Craig Halkett signs 3yr Pre-contract Deal

Romulus

heartsfc_fan

Happy with this. That's our defence pretty much sorted for next season (maybe another left back required) but apart from that looks good.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Mikey1874

• Gibson_HMFC

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolute Scenes

Great signing, doing business early which is what I like to see

Question is: does he start? Like will he be a regular, or mostly off the bench?

Jamboscanbevicius

Excellent signing in the mould Aberdeen have made for several seasons to strengthen and consolidate. Solid and proven SPFL player. Good age but not a kid. Very pleased with this!

On 13/03/2019 at 10:04, jbee647 said:

Sorry don’t rate him, I hope I’m wrong, I agree we need a long term replacement for Berra and/or Souttar, but don’t think this is the guy, had a half decent start to the season but that is all he is, half decent.

He reminds me of Darren McGregor at Hibs, very average limited stopper

Hope I’m wrong, just feel we need better, long term 

You're wrong.

heartsfc_fan
3 minutes ago, BRY said:

Am I the only person worried that this has been "announced" on April 1st ?? ?

:D Nah

Tbh, I think Hearts have been waiting for top 6 confirmation before announcing. We'll not play Livingston again now this season.

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A good sign we can attract players like this.

I'm a little surprised. But well done Hearts. 

Any CB at Halkett's level who doesn't take the chance to be managed by Craig Levein is a mug, I'd say. Pressley, Webster, Berra and Souttar all owe him a lot.

Welcome, Craig! When you get here.

Thought Police
5 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Any CB at Halkett's level who doesn't take the chance to be managed by Craig Levein is a mug, I'd say. Pressley, Webster, Berra and Souttar all owe him a lot.

Welcome, Craig! When you get here.

This, the pitch writes itself

Good news....really steady signing who will give Berra a new lease of life for a season or two.

Just a GK and LB to complete the defensive area of the squad.

Great signing another couple of pre contracts not far away from being completed either what a team we will have next season get the dross out the door aswell and we're sorted Gorgie Rules! 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Mr Elwood P

Back three?

Souttar   Berra    Halkett 

Better than backline in the league with the exception of Celtic.

Always good to get another Craig into the squad. Good Jambo name, that.

Wonder how long it'll be before we can field an entire team of Craigs? Managed by another, obviously...

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Great signing another couple of pre contracts not far away from being completed either what a team we will have next season get the dross out the door aswell and we're sorted Gorgie Rules! 

Not much dross left. Only Martin and Edwards seem to be contracted and surplus to requirements? 

People describing this as a solid, steady signing have obviously not watched much of him, as I think he is an outstanding signing. He is a fantastic defender who can get a good few goals as well, and has been a key part in Livingston(!) keeping 15 clean sheets. Surprised he has not gone to Old Firm or down south. 

34 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hud oan, he’ll be another Darren Barr, Ian Black, Dennis Wyness etc...

Better get that in there.

Hud oan yersel neebur,Blackie scored the only goal of the game for Tranent on Saturday,could dae a joab likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not much dross left. Only Martin and Edwards seem to be contracted and surplus to requirements? 

Would be looking to move on a few more there will be better incomings. 

The Internet
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wouldn't call them dross but I can see guys like hughes, maclean, bozanic, dikamona moving on. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wouldn't call them dross but I can see guys like hughes, maclean, bozanic, dikamona moving on. 

Aye we've signed Dikamona on a new contract to instantly release him! Hughes will retire. MacLean and Bozanic are good squad players, especially Bozanic.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

keep Bozanic and Clevid

1 hour ago, Fultons Right Leg said:

Hearts will sign Craig Halkett on a three-year deal in the summer after the defender today signed a pre contract.

The Livingston captain will make the move to Tynecastle in June once his contract at the West Lothian side expires.

Centre-half Craig has been a near ever present for Livi this season, making 36 appearances in all competitions and has scored five goals, including one against Hearts back in December.

At the other end he’s been part of an impressive defence that has kept 15 clean sheets this campaign.

The 23-year-old came through the youth system at Rangers and, after loan spells at Clyde and Berwick Rangers, joined Livingston in 2016.

He was part of the successful side that won back-to-back promotions, winning the League One title in 2016/17 before skippering Livi to play-off success last season, booking their spot in this year’s Ladbrokes Premiership in the process.

Capped at Scotland U19 level, Craig has made 144 appearances to date for Livingston, with 15 goals to his name.

Speaking to the Official Hearts website about the move, manager Craig Levein said: “I’m delighted that Craig has committed to signing for Hearts.

“He’s a talented player and, at 23-years-old, is at an age where he can continue to develop and progress.

“This club is the right place for him to do so and I look forward to welcoming him in the summer.”

That's more like it. A player who has been through the rigours of the  SPFL and knows what it's all about so need for bedding in other than getting to know his team-mates.

Have been impressed with him anytime I have seen him and he looks very comfortable on the ball so hopefully reduce the need for the Berra style lump up the park.

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would be looking to move on a few more there will be better incomings. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with some of the younger players such as Zanatta and if they have a future at the club.

Absolutely delighted by this 

Fact the manky mob from Leith were interested also makes it even sweeter 

Big Team 

Bazzas right boot
On 13/03/2019 at 10:04, jbee647 said:

Sorry don’t rate him, I hope I’m wrong, I agree we need a long term replacement for Berra and/or Souttar, but don’t think this is the guy, had a half decent start to the season but that is all he is, half decent.

He reminds me of Darren McGregor at Hibs, very average limited stopper

Hope I’m wrong, just feel we need better, long term 

What allot of shite. 

He's exactly the type of player we should be signing, one of the better players from the other sides. 

Hopefully we can do that more often. 

If we aren't signing these types, who should we be after? 

Darren Mcgregor is more than decent as well, although Halkett looks more of a footballer and chips in with goals so that comparison is also a bit daft. He's also younger abd not had his injury record. 

Now that's more like it, a signing that has proven himself in our league, ready to step right into the side, not a punt signing with recovery issues from a long term injury and taking god knows how long to get his confidence back, not an unknown quantity from some far off land who gets found out in our Scottish game, yes this looks a bit more promising, well done Mr Levein, now let's have a few more like that please.