Garuccio out for 10 months

Famous 1874

Famous 1874

This injury seems more of a freak injury but no doubt the medical and coaching staff are doing things wrong. Berra rushed back from injury and limps around the pitch, Naisy rushed back and the same injury occurs, Haring looks like he has been rushed back too. Michael Smith playing basically every minute of every game before getting injured, really should have been rested against Auchinlek. We’ve had too many long term injuries for this to just be bad luck. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Voiceofreasonfortheseason

• Pasquale for King

• Austin MacGlee

• Rudolf

Absolute Scenes
58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I have almost nothing positive to say about this one time football club under Ann Budge.  Breaks my heart.

Congrats

You've won the crown as the most negative, depressing, boring, post/opinion/view-regurgitating poster on here

Takes some doing on here

P.S. screw your heart

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

This injury seems more of a freak injury but no doubt the medical and coaching staff are doing things wrong. Berra rushed back from injury and limps around the pitch, Naisy rushed back and the same injury occurs, Haring looks like he has been rushed back too. Michael Smith playing basically every minute of every game before getting injured, really should have been rested against Auchinlek. We’ve had too many long term injuries for this to just be bad luck. 

Amazing you know more than our sports scientists who monitor the players fitness using the state of the art equipment and facilities at our training centre.

You should apply for a job there, tell them to get rid of all that pesky expensive equipment and rely on your amazing powers that work despite only seeing the players fleetingly.

Imagine how good you would be if you were employed full time and could monitor the players daily:laugh:

Famous 1874
5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Amazing you know more than our sports scientists who monitor the players fitness using the state of the art equipment and facilities at our training centre.

You should apply for a job there, tell them to get rid of all that pesky expensive equipment and rely on your amazing powers that work despite only seeing the players fleetingly.

Imagine how good you would be if you were employed full time and could monitor the players daily:laugh:

Doesn’t take a sports scientist degree to simply realise that we are blatently doing something wrong. 

Has Berra been rushed back? Yes

Was Naismith rushed back? Yes 

Should Michael Smith have been rested in the cup game after playing basically every minute of every game? Yes

Does it look like Haring has been rushed back? Yes 

Dreadful reply when the facts are simply there

Edited by Famous 1874

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

My view is....

...yer in the wrong end of town ma lad

The number 1 bus goes to Leith

Afraid not, seems its anyone that has an opinion against anything other than the status quo on here is a Hibs fan at times. Read over my posts, if I am Hibs fan I must spend all my spare time watching Hearts. Its fine I have also been told I am into a flat earth today.Happy to discuss my views with anyone but decent views need to come back the other way as "He is a Hibs fan" is poor.

Edited by Voiceofreasonfortheseason

16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Doesn’t take a sports scientist degree to simply realise that we are blatently doing something wrong. 

Should Michael Smith have been rested in the cup game after playing basically every minute of every game? Yes

Dreadful reply when the facts are simply ther

They're not facts though, just your opinion.

Players coming back from long-term injury rarely perform at the same level as they were previously right away.

Michael Smith has played nowhere near every minute of every game but you actually believe that if he'd been rested against Auchinleck, he wouldn't have been injured against Celtic?

How long would you have given Naismith, Berra and Haring before 'rushing then back?'

What about Uche and Souttar? They rushed back too but just got lucky?

Edited by Rudolf

15 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Dreadful reply when the facts are simply there

Why in your opinion have we just "rushed" those players back and not, Uche, Djoum, Souttar, Brandon, Godhino, etc? 

Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Afraid not, seems its anyone that has an opinion against anything other than the status quo on here is a Hibs fan at times. Read over my posts, if I am Hibs fan I must spend all my spare time watching Hearts. Its fine I have also been told I am into a flat earth today.Happy to discuss my views with anyone but decent views need to come back the other way as "He is a Hibs fan" is poor.

that's what a Hibs fan would say....

:clyay:

anyway only kidding ma man, injuries are a joke, we should line them up and let the firing squad deal with them. Pansies

It would be a huge risk putting Hickey in for the coming games. Maybe the lad could handle the pressure but is he ready? We've very little margin for defensive errors in view of our inability to create and take chances. 

Not sure what other left back options we have. Burns is painfully slow albeit a real battler. Baur played there without much success; definitely more of a centre back. Possibly Andy Irving as another left sided player with a very decent left peg. No idea about his defensive qualities though. 

Mulraney is too lightweight for me.

I suppose we'll just have to move a right back over...unless Aidy White can step in and get up to match fitness asap. Sounds unlikely. 

All in all yet another kick in the bawbag!

How come years ago we always seemed to nearly have the same 11 week in week out?

In the 80's i can hardly remember anyone actually being injured and you could almost name the starting eleven every week, the game was much more brutal then, playing in mud, jumping slide tackles, heavier balls, and tough leather boots, so what is it?

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Mmm, it is when Mitchell has gone and Smith is injured. 

We have little cover in this position now, or the right side either. 

I'm not saying it's not another dull one just not on a par with the Berra, Naismith, Uche, Souttar in that he's not a regular starter. I like him and think e're better with him.

Captain America
19 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Sickener for the lad.

Here's a genuine question, who was the last left back we had who spent an entire season injury free?

Looking at London Hearts, here are the stats on which LB  has made the most appearances. ( Rossi included as although signed as CB, he played LB alot)

17/18 – Grzelak 13 games

16/17 – Rossi 20 games

15/16 – Rossi 29 games

14/15 – Eckersley 24 games

13/14 – McHattie 36 games

Not since relegation has a LB played over 30 games. 

Grainger played 27 games in cup winning season. 

Wallace played 32 games in 2009/2010 and 34 games in season before. 

Edited by Captain America

the jambo poet
7 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I don't want to argue or come across that I am, you can either see where I am coming from of you don't, there are plenty of Hearts fans that share my concerns.  Shame for Ben and I wish him well.

Who would say Hearts fans when talking about our team's fans on our team's forum? 

It reeks....

grumpy rebus

Some injuries are bad luck, but the number of soft tissue injuries would suggest that there is something not quite right in our strength and conditioning training. I wouldn’t pretend to know what it is, but we do seem to have had a lot of “non-contact” injuries. 

I could be wrong and we’ve just been extremely unlucky, it happens sometimes, but I’d hope that our sports science analysts have taken a look at the injuries and their causes to see if there is an identifiable pattern. 

Edited by grumpy rebus

1 hour ago, dsk1210 said:

How come years ago we always seemed to nearly have the same 11 week in week out?

In the 80's i can hardly remember anyone actually being injured and you could almost name the starting eleven every week, the game was much more brutal then, playing in mud, jumping slide tackles, heavier balls, and tough leather boots, so what is it?

Players are more highly tuned and their bodies are closer to their limits now than they used to be.

High performance and longevity rarely go side by side.

Take racing car engines as an example.

9 hours ago, Flaps_98 said:

More about match fitness isn't it. Fit to be signed is very different to being fit to play.

A medical also looks at underlying issues not necessarily current fitness

4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Congrats

You've won the crown as the most negative, depressing, boring, post/opinion/view-regurgitating poster on here

Takes some doing on here

P.S. screw your heart

????

21 minutes ago, southcap said:

Players are more highly tuned and their bodies are closer to their limits now than they used to be.

Superb point , when your physically at your peak you pick up far more little niggles. Unfortunately our little niggles are turning out to be long term

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, grumpy rebus said:

Some injuries are bad luck, but the number of soft tissue injuries would suggest that there is something not quite right in our strength and conditioning training. I wouldn’t pretend to know what it is, but we do seem to have had a lot of “non-contact” injuries. 

I could be wrong and we’ve just been extremely unlucky, it happens sometimes, but I’d hope that our sports science analysts have taken a look at the injuries and their causes to see if there is an identifiable pattern. 

I was reading up on this and soft tissue injuries are the most likely ones to get apparently. Injuries are on the increase every season.We do have slightly higher than average injuries since we came out of Admin for some reason. At this point last season I was hopeful that if there was a particular problem that it would be indentified and eradicated. We were told that the players lack of fitness was the problem, the trips to Gullane sorted that allegedly. Can it possibly just be bad luck, probably ?.

https://www.ft.com/content/f88e3526-606b-11e6-ae3f-77baadeb1c93

BFB991F1-EB65-4C65-91A1-68A12CD2014D.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

The Future's Maroon
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have almost nothing positive to say about this one time football club under Ann Budge.  Breaks my heart.

Jesus wept ?

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Ffs we have been so unlucky this season. I've never seen anything like it!

We had 42 out of the 43 players used last season missing from injury at some point during the season.

We do seem to have had an extraordinary amount of serious injuries this year  is it all down to bad luck ? Probably not . 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

The thought of Mulraney at left back gives me the fear but we can hardly prepare for long term injuries to both left-backs in a single season. We're not Man City.

Personally i would rather we played Burns - at least it's a natural position for him.

Smith/Gryzelak/Smith-Brown/Mitchell/Godhino/Brandon/Baur/Hughes all played LB last season and missed games due to injury.

Garuccio/Smith/Brandon/Mulraney/Mitchell this season so far. 

Unfortunately predicting this is most definitely something they should be able to do. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Smith/Gryzelak/Smith-Brown/Mitchell/Godhino/Brandon/Baur/Hughes all played LB last season and missed games due to injury.

Garuccio/Smith/Brandon/Mulraney/Mitchell this season so far. 

Unfortunately predicting this is most definitely something they should be able to do. 

Well true, but we can’t employ 3 decent left backs just in case. It’s not financially feasible for us. 

Incidentally the list of left backs we have used over the last few years is unbelievable. And to think it used to be a position we filled with real quality over the years. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Almost all of the injuries happened in games though so how can that be the club's fault?

If a player is played when he’s not fit and breaks down that could be seen as being the clubs fault. Uche  trained and played a game with the  injury he sustained against Motherwell, CL apologised to him for that.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well true, but we can’t employ 3 decent left backs just in case. It’s not financially feasible for us. 

Incidentally the list of left backs we have used over the last few years is unbelievable. And to think it used to be a position we filled with real quality over the years. 

Of course but we have guys that can play when we need them to not if. It’s scary, and we might yet see Burns/Hickey/White play there before the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If a player is played when he’s not fit and breaks down that could be seen as being the clubs fault. Uche  trained and played a game with the  injury he sustained against Motherwell, CL apologised to him for that.

Uche’s Injury was pretty rare I read and difficult to detect. He didn’t get the injury in training though so moot point.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Ive seen him play 8-10 times, it's slightly early for him at 1st team level but the same could be said for Gary Naismith all those years ago and look how that turned out.  Players either sink or swim and I think he's going to be far better than any of our other left backs in the long run.

I was told they were looking to give him some games before the end of the season, the coaches seem to believe he’s as good as anyone  in front of him. No easy games to ease him in to, if he does play the guy in front will need to give him cover.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Uche’s Injury was pretty rare I read and difficult to detect. He didn’t get the injury in training though so moot point.

No I was just indicating that mistakes, even well meant ones, can and have been made. We had all this chat last season too unfortunately.

Austin MacGlee
42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We had 42 out of the 43 players used last season missing from injury at some point during the season.

Almost forgot about the injury nightmare last season. Think this season feels worse because of the start we made. We were on fire and it fizzled out because of the lengthy injuries to our best players. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Almost forgot about the injury nightmare last season. Think this season feels worse because of the start we made. We were on fire and it fizzled out because of the lengthy injuries to our best players. 

I think the injuries are more long term than last season and to more important players. It’s just the sense of de-javu that’s depressing me to be honest. Garuccio must be gutted as he had a good chance to get a run in the team. 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I dont know about other teams mate, I can only look at our own and this season has been mental.  As per my previous few posts I have tried to outline the reasons I have my suspicions that there is something behind all these injuries.  

Definitely, hibee or not ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

What's Oshi up to these days?

Ironically just signed for a team, hasn’t kicked a ball for over two years. What kind of a club would sign a LB that has a good pedigree that hasn’t played for two and a half years eh pffft ??!?!

10 hours ago, WageThief said:

I still think we could do something.  We should train Uche not to close down goalkeepers., train Naismith not to tell Uche to close down goalkeepers, train Berra to not land awkwardly as he desperately tries to close down shots.  Levein is supposed to have been a great defender, yet he can't even find a way to stop tissue popping through Haring's groin.  Lazy.

This post ended me ???

gorgiestars
11 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ikpeazu - during a game

Berra - during a game

Souttar - during a game

Naismith x 2 - during a game

Smith - during a game

Mitchell - recurrance of an old injury

Haring - hernia

Dunne - injured in training

Garuccio - injured in training

Yeah...it's the training regime :lol:

This!...we will have some team in 2019/2020...?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

So what is the evidence of the causal relationship between our training techniques and players getting a variety of injuries?

what does casual relationship mean in this context?

is it along the lines of that the training regime is not likely to have a significant influence on subsequent performance or outcome

is studying for exams similar in that the quantity and quality of studying won't particularly influence who passes?

genuinely not how I thought it worked

JamboGraham
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

our training is sub standard.

9 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Which similar resourced club do you consider to be 'of standard' and what are the main differences that you have identified in the training between them and us?

So nothing then? Figured as much...

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

So nothing then? Figured as much...

10 hours is a bit hasty to be shutting that down? full analysis could be in its way

hibs? they train in a cow barn so assuming there's will be considerably worse? I think they signed ambrose on emergency loan maybe so that suggests they've had loads of injuries too maybe?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, southcap said:

true - that's where the fitness tram earn their corn by getting the balance right as longevity can't just be sacrificed

a racing car engine which only lasted a lap would be deemed inappropriate for F1 no matter how powerful it was im assuming?

21 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

He twisted it in the turf, pretty self explanatory. how has that got anything to do with the training regime??

Maybe something they do which isn’t necessary causes the injuries ? 

tokyowalnut
15 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

The number of training ground injuries is low. Can't stop routines that involve turning quickly, it's a pretty important part of the game! 

gorgie rd eh11
17 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Yeah they should just move in straight lines, no twisting or turning.

Austin MacGlee
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the injuries are more long term than last season and to more important players. It’s just the sense of de-javu that’s depressing me to be honest. Garuccio must be gutted as he had a good chance to get a run in the team. 

Defo mate, it's getting us all down. I don't know what the answer is but I hope the experts at the club do so that we can kick on next season and not have a repeat.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Who plays on the right for the sheep these days?  Is that wee Clyde swimming junkie -  Gary Mackay-Steven fit?

Edited by Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Who plays on the right for the sheep these days?  Is that wee Clyde swimming junkie -  Gary Mackay-Steven fit?

If he has any sense he will play McGinn, but he might be on the left where he ripped Godhino to pieces last time.