lauriesrank

lauriesrank

So..... the wife has been having a sunday in front of the telly watching films, and I have now watched an hour of one of the worst ever since troll 2.

Well, half watched, it's a bruce willis film called reprisal, has anyone else had to suffer it???

Utter utter utter claptrap!!!  A guy just fired 27 shots out of his smith and wesson, which is impressive since I'm sure it only holds 15!!

Edited by lauriesrank

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• rudi must stay

• Marvin

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Auld Reekin'

I once watched "Amityville Horror 4", dubbed into Spanish, on a bus from Barcelona to Zaragoza.

It was really, REALLY, bad. (It did make me laugh though!)

rudi must stay

I have two that I've sat through both equally bad and appauling : the producers starring Matthew Broderick and The Guru starring Mike Myers

Honestly you've been warned

The White Cockade

Only films I have walked out of are Highlander 2 and Peggy Sue got Married

both utter guff

I got a dvd once starring Cynthia Rothrock which  lasted about 5 minutes tops

50 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I once watched "Amityville Horror 4", dubbed into Spanish, on a bus from Barcelona to Zaragoza.

I love films like those, so bad that they're funny, particularly if you're watching them with someone else.

Lost in Translation. I waited all film for something to happen. Nothing did. And folk I was watching it with actually raved about it afterwards. Awful.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Lost in Translation. I waited all film for something to happen. Nothing did. And folk I was watching it with actually raved about it afterwards. Awful.

I think everytime there is a guff film thread this one is mentioned and for me shouldn't be at all. But there you go to be fair I always watch it with a beer which improves a film immeasurable, even Sliding Doors is bareable with a few beers

Edited by rudi must stay

"Roma" got a lot of mention at this year's Academy Awards.  I tried to watch it twice and gave up both times.

I watched a thing on Amazon a few nights ago called We Still Kill The Old Way. London gangster type thing that was absolutely terrible in every way. 

Still watched the whole thing though for some reason. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

It's one I liked.

Requiem For A Dream was one I was disappointed with after all the acclaim. 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

That is a great film with a brilliant soundtrack.

People mistake films that are about character relationships rather than strict plots as directionless but that film has superb acting.  One of Bill Murray's career highlights.

2 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Withnail and I. Utterly awful and completely pointless.

This. My media studies teacher sat us down and told us we were about to watch an all time cult classic. I lost a lot of trust in the Scottish education system that day 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Sydney said:

Transformers films.  Utter utter rubbish.

Ye. The one on the moon was dreadful,

1 hour ago, Jeff said:
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

People mistake films that are about character relationships rather than strict plots as directionless but that film has superb acting.  One of Bill Murray's career highlights.

The character relationships have to work and as you say here they do due to the acting but also an excellent script and sharp cinematography ?

World War Z. 

Utter shite. Sat through it at the cinema and, not long after, someone gave me the DVD as a present. Gave it a second chance and, if anything, it was worse. 

Hardly used DVD free to a good home. Collect in person and I'll reimburse you for the petrol/bus fare. 

Judge Fudge

Death Wish 4 The Crackdown , Chuck Bronson with his Zimmer frame and rocket launcher is so bad it's borderline genius?

11 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Watch 'Amityville Haunting'. I double,double dare you.

Hilariously bad, with probably the most annoying cast of characters ever.

Kevin Costner’s 3 Days To Kill.

You think you’re onto a hidden gem as it starts off with a bang. 

Descends into almost a Father/Daughter relationship struggle plot while throwing in a bit action here and there. 

Film slowly disintegrates. Utter shite, sadly 

Hateful Eight

Chappie

Last Jedi

Hollywood is pretty much dead these days, nothing but re-makes, re-boots and cgi superhero rubbish with the odd tear-laden drama aimed purely at oscars.

Carl Fredrickson

Mamma Mia. Went to see this with the ex before we were married. It was her choice and I should have dumped her after having to suffer that pile of sh!te. 

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, frankblack said:

Opinions obviously differ but I thought it lacked as much in the way of character relationship or good acting as it did plot. A bunch of rich Americans making a whisky advert, a task they saw as beneath them, bored sitting around in a five star hotel in the centre of one of the most exciting cities in the world, Tokyo seen only through the high rise hotel windows. Bill Murray expressionless, Scarlet Johansen equally so doing her impression of a drugged Marilyn Monroe. The gags I remember would have been outdated in a TV sketch show of 50 or 60 years ago. Murray in a shower, too tall to fit under the shower head. Shot of Murray apparently alone in a lift, camera pulls back to reveal the lift is crowded with Japanese people. Japanese Director of the ad talks rapidly for a minute to the cast. Translator translates with one short sentence ("hold the glass closer" or some such). See, Japanese people are short and speak a funny language using twenty words when one will do. Yet the audience which has been brainwashed by the pre-publicity laughs uproariously.

Of more recent offerings, the thing about Queen Anne with Olivia Coleman. I have even suppressed the title from my memory, but can just recall the hyper-ventilating Coleman (matched by much of the cast)  and the  equally out of control plot and direction.

A Boy Named Crow

Vanilla Sky, unspeakably bad film! I wish my Spanish was good enough to give the original a go, it’s an interesting idea for a film, executed so very badly in the Tom Cruise version though. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Opinions obviously differ but I thought it lacked as much in the way of character relationship or good acting as it did plot. A bunch of rich Americans making a whisky advert, a task they saw as beneath them, bored sitting around in a five star hotel in the centre of one of the most exciting cities in the world, Tokyo seen only through the high rise hotel windows. Bill Murray expressionless, Scarlet Johansen equally so doing her impression of a drugged Marilyn Monroe. The gags I remember would have been outdated in a TV sketch show of 50 or 60 years ago. Murray in a shower, too tall to fit under the shower head. Shot of Murray apparently alone in a lift, camera pulls back to reveal the lift is crowded with Japanese people. Japanese Director of the ad talks rapidly for a minute to the cast. Translator translates with one short sentence ("hold the glass closer" or some such). See, Japanese people are short and speak a funny language using twenty words when one will do. Yet the audience which has been brainwashed by the pre-publicity laughs uproariously.

Of more recent offerings, the thing about Queen Anne with Olivia Coleman. I have even suppressed the title from my memory, but can just recall the hyper-ventilating Coleman (matched by much of the cast)  and the  equally out of control plot and direction.

Drugged Marilyn Monroe?I don't agree at all, she is good as is he. He was Oscar nominated. I think it's a dry film comedy wise there isn't actually that much in it, but the shot in the lift isn't a joke but a good shot visually and it is full of them. And them talking quicker isn't a joke but to show the differences in culture. See it's not a film making fun of Japan, if anything it shows they're more advanced than the US 

I watched 'Flight 7500' last night.  The only way I would even score it our of 10 (I'd be tempted to give it zero) is that there is a few hottties in it.

8 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Vanilla Sky, unspeakably bad film! I wish my Spanish was good enough to give the original a go, it’s an interesting idea for a film, executed so very badly in the Tom Cruise version though. 

I loved Vanilla Sky.  Saying that, I loved Legends of the Fall

Edited by i8hibsh

adambraejambo

Sticking to Tom Cruise theme.

Mission Impossible 2. 

I love this series of films but wow this one is just so so bad. 

Edited by adambraejambo
Spelling mistake

Ron Burgundy
18 hours ago, lauriesrank said:

So..... the wife has been having a sunday in front of the telly watching films, and I have now watched an hour of one of the worst ever since troll 2.

Well, half watched, it's a bruce willis film called reprisal, has anyone else had to suffer it???

Utter utter utter claptrap!!!  A guy just fired 27 shots out of his smith and wesson, which is impressive since I'm sure it only holds 15!!

Watched yesterday.

100% in agreement with your summary.

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Watch 'Amityville Haunting'. I double,double dare you.

Hilariously bad, with probably the most annoying cast of characters ever.

I enjoyed the remake of the original Amityville Horror. But all other incarnations as you say are just pish.

ArcticJambo
15 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

"Roma" got a lot of mention at this year's Academy Awards.  I tried to watch it twice and gave up both times.

It at least looked good but yes, didn't have much to offer; bit like opening the square window on Playschool and peering into a family's life in 70s Mexico.  Didn't see the fuss about it either.

Edited by ArcticJambo

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Off the top of my head: War of the Worlds. It was that bad I fell asleep.

Good call. Not one likeable or empathetic character. I was willing the invaders to get Tom Cruise and his horrible kids. 

The script must have made for good reading:

"RACHEL".  

Rachel screams. 

"RACHEL". 

Rachel screams. 

"RACHEL"...

2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Abre los ochos. Much better film.

The good thing is that they have now invented these things called "subtitles" so you can indeed give the original a go. ;)

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Drugged Marilyn Monroe?I don't agree at all, she is good as is he. He was Oscar nominated. I think it's a dry film comedy wise there isn't actually that much in it, but the shot in the lift isn't a joke but a good shot visually and it is full of them. And them talking quicker isn't a joke but to show the differences in culture. See it's not a film making fun of Japan, if anything it shows they're more advanced than the US 

:) Lost in Translation is for me the equivalent of the Emperor's New Clothes. Folk who see it look for meaning that isn't there because the film essentially has no meaning.

Yes, talking faster and being shorter in height are definitely signs of greater advancement. :Aye:

rudi must stay
53 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:) Lost in Translation is for me the equivalent of the Emperor's New Clothes. Folk who see it look for meaning that isn't there because the film essentially has no meaning.

Yes, talking faster and being shorter in height are definitely signs of greater advancement. :Aye:

No but advances in culture and technology are

Which is what I meant. 

Anyway that's enough defended it for me, I didn't make it :lol:

Just now, rudi must stay said:

No but advances in culture and technology are

Which is what I meant. 

Anyway that's enough defended it for me, I didn't make it :lol:

:D I just cant help myself attacking it. Just trying to get payback for having to sit through it (I watched it with others).

17 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Don't mess with the zohan. 

I'd extend that to all Sandler films. Utter drivel