BNP policy (keep it civil)

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

I'll start by saying I am not BNP member or supporter, since I dont think they stand msp's up here its irrelevant.

Anyway, I decided to look through their policies on their site, and being Scottish/British a lot of it made sense! If the BNP are mentioned in the press its usually accompanied with chants of racists!, and to be honest I could not find any racist policies or remarks on the site, unless putting British people first is racist.

I have copied and pasted a few below, and I doubt many on here would disagree with them. I agree with a few Tory policies as well, but that does not make me a Tory either. Address at the bottom.

Discuss, but keep it civil. There are some, who on hearing those 3 letters go into 'you racist' overdrive without actually reading what they have to say.

EUROPE - back to British independence!

We are opposed to the Single European Currency, and support the overwhelming majority of the British people in their desire to keep the Pound and our traditional weights and measures. At the same time, we are for the best possible relationship with our European neighbours and believe that the nations of Europe should be free to trade and cooperate whenever it is mutually beneficial, though without being forced into a political and economic straitjacket - political unification. Accordingly, we stand for British withdrawal from the European Union. In place of the EU, we intend to aim towards greater national self-sufficiency, and to work to restore Britain?s family and trading ties with Australia, Canada and New Zealand, and to trade with the rest of the world as it suits us. Following our withdrawal from the EU, the BNP will use the ?43 million per day net contribution Britain at present makes to the European Union to fund many far more useful projects at home.

LAW AND ORDER - crack down on crime!

The BNP will crack down on crime and restore public safety and confidence. We will free the police and courts from the politically correct straitjacket that is stopping them from doing their job properly. The liberal fixation with the ?rights? of criminals must be replaced by concern for the rights of victims, and the right of innocent people not to become victims. We support the re-introduction of corporal punishment for petty criminals and vandals, and the restoration of capital punishment for paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute, as by DNA evidence or being caught red-handed.

AGRICULTURE - quality before quantity!

We see a strong, healthy agriculture sector as vital to the country. Britain?s farming industry will be encouraged to produce a much greater part of the nation?s need in food products. Priority will be switched from quantity to quality, as we move from competing in a global economy to maximum self-sufficiency for Britain. We will ensure a major shift to healthier and more sustainable organic farming. We are pledged to ensure the restoration of Britain?s once great fishing industry with the reimposition of the former exclusion zones around our coast.

FOREIGN AID - time to spend our money on our own people!

We reject the idea that Britain must forever be obliged to subsidise the incompetence and corruption of Third World states by supplying them with financial aid. We will link foreign aid with our voluntary resettlement policy, whereby those nations taking significant numbers of people back to their homelands will need cash to help absorb those returning. The billions of pounds saved every year by this policy will also be reallocated to vital services in Britain.

This one I definately agree with, an old British saying...charity begins at home

PENSIONERS - pensioners before asylum seekers!

The conditions in which many of Britain?s old people are forced to live are a national disgrace. We are pledged to ensure that all our old folk are able to live in comfortable homes, and will restore the earnings link with pensions. Elderly people who have paid a lifetime of taxes and reared families should not have to sell their homes to pay for care.

FOREIGN AFFAIRS - Britain?s interests first!

Britain?s foreign relations should be determined by the protection of our own national interest and not by our like or dislike of other nations? internal politics. We would have no quarrel with any nation that does not threaten British interests. We will maintain an independent foreign policy of our own, and not a spineless subservience to the USA, the ?international community?, or any other country.

http://www.bnp.org.uk/sms-news-texts/

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as you said didn't see anything too racist, but it does seem that they want to go back in time a few decades if not centuries. as long as they go with the nae BNP they will have no credibility no matter how sound their policies.

The BNP will always have the 'racist' image, until they change their name and start over again. I like their stance on several issues too. Especially the political correctness part.

I P Knightley

So how comes it's acceptable to support the Scottish National Party (acceptable in most eyes barring maybe one significant poster on these boards - initials TR) yet it's condemnable to support the British National Party?

So how comes it's acceptable to support the Scottish National Party (acceptable in most eyes barring maybe one significant poster on these boards - initials TR) yet it's condemnable to support the British National Party?

Erm...because they are completely different parties with different policies and different leadership?

Or was this a joke that went completely over my head?

For the BNP -

I would consider "offering generous grants" to Brits of different ethnic origins to leave the country a racist policy.

Why are they wanting to waste my money on that anyway?

I'd also never vote for a party that wanted to reintroduce the death penalty.

Thats without getting started on the rather chequered pasts of their members - from top to bottom.

In the interests of balance I do agree with their policies on withdrawing our troops and only utilising them for situations directly affecting ourselves and also on unemployment benefits.

Even Hitler fixed the railways after all

I'm no expert on politics but i think it might be down to image, i have never seen SNP followers with skinheads and swastikas running around giving nazi salutes.

As i said i have never seen this, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

scott_jambo

Euughmeehhenehnneeeeeeeee

The BNP are much more slicker and sophisticated now, they are not going to post out and out racism on there site.

It seems to be working. :rolleyes:

This is one case where peoples prejudices are vindicated. Try going to a few rallies etc...entertaining.

Professor.Arturo
The BNP will always have the 'racist' image, until they change their name and start over again. I like their stance on several issues too. Especially the political correctness part.

I think that is their main problem, they have too many skinhead thugs hanging on their coat tails, we've seen them at Tynie on occasions (usually when Rangers or Celtic visit), to be taken seriously they need to address that.

But they do have some good policies.

Many old folks in this country are living in poverty, dying of hypothermia in the winter because they cant afford to heat their homes, yet the government send billions of pounds in aid to third world countries, money often kept by the corrupt governments of those countries to purchase arm to keep their population subserviant.

scott_jambo

Is this a joke!

Apart from the initials of each this is where the similarities end.

The SNP is mainstream centre left party who like it or not use there party to promote independence from the rest of the UK.

BNP is a fascist ultra right wing party, with racist policies and racist people. They are pro unionist yes. But also anti anything that isnt White British origin. Are you saying that pro unionist people are basically BNP supporters???

scott_jambo
I think that is their main problem, they have too many skinhead thugs hanging on their coat tails, we've seen them at Tynie on occasions (usually when Rangers or Celtic visit), to be taken seriously they need to address that.

But they do have some good policies.

Many old folks in this country are living in poverty, dying of hypothermia in the winter because they cant afford to heat their homes, yet the government send billions of pounds in aid to third world countries, money often kept by the corrupt governments of those countries to purchase arm to keep their population subserviant.

The BNP couldn't run a bath never mind a country. I :sad: for you.

Professor.Arturo
For the BNP -

I would consider "offering generous grants" to Brits of different ethnic origins to leave the country a racist policy.

Why are they wanting to waste my money on that anyway?

I'd also never vote for a party that wanted to reintroduce the death penalty.

Thats without getting started on the rather chequered pasts of their members - from top to bottom.

In the interests of balance I do agree with their policies on withdrawing our troops and only utilising them for situations directly affecting ourselves and also on unemployment benefits.

Even Hitler fixed the railways after all

Personally I'm all for the death sentence. I suspect if a national referendum was held, I'd be in the majority.

A man kidnaps and rapes a 10yr old girl, then murders her. What would be your sentence? spend taxpayers money to rehabilitate him in prison? Sorry, if it were up to me he'd be straight to the gallows for real justice.

Personally I'm all for the death sentence. I suspect if a national referendum was held, I'd be in the majority.

A man kidnaps and rapes a 10yr old girl, then murders her. What would be your sentence? spend taxpayers money to rehabilitate him in prison? Sorry, if it were up to me he'd be straight to the gallows for real justice.

what if he is found guilty wrongly, where is the appeal? I mean john leslie would be dead years ago if we had the death penalty.....oh hang on i just convinced myself i was wrong, hang the beast. ;)

Professor.Arturo
what if he is found guilty wrongly, where is the appeal? I mean john leslie would be dead years ago if we had the death penalty.....oh hang on i just convinced myself i was wrong, hang the beast. ;)

They do say guilt beyond any doubt, DNA proof or caught red handed. Its something that there can be no doubt about.

Apart from anything else quote 4 in the original post says it for me.

And no you won't see BNP members doing Nazi salutes etc. In the same way that Sinn Fein members don't publicly wander around in berets and sunglasses. They have other people do it for them.

The Old Tolbooth
I think that is their main problem, they have too many skinhead thugs hanging on their coat tails

Absolutely correct RC, I know a couple of blokes in Gala who are into the BNP and are right nut jobs, ex skinheads with their racist beliefs, and one of them admitted to me that they actively target Rangers and Hearts home games to try and promote their party.

They seemed to be proud that they were into the BNP, however the way the party has developed since I last spoke to him (5 years ago at least) seems to be trying to come away from that image.

scott_jambo

My verdict would be that two years later evidence shows that the man was actually set up by the child's crazed peadophile father and now the people of our country have innocent blood on our hands.

They do say guilt beyond any doubt, DNA proof or caught red handed. Its something that there can be no doubt about.

yeah fair enough about caught red handed, DNA is never 100% conclusive, especially amongst the criminal classes.

I'm not against the death penalty in principal, but it is too hard to get it right!

All for it when there is no doubt, but that is not a reasonable justice system!

difficult to find a right and a wrong here.

Professor.Arturo
Apart from anything else quote 4 in the original post says it for me.

And no you won't see BNP members doing Nazi salutes etc. In the same way that Sinn Fein members don't publicly wander around in berets and sunglasses. They have other people do it for them.

Do you think its acceptable to send billions to Africa or Asia while the Edinburgh sick kids hospitals begs for charity? (1 of 1000's of examples I could give you). As I said, I would not associate with some of their dodgy followers, but I think they have the right idea on many things.

And Scott Jambo, well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the death penalty.

Professor.Arturo
yeah fair enough about caught red handed, DNA is never 100% conclusive, especially amongst the criminal classes.

I'm not against the death penalty in principal, but it is too hard to get it right!

All for it when there is no doubt, but that is not a reasonable justice system!

difficult to find a right and a wrong here.

Was Harold Shipman guilty? or Fred West? in football we'd call them 'stonewallers'. Fortunately, they carried out the sentence themselves.

But I agree with you, if there is any doubt whatsoever, then the death penalty is not an option.

Do you think its acceptable to send billions to Africa or Asia while the Edinburgh sick kids hospitals begs for charity? (1 of 1000's of examples I could give you). As I said, I would not associate with some of their dodgy followers, but I think they have the right idea on many things.

Well apart from anything else it is a hugely flawed policy. How will we save billions on "voluntary" repatriation? People left countries for a reason, why would they go back? So we would give money to these countries in return for them taking people back? Would that money not be better spent here? Like the millions of pounds of tax money lost by having fewer people in this country earning money and paying tax. Or are all "non British" people scrounging off the system? Perhaps like the large amount of BNP voters in their "high unemployment" areas where they traditionally have strong support?

As I said their image is the biggest problem. There is no doubt they have extreme racists within their party who only disguise it publicly. If this was intensely addressed, then I reckon the British public would genuinely appreciate their policies more. There was a report on Sky news that showed around 55% of people to agree with the manifesto but when told that it was the 'BNP', dropped to 45%.

And Scott Jambo, well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the death penalty.

Yes.

It's not acceptable that the Sick Kids has to raise money from charity, (I've seen lots of appeals for hospitals, equipment etc, but I've never seen the army trying to raise money for guns and bombs) BUT dying children are dying children whatever country they're in.

What makes Scottish children more valuable than African ones?

This phrase 'charity begins at home' is bull. When children are starving, or dying of dysentery because they have no access to clean water we have to help. Food and water are not luxuries, every person on Earth has the right to the basics needed to live.

The BNP's separatist, paranoid and racist policies are reprehensible, I am disgusted that any thinking person would fall for their thinly veiled prejudice.

Professor.Arturo
Well apart from anything else it is a hugely flawed policy. How will we save billions on "voluntary" repatriation? People left countries for a reason, why would they go back? So we would give money to these countries in return for them taking people back? Would that money not be better spent here? Like the millions of pounds of tax money lost by having fewer people in this country earning money and paying tax. Or are all "non British" people scrounging off the system? Perhaps like the large amount of BNP voters in their "high unemployment" areas where they traditionally have strong support?

Sorry, I thought you meant the foreign aid policy.

The immigration thing is different, and complex. I dont have figures, but how many people have moved to the UK and live on benefits? cant even speak our language....and housed. And the majority are not running from a regime that were going to kill them, if that was the case there are many European safe havens long before reaching our shores. For a long time now the UK has been a soft touch.

Look at a couple of our commonwealth partners, try emmigrating to Canada or Australia....tell them you have no skills, intend on living on state housing and benefits, oh yes, and tell them you cant speak the language either. We both know the answer you'd get, does that make the Canadians and Australians racist as well?

This is nonsense.

Firstly, the death penalty makes it more likely for predatory paedophiles to murder their victims, not less.

Secondly, rehabilitation is not the only, or even the primary motive of imprisonment.

Thirdly, in what way is hanging the criminal justice? How does killing the perpetrator balance the wrong doing? Does it repair the damage done? Does it make reparation or redeem the act? I don't believe it would even make the victims family feel any better, nothing could. It might assuage the blood lust of the chattering classes though.

You are probably right, in a national referendum the death penalty would, in all likelihood be re-instated. Doesn't make it right though...

I dont have figures, but how many people have moved to the UK and live on benefits? cant even speak our language....and housed. You don't have figures? Then your argument is null and void in that case. I don't have figures for how many have moved here and have jobs and businesses

For a long time now the UK has been a soft touch. Actually many countries take more asylum seekers than us

Australians racist as well? Actually yes, they are a pretty racist country compared to Britain.

Professor.Arturo
Yes.

It's not acceptable that the Sick Kids has to raise money from charity, (I've seen lots of appeals for hospitals, equipment etc, but I've never seen the army trying to raise money for guns and bombs) BUT dying children are dying children whatever country they're in.

What makes Scottish children more valuable than African ones?

This phrase 'charity begins at home' is bull. When children are starving, or dying of dysentery because they have no access to clean water we have to help. Food and water are not luxuries, every person on Earth has the right to the basics needed to live.

The BNP's separatist, paranoid and racist policies are reprehensible, I am disgusted that any thinking person would fall for their thinly veiled prejudice.

2 points there. Read the manifesto, British troops would be pulled out of those forein lands that they dont belong, there job would be to protect the British Isles.

As for your 2nd point? yes, my kids are more important than kids in Africa or Asia, as far as I am concerned, I'm sure every other mother or father on JKB would say exactly the same. We take care of our own first....then, if there's money left over

You are probably right, in a national referendum the death penalty would, in all likelihood be re-instated. Doesn't make it right though...

I actually disagree with this. If you read polls in The Sun or the Mail then yes, but as they are pretty much the only papers that regularly run this poll then in recent polls it is the case.

I actually disagree with this. If you read polls in The Sun or the Mail then yes, but as they are pretty much the only papers that regularly run this poll then in recent polls it is the case.

sadly they are the papers that 5/8ths of people read, so in effect they rule the country.............well they would if they could be bothered to get off their arse's and vote.

Professor.Arturo
You don't have figures? Then your argument is null and void in that case. I don't have figures for how many have moved here and have jobs and businesses

Not null and void, we both know the number is huge, go to Birmingham,London etc and the numbers would multipy massively.

Immigrants falls into different catagories, take the Polish, lovely people, all the ones I have met anyway, I have yet to meet an unemployed Pole here or one that cannot speak English. These people contribute a lot to the UK (except Boruc of course)

...well they would if they could be bothered to get off their arse's and vote.

They will be the same people I listen to on the bus every week moaning about Poles taking all the jobs, as they sit up the back of the bus having a joint and drinking cider on their way to sign on.

Not null and void, we both know the number is huge, go to Birmingham,London etc and the numbers would multipy massively.

My part or yours? My father in law lives near Birmingham and the BNP would try to get rid of him. The irony being that he is hardcore Tory.

withdrawing from the european union would be economic suicide imo. add what ever the common import tariff the EU has onto british products(say 7%) and the price is already more expensive than others and our products become uncompetetive leading to poor sales and poor economic performance.

i disagree with all of them apart from the oap part.

davemclaren
I'll start by saying I am not BNP member or supporter, since I dont think they stand msp's up here its irrelevant.

Anyway, I decided to look through their policies on their site, and being Scottish/British a lot of it made sense! If the BNP are mentioned in the press its usually accompanied with chants of racists!, and to be honest I could not find any racist policies or remarks on the site, unless putting British people first is racist.

I have copied and pasted a few below, and I doubt many on here would disagree with them. I agree with a few Tory policies as well, but that does not make me a Tory either. Address at the bottom.

Discuss, but keep it civil. There are some, who on hearing those 3 letters go into 'you racist' overdrive without actually reading what they have to say.

This one I definately agree with, an old British saying...charity begins at home

http://www.bnp.org.uk/sms-news-texts/

Populist nonsense really.

I think this gives it away....'to work to restore Britain?s family and trading ties with Australia, Canada and New Zealand', just the white 'dominions' are to be our 'family'.

They are getting more clever ( and dangerous ) and trying to hide their xenophobic and racist policies behind a seemingly respectable veneer.

2 points there. Read the manifesto, British troops would be pulled out of those forein lands that they dont belong, there job would be to protect the British Isles.

As for your 2nd point? yes, my kids are more important than kids in Africa or Asia, as far as I am concerned, I'm sure every other mother or father on JKB would say exactly the same. We take care of our own first....then, if there's money left over

On your first point, I think you missed my point. I was suggesting that there appear to be government departments where it's acceptable to raise charity money and others where it isn't, it was off topic, hence in brackets. I believe that the government should spend my tax on hospitals ahead of bombs, it's their responsibility, hospitals shouldn't need charity in any case, never mind at the expense of third world countries.

Of course your kids are more important to you than kids in Africa. My kids are more important to me as well. But we're not just talking about your kids are we? You're responsible for your kids, I'm responsible for mine. I'd like the government to provide exceptional health care in this country for everybody's kids, but that doesn't mean that we relinquish responsibility for kids in other countries.

It's not as simple as 'take care of our own then if there's anything left the third world can have it'. You and I both know that we could spend all the tax money on our kids, to a ridiculous degree, they could all get one to one tuition for example, we could buy all the most expensive equipment and expensive medicines for all the ill children in Scotland and forget about the kids in Sudan who can't get clean water. My point is that that's not good enough, we have a responsibility to other children too.

What if somebody with no kids decided that they should pay less tax because they shouldn't have to pay for your kids education? Why should they pay for your kids education?

My Granny's are both dead, why should my tax go towards pensions? Why didn't the pensioners who are dying of hypothermia not invest in better private pensions?

That's no way to think.

We live in a world which ought to be better than it is, that means trying to share wealth, at home and abroad.

I can no more refuse to support other people's Granny's through the tax I pay than I can refuse to help the starving child in Africa.

Maybe it's about finding a balance, I can accept that. We should do the best we can in trying to take care of the most people we can to a reasonable level, but we can't just leave people to suffer because they're not in the UK.

Professor.Arturo
withdrawing from the european union would be economic suicide imo. add what ever the common import tariff the EU has onto british products(say 7%) and the price is already more expensive than others and our products become uncompetetive leading to poor sales and poor economic performance.

i disagree with all of them apart from the oap part.

That is not the case. Add to the fact of saving over ?40m per day (the amount Britain pay the EU). Scottish, English, Welsh fishermen and farmers would actually start to make a proper living again. Do you know there are parts of Scottish waters our fishermen are not allowed to enter? they are reserved for Spanish and French trawlers.

davemclaren
That is not the case. Add to the fact of saving over ?40m per day (the amount Britain pay the EU). Scottish, English, Welsh fishermen and farmers would actually start to make a proper living again. Do you know there are parts of Scottish waters our fishermen are not allowed to enter? they are reserved for Spanish and French trawlers.

Pulling out of the EU would be economic suicide imo. They are our major trading partners. Heck, even the tories are happy to stay in. :cool:

Do you know there are parts of Scottish waters our fishermen are not allowed to enter? they are reserved for Spanish and French trawlers.

where?

They will be the same people I listen to on the bus every week moaning about Poles taking all the jobs, as they sit up the back of the bus having a joint and drinking cider on their way to sign on.

spot on.

Boaby Ewing
My part or yours? My father in law lives near Birmingham and the BNP would try to get rid of him. The irony being that he is hardcore Tory.

Swap Birmingham for Beirut with a lump sum payment? Where do I sign up? :P

Swap Birmingham for Beirut with a lump sum payment? Where do I sign up? :P

I stand to inherit a couple of nice properties (well the wife does) I'll be in touch. One in East Beirut and one in Salima in Mount Lebanon.

Professor.Arturo
On your first point, I think you missed my point. I was suggesting that there appear to be government departments where it's acceptable to raise charity money and others where it isn't, it was off topic, hence in brackets. I believe that the government should spend my tax on hospitals ahead of bombs, it's their responsibility, hospitals shouldn't need charity in any case, never mind at the expense of third world countries.

Of course your kids are more important to you than kids in Africa. My kids are more important to me as well. But we're not just talking about your kids are we? You're responsible for your kids, I'm responsible for mine. I'd like the government to provide exceptional health care in this country for everybody's kids, but that doesn't mean that we relinquish responsibility for kids in other countries.

It's not as simple as 'take care of our own then if there's anything left the third world can have it'. You and I both know that we could spend all the tax money on our kids, to a ridiculous degree, they could all get one to one tuition for example, we could buy all the most expensive equipment and expensive medicines for all the ill children in Scotland and forget about the kids in Sudan who can't get clean water. My point is that that's not good enough, we have a responsibility to other children too.

What if somebody with no kids decided that they should pay less tax because they shouldn't have to pay for your kids education? Why should they pay for your kids education?

My Granny's are both dead, why should my tax go towards pensions? Why didn't the pensioners who are dying of hypothermia not invest in better private pensions?

That's no way to think.

We live in a world which ought to be better than it is, that means trying to share wealth, at home and abroad.

I can no more refuse to support other people's Granny's through the tax I pay than I can refuse to help the starving child in Africa.

Maybe it's about finding a balance, I can accept that. We should do the best we can in trying to take care of the most people we can to a reasonable level, but we can't just leave people to suffer because they're not in the UK.

I actually agree with you Doctor, we seem to disagree but I'm not sure where!

We spend billions on defence, but is it all needed? Trident is being replaced at a phenomenal cost, why? do the nukes we have not work any more??? but your right, sick kids, cancer research etc etc have to rely on charity, yet we can always find the billions needed to go to war.

One of the BNP's policies is we'd have no argument with any country as long as we are not threatened....sounds reasonable to me.

I know sick kids (and adults) elsewhere are important as well, what I am saying is we need to make sure our own house is in order and funded before we think about those in other countries.

Sheriff Fatman

Sorry to be nasty to the fishermen, but the fishing industry is minuscule compared to the export market we enjoy with the EU. I would love to get the tens of thousands in the fishing industry a better living, but if it came at the expense of the millions who work for companies that make their money in Europe then forget it.

I

One of the BNP's policies is we'd have no argument with any country as long as we are not threatened....sounds reasonable to me.

That's every parties policy, they just move the goalposts on who is threatening us.

Sheriff Fatman
I know sick kids (and adults) elsewhere are important as well, what I am saying is we need to make sure our own house is in order and funded before we think about those in other countries.

I don't have any kids, why should my tax go to pay for your kids education and health, as my house isn't in order or adequately funded.

Sorry mate but I think that's abdicating responsibility. If you take that stance we should have allowed Germany to invade Poland in 1939 and carry on with their policies as they weren't threatening this country.

If you think of the situation in Zimbabwe, should we stand back and allow innocent people to be persecuted or should we try to help them. If we do nothing its a bit like standing back and watching a school bully picking on someone who can't defend themself.

IMO the BNP are trying to present a slightly more acceptable front but behind that is basically a little England, racist mentality and I hope to god that people aren't fooled by their apparent more reasonable policies.

Boaby Ewing
I stand to inherit a couple of nice properties (well the wife does) I'll be in touch. One in East Beirut and one in Salima in Mount Lebanon.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate you.

Does your wife have any sisters? ;)

The mate I was out there with has inherited a beautiful apartment in Jounieh with her sister. Can't believe she chooses to live in Howden near Leeds for ten months of the year.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate you.

Does your wife have any sisters? ;)

The mate I was out there with has inherited a beautiful apartment in Jounieh with her sister. Can't believe she chooses to live in Howden near Leeds for ten months of the year.

Could be worse Dave it could be Howden in Livingston:eek:

Archived