Edinburgh Roads

Harry Potter

Stuart Lyon
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Out of interest, what is it that you think is wrong by prosecuting folk for not sticking to the speed limit, ignoring the restrictions outside school designed to protect bairns or driving about ignoring road signs?

Where did I say I thought it was wrong to prosecute the listed offences? 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Lyon

• The Real Maroonblood

• OBE

• been here before

Dennis Reynolds

It's just a different authority giving fines that are already applicable. Same with the pavement parking. You can avoid not getting a fine by not being a *****.

Jim_Duncan
35 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's just a different authority giving fines that are already applicable. Same with the pavement parking. You can avoid not getting a fine by not being a *****.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that, increasingly, people are happy to self identify as absolute *****s. 

been here before
2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Where did I say I thought it was wrong to prosecute the listed offences? 

So you're in favour of "the CeC's latest plan to benefit at the expense of vehicle drivers"?

il Duce McTarkin

I always treat the 20mph speed limits and not left/right turns more as recommendations than instructions. 🤷‍♂️

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I always treat the 20mph speed limits and not left/right turns more as recommendations than instructions. 🤷‍♂️

I thought those 20 signs were minimum pint allowances before you were allowed to even get behind the wheel. 

Janbo1874
2 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

👍 Drive to the conditions of the road.

• 3 weeks later...
Stuart Lyon

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-low-traffic-scheme-corstorphine-connects-has-not-cut-traffic-but-has-reduced-walking-and-cycling-4564483

All part of the plan for "no go"areas for vehicles in EH! Scott Arthur defends the failed scheme. CeC to embark on yet another of its infamous consultations on making Dalry Rd/ part of Gorgie Rd closed to all but buses/taxis/cyclists for 12 hours a day!

Jim_Duncan
39 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-low-traffic-scheme-corstorphine-connects-has-not-cut-traffic-but-has-reduced-walking-and-cycling-4564483

All part of the plan for "no go"areas for vehicles in EH! Scott Arthur defends the failed scheme. CeC to embark on yet another of its infamous consultations on making Dalry Rd/ part of Gorgie Rd closed to all but buses/taxis/cyclists for 12 hours a day!

:rofl:

So fewer people walking or cycling, but heavier traffic.

Sadly, these zealots will not take this as a defeat, but instead point to it as a reminder that cars and drivers are bad. 

I'm starting to think Scott Arthur must have walked in on his mum going at it with a Triumph Herald or something. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Thy offer no better alternatives to getting around and act shocked when people aren't ditching the cars. 

ArcticJambo

It won't matter what he says to somewhat placate dissenters, they'll plough on regardless.  They know best!

Edited by ArcticJambo

Jim_Duncan
36 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Thy offer no better alternatives to getting around and act shocked when people aren't ditching the cars. 

27 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

It won't matter what he says to somewhat placate dissenters, they'll plough on regardless.  They know best!

There's a religious fervour about him and his type. And like all religious nuts, they don't respect anyone who holds different views. A dangerous group.

frankblack
8 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

There's a religious fervour about him and his type. And like all religious nuts, they don't respect anyone who holds different views. A dangerous group.

In Edinburgh you need to vote differently at the local elections and avoid Greens, SNP and Labour who are rabid anti-car. 

Sadly too many people are terminally thick and vote on strict party lines.

Jim_Duncan
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

In Edinburgh you need to vote differently at the local elections and avoid Greens, SNP and Labour who are rabid anti-car. 

Sadly too many people are terminally thick and vote on strict party lines.

We have two good councillors. One Labour, one Tory. Some folk can’t see beyond the rosette. 

frankblack
54 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

We have two good councillors. One Labour, one Tory. Some folk can’t see beyond the rosette. 

The issue here is who to vote for to change the council approach from its victimising drivers and neglecting road maintenance.

On 22/03/2024 at 09:19, Stuart Lyon said:

All for this particularly on a match day. Much more pleasant walk along the maroon mile to Tynecastle and back to Haymarket.

On 26/03/2024 at 14:13, Stuart Lyon said:

I get the concerns raised however the ECC solution will be to simply close roads/restrict cars/lorries etc from using the roundabout which will solve the problem at that spot without looking at why HGV's are using that as a rat run, will of course have nothing whatsoever to do with spaces for people destroying almost every arterial route in and out of the city, forcing vehicles to try and find alternative routes/

Stuart Lyon

I see the pedalphiles are planning a protest cycle from the Braids to the Meadows re the opening up of some of the restrictions in the Braids/Cluny area.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I see the pedalphiles are planning a protest cycle from the Braids to the Meadows re the opening up of some of the restrictions in the Braids/Cluny area.

Aye?

Arent people allowed to protest in your world then?

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye?

Where does he say that? I'm struggling to see where he says they shouldn't be allowed to. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Stuart Lyon
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where does he say that? I'm struggling to see where he says they shouldn't be allowed to. 

Thank you Seymour.

been here before
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where does he say that? OI'm struggling to see where he says they shouldn't be allowed to. 

Ahhh right so he's fully supporting it?

Well thats nice to see he's agreeing with the pedalphiles given his previous views on "nimbys" and "the CECs plans to fleece drivers" for breaking the law.

Glad we managed to clear that up with you doing his bidding.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Ahhh right so he's fully supporting it?

Well thats nice to see he's agreeing with the pedalphiles given his previous views on "nimbys" and "the CECs plans to fleece drivers" for breaking the law.

Glad we managed to clear that up with you doing his bidding.

Grow up you child. Bringing it to our attention is neither supporting or not supporting it. As for doing his bidding I'm just calling you out for being puerile. 

Stuart Lyon
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Grow up you child. Bringing it to our attention is neither supporting or not supporting it. As for doing his bidding I'm just calling you out for being puerile. 

Well said again Seymour.

been here before
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

If only youd let him speak for himself...

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, been here before said:

If only youd let him speak for himself...

He's more than capable of doing so but probably feels it pointless debating with a 7 year old. As I fell the same I shall bid you farewell. 

been here before
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's more than capable of doing so but probably feels it pointless debating with a 7 year old. As I fell the same I shall bid you farewell. 

Again you feel the need to speak for him...

I love a 20 road, stick the car in cruise control at 20mph and watch the loser behind me seething all the way :lol:

If they get a bit too close then I need to drop the speed down to 18 for both our safety.

Also love when they are too close to me, means I can dodge a big pothole at the last second and watch them as they cant react in time and smash right through it :rofl:

:jjyay:

il Duce McTarkin
30 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's more than capable of doing so but probably feels it pointless debating with a bike w***er. As I fell the same I shall bid you farewell. 

:greatpost:

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye?

Its doubtful that any of the protesters are residents of Braid/Cluny but then why should anyone give a s*** about what the residents think?

The Council has created a nonsensical roads version of Snakes and Ladders mixed with the Hampton Court maze there.

It would, however, be ideal for a bicycle race!

Am I the only one who worries about the safety of cyclists (aka pedalphiles) when boys with an encyclopedic knowledge of pubs are driving willy nilly on the roads of Edinburgh? 

Stuart Lyon
9 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Am I the only one who worries about the safety of cyclists (aka pedalphiles) when boys with an encyclopedic knowledge of pubs are driving willy nilly on the roads of Edinburgh? 

No need to worry I know he gives all cyclists ample room when overtaking unlike those on bikes on the pavements who don't afford me the same courtesy when I'm on foot.!

Edited by Stuart Lyon

been here before
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

No need to worry I know he gives all cyclists ample room when overtaking unlike those on bikes on the pavements who don't afford me the same courtesy when I'm on foot.!

Remind us why this was needed Stuart...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51rgx4yrgdo

...or likely get @Seymour M Hersh to do it for you.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Thankfully,  Midlothian are enforcing that from Monday.

Its certainly worked well round my way but as ever there remains the ignorant overly entitled arseholes who insist on parking ilon pavements outside schools etc showing no courtesy to anyone when on foot.!

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-parents-branded-selfish-flout-28536842

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its certainly worked well round my way but as ever there remains the ignorant overly entitled arseholes who insist on parking ilon pavements outside schools etc showing no courtesy to anyone when on foot.!

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-parents-branded-selfish-flout-28536842

Hopefully in my area, it will mean the pavements are safer to walk on, rather than stepping on uneven slabs due to self-entitled drivers driving on said pavements.  Should also mean councils can spend money in other areas, thus reducing whinging from self-entitled drivers.

I see one obstacle mentioned in Midlothian is that wardens stop at 6pm. They should extend the hours until midnight, then. Problem solved. 

Likewise,  I see the same arseholes you mention, picking up their little princesses and soldiers from school, usually driving in a huge 4x4 down a tight road, obviously not designed for such machines. Again, when the lazy buggers are picking up their Dominoes and curries.

A slightly longer walk will help burn some calories.

Stuart Lyon

Just back from doing a few errands across town and I can report that no pedalphiles were harassed or harmed by me during this trip.

ArcticJambo

Missed the night bus on Wed night. Standing in front of the Apple Store for 25mins was getting absolutely trolled by Uber after Bber cyclist semi=pedalling by from McD's round the corner.  Lazy ***** eating cold shite paid for with a couple of shekles.  Irrational I know but got me seeething!

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Just back from doing a few errands across town and I can report that no pedalphiles were harassed or harmed by me during this trip.

Try harder next time, Stuart. Together, we can beat the two wheeled menace. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

tenor.gif

Stuart Lyon
12 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I'm preparing for my weekly encounter tonight with pavement pedalphiles (mostly food delivery people) in Lothian Road and Morrison St.  

been here before
15 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

He'll have to stop "blasting his horn a few times " and getting out to "challenge" other drivers first. Leading to them "parking on the pavement".

Stuart isnt an angry driver by any measure :rofl:

Screenshot_20240329_151930_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c96669232ff0ef5b10c014e793ea3489.jpg

4 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I'm preparing for my weekly encounter tonight with pavement pedalphiles (mostly food delivery people) in Lothian Road and Morrison St.  

Doesn't @Seymour M Hersh walk in front of you making sure your safe?

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, been here before said:

He'll have to stop "blasting his horn a few times " and getting out to "challenge" other drivers first. Leading to them "parking on the pavement".

Stuart isnt an angry driver by any measure :rofl:

Screenshot_20240329_151930_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c96669232ff0ef5b10c014e793ea3489.jpg

Doesn't @Seymour M Hersh walk in front of you making sure your safe?

At least we know why you’re always angry on here. That saddle up your arse has to hurt after a while 😜