Sunday bloody Sunday

Jambothump

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I doubt that will get anywhere near a courtroom 

I hope not.

I was under the impression that under the GF agreement this wouldn’t happen.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

• John Findlay

manaliveits105
On 14/03/2019 at 12:43, FWJ said:

Maybe we should send the Scots back to Ireland and leave Caledonia to the Celts and Picts.

In fact maybe we should get rid of the Northumbrians, Norse and Celts and leave it all to the Picts.

Goodness.  Where to start.

Now we are talking there were no woke Picts 

manaliveits105
On 15/03/2019 at 17:54, rambothejambo said:

As someone who completed an active service tour in West Belfast in '86, the number of idiotic comments on this page merely confirm the saying, "better to be thought a fool, than opening your mouth and proving it". Very few of you will know what it's like to be in that sort of situation, I imagine Soldier "F" who is to possibly stand trial over in Londonderry, reacted to what he perceived to be a genuine threat. Each and every one of us knew very clearly what the rules of engagement were. I can't work out why only he has been singled out, possibly gave the fire control order or opened fire first. After the GFA it rankles that we are going after ex marines/soldiers for potential crimes, yet we have pardoned known killers of innocent men women and children. I feel, once again, that British Servicemen are being used as political pawns. How any ex Para can expect a fair hearing in a city that can't even decide it's proper title is beyond me. RTJ.

:spoton:

highlandjambo3

I spent a total of 3 years service in NI.  My first tour was in Belfast 83-85 and even then the *rules of engagement in some instances was questionable.  This incident earlier on at the start of the troubles was definitely bloody, but I don’t think we’ll ever get to the truth……of course all victims from all sides want answers.

* Every single soldier had to carry a “rules of engagement” card which gave guidelines on when you could use lethal force…..sometimes it was absolutely clear cut, other times it was your “interpretation” of how dangerous the situation you were in was.

I’ll pop down a few examples and leave you to answer these, I’ll provide the answer (my interpretation) later.

scenario - your part of a 12 man patrol (in 3 groups of 4) in west Belfast and this happens:

1.  You round a corner and see a terrorist with an RPG 7 on his shoulder aiming at a passing police Land Rover.

2.  You round a corner and see a terrorise with an RPG 7 on his shoulder.

3.  Whilst walking past a gang of rowdy youths you see 2-3 of them with their faces covered picking up large stones/bricks.

4.  Whilst carrying out vehicle checks on a busy road, a car suddenly accelerates at high speed heading directly towards you or a colleague.

5.  You hear a burst of machine gun fire and you locate the area where the shots come from.  As you quickly approach that area you see a person carrying what looks like a rifle wearing a balaclava running away.

6.   You hear a burst of machine gun fire and you locate the area where the shots come from.  As you quickly approach that area you see a person wearing a balaclava running away.

7.  Whilst driving past a gang of youths at night you can see some of them are carrying what looks like petrol bombs, one of the youths lights the tip of one of the bottles, raises his are and prepares to throw it at the patrol Land Rover in front of you.

Now, you’re carrying a rifle……

who gets shot? (no warning required)

who gets shot? (after a warning)

who can’t we shoot?

Edited by highlandjambo3

highlandjambo3
11 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I spent a total of 3 years service in NI.  My first tour was in Belfast 83-85 and even then the *rules of engagement in some instances was questionable.  This incident earlier on at the start of the troubles was definitely bloody, but I don’t think we’ll ever get to the truth……of course all victims from all sides want answers.

* Every single soldier had to carry a “rules of engagement” card which gave guidelines on when you could use lethal force…..sometimes it was absolutely clear cut, other times it was your “interpretation” of how dangerous the situation you were in was.

I’ll pop down a few examples and leave you to answer these, I’ll provide the answer (my interpretation) later.

scenario - your part of a 12 man patrol (in 3 groups of 4) in west Belfast and this happens:

1.  You round a corner and see a terrorist with an RPG 7 on his shoulder aiming at a passing police Land Rover.

3.  Whilst walking past a gang of rowdy youths you see 2-3 of them with their faces covered picking up large stones/bricks.

4.  Whilst carrying out vehicle checks on a busy road, a car suddenly accelerates at high speed heading directly towards you or a colleague.

5.  You hear a burst of machine gun fire and you locate the area where the shots come from.  As you quickly approach that area you see a person carrying what looks like a rifle wearing a balaclava running away.

6.   You hear a burst of machine gun fire and you locate the area where the shots come from.  As you quickly approach that area you see a person wearing a balaclava running away.

7.  Whilst driving past a gang of youths at night you can see some of them are carrying what looks like petrol bombs, one of the youths lights the tip of one of the bottles, raises his arm and prepares to throw it at the patrol Land Rover in front of you.

who can’t we shoot?

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

7.  Whilst driving past a gang of youths at night you can see some of them are carrying what looks like petrol bombs, one of the youths lights the tip of one of the bottles, raises his are and prepares to throw it at the patrol Land Rover in front of you.

who can’t we shoot?

1. Shoot to kill

2. Shoot to kill

3. Can't shoot

4. Shoot to kill

5. Warning, then shoot

6. Can't shoot

7. Warning, then shoot

highlandjambo3

I should have added this:

Just to add to the mix, each group of 4 soldiers had 1 of these FRG (federal riot gun), better known for firing plastic bullets.  The soldier carrying this would have it slung over his shoulder in clear view……this might help with scenario 3.

IMG_5931.jpeg

17 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

:spoton:

You were praising Mussolini the other day, "Il Duce", because of a football match between Lazio and Celtic. Not sure, you're best placed to support our armed forces.

My father was in the forces and my grandfathers fought against Hitler and your idol Mussolini. Just because you claim to be a Jambo doesn't make you any better than some Green Brigade goon and his irrelevant songs .

manaliveits105
28 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

You were praising Mussolini the other day, "Il Duce", because of a football match between Lazio and Celtic. Not sure, you're best placed to support our armed forces.

My father was in the forces and my grandfathers fought against Hitler and your idol Mussolini. Just because you claim to be a Jambo doesn't make you any better than some Green Brigade goon and his irrelevant songs .

As usual you are talking shoite 

nice double bluff though pretending you support Hearts 

il Duce McTarkin
49 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Oi!

:seething:

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

1. Shoot to kill

2. Shoot to kill

3. Shoot to kill

4. Shoot to kill

5. Shoot to kill

6. Shoot to kill

7. Shoot to kill

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

All shoot to kill.

Couple of PHM right there.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Fair comment. 

manaliveits105
12 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair comment. 

Try and keep up Wurthers there was no praise of Il Duce but I know it's difficult for slow thinkers