Think this was the team talk yesterday

Morbidly depressing truth but have to laugh 

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

GUEST_cb157647-bcbe-4d68-b608-24ff203870

Jake Hasties signing on bonus? Poor if so, reckon we could've got the lad some shit hot felt tips

Edited by Thommo414

I was surprised at how decent Kamara looked yesterday, would seem that Gerrard will give players a game irrespective of how much they cost. 

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

GUEST_cb157647-bcbe-4d68-b608-24ff203870

7 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Jake Hasties signing on bonus? Poor if so, reckon we could've got the lad some shit hot felt tips

But could we of got him 96 colors?  Maybe if we had only offered him 3 to colour in a UJ ?

Edited by sadj

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I was surprised at how decent Kamara looked yesterday, would seem that Gerrard will give players a game irrespective of how much they cost. 

Agree

He's actually slotted in very well for Rangers. More physical side to game than he showed for Dundee as well.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

But could we of got him 96 colors?  Maybe if we had only offered him 3 to colour in a UJ ?

We should have thought outside the box and just offered him two. Could have left the white bits blank 

:sob:

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Nah, just know what a good player looks like and see it before Rangers do.  

We have to. 

As you said, we can't compete with them financially. 

You seem to have no concept of how football works. Do you think Hearts know he is available and Rangers don't at any point? If Hearts go for him his agent will be alerting other clubs to try get the best deal for him. 

We can't compete with Rangers financially. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

First of all, our favourite expat to France will lose his shit when he sees that! 

But more importantly, I don't think you really need as many as 96 colours. It's overkill. I mean, who in God's name is using this absolute monstrosity? 

20190421_203649.jpg

Alex Kintner
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

You seem to have no concept of how football works. Do you think Hearts know he is available and Rangers don't at any point? If Hearts go for him his agent will be alerting other clubs to try get the best deal for him. 

We can't compete with Rangers financially. 

Nah mate, that’s just making excuses. Hearing Arsenal are in for  Ryan Fraser. If we don’t pip them to his signature I’ll be raging ?

2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

First of all, our favourite expat to France will lose his shit when he sees that! 

But more importantly, I don't think you really need as many as 96 colours. It's overkill. I mean, who in God's name is using this absolute monstrosity? 

20190421_203649.jpg

Is that not the colour if part of that weird pattern on the Hibs top? 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

20190421_203649.jpg

The designer of this ??‍♂️New-Hibs-Top-2014-15.jpg

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Are Aberdeen not in for a tasty wedge if he goes for daft money?

They'll need a good replacement for Shinnie.

Shinnie’s leaving? We better be signing him as well! ?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Is that not the colour if part of that weird pattern on the Hibs top? 

Sure, that and a bad shite after a night on the sauce. Neither of which id be impressed for my 5 year old to show me a drawing of :lol:

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We should have thought outside the box and just offered him two. Could have left the white bits blank 

:sob:

??? ffs if only you were doing the business for the club his agent would of got him to sign for us and the saving of the 1 crayon would of paid the £400k compo

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Yes unfortunately.

fingers crossed CP goes elsewhere if Cardiff get relegated

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

£4-6 million has been mentioned as payment to Aberdeen 

JamboGraham

Is the £400k compensation figure accurate? If so that’s one heck of a punt on a player with around 3 calendar months experience of top division football.

Decent 12 game record with Motherwell, 6 goals, 1 assist with 19 games, 1 goal, 3 assists for Alloa earlier in the season.

Definite potential but for £400k that’s a gamble and another experiment.

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 hour ago, Barack said:

They were. Anyway...yes I've seen us, cheers.

We need creativity. Only folk with shite oozing out of their eyes will say any different regardless of which manager they do or don't like.

I'll see who we sign over the summer. Regardless of who's in charge.

The "waah waah" stuff on the board is tiresome. 

You'll see the same old shite next season and get on the wah wah train a year late, same as our scouts. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

Just now, Thommo414 said:

Sure, that and a bad shite after a night on the sauce. Neither of which id be impressed for my 5 year old to show me a drawing of :lol:

?? i don’t even think my dog shites that colour after swimming in murky burns let alone me after a sesh....I think i’d be far less upset if my son drew a green shite than a hibs top

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Shinnie’s leaving? We better be signing him as well! ?

Maybe we can sign Willie’s grandson Willie too? Derby for Shinnie isn’t it? I reckon our wage structure can offer better financial packages than Derby’s. Its also a shithole of a place....

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

£4-6 million has been mentioned as payment to Aberdeen 

I think they are struggling for investment on the countryside arena of hope. So what the ones i know have said is only a part of any money would go to the team and they were not hopeful that would even be £1mil. Still handy though.

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Is the £400k compensation figure accurate? If so that’s one heck of a punt on a player with around 3 calendar months experience of top division football.

Decent 12 game record with Motherwell, 6 goals, 1 assist with 19 games, 1 goal, 3 assists for Alloa earlier in the season.

Definite potential but for £400k that’s a gamble and another experiment.

Iv heard the £400k from a few different media outlets so i’d assume fairly accurate

1 minute ago, sadj said:

?? i don’t even think my dog shites that colour after swimming in murky burns let alone me after a sesh....I think i’d be far less upset if my son drew a green shite than a hibs top

Definitely. More unamused than upset if it was a shite. I'd use said crayon to fill out his adoption papers if he ever brought me a drawing of a hibs top

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Definitely. More unamused than upset if it was a shite. I'd use said crayon to fill out his adoption papers if he ever brought me a drawing of a hibs top

This ?, well unless they would reject the papers for not being in black ink. Then id push the crayon up their nose and use the pen to ensure they were adopted. Might seem harsh but I think its fair for supporting Hibs....