Craig Halkett signs 3yr Pre-contract Deal

Romulus

43 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Plenty more fish. Make him an offer and tell him he's got 24 hrs to sign or we withdraw the offer.

Hardball.

I agree but 24 hours is maybe a bit short.  I think 7-10 days is not unreasonable.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Mikey1874

• Gibson_HMFC

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Fired a good ball cross the goal for the leveller. I think he enhances our team, not a bit part at all.

He'll be firing long passes a lot in Craig leveins back line next year if signs 

Few teams down England offering him crazy money but not a guaranteed starter, Aberdeen looking to get pitman and are keeping tabs on halkett also rangers always been interested that said he hasn't been offered to be backup here and that might sway it in our favour quietly confident. 

48 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

The ITKers have already this is a done deal? 

Yeah and the have disappeared from this thread quickly, why they come up with that done deal shite when it clearly wasn't is embarrassing. 

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Levein shouldn't be allowed to make any more signings anyway. 

He is the manager though and a better one than anybody on here would be

Gibson_HMFC
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He is the manager though and a better one than anybody on here would be

Nobody is saying that the next manager should be someone from kickback ffs. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

:lol: 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Nobody is yet

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Nobody is yet

Lol tbf someone probably has , did we not have on one of the FoH threads someone saying they should have an input on signings as its their money? 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Fired a good ball cross the goal for the leveller. I think he enhances our team, not a bit part at all.

I think you could quite easily put him in front of the defence and he would do a good job.

I hope we pull out all the stops for him, he is a very good player in our league with captaincy qualities

On 13/03/2019 at 13:22, jonnothejambo said:

That's the first name that came to mind with me. 

He is another good player.

I realise you’ve got a lot on your plate right now but, please would you clear your inbox?

Ta.

Gibson_HMFC
39 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lol tbf someone probably has , did we not have on one of the FoH threads someone saying they should have an input on signings as its their money? 

It would be a good experiment to see if someone from kickback could do a better job. 

Levein likes to experiment. 

It would be a good laugh, wouldn't it?

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Yeah and the have disappeared from this thread quickly, why they come up with that done deal shite when it clearly wasn't is embarrassing. 

To be fair, what are you basing your comments on? A throw away comment in a Rob Maclean article?

4 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

To be fair, what are you basing your comments on? A throw away comment in a Rob Maclean article?

The fact that a week or two ago there was a couple of clowns on here saying it was a done deal , it wasn't and still isn't . 

1 hour ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

I thought the vast majority on jkb thought they had what it takes to be manager. Certainly seem to give it lots of talk every week as though they could do the job. 

52 minutes ago, sadj said:

More than one. 

Gibson_HMFC
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I thought the vast majority on jkb thought they had what it takes to be manager. Certainly seem to give it lots of talk every week as though they could do the job. 

A lot of us see things that Levein doesn't. Doesn't mean that we could take on the job full time. This is a forum to discuss things. It's like you don't want anyone to criticise him. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

Just now, Gibson_HMFC said:

A lot of us see things that Levein doesn't. Doesn't mean we could take on the job full time. 

I suspect Levein sees a lot more than any of us on here see. 

Gibson_HMFC
Just now, soonbe110 said:

At the end of the day, We're the ones that see the same old pish on the field most weeks. That is what he's judged on. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

To be fair he always said he would leave it up to his agent to sort out the options and decide at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I agree but 24 hours is maybe a bit short.  I think 7-10 days is not unreasonable.

He cant have his cake and eat it. He either wants to play for us or he wants to use us to get a better deal for himself.

As I said, plenty more players out there.

Just now, Gibson_HMFC said:

At the end of the day, We're the ones that see the same old pish on the field most weeks. That is what he's judged on. 

Not so. We don’t judge him. We all have our opinions. The only ones that judges his performance are probably himself and his boss and possibly the rest of the Board. They have oversight of everything going on at the Club not just 90 minutes every weekend. An example: how many of saturdays squad were carrying knocks from Tuesday? How many of saturdays squad  just didn’t fancy playing on a soaking wet plastic pitch? I suspect both were major factors. Certainly both Soutar and Levein have questioned lack of focus, , winning second balls etc. 

Scotland play on Thursday and most of Eck’ s first choice players will be missing. Can his future be reasonably judged on his B teams performance 

Gibson_HMFC
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not so. We don’t judge him. We all have our opinions. The only ones that judges his performance are probably himself and his boss and possibly the rest of the Board. They have oversight of everything going on at the Club not just 90 minutes every weekend. An example: how many of saturdays squad were carrying knocks from Tuesday? How many of saturdays squad  just didn’t fancy playing on a soaking wet plastic pitch? I suspect both were major factors. Certainly both Soutar and Levein have questioned lack of focus, , winning second balls etc. 

Scotland play on Thursday and most of Eck’ s first choice players will be missing. Can his future be reasonably judged on his B teams performance 

Where's that  WTF are you on about GIF when you need it?

You'll have an excuse for everything. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He cant have his cake and eat it. He either wants to play for us or he wants to use us to get a better deal for himself.

As I said, plenty more players out there.

In his shoes, would you jump at the first offer or wait until summer to see what offers are on the table?  Common-sense says wait unless he is a diehard fan of the club that makes the first offer. I’d much rather he weighed everything up and chose us. However in all these potential transfers money talks and he possibly has the choice of being a regular starter at Hearts on £4K per week or centre-back no7 at Ibrox on £10k per week. Again, what would you do? 

2 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Where's that  WTF are you on about GIF when you need it?

You'll have an excuse for everything. 

I’d say the same for every manager. I just said it for Eck. . Fans have no idea what is going on behind the scenes re injury, fitness levels, illness, form in training etc, they just see 90 mins on a Saturday and jump to conclusions. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

In his shoes, would you jump at the first offer or wait until summer to see what offers are on the table?  Common-sense says wait unless he is a diehard fan of the club that makes the first offer. I’d much rather he weighed everything up and chose us. However in all these potential transfers money talks and he possibly has the choice of being a regular starter at Hearts on £4K per week or centre-back no7 at Ibrox on £10k per week. Again, what would you do? 

Spot on ? 

Gibson_HMFC
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d say the same for every manager. I just said it for Eck. . Fans have no idea what is going on behind the scenes re injury, fitness levels, illness, form in training etc, they just see 90 mins on a Saturday and jump to conclusions. 

What is going on behind the scenes is another problem. The amount of injuries we've had is ridiculous. We seem to rush players back as well. Look at Naismith, Berra and Haring. 

It's a shit fest. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

7 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

What is going on behind the scenes is another problem. The amount of injuries we've had is ridiculous. We seem to rush players back as well. Look at Naismith, Berra and Haring. 

It's a shit fest. 

How are we back to another thread being taken off topic and on to i hate Levein and ehhh look at the big picture? 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

How are we back to another thread being taken off topic and on to i hate Levein and ehhh look at the big picture? 

Sorry, lost track of what thread I was on. 

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He wont know for sure that any other offers will come. Sign a precontract that you are happy with and be done with it. I know thats not how it works, just hate the money grabbing aspect that agents bring to the game.

Gibson_HMFC
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Because you aint making the thread interesting enough. 

Finlay James
15 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

It's a shit fest. 

?

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sorry, lost track of what thread I was on. 

All the same aren’t they?

3 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Because you aint making the thread interesting enough. 

Not a lot to say about Halkett really is there. Unless you have an update on him rather than snarkey comments? 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

All the same aren’t they?

Not a lot to say about Halkett really is there. Unless you have an update on him rather than snarkey comments? 

Indeed. 

Gibson_HMFC
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Exactly. So just let the thread die? 

You're only commenting because of what some of us are saying off topic. 

You should be thanking us.

Feel free to put a fiver in my pal pal account. 

16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He wont know for sure that any other offers will come. Sign a precontract that you are happy with and be done with it. I know thats not how it works, just hate the money grabbing aspect that agents bring to the game.

Correct that’s not how it works so why get annoyed when someone doesn’t do it? We all hate the money grabbing aspect but whether it’s agents or recruitment consultants it happens in most industries. It’s life. 

1 minute ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Exactly. So just let the thread die? 

You're only commenting because of what some of us are saying off topic. 

You should be thanking us.

Feel free to put a fiver in my pal pal account. 

If it dies it dies. Until someone has an update on Halkett surely then it will rise again from the ashes like so many posters do after being banned only to drag everything off topic??

Thanking you for what exactly? 

Ill assume you don’t have an update on Halkett?

On the topic of Halkett though , I think he could sign for a bigger club easily what I’v seen of him he has the attributes to go far. Working under Levein along with Souttar and Berra would undoubtably improve him further. I fear it’ll come down to money though as his agent seems to be shopping him about and I reckon that will include down south. Depends on his character what he thinks is best for his career or if money talks.

portobellojambo1
36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

HMFC's wasn't the first offer, but it was the best. He will be an HMFC player come the start of next season.

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

HMFC's wasn't the first offer, but it was the best. He will be an HMFC player come the start of next season.

I hope so ??

18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If the media are to be believed he has a few offers already and is being watched by several clubs every week. His agent will know exactly what is going on. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Leveins spotted a good player here. And possibly attracted him.

Jose did plenty of that for Manchester United. He just couldn't manage them any longer. 

Life is rarely simple 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

If it dies it dies. Until someone has an update on Halkett surely then it will rise again from the ashes like so many posters do after being banned only to drag everything off topic??

On the topic of Halkett though , I think he could sign for a bigger club easily what I’v seen of him he has the attributes to go far. Working under Levein along with Souttar and Berra would undoubtably improve him further. I fear it’ll come down to money though as his agent seems to be shopping him about and I reckon that will include down south. Depends on his character what he thinks is best for his career or if money talks.

Do we know who his agent is? Is it Houldsworth? 

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Hope you are right Porty. 

Gibson_HMFC
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I've got bugger all information on Halkett and couldn't care less if he signed for us haha. 

I want a new management team in with new ideas and new player targets. 

Fozzyonthefence
53 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pity he doesn’t seem to have any ideas on how to fix them then, as he openly admits in his interviews.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do we know who his agent is? Is it Houldsworth? 

Lol if it is he’ll be driving him to Ibrox no doubt. Hello ill be you agent i don’t care about your career but ill get you lots of money at Rangers