dellboy1971

Levein  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What now for Levein?

• Go right now
    • Make decision in the summer
    • In charge next season

Enzo

I specifically noticed on a Saturday that every Hibs corner we had 2 players not in the box.

We were away from home.

If you are going to be a throbber about Levein fine. Just don’t lie about it and prove yourself to be a hateful prick.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• soonbe110

• JamboAl

• Jammy T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

To have 48% possession away from home in a derby against a team unbeaten in 11 is pretty too though, eh?

I'm referring to the game at Tynie.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

You’re right - we had 49% possession last week.

Not bad, eh?

Hearts1975
49 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

By the same posters. 

I honestly think some of them will boo Levein if he goes up to collect the cup. 

No true supporters of the club would boo him if he lifted the cup.

If Craig wins the club I and I think a lot of others who may have suggested a different direction moving forward would be delighted for him.

He bleeds maroon and displays a passion for the club that others before have never had. I don’t think anyone seriously could question that 

Not sure if you were one of the absentees that allowed me to get a ticket? So, it was Mulraney mostly and also Cochrane just in case you were wondering.

Edited by Jammy T

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Jammy T said:

Enzo

I specifically noticed on a Saturday that every Hibs corner we had 2 players not in the box.

We were away from home.

If you are going to be a throbber about Levein fine. Just don’t lie about it and prove yourself to be a hateful prick.

Watch your language pal. If you can't debate then keep off the board.  I wasn't at the game on Saturday but you know as well as I do that he always defends corners with 11 back. Perhaps on Sunday he saw my post and took the idea on board. A welcome change, better late than never.

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The proof will be sitting in the dug out on Saturday. Pressley had originally accepted the job but changed his mind.

Not heard that one before. Link or source? 

The chat on here was that Freedman was tge preferred candidate but took the EPL gig.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You’re right - we had 49% possession last week.

Not bad, eh?

Yeah great. But I didn't claim that Hibs dominated the game on Sun. I mentioned posession in order to demolish the argument of a poster who claimed we had dominated the game at Tynie.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Watch your language pal. If you can't debate then keep off the board.  I wasn't at the game on Saturday but you know as well as I do that he always defends corners with 11 back. Perhaps on Sunday he saw my post and took the idea on board. A welcome change, better late than never.

He'll now be able to play the team you select, and the formation, for Saturday.  

Oh, I forgot - it's not your job.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not heard that one before. Link or source? 

The chat on here was that Freedman was tge preferred candidate but took the EPL gig.

A source close to the negotiations 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

He'll now be able to play the team you select, and the formation, for Saturday.  

Oh, I forgot - it's not your job.

You didn't forget...you mentioned it. You're right though, it aint my job.

Hearts1975
7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

No he ****ing wasn’t FFS - his contract had an end date and that contract ended.

How well is Locke’s current team that he is managing doing?

The point I was making had nothing to do with Locke’s ability. I was saying that AB and CL made a decision not to continue with him for footballing reasons 

fast forward 5 seasons and we are still turning out inconsistent performances and turned over a hell of a lot of players and wasted money. is this progress in your eyes ?. 

Yes we we have had injuries, shit injuries that no question has affected us this season. Other clubs have had injuries as well 

re my first paragraph. Maybe, just maybe we make another decision for footballing reasons and try something else at the end of this season? - with our academy and an instruction given to any prospective manager to bring youth into the team and surround with some experience I think there are others out there who could also pull off this model. 

as said in my previous posts, suggesting change isn’t with the intent of sticking a knive in big Craig - it’s just that it may work for us as the infrastructure is in place. 

I think Craig is also far too loyal to his coaches and considering they are coaching the team through the week they have to take responsibility for a lot of the inconsistent performances that have been on display. If it’s not the coaches tactics and it’s the players that have been inconsistent, either way, the coaches job is to make them consistent 

it looks like craig will be here next season so I suppose time will tell. I’ll tell u what, if we are rising high next year on the crest of a wave playing an attractive brand of football I would love to be proved wrong. I would love it if he can get us doing this but seeing it is a different matter 

soonbe110
57 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The poster I replied too suggested if we changed manager now there would be demands on him to compete with the sheep immediately 

I just questioned if that was the case as in the last 5 years we haven’t got near them.

I don’t think I’m out of touch. 

Last 13 games against them, won 5 lost 5 drawn 3. Hardly not near them 

42 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

If Craig wins the club I and I think a lot of others who may have suggested a different direction moving forward would be delighted for him.

He bleeds maroon and displays a passion for the club that others before have never had. I don’t think anyone seriously could question that 

I'd be utterly over the moon for him. He's given so much to us on multiple occasions and for years on end. It would be brilliant 

I'd still want a change of manager though. I love Levein but I think his time as a manager has gone.

soonbe110
8 hours ago, Boab said:

Top league in the world money wise, imo.

Spain gets that accolade.

10 out of the last 14 European trophies.

Four teams in semis this year v two. Tide is turning again 

soonbe110
46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We could all pick a game in the past to support any argument we want. 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

4 more immobile, slow passing, defensive types.  Great, can't wait. The only way we will get upgrades is when the new manager identifies pacy, quick thinking, creative players. Anyway,  4 more games and Levein is out.

Why do you care? You can’t even be bothered going to games because you are in the huff. That’s a great way to support ‘your ‘ team. 

soonbe110
7 hours ago, Taffin said:

And that's the key part...they've still achieved what could be reasonably expected of them despite the injuries.

If they were 10th in the league and playing awful football you can bet there would be folk criticising Pochettino regardless of making the CL semi final.

But they haven’t. Two months ago even their manager was saying they were in the title race in England.  They thought they could win CL. Injuries have killed both in a very short space of time. Just like us in Oct/Nov. 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

4 more immobile, slow passing, defensive types.  Great, can't wait. The only way we will get upgrades is when the new manager identifies pacy, quick thinking, creative players. Anyway,  4 more games and Levein is out.

Is that an itk prediction or your usual 100/1 speculation? 

bighalders
On 30/04/2019 at 10:36, grumpyespana said:

He we go again then a new manager coming in HE will demand his own players and backroom staff which will cost us a pretty packet in compensation its a NO NO from me. As Craig has stated he will only need three or four BETTER quality  players next season and Steven back we could have a similar start as this season and if we stay clear of major injuries to our key players the world is our oyster.

6th two seasons running under Levein suggests that signing new players wont make any difference.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

By the same posters. 

I honestly think some of them will boo Levein if he goes up to collect the cup. 

Could start a list of them. Enzo, i8, who else? Spencer, Escobar, Mothy, Hendricks.........

Gambo wont, doesn’t like Levein but a jambo through and through 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But they haven’t. Two months ago even their manager was saying they were in the title race in England.  They thought they could win CL. Injuries have killed both in a very short space of time. Just like us in Oct/Nov. 

But they have. Tottenham's expectations at the start of the season were not to win the league and the Champions league. Poch might have thought they could still win but realistically they had no chance.

They still could win the Champions League. Equally we could still win the cup.

It's a crap comparison to be fair anyway but to suggest they have crumbled anything like we did simply isn't true. They've not even lost a league placing, never mind falling behind a team they were double figures ahead of 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

The only people I know who want him to stay only exist on here, you struggle to find a single voice backing Levein in real life.

Get a life. Lots I talk to want him to stay. At least as DoF. 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

No I’m saying we shouldn’t have based our entire plan on a crocked footballer.

Look at Aberdeen’s injuries and you will find they are just as bad.  

Defenders point I completely agree by the way .

We didn’t go near replacing Laff, we have had no way of playing at all since Naisy went out apart from punt and hope and keep it tight. 

Tell us about the five/six key Aberdeen players that have missed months of the season. 

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

But they have. Tottenham's expectations at the start of the season were not to win the league and the Champions league. Poch might have thought they could still win but realistically they had no chance.

They still could win the Champions League. Equally we could still win the cup.

It's a crap comparison to be fair anyway but to suggest they have crumbled anything like we did simply isn't true. They've not even lost a league placing, never mind falling behind a team they were double figures ahead of 

Correct.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Doubt it, folk probably just think he's a shite manager and you don't have to dig too deep to come up with evidence to support that opinion.

He's had a reasonable managerial career, nothing spectacular but I think his time has came and went.

Quite a contradiction in one post. You have really confirmed suspicions about you with this one. 

‘He is a shite manager - you don’t have to dig etc etc’ v ‘He’s had a reasonable managerial career’ !!!!!! So which one is it - shite or reasonable?  Don’t bother answering, I just wanted to point out the cluelessness of the anti-Levein brigade. It’s all about your agenda. 

shaun.lawson
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Quite a contradiction in one post. You have really confirmed suspicions about you with this one. 

‘He is a shite manager - you don’t have to dig etc etc’ v ‘He’s had a reasonable managerial career’ !!!!!! So which one is it - shite or reasonable?  Don’t bother answering, I just wanted to point out the cluelessness of the anti-Levein brigade. It’s all about your agenda. 

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

I swear some people think they're at war on here. Some people also seem convinced that supporting a manager, regardless of results and performances, and supporting the team is one and the same. It's not. It never has been. Or were you a big fan of the Committee, Malofeev, Rix or McGlynn and furious when others weren't?

As for him "really confirming suspicions about him" - get a life man.

Edited by shaun.lawson

7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

I swear some people think they're at war on here. Some people also seem convinced that supporting a manager, regardless of results and performances, and supporting the team is one and the same. It's not. It never has been. Or were you a big fan of the Committee, Malofeev, Rix or McGlynn and furious when others weren't?

As for him "really confirming suspicions about him" - get a life man.

Cheers Shaun, saves me having to get in to a back and forth with him :lol:

rudi must stay
35 minutes ago, bighalders said:

6th two seasons running under Levein suggests that signing new players wont make any difference.

A semi final and a final is a great season for Hearts

That shouldn't be forgotten

Grand scheme of things Levein has done a good job. We may not always like the way we play, but he knows what he's doing and has brought us back from the horror days and where we were heading

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

A semi final and a final is a great season for Hearts

That shouldn't be forgotten

Grand scheme of things Levein has done a good job. We may not always like the way we play, but he knows what he's doing and has brought us back from the horror days and where we were heading

6th in the league....

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

You’re right, we should never have the ambition to rectify that. Why would we possibly aim to have the glory days of the mid 50’s to early 60’s again. Stay wasting seasons from now until eternity. That we can keep saying it’s aye been.

That wasn’t the point and you know it.

In every decade we have tried like *******s to rectify it - and have largely failed each time.

Its not a complicated point.

siegementality
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

That wasn’t the point and you know it.

In every decade we have tried like *******s to rectify it - and have largely failed each time.

Its not a complicated point.

So you think Craig Levein is the man to rectify it?

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I’ll let others on this board deal with language issues so i’ll conduct myself how I like until told otherwise.

We didn’t have 11 defending corners against Hibs

Had you been there you’d have known I am correct.

So go and stop lying just because you are bitter and twisted about Levein.

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I'd be utterly over the moon for him. He's given so much to us on multiple occasions and for years on end. It would be brilliant 

I'd still want a change of manager though. I love Levein but I think his time as a manager has gone.

We win a cup against a team that hasn’t lost a domestic cup for the previous 8 comps and you would want the guy that did that to be sacked?

Cant you see what a ****ed up argument that is? It is nonsensical to the point of lunacy.

Edited by Jammy T

22 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

6th in the league....

And?

The main contrived argument against Levein at the start of the season was that we’d never win the league whoever is in charge and we need to get decent runs in the cups - our only chance of silverware.

The next follow up cracker was that Levein was shite in the cups so we wouldn’t win the league and we’d get nowhere in the cups so he’d be as well leaving.

We get to the league cup semi and the Scottish cup final in one season - more than was ‘demanded’ by our hardened fans and now hard of thinking folk are trotting our the line;

”aye but 6th in the league”

FFS - the what did the club do to deserve fans like that....?

Edited by Jammy T

shaun.lawson

If only all Hearts fans could be as measured, calm, mild-mannered and reasonable as Jammy T.

:rolleyes2: :rolleyes5: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes5: :rolleyes2:

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Last 13 games against them, won 5 lost 5 drawn 3. Hardly not near them 

It would be great if the league was based on just playing Aberdeen but unfortunately it isn’t. it’s based on playing all of the teams and that’s why I say I don’t think we are near them as they have been more consistent in this regard

if we can start to take care of lesser sides on a consistent basis then this will help propel us nearer to them.

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

100% agreed 

this is the bit I don’t get. Can’t you respect someone and be grateful for what they have done as you recognise they bleed maroon but then say that you don’t think that they are suitable for a particular job without certain folk thinking there are hidden agendas to what you are saying 

it’s absolutely mental 

Agentjambo
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

And?

The main contrived argument against Levein at the start of the season was that we’d never win the league whoever is in charge and we need to get decent runs in the cups - our only chance of silverware.

The next follow up cracker was that Levein was shite in the cups so we wouldn’t win the league and we’d get nowhere in the cups so he’d be as well leaving.

We get to the league cup semi and the Scottish cup final in one season - more than was ‘demanded’ by our hardened fans and now hard of thinking folk are trotting our the line;

If your happy coming 6th every season fair doos. 

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

We win a cup against a team that hasn’t lost a domestic cup for the previous 8 comps and you would want the guy that did that to be sacked?

Cant you see what a ****ed up argument that is? It is nonsensical to the point of lunacy.

I'd feel the same, 'tho I doubt it will enter the equation.

4 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

No I’m saying we shouldn’t have based our entire plan on a crocked footballer.

Look at Aberdeen’s injuries and you will find they are just as bad.  

Defenders point I completely agree by the way .

We didn’t go near replacing Laff, we have had no way of playing at all since Naisy went out apart from punt and hope and keep it tight. 

It’s been proven that we don’t play punt and hope football.

shaun.lawson
4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

100% agreed 

this is the bit I don’t get. Can’t you respect someone and be grateful for what they have done as you recognise they bleed maroon but then say that you don’t think that they are suitable for a particular job without certain folk thinking there are hidden agendas to what you are saying 

it’s absolutely mental 

A million times this.

I have a simple answer to the thread title Levein What Now.  Winning us the Scottish Cup, that's what's now.

And he will.

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I’ll let others on this board deal with language issues so i’ll conduct myself how I like until told otherwise.

We didn’t have 11 defending corners against Hibs

Had you been there you’d have known I am correct.

So go and stop lying just because you are bitter and twisted about Levein.

I didn't say we had 11 defending corners against Hibs. So go and stop talking p*sh.

Levein is a divisive figure but thankfully his erse will be out the door in the summer.

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I agree that no true supporter would boo if he lifted the cup but then I don't belueve the 3 or 4  posters that infest this site repeating the same shite no matter the topic are true supporters. If they are Hearts fans their hatred of Levein outweighs their affection for the club

Hearts1975
6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

And?

Raith Rovers, Cove Rangers, Cowdenbeath, Inverness, Dunfermline, Motherwell, Livingston, Auchinleck and Partick 

The above teams is who we beat in the cups. 

Could it be that the draw was kind to us this year or would that be detracting from the outstanding performances we have put in to reach the semi and final ?          2 SPL mediocre sides and the rest all lower division clubs. 

Maybe that's why the "hard of thinking" fans are paying closer attention to the league placing rather than the scintillating cup runs that we have had this year

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Raith Rovers, Cove Rangers, Cowdenbeath, Inverness, Dunfermline, Motherwell, Livingston, Auchinleck and Partick 

The above teams is who we beat in the cups. 

Could it be that the draw was kind to us this year or would that be detracting from the outstanding performances we have put in to reach the semi and final ?          2 SPL mediocre sides and the rest all lower division clubs. 

Maybe that's why the "hard of thinking" fans are paying closer attention to the league placing rather than the scintillating cup runs that we have had this year

I'm assuming you watched the Motherwell LC tie? That was as good a match as we have seen since 05-06.  The thing was that we were ALMOST at full strength and weren't fielding half fit players. 

I'd have given us every chance against Celtic that day.