Garuccio out for 10 months

Famous 1874

Finlay James

Gutted for Garruccio but nothing more than bad luck". Folk looking to point fingers and find fault can jog on.  

Aaron Hickey looks ready to step up, I'd prefer him, a natural left back as opposed to someone else shoehorned in.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Voiceofreasonfortheseason

• Pasquale for King

• Austin MacGlee

• Rudolf

2 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

For all the good if the hybrid pitches and AstroTurf we use at training. Hasn't half crippled us this and last season ? futuristic though ?

We use grass pitches for training as well as astro or the hybrid at Tynecastle. 

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ikpeazu - during a game

Berra - during a game

Souttar - during a game

Naismith x 2 - during a game

Smith - during a game

Mitchell - recurrance of an old injury

Haring - hernia

Dunne - injured in training

Garuccio - injured in training

Yeah...it's the training regime :lol:

Was just about to post similar, some zoomers on here:laugh:

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

He twisted it in the turf, pretty self explanatory. how has that got anything to do with the training regime??

Exactly, only running straight on grass allowed during traing. ?

Nookie Bear

The thought of Mulraney at left back gives me the fear but we can hardly prepare for long term injuries to both left-backs in a single season. We're not Man City.

Personally i would rather we played Burns - at least it's a natural position for him.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
29 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

He twisted it in the turf, pretty self explanatory. how has that got anything to do with the training regime??

That's what you are being told, you have to look at the big picture and the out of date ideas of our management and coaches.  Cochrane last season, Naismith, Berra and Morrison this season.  Am I the only one that has real concerns over the way we treat players when they are injured or on the way back from injury.  I have real and genuine concerns, folk need to look at the cold hard facts before saying "another poster blaming the training".  Wake up guys

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

That's what you are being told, you have to look at the big picture and the out of date ideas of our management and coaches.  Cochrane last season, Naismith, Berra and Morrison this season.  Am I the only one that has real concerns over the way we treat players when they are injured or on the way back from injury.  I have real and genuine concerns, folk need to look at the cold hard facts before saying "another poster blaming the training".  Wake up guys

Flat Earth society type post. ?

2 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

What are the "out of date ideas"? 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Flat Earth society type post. ?

I think that's harsh, I said to many of the guys around me last season that the way Levein was treating Cochrane was nothing short of a disgrace.  I think this season has proved I was right.  I then read in the EEN that Levein is giving interviews saying it's ok for Morrison to be playing with flapping cartilage.  I cant believe I am the only one that has concerns.  

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

What are the "out of date ideas"? 

Running a 16 year old into the ground for a start mate

1874Gorgie1874

That’s now 13 lengthy injuries since the start of last season.

brandon

godinho

djoum

naismith x2

uche

souttar

haring

dunne

smith

mitchell x2

garuccio

2 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Running a 16 year old into the ground for a start mate

When was that 'in date' ?

Just now, SUTOL said:

When was that 'in date' ?

I am not sure what age you are mate but when I first got into football "burn out" was not even known about, it's now widely acknowledged that younger players need gradually brought in and well protected.  I saw the complete opposite of that last season with young Harry.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I think that's harsh, I said to many of the guys around me last season that the way Levein was treating Cochrane was nothing short of a disgrace.  I think this season has proved I was right.  I then read in the EEN that Levein is giving interviews saying it's ok for Morrison to be playing with flapping cartilage.  I cant believe I am the only one that has concerns.  

You’re not the only one that has concerns it seems but how many training injuries have we actually had and how does that compare with other teams?

Just now, davemclaren said:

You’re not the only one that has concerns it seems but how many training injuries have we actually had and how does that compare with other teams?

I dont know about other teams mate, I can only look at our own and this season has been mental.  As per my previous few posts I have tried to outline the reasons I have my suspicions that there is something behind all these injuries.  

9 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I am not sure what age you are mate but when I first got into football "burn out" was not even known about, it's now widely acknowledged that younger players need gradually brought in and well protected.  I saw the complete opposite of that last season with young Harry.

Las season Harry took part in 25 first team matches, out of a possible 45. 

He played on average less than an hour in each match. 

Levein said at the time it wasn't ideal, but it doesn't exactly sound like burn-out based on the facts. 

To an extent it's probably one of the reasons he's seen less first team action this season. i.e. managing/reducing the potential of burn-out. 

Which players has Levein (and the coaches) burnt-out in the past? 

7 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I dont know about other teams mate, I can only look at our own and this season has been mental.  As per my previous few posts I have tried to outline the reasons I have my suspicions that there is something behind all these injuries.  

Almost all of the injuries happened in games though so how can that be the club's fault?

23 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

You might want to have a think about changing your username mate. Maybe to something a bit more realistic.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

You might want to have a think about changing your username mate. Maybe to something a bit more realistic.

I don't want to argue or come across that I am, you can either see where I am coming from of you don't, there are plenty of Hearts fans that share my concerns.  Shame for Ben and I wish him well.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I read something that 2 or 3 clubs with new  hybrid pitches recently are suffering unbelievable levels of injuries.

Interesting, is there a link?

12 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Las season Harry took part in 25 first team matches, out of a possible 45. 

He played on average less than an hour in each match. 

Levein said at the time it wasn't ideal, but it doesn't exactly sound like burn-out based on the facts. 

To an extent it's probably one of the reasons he's seen less first team action this season. i.e. managing/reducing the potential of burn-out. 

Which players has Levein (and the coaches) burnt-out in the past? 

Sadly I saw a desperation in the way we played Harry last season when at times he was not fit, I think like you say Levein felt he had to.  It just didn't sit right with me, all that pressure on the mind and body of someone so young.  

Bazzas right boot

Need to change the training, the new agility sessions aren't working. 

15248503345_32e41e98c7_m.jpg

Nookie Bear
50 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I agree the management ideas are out of date but i'm not sure it has any relation to the injuries we seem to be getting.

The Cochrane situation is cinfusing but i think it's nothing more complicated than Harry not being in Levein's plans right now.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Surely the current training routine needs looked at? Struggling to believe how unlucky we’ve been this year with injuries. 

I agree.  We can’t keep blaming it on bad luck. 

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Wtf does he have the players doing in training? We must have more training ground injuries than any other club in the UK.

Wait a minute, many on here say Levein is never at training, now a a player gets injured at training and it’s ‘wtf does he have them doing at training’ damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t it seems. 

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Gutted for Garruccio but nothing more than bad luck". Folk looking to point fingers and find fault can jog on.  

Aaron Hickey looks ready to step up, I'd prefer him, a natural left back as opposed to someone else shoehorned in.

That sounds good. How many times have you watched him? 

1 hour ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Not enough time to post the number of cornettes this post merits. 

:cornette:

36 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I read something that 2 or 3 clubs with new  hybrid pitches recently are suffering unbelievable levels of injuries.

Not our problem. Only Berra from our injury list happened at Tynie. Naismith -Dens grass, Soutar Scotland grass, Uche - Fir park grass, Mitchell previous injury - grass, Haring hernia,.  Only other one that could possibly be put down to our pitch is Smith

Who is this Aaron Hickey boy?  Anyone know much about him?

Skilful, speedy fullback. Still on the slight side but good prospect. Probably too soon for him as first team regular. 

Austin MacGlee
8 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I agree.  We can’t keep blaming it on bad luck. 

I'm guilty of saying we're "unlucky" with injuries throughout this season but seeing all of them laid out bare on this thread is making me wonder if there's more to it. I like to think a club of our size, stature and professionalism is doing everything we can to keep the players in mint condition. If (and that's a big "if") we're slacking here then something needs to change. We looked like genuine title challengers until the injuries began and then our season fell flat.

Genuinely interested to know if any other teams in the league have injury lists like ours last season and this one.

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wait a minute, many on here say Levein is never at training, now a a player gets injured at training and it’s ‘wtf does he have them doing at training’ damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t it seems. 

I wasn't pointing the finger directly at Craig. Maybe I should have said "Wtf do the coaches do  when training the lads?"

My point was more wtf goes on at training when Craig isn't there?  

1 hour ago, GYL said:

Surely Brandon will come in at Left back.....is that not where he was playing when sent off against Celtic?

He was the weak link before his card. Doesn't exactly bode well. 

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I wasn't pointing the finger directly at Craig. Maybe I should have said "Wtf do the coaches do  when training the lads?"

My point was more wtf goes on at training when Craig isn't there?  

Think this is our first, and only, serious training injury this season. Happens at every club. Jimmy Dunn’s training injury was a ‘bad’ tackle from another player. Nothing to do with coaching regime. 

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He was the weak link before his card. Doesn't exactly bode well. 

In his first game for nearly twelve months. Give the boy a chance. 

Mr Elwood P

Why would Berra, Souttar, Smith, Uche and potentially Naismith sign contract extensions if Hearts management, medical staff or facilities had in any way caused those players to be injured? Plug your brains in!

53 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Do Hearts train on the new Hybrid pitch at Tynecastle though? 

Apart from warm-ups before a game I would think most of their training is at Riccarton which is a mix of artificial pitches and grass pitches. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ikpeazu - during a game

Berra - during a game

Souttar - during a game

Naismith x 2 - during a game

Smith - during a game

Mitchell - recurrance of an old injury

Haring - hernia

Dunne - injured in training

Garuccio - injured in training

Yeah...it's the training regime :lol:

I still think we could do something.  We should train Uche not to close down goalkeepers., train Naismith not to tell Uche to close down goalkeepers, train Berra to not land awkwardly as he desperately tries to close down shots.  Levein is supposed to have been a great defender, yet he can't even find a way to stop tissue popping through Haring's groin.  Lazy.

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

I suspect once Smith is fit again, he will come in at LB.

We have missed Smith so much, when is he due back?

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

I suspect once Smith is fit again, he will come in at LB.

Maybe Bobby Burns, forgot about him. Not featured since he came back from loan.

We have missed Smith so much, when is he due back?

He is back training and targeting the semi final for a return.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Shame. He could kick the ball really long as well.

What a bizarre curse the LB has become for us.

Think that’s why we brought in Aidy White, he’s cursed as well, so two negatives will equal a positive.