The "young team" Monday night ...

jambovambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Boab said:

We’re getting there !

Surely ? Or he did, which is it ?

As a say surely he must have seen coins to make this claim and I'd hope at Craig leveins news conference for the Dundee game a journalist will ask him if he saw anything 

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• i8hibsh

• soonbe110

• Governor Tarkin

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As a say surely he must have seen coins to make this claim and I'd hope at Craig leveins news conference for the Dundee game a journalist will ask him if he saw anything 

What do you make of fans claims on here who said they were in the area and seen nothing. Does their view have as much credibility as a manager ?

Listen, bud, i’m not having a pop at you but after recent incidents and a quite staggering claim of showers of coins, can you blame anyone for calling out some of these claims ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Boab said:

What do you make of fans claims on here who said they were in the area and seen nothing. Does their view have as much credibility as a manager ?

Listen, bud, i’m not having a pop at you but after recent incidents and a quite staggering claim of showers of coins, can you blame anyone for calling out some of these claims ?

What I will say is if Gary Caldwell saying this as a malicious lie then the sfa should throw the book at him no question ! 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

So you are saying that I, and several others on here, who were sitting right behind the home dugout on Monday, are lying? 

i don’t believe Partick Thistle have said anything about it yet. We have a journo quoting a supposed ‘Partick Thistle source/representative’ 

No-one on this forum who was at the game has yet to say they saw a shower of objects or any objects thrown at the home dugout. Given the lack of comment from the SFA I suspect the fourth official didn’t witness any of it either. Certainly at no point was the ref called over because of the shower of objects. 

Suspect its all in your and Keith Jackson’s mind and that’s about it. Any bother in Scottish football and it must be Hearts-related. Tiresome. 

The people who were doing all the singing (not sure how best to describe them without insinuating blame based on age or anything else) were very close to the front of the stand, in the area behind the dug outs. As such the vast majority of the remainder of the fans were located  higher in the stand than they were. Most would have had a very clear view of anything being thrown from the stand. The thread started off with people talking about what they were singing, which they thought was bad. I genuinely believe that if those same people, in fact anyone there, had seen coins/missiles being thrown at the dug out area then that would have come up in some of the comments that were made towards the start of the thread as well. I was at Firhill, located about half way up the stand, to the left of the directors box and I saw nothing being thrown and no one around me said anything which suggested they had seen something. The piece quoted earlier in this thread makes reference to a source, but it doesn't say if that source was the same person who provided the information about things being looked into. Could just as easy have been a source who wasn't even at the game, or if they were as an employee of Partick Thistle could quite easily be either a Rangers or Celtic fan. I think it is fair enough to pull groups up for things that they do do which are out of hand, but people blaming them for something that nobody watching the game from the stand appears to have seen happening does seem strange.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The people who were doing all the singing (not sure how best to describe them without insinuating blame based on age or anything else) were very close to the front of the stand, in the area behind the dug outs. As such the vast majority of the remainder of the fans were located  higher in the stand than they were. As such most would have had a very clear view of anything being thrown from the stand. The thread started off with people talking about what they were singing, which they thought was bad. I genuinely believe that if those same people, in fact anyone there, had seen coins/missiles being thrown at the dug out area then that would have come up in some of the comments that were made towards the start of the thread as well. I was at Firhill, located about half way up the stand, to the left of the directors box and I saw nothing being thrown and no one around me said anything which suggested they had seen something. The pice quoted earlier in this thread makes reference to a source, but it doesn't say if that source was the same person who provided the information about thyings being looked into. Could just as easy have been a source who wasn't even at the game, or if they were as an employee of Partick Thistle could quite easily be either a Rangers or Celtic fan. I think it is fair enough to pull groups up for things that they do do which are out of hand, but people blaming them for something that nobody watching the game from the stand appears to have seen happening does seem strange.

If what you saying gospel then Ann Budge should come out and defend our supporters 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If what you saying gospel then Ann Budge should come out and defend our supporters 

You’re being obtuse.

If someone says they never seen anything, it is a honest view. Just like Caldwell’s view.

It’s the language used from this unknown ‘ source ‘ that seems strange to many.

Showers of anything would not go unnoticed from anyone in that area.

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

You’re being obtuse.

If someone says they never seen anything, it is a honest view. Just like Caldwell’s view.

It’s the language used from this unknown ‘ source ‘ that seems strange to many.

Showers of anything would not go unnoticed from anyone in that area.

Never mind the unknown source ! Caldwell is quoted himself 

I’m another that was at in the section, right behind the dugouts and never seen anything thrown let alone shower down. 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Never mind the unknown source ! Caldwell is quoted himself 

It’s the source making the claims !

SpruceBringsteen

I'm all for piling into these wee clowns, but I'm hearing from my ITK sources that this is absolute horseshit.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So your saying now a newspaper would print a quote from a manager as a lie?

No I’m not. I’m suggesting Caldwell never said it and it’s journalistic license.  If Caldwell did say it then he is indeed lying. Just read the posts in this thread. Must now be approaching double figures of fans who were sitting behind home dugout on Monday who didn’t see any objects thrown at Caldwell. Are you suggesting journo and/or Caldwell are telling the truth and we are all lying? Give it a rest. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, soonbe110 said:

No I’m not. I’m suggesting Caldwell never said it and it’s journalistic license.  If Caldwell did say it then he is indeed lying. Just read the posts in this thread. Must now be approaching double figures of fans who were sitting behind home dugout on Monday who didn’t see any objects thrown at Caldwell. Are you suggesting journo and/or Caldwell are telling the truth and we are all lying? Give it a rest. 

Really hope a journo asks Craig levein at press conference because if Caldwell lying you can be sure Craig will say it 

36 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What I will say is if Gary Caldwell saying this as a malicious lie then the sfa should throw the book at him no question ! 

I’ll repeat - how do you know Caldwell said it? 

upgotheheads

This is really weird.

There were cameras at the game, there were hundreds of people in the area behind the dugouts, it's not possible to throw a coin or anything else without lifting your arm above your head, there was a fourth official in the same area as the coaches, there must have been evidence such as objects on the ground, there were stewards and police in the area.

Were there arrests, was anyone hurt, can anyone identify anyone ?

Speak up for goodness sake if anybody in the crowd actually saw any of the above.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’ll repeat - how do you know Caldwell said it? 

Caldwell is quoted in the evening news ffs

26 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

And people like you shouldn’t castigate Hearts fans for something that didn’t happen based on the tittle-tattle of a known purveyor of biased reporting. Their back page on the subject didn’t even mention the seat throwing at Pittodrie on Sunday. What is worse throwing coins or ripping up seats and throwing them? 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Caldwell is quoted in the evening news ffs

Says it all if you believe anything reported in that rag. Their stories mainly come from here. Wouldn’t be surprised if you are their source in tomorrow’s follow up article. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Says it all if you believe anything reported in that rag. Their stories mainly come from here. Wouldn’t be surprised if you are their source in tomorrow’s follow up article. 

So you believe a reporter would quote a manager that he hasn't even spoken too ? 

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So you believe a reporter would quote a manager that he hasn't even spoken too ? 

Wasn’t so very long ago that one particular rag run an article purporting to be an interview with the wife of a dead VC winner that didn’t happen. These people are not above making things up when it suits an agenda.

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I may be wrong here but the article was written by an Irishman who I cannot work out if they are a journalist or an editor, seems to be the latter though at The Scotsman as he now appears to be living in Edinburgh, and seems to be more inclined to articles on Gaelic football in Ireland and his speciality appears to be food and drink. If he were acting as an editor I'd guess he was editing someone else's work. As well as the Scotsman he also does work for the EEN but is involved in Social Media, which I guess involves rattling through websites looking for info.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So your saying now a newspaper would print a quote from a manager as a lie?

Well lennon did even though it hit him in the chest he tried to claim it hit him square in the puss. Media lie big time  that's the world we live in now sadly. 

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

So Gary Caldwell is making it all up? ?

No one is saying that. A lot of people are bemused that everyone who said they were in that area seen nothing. Are they making it up ?

Well, there you go...! A shower of objects must be hard to spot seemingly !

I’ve said enough on this. All very strange.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I do. Happens regularly 

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Here's my view from row c to add to the others :thumbsup:

image.png.6bfb6fa1b6d6d466afcba6d81cf0c65a.png

Stray coins must've been bouncing off of your head, mate. :(

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Stray coins must've been bouncing off of your head, mate. :(

Tough times mate :(

image.png.617e4fb6474f330f8d9e1726de15db5e.png

Clark Griswold
38 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I count 5 hands there - must have all launched the coins in unison to create said shower!

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Tough times mate :(

image.png.617e4fb6474f330f8d9e1726de15db5e.png

Thoughts and prayers, Dunks. :(

I was in row C behind the Hearts dugout. I can’t give a 100% guarantee that nothing was thrown but I didn’t see anything being thrown and there was certainly no shower of missiles thrown. 

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

So Gary Caldwell is making it all up? ?

You not got anyone with first hand evidence who can back up the claims? 

gorgieheart

Caldwell has been quoted in the Metro today as saying that coins were hitting the dug out , but he wasnt hit !

Daily Record really do know how to twist a story !

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Caldwell has been quoted in the Metro today as saying that coins were hitting the dug out , but he wasnt hit !

Daily Record really do know how to twist a story !

The picture they used of him with his head down, underneath the headline was scandalous and a reminder that it is as bad as The S*n. I can’t think of a bigger insult.

The Herald (National, and Evening Times - same article) today says Lennon "sustained a head injury" the last time he was at Tynecastle

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/celtic/news/17481831.celtic-defender-kristoffer-ajer-players-need-to-feel-safe-on-the-pitch-again/?

"In the last five months former Hibernian manager Neil Lennon sustained a head wound after being struck by a coin thrown from the Hearts support during a 0-0 draw at Tynecastle and Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal was punched by a Hibs fan. "

17 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would it really matter if Ann budge came out and defended our supporters as there would still be arseholes in our support and on this forum who would believe the press and opposition managers before believing a good number of fans who said they didn’t see anything!!!

3 hours ago, jambovambo said:

The Herald (National, and Evening Times - same article) today says Lennon "sustained a head injury" the last time he was at Tynecastle

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/celtic/news/17481831.celtic-defender-kristoffer-ajer-players-need-to-feel-safe-on-the-pitch-again/?

"In the last five months former Hibernian manager Neil Lennon sustained a head wound after being struck by a coin thrown from the Hearts support during a 0-0 draw at Tynecastle and Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal was punched by a Hibs fan. "

Lazy or purposely inaccurate journalism.  Standard these days in this country unfortunately. 

20 hours ago, netherleejambo said:

I was in row A right behind the thistle dugout and didn't see any missiles thrown let alone a 'shower'. If there had been  I'm sure stewards/police would have been called into the area behind to seek out culprits but there was only one steward and that nice BBC reporter although she disappeared after one of the thistle background staff offered her a drink out of his water bottle!

Which bbc reporter? ??

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Lazy or purposely inaccurate journalism.  Standard these days in this country unfortunately. 

Wow , that is shocking journalism... will be lapped up and now gospel too

17 hours ago, Dunks said:

Fake pic guy in front looks like he’s clapping that doesn’t happen with our fans ?? i read an article saying one coin throwing fan then reading through this theead appears we have tried to outdo the lottery winners contribution to Thistle ??‍♂️

We do have a few bams who are really noticeable at away games. There were several fans i know who are banned from Tynie who were at Easter Road. Policing tickets is next to impossible. Can you imagine trying to say one only to be picked up from Tynie with photo id. Just wouldn’t work. Something needs done across the board however both about fans who do this stuff (surely the flare reported by our own fans on here was more dangerous than an isolated coin (based on info from here)yet not reported as such) before we end up watching games behind nets. Also about the media who report things so poorly and playing to two audiences almost glorifying their behaviour and chastising other teams. Sensationilising Lennons jacket attack by claiming he got a head wound is ludicrous and enabling that kind of behaviour by people like Lennon just incites further feelings of hatred towards someone. 

Scottish football is a mess due to piss poor management and pandering to Rangers and Celtic for decades. Due to a changing social culture , new technology and social media things are becoming even more noticeable and tribalistic. The SFA have to take responsibility then make clubs do so aswell and work together to improve things. This of course won’t happen. 

12 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Be strange of Caldwell to make this up after the way he spoke out following the Lennon incident ??‍♂️

Indeed it is strange but either Caldwell or the journo are making it up. 

Indeed it is strange but either Caldwell or the journo are making it up. 

Maybe its in the middle Caldwell has said a coin was thrown and the journo has sensationilised it as a load of coins

Just now, sadj said:

Maybe its in the middle Caldwell has said a coin was thrown and the journo has sensationilised it as a load of coins

Could be. Either way one of them is at it. Classic deflection tactic away from the real issues amongst OF fans. Surely the ripping up and throwing of 80+ seats is bigger news than a few (imaginary) coins. What happened at Pittodrie on  Sunday is a real first step back to the bad old days. 

Could be. Either way one of them is at it. Classic deflection tactic away from the real issues amongst OF fans. Surely the ripping up and throwing of 80+ seats is bigger news than a few (imaginary) coins. What happened at Pittodrie on  Sunday is a real first step back to the bad old days. 

Kinda what i was getting at with my long post above ??

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Not sure it was a journo.

’ A source ‘ is how they described the character making the ‘ shower of coins ‘ quote.

Only a hunch but could be someone in the Thistle dug-out.

NEDs looking for something to be angry about. Not a unique thing.

The best examples of deluded vocal fans being put in their place is self-policing from other supporters. Usually from a few lads who look like they can handle themselves. Shows that the shite they spew won’t be tolerated and that their stance, while they’re allowed to have one, is unpopular.