***Scotland v San Marino Official Match Thread***

iantjambo

Not really an awful lot the team can do today to make up for Thursdays debacle. San Marino are officially the worst national team in the world and so victory is a mere formality (yes, even for Scotland).

Robertson,Fraser and Paterson are all available and so hopefully all three start.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gizmo

• iantjambo

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

Every other team will see san marino as game to massively increase their goal difference. Knowing Scotland they will think a 1-0 win is a positive.

Brighton Jambo

There was a newspaper headline during the week saying San Marino smell blood.....

Scotland will win by 4/5 but having seen the defence during the week I fancy San Marino to Score.  

If Scotland did just scape past them surely that is McLeishs time up? 

Riddley Walker

San Marino have played 154 internationals and have won 1 game.

They've scored 23 goals and conceded 665.

Doesn't really matter what happens here, changes nothing for McLeish.

gashauskis9

When you have teams like San Marino and Kazakhstan in your group, goal difference will be vital. I’d assume that Belgium and Russia will be on approx +20 after their 4 games against those teams.  We’re already on -3, so we need to score 23 goals in the remaining 3 games to come close, unless we get results against both Belgium and Russia.

We’ll win tonight, but with Eck’s total ineptitude it will be by 2/3 goals if we’re lucky.

Tommy Walker
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We’ll win tonight, but with Eck’s total ineptitude it will be by 2/3 goals if we’re lucky.

... if we lose tonight we might be lucky enough to see the 'mob' terminate McLeish

...even then the 'mob' continue

Difficult to say 'onup'

TW

I hope for a repeat of through the week.

Hate the SFA, hate the 6th floor suits that run the game, hate AMc, hate most if not all the players.

I have no love for Scottish football atm and hope we get humiliated to incite some sort of revolution.

gashauskis9
16 minutes ago, Phage said:

Hate the SFA, hate the 6th floor suits that run the game, hate AMc, hate most if not all the players.

I have no love for Scottish football atm and hope we get humiliated to incite some sort of revolution.

Sadly the revolution would simply involve recruiting another unemployed, unfancied Scotsman with nothing better to do.

copa-mundial
1 hour ago, Tenor said:

Souttar must start.

Like Thursday. From a Hearts perspective. I hope he doesn't. We have too many important games coming up. 

I'd rather he didn't play and returned back to us fully fit for our run in. 

The Internet
1 hour ago, Tenor said:

Souttar must start

He really mustn't. I want him to have no part of this. 

smartin1987

We have some good players not in the squad matt Ritchie,  Robert snodgrass, John fleck. Looking at the players don't think we are that bad as made out to be but somehow mcleish seems to get the worst out of the squad. 1-0 Scotland that's been optimistic 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
19 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

This on tv/sky anywhere?

Sky Sports Football 

Nookie Bear
36 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Sadly the revolution would simply involve recruiting another unemployed, unfancied Scotsman with nothing better to do.

Malky Mackay. 

Maiden Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He really mustn't. I want him to have no part of this. 

This.

I don't want any Hearts player associated with this team & manager. I am kind of glad Naisy is unavailable.

With maybe a couple of exceptions, there a lot of careers & reputations at the risk of becoming tarnished.

skinnybob72

A win in this game really matters not a jot as San Marino will pick up zero points in the whole campaign. While McLeish will claim it gets us 'back on track' or whatever it's a meaningless game - unless we somehow fail to win.

The result the other night means we now need to take 4 or more points off either Belgium or Russia to have a decent chance of finishing top 2. 

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

San Marino have played 154 internationals and have won 1 game.

They've scored 23 goals and conceded 665.

Doesn't really matter what happens here, changes nothing for McLeish.

Thats my worry - that a win is somehow used to vindicate him.

Sane happened after the abysmal performance and defeat in Israel. We won a couple of games we should win and everything was apparently rosie. Sections of tge media heaping praise on Eck for topping the group etc.

JamboGraham

0-0 after an hour....0-2 full time...McLeish carries on to at least the next weekend break from proper football...

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, TheStig said:

Every other team will see san marino as game to massively increase their goal difference. Knowing Scotland they will think a 1-0 win is a positive.

I've not checked the criteria but does goal difference including the bottom side now count? Historically, the results against the bottom side were removed but I don't know if this is still the case with the current qualifying method. 

0-0 and McLeish spouts some utter shite afterwards and we stumble on to the next game being laughing stocks of World football.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Could honestly see another embarrassment 

Please, don't. But you know what's worse, is the fact it has entered yours, mine and several others heads. We're really badly managed.

Riddley Walker
46 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I've not checked the criteria but does goal difference including the bottom side now count? Historically, the results against the bottom side were removed but I don't know if this is still the case with the current qualifying method. 

It does count.

It is only discounted in years when there are play off spots up for grabs and some groups have 5 teams and some teams have 6. No play offs from the groups this time around.

john brownlee

Can't see Scotland winning this, they couldn't win a raffle even if they bought all the tickets. At best an nil nil.

used to travel and support with all my heart, but not now.

Jambof3tornado

Narrow Scotland win after huffing and puffing.

San Marino so sit in and make it hard.

Fukkin hate mcleish and the sfa and all they represent.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Sane happened after the abysmal performance and defeat in Israel. We won a couple of games we should win and everything was apparently rosie. Sections of tge media heaping praise on Eck for topping the group etc.

Too true 

thing is we needs decision made before the Cyprus game - do we continue with McLeish (personally think this would be suicidal) or do we change it 

such an important decision and who better than Petrie and the like to f... it up royally ?

Independence
3 hours ago, Phage said:

Wow I've read it al now.Why bother coming on this thread. It must be terrible to be so bitter even worse when it is YOUR own country. 

132goals1958
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Exactly.as the game is a gimme in every sense of the word.  The last thing I want to hear from the buffoon is how the boys restored credibility and gave him the response he was looking for and all the other claptrap about twists and turns blah blah blah

Bridge of Djoum

The defeat to Kazakhstan means any victory here is akin to pyrrhic. The damage is done. 

FWIW..2-0 Scotland in a display that is both uninspiring and lethargic, and carried out by a group of players uninterested and demotivated. 

35 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Narrow Scotland win after huffing and puffing.

San Marino so sit in and make it hard.

Fukkin hate mcleish and the sfa and all they represent.

It will be a bit like Herats trying to score against a bottom six SPFL club. No idea how to break down a defence and little or no creativity from midfield.

If I were San Marino, I would have looked into replacing their pitch with one with an artificial surface when they saw that they were  drawn against Scotland. It's always advantageous to know that opposition players will refuse to man up and play on your artificial pitch. Too late now I suppose...

Edited by redjambo

27 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The defeat to Kazakhstan means any victory here is akin to pyrrhic. The damage is done. 

FWIW..2-0 Scotland in a display that is both uninspiring and lethargic, and carried out by a group of players uninterested and demotivated. 

Yes

And probably need to beat Russia home and away to qualify

Unless of course McLeish' s "twists and turns" thing happens. 

Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It will be a bit like Herats trying to score against a bottom six SPFL club. No idea how to break down a defence and little or no creativity from midfield.

Refreshing to see you take the opportunity to decry Hearts on a thread with **** all to do with Hearts.

Tiresome.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

And probably need to beat Russia home and away to qualify

Unless of course McLeish' s "twists and turns" thing happens. 

Alas, even the skills of this chap will not be enough to save Scotland from another campaign of zero progress.

Image result for the twist gif

6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Refreshing to see you take the opportunity to decry Hearts on a thread with **** all to do with Hearts.

Tiresome.

The truth often hurts though.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, wavydavy said:

So you admit your goal is to goad Hearts fans and criticize the club at any opportunity.

I genuinely feel for you. Hearts, and life in general seems to offer you no joy. 

tokyowalnut
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You're just boring. 

I think we'll win 2-0, McLeish will be happy and last week will all be forgotten about.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I’d rather Souttar didn’t play today 

But if he plays and plays well it could see his value increase. Thats a positive from a Hearts point of view.