Garuccio out for 10 months

Famous 1874

Hopefully this will spur us on to look for left backs in the transfer window if we weren't already 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Voiceofreasonfortheseason

• Pasquale for King

• Austin MacGlee

• Rudolf

1 hour ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I am not sure what age you are mate but when I first got into football "burn out" was not even known about, it's now widely acknowledged that younger players need gradually brought in and well protected.  I saw the complete opposite of that last season with young Harry.

playing at hearts level is a cause for burn out in 16 year olds, playing at hearts level for real Madrid reserves isn't burn out ?

by that reasoning nobody should be allowed to play for the top teams 1st teams because of the pressure.

2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

I'm blaming the negativity on JKB for this one.

Here here. Need to get ourselves sorted out?

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Hopefully this will spur us on to look for left backs in the transfer window if we weren't already 

We’ve already signed Aidy White. Presuming he will be competing with Garrucio and Hickey for 2019/20 season. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve already signed Aidy White. Presuming he will be competing with Garrucio and Hickey for 2019/20 season. 

I know but I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on him being our regular left back for half a season, I only say that because of how long he's been out of action, just don't want to get into a situation where our only option is Hickey for a long period of time just because I don't want to see the lad get hounded

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ikpeazu - during a game

Berra - during a game

Souttar - during a game

Naismith x 2 - during a game

Smith - during a game

Mitchell - recurrance of an old injury

Haring - hernia

Dunne - injured in training

Garuccio - injured in training

Yeah...it's the training regime :lol:

Beat me to it. Re Garrucio it’s a shame but not sure CL is his biggest fan TBH. Not like losing Naismith or Uche

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hickey any good? 

Surely a better option playing an actual Left back, at Left back. 

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I know but I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on him being our regular left back for half a season, I only say that because of how long he's been out of action, just don't want to get into a situation where our only option is Hickey for a long period of time just because I don't want to see the lad get hounded

I’d be surprised if we added another left back with White, Hickey, Garrucio and Burns. Halkett could maybe provide cover as well? 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
19 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

playing at hearts level is a cause for burn out in 16 year olds, playing at hearts level for real Madrid reserves isn't burn out ?

by that reasoning nobody should be allowed to play for the top teams 1st teams because of the pressure.

I am trying to move on from this as my point relates to more than Harry.  Harry was played last season as a 16 year old whilst injured,  Harry was also put continually in the firing line to the point the Brown's and McGinn's of the world seen him as a target.  My point is it was bad management, he should have been drip fed into things.  I said it at the time and nothing that has happened since has made me change that view.  I am sorry folk don't like it but I dont really care tbh.  This season I have seen further examples that make me question Levein in regards to injuries.  I think anyone that can't see it is a bit daft.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ikpeazu - during a game

Berra - during a game

Souttar - during a game

Smith - during a game

Haring - hernia

You just don't get it do you.  It is the build up to these incidents that will be a huge factor.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

You just don't get it do you.  It is the build up to these incidents that will be a huge factor.

Correct, this is what I am getting at mate but its hard on here.  Get accused of believing in the flat earth etc.

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

That's what you are being told, you have to look at the big picture and the out of date ideas of our management and coaches.  Cochrane last season, Naismith, Berra and Morrison this season.  Am I the only one that has real concerns over the way we treat players when they are injured or on the way back from injury.  I have real and genuine concerns, folk need to look at the cold hard facts before saying "another poster blaming the training".  Wake up guys

sniff sniff...

all smells a bit green here...

Austin MacGlee

I have been wondering for ages why we've been persisting with Berra when he's clearly not right. Why continue to play him when he's being ripped apart for pace every game. Is he not 100% fit and we're playing him regardless or is he just done?

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

sniff sniff...

all smells a bit green here...

Really?  Explain your views please?

Just now, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Correct, this is what I am getting at mate but its hard on here.  Get accused of believing in the flat earth etc.

The game is just where it comes to head.  Our medical staff are so grossly incompetent it is criminal.  We play players when they are not ready, we mis-diagnose and  our training is sub standard.

Everything is bad luck to most on here.  We lose to a bunch of diddies and it was the ref, we lose an entire team in a season to long term injury and it is 'an unfortunate incident'.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The game is just where it comes to head.  Our medical staff are so grossly incompetent it is criminal.  We play players when they are not ready, we mis-diagnose and  our training is sub standard.

Everything is bad luck to most on here.  We lose to a bunch of diddies and it was the ref, we lose an entire team in a season to long term injury and it is 'an unfortunate incident'.

So what is the evidence of the causal relationship between our training techniques and players getting a variety of injuries?

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Take it you’ve got literally nothing else going on in your life so just post the same repetitive nonsense on here everyday? You’ve posted that same post almost verbatim after every single injury this season. Tedious as .... Also, as pointed out previously, it is potentially defamatory to accuse the medical staff of incompetence. Even if they were guilty of medical negligence it would be a civil action rather than a criminal offence. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Take it you’ve got literally nothing else going on in your life so just post the same repetitive nonsense on here everyday? You’ve posted that same post almost verbatim after every single injury this season. Tedious as .... Also, as pointed out previously, it is potentially defamatory to accuse the medical staff of incompetence. Even if they were guilty of medical negligence it would be a civil action rather than a criminal offence. 

I think the medical staff are not fit for purpose.

davemclaren
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Says the man who abhors trial by internet. ?

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Beat me to it. Re Garrucio it’s a shame but not sure CL is his biggest fan TBH. Not like losing Naismith or Uche

Mmm, it is when Mitchell has gone and Smith is injured. 

We have little cover in this position now, or the right side either. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think the medical staff are fit for purpose. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I think the medical staff are fit for purpose. 

How dare you disagree with our window cleaning numbskull:laugh:

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You had better get lawyer-ed up for the incoming lawsuit i8 :lol:

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ben Garrucio twisted his knee in training and you think that is the fault of the medical staff? Why repeat the same post after every injury. To know the medical staff are not fit for purpose you presumably have a medical background?

JamboGraham
26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

our training is sub standard.

Which similar resourced club do you consider to be 'of standard' and what are the main differences that you have identified in the training between them and us?

I don't want to argue or come across that I am, you can either see where I am coming from of you don't, there are plenty of Hearts fans that share my concerns.  Shame for Ben and I wish him well.

There may well be plenty of Hearts fans who share your concerns but there have been plenty of Hearts fans (on this thread) who have explained that almost 100% of our injuries have nothing to do with the training methods or the surface they are carried out on.

allystrachan

Anyone denying that training & strength isn’t related to injuries & injury prevention doesn’t know what they are talking about. Its a fact & the information is out there.

Thats not to say it’s the coaches fault or the medical staffs fault. No one wants our players injured but it seems we have such a high amount of injuries that not enough is being done about it.

6 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Anyone denying that training & strength isn’t related to injuries & injury prevention doesn’t know what they are talking about. Its a fact & the information is out there.

Thats not to say it’s the coaches fault or the medical staffs fault. No one wants our players injured but it seems we have such a high amount of injuries that not enough is being done about it.

Nonsense, it might be related to some types of injuries but you can't make a sweeping statement like that.

Finlay James
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That sounds good. How many times have you watched him? 

Ive seen him play 8-10 times, it's slightly early for him at 1st team level but the same could be said for Gary Naismith all those years ago and look how that turned out.  Players either sink or swim and I think he's going to be far better than any of our other left backs in the long run.

Finlay James
3 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I am not sure what age you are mate but when I first got into football "burn out" was not even known about, it's now widely acknowledged that younger players need gradually brought in and well protected.  I saw the complete opposite of that last season with young Harry.

So you're saying that Craig Levein has handled Cochrane well this season?

He was played last season out of necessity.  This season, is more in line with the way Levein wanted to develop him and introduce him to 1st team football.  The boy has talent but his body is not yet ready for the rigors of the SPL as he is still developing physically and emotionally.  He will come good, no doubt about that.

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ikpeazu - during a game

Berra - during a game

Souttar - during a game

Smith - during a game

Haring - hernia

Where they got injured is not relevant.  

Edited by McCrae

Finlay James
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

And yet we still are not allowed to question our 'bad luck'.

I think if you didn't ordinarily post such negative shite you may be afforded the opportunity to debate without being shot down.  You take every opportunity to be negative so hold no credibility.

2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I think if you didn't ordinarily post such negative shite you may be afforded the opportunity to debate without being shot down.  You take every opportunity to be negative so hold no credibility.

I have almost nothing positive to say about this one time football club under Ann Budge.  Breaks my heart.

11 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

So you're saying that Craig Levein has handled Cochrane well this season?

He was played last season out of necessity.  This season, is more in line with the way Levein wanted to develop him and introduce him to 1st team football.  The boy has talent but his body is not yet ready for the rigors of the SPL as he is still developing physically and emotionally.  He will come good, no doubt about that.

No I am saying that the problems were last season and as a result things have been a lot worse for him this season.I dont think any Hearts fan would say they have seen Harry to any real extent this season.I agree he has it all in front of him.Looking forward to him getting back involved.

Finlay James
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I have almost nothing positive to say about this one time football club under Ann Budge.  Breaks my heart.

go support another club then because our club has changed and won't be returning to the days of Romanov, Robinson etc.

Austin MacGlee
2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

go support another club then because our club has changed and won't be returning to the days of Romanov, Robinson etc.

Thank God for that!

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Pity you don't feel the same about Kickback then you could P*** and do us all a favour.

gorgie rd eh11
4 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Well I am pointing the finger at the training regime, has to be something far wrong.  FFS

No there doesn't.

4 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Jeezo, I fear for us if this is what we have coming in to LB next.

Have you seen a lot of Burns?

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why?

Unless it’s a freak accident on the pitch an injury a player picks up during a game could easily be due to a problem with how they train. 

They could be over training and not giving themselves enough time to recover. 

11 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

No there doesn't.

Have you seen a lot of Burns?

Not really but he is clearly not a first team player yet, add to this the crucial games we have coming up and that's where I am at.Smith at LB might work though.

22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Sorry to hear about your broken heart but, historically, who would you say has been a better owner of Hearts than Ann Budge?

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

Wtf does he have the players doing in training? 

Wiping their balls?

allystrachan
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Nonsense, it might be related to some types of injuries but you can't make a sweeping statement like that.

I’m not the one making the sweeping statement it’s the spots scientist throughout the world who have stated that.

It is a fact. Whether or not that’s the reason we have so many injuries is a different argument.

Absolute Scenes

Really?  Explain your views please?

My view is....

...yer in the wrong end of town ma lad

The number 1 bus goes to Leith