• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gizmo

• iantjambo

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

Bindy Badgy
Just now, jimbo99 said:

Glad I took the 7/2 on offer for under 2.5 goals....

I laid Scotland any other win at 1.7

You could see this coming a mile off.

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If goal difference is a factor in this group we are screwed.

Could be vital in the race for fourth.

Used to go home and away, was in San Marino last time we won 2-0 (but that was after a Mickey Cameron inspired 1-1 draw against Croatia).

We gave up travelling when we realised we were among the minority upset about the results.

Hardcore TA were middle aged, middle class drink, hoor and singsong enthusiasts, largely social misfits not giving a shit what happened on the park and from what I hear not much has changed. When even these types turn on the team/manager/set up its surely to Christ time for drastic action 

Seriously, seriously depressed at what’s become of our national sport 

Edited by cocobeab

Captain Canada

A 2-0 win is worthless given that every other team will probably best San Marino more comfortably home and away. 

We've played two teams outside the top 100 in the world and we have one win and a negative goal difference. Surely this is as bad as it can get. 

The games away to Russia and Belgium could be excruciating. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

People  had a right go at those of us who saw the big picture after home Israel game. 

Horrible team but yet players playing at the higher levels being dragged down 

John Findlay

If that had been Burley, Levein or Vogts in charge of the national team for these two games. EVERYONE would be calling for their head. McLeish is a Glasgow man who is for the light Blue part of the city therefore, to many he is bulletproof. Listening to the sycophants on the radio supporting him is embarrassing. If McLeish had an ounce of dignity he would resign on the plane home. If the GFA yes GFA had any balls they will have sacked him by now.

Said it after the last game how anybody at the SFA could think this was a good appointment after seeing McLeish's record over the last 6 years must be complete bonkers or just not give a shit 

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Strachan.......**** off.

Blaming everybody else but Mcleish.

Wont say a word against the sfa though.

He's always been like that. He's a typical fans and the media know feck all because they haven't played the game so what do they know type of arsehole.

McLeish needs to be put out to grass and pronto. Sick and tired of the GFA hiring scrapyard managers and I include Strachan in that.

These feckers wouldn't go near the Scotland job if a top club wanted them.

I loved Jim Spence's tweet after the Kazakhstan game about the Scotland job. Two words, Dick Campbell. People will scoff (rightly!) but in all seriousness there needs to be a completely different approach to appointing a new Scotland manager. Give the job to Shelley Kerr after the women's World Cup, we have absolutely nothing to lose. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

The combined value of the San Marino squad is €400,000. The rounded of entire value of the Scotland squad is €200 million. Struggling against part time footballers who are toiling and gassed after 60 minutes of play is a complete and utter disgrace. 

The stat above outlines the truth-the players couldn’t give a rats arse about the national team and it’s always been that way and always will. Disband it,it’s pointless. Also this exclusive membership bollocks that the sfa have the gall to use in order to watch these losers play is the biggest joke of all. I wouldn’t pay a fiver in at the gate to watch a bunch of overpaid disinterested arseholes pretend to “represent” their country without getting injured. These guys literally have ZERO motivation to play for scotland so what’s the actual point?

haveyouheard 22
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's always been like that. He's a typical fans and the media know feck all because they haven't played the game so what do they know type of arsehole.

McLeish needs to be put out to grass and pronto. Sick and tired of the GFA hiring scrapyard managers and I include Strachan in that.

Correct 

7 hours ago, Independence said:

Wow I've read it al now.Why bother coming on this thread. It must be terrible to be so bitter even worse when it is YOUR own country. 

Sorry I dont support 'MY' team, employing a tax cheat incompetent as manager, recalling players who had lifetime bans for disrespecting the nation, too name but a few reasons. Could delve into the grassroots and developmental failures also...

Scottish football and particularly the national team is an absolute joke, we are a laughing stock. If you want to support the highly overpaid beaks at the SFA protecting their racket, fostering corruption and doing SweetFA to tackle sectarianism... then thats cool.

I'll still enthusiastically support Hearts but lost all faith in the national team. We're not qualifying, not even getting close. Something has to change and another 'close run' qualifying campaign isn't going to initiate the top to bottom reforms our nation desperately needs.

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not even a top club...McLeish walked out to go to Birmingham

I have rough idea of who didnt want the Scotland job, but i would like to know what genuine contenders were in there. Not just names, but concrete interest who put their hat in the ring

Not in any defence of McLeish, but every qualifying group we seem to have an absolute horror result or two that ****s the whole campaign. I wonder just how much this is looked at and questions asked as to why nothing is learned from it.

132goals1958

Listening to the McLeish post match interview. Apparently McNulty could have had a hat trick but was great to see him getting in the right positions. It is not over as there are going to be blips in the group. You could not make it up.

Dont know what is the most cringeworthy 

Scotlands performance or Eck's press conference

Radio Scotland acting as MacLeish's supporters club.

FFS someone on the panel blaming the fans.

maroonsgotop
13 minutes ago, Phage said:

Sorry I dont support 'MY' team, employing a tax cheat incompetent as manager, recalling players who had lifetime bans for disrespecting the nation, too name but a few reasons. Could delve into the grassroots and developmental failures also...

Scottish football and particularly the national team is an absolute joke, we are a laughing stock. If you want to support the highly overpaid beaks at the SFA protecting their racket, fostering corruption and doing SweetFA to tackle sectarianism... then thats cool.

I'll still enthusiastically support Hearts but lost all faith in the national team. We're not qualifying, not even getting close. Something has to change and another 'close run' qualifying campaign isn't going to initiate the top to bottom reforms our nation desperately needs.

and wait for it.............Petrie about to become President of this shambles in a few weeks time on a 4 year tenure. could not flippin make it up. 

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

and wait for it.............Petrie about to become President of this shambles in a few weeks time on a 4 year tenure. could not flippin make it up. 

it's no corrupt though?

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

A 2-0 win is worthless given that every other team will probably best San Marino more comfortably home and away. 

We've played two teams outside the top 100 in the world and we have one win and a negative goal difference. Surely this is as bad as it can get. 

The games away to Russia and Belgium could be excruciating. 

Belgium, yes. 

Russia, not so sure. We may Suprise. 

I'd like to see just who would be suitable for the fans.

We won't get who we want so there has to be some realism when suggesting names..so lets hear them

Oh and much as a new manager might help (and i never wanted McLeish) the fix will not be instant one.

A new manager has the same pool of players to pick from but may be able to use some McLeish does not seem to have persuaded to come along for the ride.

I actually believe things in the background are improving and moves to improve youth levels are progressing though much of that is down to the clubs of course. However that is up to a decade in the making

17 minutes ago, Phage said:

Excellent post. It's a complete racket and people need to be calling it out. Our national sport is run like a cross between a masonic lodge and a bowling club. 

John Findlay
Just now, CJGJ said:

We won't get who we want so there has to be some realism when suggesting names..so lets hear them

Oh and much as a new manager might help (and i never wanted McLeish) the fix will not be instant one.

A new manager has the same pool of players to pick from but may be able to use some McLeish does not seem to have persuaded to come along for the ride.

I actually believe things in the background are improving and moves to improve youth levels are progressing though much of that is down to the clubs of course. However that is up to a decade in the making

Alex Neil. Not sure he would leave PNE.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If NI played England would they play god save the queen twice?

Just the once, but all hold each others cocks while it played. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

???

haveyouheard 22
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It usually beats the out of tune and cacophony we serve up 

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Excellent post. It's a complete racket and people need to be calling it out. Our national sport is run like a cross between a masonic lodge and a bowling club. 

Bowling cub yes

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

I think we need someone to come in and commit to a long term project.To be honest I'm with you it's no quick fix I think clubs in Scotland also need to help.We need to develop and then give younger players the chance through game time to help out the national side.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Phage said:

Yip. 

The whole system is ****ed. 

We need a total revamp at Club and international level or the decline will continue. 

The move to Murrayfield ( no matter if you agreed or not) would have been a big statement of the intent to change and be bold. 

We've had these discussions for 20 years now but as long as the club you mention is in tact it will not change. It will actually continue to get worse. 

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Alex Neil. Not sure he would leave PNE.

No offence to Preston but that's quite depressing that someone would choose them over their nation but I could see his reasoning if he did decline but it's depressing.

31 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He’s seriously not right in the head.

Mate I honestly think he has issues 

Not nice to see but has to go now 

heartandsoul
28 minutes ago, Phage said:

Excellent post mate

Just now, NB GIN said:

Mate I honestly think he has issues 

Not nice to see but has to go now 

Absolutely agree, I’m no mental health professional but even leaving aside what he says, the man is clearly not himself. Cannae believe none of his cheer leading pals in the media have stepped in publicly or otherwise  

52 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Used to go home and away, was in San Marino last time we won 2-0 (but that was after a Mickey Cameron inspired 1-1 draw against Croatia).

We gave up travelling when we realised we were among the minority upset about the results.

Hardcore TA were middle aged, middle class drink, hoor and singsong enthusiasts, largely social misfits not giving a shit what happened on the park and from what I hear not much has changed. When even these types turn on the team/manager/set up its surely to Christ time for drastic action 

Seriously, seriously depressed at what’s become of our national sport 

San Marino was before Croatia.

I was also at both games.

(Robert Prosinecki’s performance for Croatia was outstanding)

2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Absolutely agree, I’m no mental health professional but even leaving aside what he says, the man is clearly not himself. Cannae believe none of his cheer leading pals in the media have stepped in publicly or otherwise  

You are correct

Been busy making my wife binge watch Game of Thrones. Just checked score...oh dear...back to Season 3 and hope McLeish has resigned or been sacked by Season 4...

8 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The defeat to Kazakhstan means any victory here is akin to pyrrhic. The damage is done. 

FWIW..2-0 Scotland in a display that is both uninspiring and lethargic, and carried out by a group of players uninterested and demotivated. 

Bingo bango!!